Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 06-12-2013, 9:07 AM
CGN Contributor

UPDATE

Got an email with a tracking # and just waiting for the mailperson to see if it is really here.

ordered 12-28-12 expected arrival 6-12-13
The email says anodized
If the order is completed that means they are only a few months behind and catching up. I bet all manu pay better attention and learned a few things this go around.
In a month or two it will start all over again.
Old 06-12-2013, 2:15 PM

I ordered two anodized lowers on 14Jan13, and just recieved them on 10Jun13. The original date for delivery was August or September 2013, what they told me, so I was plesently suprised when i got the lower a cpoupl e of days ago. No if anybody has any information on their build parties I would appreciate it, PM me.
Old 06-12-2013, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youn1071 View Post
I ordered two anodized lowers on 14Jan13, and just recieved them on 10Jun13. The original date for delivery was August or September 2013, what they told me, so I was plesently suprised when i got the lower a cpoupl e of days ago. No if anybody has any information on their build parties I would appreciate it, PM me.
WTF! I ordered 1 stinkin' measly lower on 03Jan13 and these vessels of vaginal cleansing fluid charged me on 07Jan13 and I still haven't heard diddley squat from these lowlifes. I've sent 2 emails to them the first one was a polite, "can I get an update on my order?", with a response of shipping mid-May, with a follow up from someone else in the Arse Armor family saying June. The last one I sent I get no response, but it was a strongly worded letter. This is a bunch of bull fecal matter! Once I get my order these guys can go urinate up a rope.
Old 06-12-2013, 2:48 PM

I have emailed with them a few times and they have responded with increasingly later delivery dates. Well its Mid June now and still no lower so I called my CC today to dispute the charge. It was pretty funny when the woman asked what the item was that I was disputing and I said "80% Lower" and she said...a WHAT?
Old 06-12-2013, 3:14 PM
Veteran Member

Did anyone else see the Ares Armor apology they just posted on Facebook a few minutes ago??? No lowers until July 8th =(
Old 06-12-2013, 3:29 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youn1071 View Post
Why the **** are people that ordered after me getting their ****ing orders before me?????? Seriously, WTF?????
Feinstein hasn't been this pissed since somebody dropped a house on her sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir13 View Post
I hope a thousand 7075 T6 blocks of alu 2" x 17" x 7" fall on that Legislaters d***!
Old 06-12-2013, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAR79 View Post
Did anyone else see the Ares Armor apology they just posted on Facebook a few minutes ago??? No lowers until July 8th =(
I was just coming to post the link they put up to their site. They make it clear that they're not apologizing, that their supplier is. This company's CS is still completely and utterly nonexistent. I'd put money on July 8th coming and going without any new communications or deliveries.

http://aresarmor.com/store/NewsArticle/3rdPartyApology

I feel like asking for my money back plus the pitiful CD interest rate for six months of being ignored and insulted by them now boasting their Kydex chewing tobacco holsters.
Old 06-12-2013, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgecrowbar View Post
I was just coming to post the link they put up to their site. They make it clear that they're not apologizing, that their supplier is. This company's CS is still completely and utterly nonexistent. I'd put money on July 8th coming and going without any new communications or deliveries.

http://aresarmor.com/store/NewsArticle/3rdPartyApology

I feel like asking for my money back plus the pitiful CD interest rate for six months of being ignored and insulted by them now boasting their Kydex chewing tobacco holsters.
First of all any Joe Schmoe could have written the letter. It doesn't say who its from; company or person. I couldn't make out that chicken scratch of a signature if I tried. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they are in the process of rolling up the sidewalks. What does escrow normally take on the sale of a property, 30 days?

These guys are going to slink away under the cover of darkness.

Regardless of what cheap *** excuse they're giving, it does not correct the situation of shipping peoples orders out of turn.

The thing is once we all get our orders, what are they going to do to make the situation right? Free build party? If only. The only thing they'll get out of it is knowing that their image is tarnished.
Old 06-12-2013, 6:27 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDad View Post
The thing is once we all get our orders, what are they going to do to make the situation right? Free build party? If only. The only thing they'll get out of it is knowing that their image is tarnished.

I would honestly rather turn them down and pay for it anywhere else than to be amongst anyone affiliated with the company. That's even if they tried to make good and offered something other than a discounted item they have and I have no use for.
Quote:
I hope a thousand 7075 T6 blocks of alu 2" x 17" x 7" fall on that Legislaters d***!
Old 06-12-2013, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDad View Post
First of all any Joe Schmoe could have written the letter. It doesn't say who its from; company or person. I couldn't make out that chicken scratch of a signature if I tried. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they are in the process of rolling up the sidewalks. What does escrow normally take on the sale of a property, 30 days?

These guys are going to slink away under the cover of darkness.

Regardless of what cheap *** excuse they're giving, it does not correct the situation of shipping peoples orders out of turn.

I didn't even look at the letter, that's one cruddy scan. Time to pull the loud handle on this flight of the dodo.

As an aside: build parties were ruled no-go by the ATF because it essentially made it one hoop to jump through to buy a functional serial-less lower. As far as I know, they aren't doing any more of them, but I'd have to see their calendar to be sure. Not that anyone has anything to bring to one.
Old 06-13-2013, 8:56 AM
CGN Contributor

Update

It showed up and looks good. We will see if the parts fit.

On a side note there was a nifty coupon for 10% off of a kydex holster and a .30 pocket constitution in the box. I know it is .30 because I ordered 200 to give out from the place that distributes them.
Old 06-13-2013, 9:24 AM

Location: Just a peckerwood living in the mountains with too many guns

glad you got your parts. Ordered mine 4 days before you...haven't received ANY communication from them. Maybe they have all their orders on the wall, and are just throwing darts to decide who gets their stuff...
Old 06-13-2013, 9:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikid View Post
glad you got your parts. Ordered mine 4 days before you...haven't received ANY communication from them. Maybe they have all their orders on the wall, and are just throwing darts to decide who gets their stuff...
Thinking the carnival game with balloons and darts, crazy visuals.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWHuey View Post
I have not ordered anything from Ares,that being said, Any company that takes your money months prior to being able to fulfill/deliver the product is suspect at best. I understand keeping payment info on file to be charged when product is available,but charging months ahead of that on the premise that you will probably get it is ridiculous. What happens if said company goes bankrupt,or is charged with some crime and shut down? Just my $.02
yup i agree. this is one way companies bankroll to have buying power with wholesaler. its called "OPM" other-peoples-money. why use my money upfont to buy wholesale wheni can use other peoples money telling them to pay now and ill ship their stuff late.lol
Old 06-13-2013, 3:58 PM

I know this is going to stir up this thread a little bit more, but oh well. First off, I would like to state that none of you on this site have any place to say that we give the Marine Corps a bad name. None of you know us or what we have done. I don't know where people are getting this bull**** that we use the fact that we are veterans. The only place we have this stated resides in the "About Us" section of our website; and all that says is that we are Veteran owned and operated company.

Now, for the apology letter we posted, I assure you that the letter is, in fact, a real letter. We have a Non-Disclosure Agreement with the manufacturer and cannot publicly announce his business name or personal name. We paid him an astronomical amount of money in November and he sent us sub-standard parts. We have representatives with him right now aiding his company in quality control efforts.

Since we manually input every order into our system we have discovered that some orders were post-processed with the wrong order date. (Meaning instead of the order date being the date of order, the actual day it was processed was used.) That is the reason some orders have been received before others. This issue was a human error and we have taken the necessary steps to mitigate this for future orders. For those customers that have been affected by this we are truly sorry.

For the accusation that we do not correspond with all inquires we can only assure you this is false. I, myself, answer emails and phone calls every single day. My reply to emails are somewhat tardy due to the heavy influx of emails sent to me and the company.
Lastly, we will not post an apology letter. As we have seen by the response to the Manufacturers letter this may seem too easily fraudulent or misconstrued. We will be filming an apology video, no chance to hide behind this, for our customers that have been marred by the back order situation.

As previously stated, I am well aware this will, undoubtedly, invoke a myriad of responses, but I am tired of reading assumptions and fallacies. Our level of transparency in the matter has far exceeded industry norms and standards, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Sincerely

Ares Armor
Old 06-13-2013, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugov08 View Post
I know this is going to stir up this thread a little bit more, but oh well. First off, I would like to state that none of you on this site have any place to say that we give the Marine Corps a bad name. None of you know us or what we have done. I don't know where people are getting this bull**** that we use the fact that we are veterans. The only place we have this stated resides in the "About Us" section of our website; and all that says is that we are Veteran owned and operated company.

Now, for the apology letter we posted, I assure you that the letter is, in fact, a real letter. We have a Non-Disclosure Agreement with the manufacturer and cannot publicly announce his business name or personal name. We paid him an astronomical amount of money in November and he sent us sub-standard parts. We have representatives with him right now aiding his company in quality control efforts.

Since we manually input every order into our system we have discovered that some orders were post-processed with the wrong order date. (Meaning instead of the order date being the date of order, the actual day it was processed was used.) That is the reason some orders have been received before others. This issue was a human error and we have taken the necessary steps to mitigate this for future orders. For those customers that have been affected by this we are truly sorry.

For the accusation that we do not correspond with all inquires we can only assure you this is false. I, myself, answer emails and phone calls every single day. My reply to emails are somewhat tardy due to the heavy influx of emails sent to me and the company.
Lastly, we will not post an apology letter. As we have seen by the response to the Manufacturers letter this may seem too easily fraudulent or misconstrued. We will be filming an apology video, no chance to hide behind this, for our customers that have been marred by the back order situation.

As previously stated, I am well aware this will, undoubtedly, invoke a myriad of responses, but I am tired of reading assumptions and fallacies. Our level of transparency in the matter has far exceeded industry norms and standards, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Sincerely

Ares Armor
I gotta say that I am not surprised by this response and that it has been far over due. One would figure that after 2 or 3 pages of bashing that you all would have spoke up. But I guess that you all have much more patience than I do. As a person that works in business to business sales I know how frustrating it can be when you are getting bad stuff from your suppliers and I know that getting them to accept the mistake is even harder. I surely hope you all can get the rest of these people their parts soon and maybe we can turn this thread around a little.
Old 06-13-2013, 5:36 PM

Transparency?

My order was placed, and I was charged, which should mean my order was PROCESSED, just over a week later, in December. Is being charged not the same as being processed? Because I think you can streamline your operation by rolling those into one. People who ordered in January, whose orders would have to be processed after they placed their order, received their orders and I'm still waiting. What did you do, process their orders with a time machine?

I think you're filling the orders from whoever *****es the loudest while you pack your bags full of our money.

I sent a polite email in April. You've been replying to other people who emailed later than that. Having trouble processing that, too?
Old 06-13-2013, 5:40 PM
Veteran Member

what about the part where this company takes your money on day one and doesn't come through months later?

If I were you guys I'd jump ship or get some hip waders.
Old 06-13-2013, 5:55 PM

Location: Just a peckerwood living in the mountains with too many guns

The last update I read was on your facebook page on may1, saying you were EXPECTING a large shipment of lowers on may 8th that would fill all the orders. Here it is a month later, and not a peep...until now. COMMUNICATE! Maybe take 15min a week to post on your website and let people know EXACTLY whats going on. I bet that 1400 emails would dwindle substantially. Oh yeah...thanks for the update.
Old 06-13-2013, 6:16 PM

Quote:

Sincerely

Ares Armor
I haven't seen a response to my emails. I just tried again. Lets see how much truth there is to this statement.
Old 06-13-2013, 6:30 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

I PMed your other guy weeks ago after seeing this post. No response. His last activity was today.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=759158

I'm not talking about vet status. Just saying communication can be better especially if you charge someone right away.
Old 06-13-2013, 7:01 PM

fugov08,

Does the public apology and explanation relating to your subcontractor relate to the 80% lowers, the Rudius grips, or another product?
Old 06-13-2013, 7:15 PM

You don't need to say you're ex marines, people just know that you are, its easy to get to talking about our pasts, and you and many people served in a branch especially in this business. The respect you earned while serving is what I and everyone gave you, the respect you have begun to lose as a business is yours and yours only. It has nothing to do with being ex military. The fact that you were ex military is what has held the hounds back for this long. At least with the rockethub fund raising you know you're buying into a sketchy situation.

I hope a new page has turned and truthful communication can resume, it would ease so much stress on you guys if you just reached out instead of going into hiding once a month. You can't use the "were busy working so we don't do the online thing" you've proven facebook is a key element to your current communication agenda. An email with truthful information being sent out goes a long way...****, start a newsletter, update it weekly with simple things and mass email it. Get smart and quit acting like stereotypical jar heads. Wev'e already blindly gave you our money and respect, show your customers a little bit back.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Diskrete; 06-13-2013 at 7:22 PM..
Old 06-14-2013, 8:15 AM
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Quote:

Sincerely

Ares Armor
Well now I can flat out call you a liar. You answer phones and respond to emails. I'm angry as **** and that actually made me laugh.
Quote:
Old 06-14-2013, 9:33 AM

Deleted

Last edited by skark_burmer; 03-06-2014 at 9:29 AM..
Old 06-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskrete View Post
You don't need to say you're ex marines, people just know that you are...
I think it was a couple of Ares' supporters (shills?) saying things to the effect of "Don't worry, these guys were in the sandbox, they know what they're doing..."

Although how being in the 'sandbox' relates to knowing how to run a business, I have no idea.

"Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton
Old 06-14-2013, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skark_burmer View Post
I ordered mine the day before you and it is now 2 months later and i have no lowers and cannot get a response.
Nice.
Ha I saw this and figured you had got yours. Unbelievable. I admire Ares coming on here, but you gotta do more than say sorry we are having some issues, please hang in there.

How about explaining what you are trying to do for those who have been waiting six months. Ridiculous.
Old 06-14-2013, 4:59 PM

Quote:

Sincerely

Ares Armor
You know I don't care who you are...Marines, Astronauts, just a couple of regular joes. The fact remains that you are bad business men/women. You have been taking people's money for months for a product that you haven't been able to get delivered (apparently) since NOVEMBER!

I emailed and asked for a refund since you didn't hold up to your end of the deal and ship a lower by the latest date expected (earliest was April). I never heard back, yet you say you are responding to emails? Uh huh.

Your company has been about as transparent as Obama...hence why people are so pissed off. Ever think the reason you're getting so many emails is because you don't keep people aware of what's going on?

This is just another example of a company getting in WAY over their heads...anyone remember Jack Ross ammo?
Old 06-14-2013, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Http404 View Post
I haven't seen a response to my emails. I just tried again. Lets see how much truth there is to this statement.
Nothing so far. Probably too busy responding to emails.
Old 06-14-2013, 5:45 PM

Quote:

Sincerely

Ares Armor
So I've emailed twice this week; once before this post appeared and earlier today. It seems to me that emailing these guys is getting nowhere. Why can't they just start a thread for updates to our orders? Similar to what PSA has done? I think if they were to do that, it would be one step closer to transparency and we would all know that we are being acknowledged. I suppose the only problem with that is we would all get the same answer...waiting for stock.
Old 06-14-2013, 8:29 PM

Just BSin and trying to buy more time

Hey I just got the latest Facebook update a minute ago 10:06pm

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/SA-80BILLET-KIT

get them now before they are gone everybody

Last edited by WieDonE; 06-14-2013 at 9:07 PM..
Old 06-14-2013, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WieDonE View Post
Just BSin and trying to buy more time

Hey I just got the latest Facebook update a minute ago 10:06pm

http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/SA-80BILLET-KIT

get them now before they are gone everybody
That item is distinctly missing a live stock quantity, meaning they probably don't have it and never did. Feel free to give away your money to thieves.

I noticed that Ares is pruning negative comments on their Facebook page. If you had something you wished to stay up there, you probably have to put it back again. I put comments on older stuff that they didn't bother cleaning up.
Old 06-15-2013, 4:30 AM

I agree about how sucky it is. Whoever said that you can cancel your order...HA!... I tried and they refused and gave me some BS about, "You knew there was a wait"... I ordered mine in late Jan...Jan 19 or so...and I did know that it would be a couple of months...Okay, cool, 2-3 months..but it's been SIX MONTHS for GOD's SAKE....that's F'ing ridiculous... If I had the money back, I could have purchased 2 more lowers and have completely assembled an entire piece by now......AND I haven't heard anything from them since at least early April... I consider it like a loan to a friend/family...I'll probably never see that money again, and...IF i ever receive anything from them other than BS, I'll be surprised.
Old 06-15-2013, 4:45 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilSpecMonkey View Post
Date Ordered: 12/18/2012 0131 PM
Order Number: ORD1008895443
Received USPS tracking e-mail: 2/26/2013
Item ordered: "80 Percent AR-15 Lower Receiver Raw"
I received my 80% lower receiver in the mail about 1-2 days after the notification.

My friend (jh4db536)'s order
Ordered on: 12/19/2012 0856 PM
Order Number: ORD9322761048
He still has not received his "80 Percent AR-15 Lower Receiver Raw" from Ares Armor even though he ordered exactly one day after me and he has sent multiple e-mails and has not received any replies.

How can someone who orders a day after me still not receive their item? I guess my friend got the short end of the straw and maybe Ares Armor ran out of inventory when they received their initial shipment from Tactical Machining in Florida. Fortunately, the e-mails that I sent to Ares Armor were replied back to rather quickly.

After a month of ordering and no status update, I decided to e-mail Ares Armor where they told me they were backordered and would not receive a shipment till March at the earliest but maybe around May (Mar-May). I guess I was lucky that one day in Feb, I got a USPS tracking notice. After doing some research on calguns.net and online, I found out from that Ares Armor gets their 80% lower receivers from Tactical Machining in Florida. If Tactical Machining has no 80% lowers, then Ares Armor has no 80% lowers. Ares Armor lists the item on their website and does not say "no inventory available" or "backordered till May" which is probably why the OP feels upset.

I took my 80% Ares Armor lower receiver to Arms Specialty & Tool in Orange and they said my lower receiver was no bueno and told me to return it since even polishing or bead blasting would not fix the issues I mentioned above. Polishing would make the pitting and holes even larger. I will definitely ding them for not doing proper QC and sending me a bottom of the barrel lower receiver. They didn't manufacture the lower receiver since TM did, but they need to do a better job of QC.

I don't think starting threads on CGN will help you guys get your lower receivers any faster, but if you need to get a refund or get in contact with someone. These e-mails and number might help you guys out.
760-650-ARES (2737)
joey@aresarmor.com
jeremy@aresarmor.com
....and after reading this post and the post in this thread from Ares...I'm even MORE pissed...because back in January I was under the assumption that
A. Ares had a machine shop and was making the 80% lowers in house...which is obviously a lie.
B. That these were going to be high quality lowers, but if I'm waiting for 6 months for a third party supplier to send me a piece of crap lower...I'm going to be livid....I mean LIVID... Ares...just stop selling anything...you guys suck balls, can't deliver, don't know how to run a business and are just straight robbing people...It's nice that you tell people to wait just long enough that they can't dispute the charge.....F'ing crooks is my opinion...I don't care how many apologies you make at this point....I didn't pay $200 something dollars for a 6 months supply of apologies and excuses...frickin *** clowns
Old 06-15-2013, 9:20 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxx67 View Post
I agree about how sucky it is. Whoever said that you can cancel your order...HA!... I tried and they refused and gave me some BS about, "You knew there was a wait"... I ordered mine in late Jan...Jan 19 or so...and I did know that it would be a couple of months...Okay, cool, 2-3 months..but it's been SIX MONTHS for GOD's SAKE....that's F'ing ridiculous... If I had the money back, I could have purchased 2 more lowers and have completely assembled an entire piece by now......AND I haven't heard anything from them since at least early April... I consider it like a loan to a friend/family...I'll probably never see that money again, and...IF i ever receive anything from them other than BS, I'll be surprised.
Just dispute the charge with your credit card company. Mine gave me my money back plus the interest charge it had accumulated.
Old 06-17-2013, 7:54 PM

Default ARE YOU FRIGGING KIDDING ME????

I ordered and paid for 2 anodized lowers and a jig on Jan 2 2013.

Ares status keeps claiming "out of stock".

Today their website has lowers in stock with jigs, drills , screws etc for $200.

IN STOCK!!! What the hell????

I have emailed 3 times with ZERO reply, They do not answer their phone.

I'm calling the credit card tomorrow to see if I can still dispute the charge.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:36 AM

hahaha If you guys are pist off about your Ar-15 lowers think about the guys who ordered the ar-10s. They have to wait for all the Ar-15 lowers to come in and then they are sending out the Ar-10s. Mike from Ares told me on May 16th, 2013 that he would send me the Ar-15 I ordered that day and here it is June 18, 2013 and have received nothing. This clearly shows that your word doesn't mean S***.
Old 06-18-2013, 5:59 AM

On the bright side, I have been to a number of gun shows since placing my order with Ares and I have found numerous dealers selling 80% lowers at competitive prices with immediate availability.

I made the purchase and have completed my first AR.
Old 06-18-2013, 9:54 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Now I am pissed, ARES is telling my credit card they shipped it yet they are telling them they will give me a partial refunnd?

I cancelled my order April 1st, my credit card is saying they show ARES says they have a confirmation of delivery receipt of April 17th yet the tracking number for USPS doesn't work.

I'll be filing a suit if these scumbags try and keep my money.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 AM

Fugov bud, the honorable thing to do is to refund the money you charged, without delivering, to those who assumed your past service would mean an honest business. You charged people when they placed their orders and have been dicking them around since then. I had given advice to Dimetry earlier this year not to get too greedy and get your paws into many things. First make sure you can deliver on the products you sold - Rudius and your 80%s.

Blaming your supplier, economy or dog is not how businesses are run. Your reputation is in the crapper. Close this business of yours and start a new one from scratch.