Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:53 PM

I ordered 12/31 and 5/30 got a USPS tracking number and today my order showed up. I'm sure there are people that ordered before me that are still waiting. Maybe they are filling orders alphabetically. I'm happier to be done with them then I am about getting my order.
Old 06-02-2013, 1:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpsycho View Post
I ordered 12/31 and 5/30 got a USPS tracking number and today my order showed up. I'm sure there are people that ordered before me that are still waiting. Maybe they are filling orders alphabetically. I'm happier to be done with them then I am about getting my order.
Raw or ano?
Feinstein hasn't been this pissed since somebody dropped a house on her sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir13 View Post
I hope a thousand 7075 T6 blocks of alu 2" x 17" x 7" fall on that Legislaters d***!
Old 06-02-2013, 6:39 AM

Yeah, I frequently hear these jackasses commercials on the radio and it pisses me off. These guys are TOTAL SCUM. Military or not, they are scum.
Old 06-02-2013, 8:04 AM

Gotta love the " these are our brothers" comments, right? thank God for our veteran and active duty military. However, being a " brother in arms"( I didn't serve but those of you who did, jumped on the happy train pretty quick) hasn't helped any of us, we all gave them the benefit of doubt, several Times over and why? Mostly because they served as Marines, that deserves some credit and should speak volumes for who they are as people and business men. You can bet next time somebody uses the fact that they are ex marines to sell products or defend a product, its not going to hold as much weight in my decision making as it did before buying into a Rudius group buy. I'll never lose respect for our military, and I thank these guys for their previous service. The Ares co. And friends of ares, using the the ex-marine thing as part of the reason to sit tight for 6 months, Is about as legit as the guys buying commemorative military memorabilia on eBay and rocking it for the notoriety.

Grips????????? They'd be nice have...

Last edited by Diskrete; 06-02-2013 at 8:09 AM..
Old 06-02-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentMan View Post
Raw or ano?
Raw.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:12 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyincali View Post
Yeah, I frequently hear these jackasses commercials on the radio and it pisses me off. These guys are TOTAL SCUM. Military or not, they are scum.
Please don't forget to add that they are a black eye on the gun community and an embarrassment to the USMC. They continue to dishonor an honorable institution by exploiting the fact they are USMC veterans to gain public trust and then hide when it comes time to fulfill their obligations. Zero integrity.
Old 06-02-2013, 8:51 PM

My cousins good friend is going through the same crap. He said this place is a joke and highly recommends that NO ONE do business with ARES ARMOR
Old 06-03-2013, 9:04 PM

Yes, they are a TERRIBLE business.
Old 06-06-2013, 7:57 AM

So anyone get a shipping notice yet? Getting close to 6 month mark for me.
Old 06-06-2013, 8:04 AM
Veteran Member

Are they still a vendor here in Calguns? They should be pulled. They are bad for us as a group in all aspects.
Old 06-06-2013, 8:45 AM

^^^^^^^^^^ x 10000000
Old 06-06-2013, 8:55 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpsycho View Post
Raw.
Raw aluminum or coated with a finish paid the higher price for either one they could send
Old 06-06-2013, 8:56 AM
CGN Contributor

Still waiting getting close to 7 months out
Old 06-06-2013, 9:01 AM

Just call them and see what's up!!!!

Oh wait....they don't answer the phones.......

So just email them and see what's up!!!!!

Oh wait.....they don't answer emails......

So just message them on facebook and see what's up!!!!!!!

Oh wait.....I think you're starting to see where I'm going with this.
Old 06-06-2013, 9:07 AM
CGN Contributor

just giving up on them and ordered another before its to late.

Need to be done soon.
Old 06-06-2013, 9:12 AM

Only option is to go into the storefront and based on the overall stigma, that may not go to well.
Old 06-06-2013, 1:52 PM

I ordered 2 80's and a jig, Ordered on 11-27-12 yes 2012. I got the 80's in the mail January 2013, not bad. Now I'm looking for the jig. Sent email and got this back.....

Dear job,

You are receiving this email because you have an AR-15 Jig on backorder with us. I would like to give you a personal apology for the extreme delays that we have been experiencing with inventory coming in. We have set up the following options for you. As well as a discount that only select customers have access to.

1) We have a different product that can ship this week if you authorize us to switch your order. It is a Single Use Jig meant only for low quantities. If you are cutting between 1-4 lowers, this jig will be more than adequate for the job. If you choose to switch to the Single Use Jig we will be more than happy to include a FREE EFFIN-A Compensator in 5.56 to make it up to you. We sell these Compensators for $99.95. If you want to switch and receive a free Effin-A Compensator simply respond to this email with: your order number, name, and that you would like to take advantage of this offer! If you would like to preview the product that you would be switching to it can be found at: http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/USE80percentar15jig

2) I also have good news for those of you who do not want to switch. We are producing a new version of the AR-15 Jig will have a steel top plate and enhanced instructions engraved right on to it! Once the new one is out we will be raising the price from $125 to $150. Since you have already placed an order with us you will get the new edition at no additional charge. There is still a bit of a wait though. It could take up to 2 months for us to get all of these orders out. This is dependent upon how many people switch so it is impossible to forecast exactly right now. If you would like to wait for the better product you do not need to do anything. We will handle it for you!

3) Because you are already one of our customers and you had to wait this long for your jig, I would like to offer you an exclusive discount on the new Auto Pistol Light from INFORCE. The MSRP on these lights is $150 dollars. These lights are IN STOCK. They will ship in 1-2 business days. At checkout use the discount code "WAITINGREWARD" all caps with no quotation marks you and you will receive a $55 dollar discount! The APL can be found at http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/inforceAPLight. If you want to take advantage of this offer you do not need to respond to this email, simply order the product online and enter the discount code at checkout. Please do not post this coupon code online as this is intended to be only for our current customers. The code will expire on June 1st 2013 at 12:01 AM.

Again you have my sincerest apologies for not only the delay in delivery but also for our lack of communication. It is inexcusable. Please understand that we are working as hard as we can to fix these issues as fast as humanly possible.

If you have an 80% Lower on order with us we are expecting to have enough in this month to cover all orders. Please understand though that all we can do is regurgitate information that our suppliers give to us. We were supposed to receive a very large order on the 8th of May that we are still waiting on. So it is possible that there may be additional delays for lowers. However we believe that if there are additional delays they should be slight.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. We appreciate your business and your incredible patience as we have been trying to get all these orders out.

Sincerely,

Dimitri Karras

jigswitch@aresarmor.com
Old 06-06-2013, 3:13 PM

ha ha, but wait theres more......

We know we suck at delivering orders, wanna buy some more stuff.

Guess there is a sucker born every minute
Old 06-06-2013, 3:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by job View Post
I ordered 2 80's and a jig, Ordered on 11-27-12 yes 2012. I got the 80's in the mail January 2013, not bad. Now I'm looking for the jig. Sent email and got this back.....

Dear job,

You are receiving this email because you have an AR-15 Jig on backorder with us. I would like to give you a personal apology for the extreme delays that we have been experiencing with inventory coming in. We have set up the following options for you. As well as a discount that only select customers have access to.

1) We have a different product that can ship this week if you authorize us to switch your order. It is a Single Use Jig meant only for low quantities. If you are cutting between 1-4 lowers, this jig will be more than adequate for the job. If you choose to switch to the Single Use Jig we will be more than happy to include a FREE EFFIN-A Compensator in 5.56 to make it up to you. We sell these Compensators for $99.95. If you want to switch and receive a free Effin-A Compensator simply respond to this email with: your order number, name, and that you would like to take advantage of this offer! If you would like to preview the product that you would be switching to it can be found at: http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/USE80percentar15jig

2) I also have good news for those of you who do not want to switch. We are producing a new version of the AR-15 Jig will have a steel top plate and enhanced instructions engraved right on to it! Once the new one is out we will be raising the price from $125 to $150. Since you have already placed an order with us you will get the new edition at no additional charge. There is still a bit of a wait though. It could take up to 2 months for us to get all of these orders out. This is dependent upon how many people switch so it is impossible to forecast exactly right now. If you would like to wait for the better product you do not need to do anything. We will handle it for you!

3) Because you are already one of our customers and you had to wait this long for your jig, I would like to offer you an exclusive discount on the new Auto Pistol Light from INFORCE. The MSRP on these lights is $150 dollars. These lights are IN STOCK. They will ship in 1-2 business days. At checkout use the discount code "WAITINGREWARD" all caps with no quotation marks you and you will receive a $55 dollar discount! The APL can be found at http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/inforceAPLight. If you want to take advantage of this offer you do not need to respond to this email, simply order the product online and enter the discount code at checkout. Please do not post this coupon code online as this is intended to be only for our current customers. The code will expire on June 1st 2013 at 12:01 AM.

Again you have my sincerest apologies for not only the delay in delivery but also for our lack of communication. It is inexcusable. Please understand that we are working as hard as we can to fix these issues as fast as humanly possible.

If you have an 80% Lower on order with us we are expecting to have enough in this month to cover all orders. Please understand though that all we can do is regurgitate information that our suppliers give to us. We were supposed to receive a very large order on the 8th of May that we are still waiting on. So it is possible that there may be additional delays for lowers. However we believe that if there are additional delays they should be slight.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. We appreciate your business and your incredible patience as we have been trying to get all these orders out.

Sincerely,

Dimitri Karras

jigswitch@aresarmor.com
I hate these guys so much.
Quote:
I hope a thousand 7075 T6 blocks of alu 2" x 17" x 7" fall on that Legislaters d***!
Old 06-06-2013, 3:59 PM

me too ...

Someone here in San Diego with an interest in this (actually bought something that was not delivered), ought to present this to the local DA to see if something criminal can be prosecuted.
This sure seems criminal, and at the very least very unethical ...

Maybe turn it over to the Turko Files on channel 9 news. He is a huge consumer advocate in the press down here.
Old 06-06-2013, 4:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloChicken View Post
me too ...

Someone here in San Diego with an interest in this (actually bought something that was not delivered), ought to present this to the local DA to see if something criminal can be prosecuted.
This sure seems criminal, and at the very least very unethical ...

Maybe turn it over to the Turko Files on channel 9 news. He is a huge consumer advocate in the press down here.
We don't need any more media coverage concerning 80% builds in regards to Ares.

Thanks,
Gun owners.
Old 06-06-2013, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4D View Post
We don't need any more media coverage concerning 80% builds in regards to Ares.

Thanks,
Gun owners.
Maybe not, but they need to be taken to task, whatever way it comes.

Maybe a dark back alley somewhere ...
Old 06-07-2013, 6:26 AM

I just want my jig...... Dimitri Karras
Old 06-07-2013, 9:29 AM

I don't want to wage war with you guys, cause I know there is a lot of frustration built up here. But at least there is some communication going on, which is a start. If there was more communication like this I don't think we would have any issues.

Thanks for the post of the e-mail. Any info is better than no info
Old 06-07-2013, 9:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Made View Post
I don't want to wage war with you guys, cause I know there is a lot of frustration built up here. But at least there is some communication going on, which is a start. If there was more communication like this I don't think we would have any issues.

You call that communication? a dozen apologies, a product switcharoo to a lesser part and a sales pitch?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:36 AM

Adding insult to injury.

First the unexplained and undelivered backorders, then the bait-n-switch. And finally the ballsy cross-sell when they cant deliver on the original order.

BAD business...
Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Made View Post

It's nice they replied to one dude who then posted it here. I haven't recieved any replies to my emails.
Quote:
Old 06-08-2013, 8:42 AM
CGN Contributor

Just noticed Ares Armor is having a Kydex Holster launch. Custom made wonder how many months to get one.

They have special emails and phone numbers for the press to get more info. on the kydex launch page.
Old 06-08-2013, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredgeman View Post
Just noticed Ares Armor is having a Kydex Holster launch. Custom made wonder how many months to get one.

They have special emails and phone numbers for the press to get more info. on the kydex launch page.
No, its in stock...another great product brought to you by the investment fund known as calguns/ Rudius group buys.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-08-2013, 9:43 PM

i am glad to say that i received my order of 1 anodized lower a lower parts kit and buffer tube/spring/buffer. I ordered it all back in march. upon receipt I took a close look at all the parts and they look great. can't wait to get the lower on the machine and to get building.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskrete View Post
Gotta love the " these are our brothers" comments, right? thank God for our veteran and active duty military. However, being a " brother in arms"( I didn't serve but those of you who did, jumped on the happy train pretty quick) hasn't helped any of us, we all gave them the benefit of doubt, several Times over and why? Mostly because they served as Marines, that deserves some credit and should speak volumes for who they are as people and business men. You can bet next time somebody uses the fact that they are ex marines to sell products or defend a product, its not going to hold as much weight in my decision making as it did before buying into a Rudius group buy. I'll never lose respect for our military, and I thank these guys for their previous service. The Ares co. And friends of ares, using the the ex-marine thing as part of the reason to sit tight for 6 months, Is about as legit as the guys buying commemorative military memorabilia on eBay and rocking it for the notoriety.

Grips????????? They'd be nice have...
Kinda upsets me they are hiding behind the fact that they are vets...why the **** does that matter? If anything it's worse because they have no ****ing integrity
Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnrmars View Post
i am glad to say that i received my order of 1 anodized lower a lower parts kit and buffer tube/spring/buffer. I ordered it all back in march. upon receipt I took a close look at all the parts and they look great. can't wait to get the lower on the machine and to get building.
march 2013? wth

Still waiting on dec 2012 order. Glad to see you got yours.

sheesh
Old 06-09-2013, 5:32 PM

orderd mine in mid December received them on Friday after calling and *****ing
Old 06-09-2013, 6:03 PM

Great! I ordered 2 forgings end of Dec.. hopefully will see them soon
Old 06-10-2013, 7:17 AM

Quote:
march 2013? wth

Still waiting on dec 2012 order. Glad to see you got yours.

sheesh
yes march 2013. I did "pester" them just about every other week with requests for info via email from mid may on. I never did get a shipping confirmation it just showed up on friday out of the blue. now to save up the money for the upper I want to get. which is gonna run me close to 950 with sights from rog tactical.
Old 06-10-2013, 7:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnrmars View Post
yes march 2013. I did "pester" them just about every other week with requests for info via email from mid may on. I never did get a shipping confirmation it just showed up on friday out of the blue. now to save up the money for the upper I want to get. which is gonna run me close to 950 with sights from rog tactical.
I could care less if you ****ing pestered them everyday. I ordered mine 01/02/2013. I want my ****ing order. I hope these pieces of **** go out of business.
Quote:
Old 06-10-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentMan View Post
I could care less if you ****ing pestered them everyday. I ordered mine 01/02/2013. I want my ****ing order. I hope these pieces of **** go out of business.
I'm right there with you. I'm tired of waiting, Mike sent an email to me in early May stating that they would have 20,000 lowers coming in that would fill all orders. Obviously that hasn't happened and I told him to either refund me, ship the order or I am calling my CC.
Old 06-10-2013, 7:01 PM

I ordered 3 raw lowers on 12/21, sent a polite email on 4/26 acknowledging the high demand and asking for an ETA. I've been vocal on the arfcom thread about Ares but this group seems to have come to the right conclusion a lot earlier.

I honestly can't decide if I want to cancel my order and wait to be ignored through all of that, or keep waiting. I don't feel like sending an email a day just to get their attention and get my order filled, because obviously they're only filling orders of people who get really obnoxious with them. Let me be clear, though: for those who've gone that route, good for you.

Tonight I filed with IC3 as people from many states have placed orders with Ares and I figured going with my NJ Department of Consumer Affairs (Consumer Affairs Commission, actually, apparently we have to be unique) seems like it won't really catch the scope of this fraud.

If anyone else decides to file a complaint, be sure to point to Ares' Facebook page where customers are being pretty blunt about how they feel.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Old 06-10-2013, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgecrowbar View Post
I ordered 3 raw lowers on 12/21, sent a polite email on 4/26 acknowledging the high demand and asking for an ETA. I've been vocal on the arfcom thread about Ares but this group seems to have come to the right conclusion a lot earlier.

I honestly can't decide if I want to cancel my order and wait to be ignored through all of that, or keep waiting. I don't feel like sending an email a day just to get their attention and get my order filled, because obviously they're only filling orders of people who get really obnoxious with them. Let me be clear, though: for those who've gone that route, good for you.

Tonight I filed with IC3 as people from many states have placed orders with Ares and I figured going with my NJ Department of Consumer Affairs (Consumer Affairs Commission, actually, apparently we have to be unique) seems like it won't really catch the scope of this fraud.

If anyone else decides to file a complaint, be sure to point to Ares' Facebook page where customers are being pretty blunt about how they feel.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

This has got to be one of the best first posts I have ever seen!

Well done!

Now, everybody that has been messed by these guys, go to this website and get something done about these fools.
Old 06-10-2013, 7:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Jesus, really?! After personally dealing with a holster maker who got waaaay in over their heads, wherein a 6 week wait turned into an 11 month wait and seeing the same thing happen to several other holster makers, WTF is Ares Armor thinking?!

Nobody should even think about buying a holster from them!

"Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton