Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #521  
Old 09-28-2013, 1:58 PM
bssybeep bssybeep is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 463
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk742 View Post
Just picked up a marauder .22. I haven't had an airgun since I was 16. I have been looking at pcps for a couple years and pyramyd had pretty good sale going on so I pulled the trigger.

It's quiet, quieter than I expected, you can't even hear the shot over all the hammer and spring noise, which is a little irritating. I didn't get any pics but at 25 yds I was shooting one hole 5 shot groups with h&n dome 5.52's and it was the only pellet I have tried so far.

Anyways just wanted to say hello and that I have drunk the kool-aid and its fricking delicious!

John
If you don't mind which package did you end up buying (premium?) and how much was it on sale for? thanks
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 10-29-2013, 5:57 AM
dk94044's Avatar
dk94044 dk94044 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 458
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Pyramydair.com has a halloween special 10% off plus free shipping over $150. I am thinking of picking up the RWS 34P with the 06 Trigger.
the code is scarey-2013 expires 11/1. You can also use the code "nutnfancy" for 10% off, but not sure of free shipping.
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 10-29-2013, 7:57 AM
stretch2's Avatar
stretch2 stretch2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 173
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

There's also "pyramyd-NRA". Been thinking about getting an air rifle. Like the idea of no legal hassles and cheap/available ammo. But accurate air rifles ain't cheap. The RWS 34 is a classic. I'm considering that as well as some others.
__________________
“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” - Benjamin Franklin
"What one man can do, another can do." - Anthony Hopkins in "The Edge"
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:31 AM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,187
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I am getting one of those Benjamin Trail NP single shot .22 piston guns. It looks like a decent gun for the $
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:39 AM
krwada's Avatar
krwada krwada is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,459
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I may purchase a pneumatic firearm. However, I will NEVER switch to one.

Currently, in Europe, they ALL thought the pneumatics were safe about a decade ago. The politicians are now in overdrive taking these away.

These things are already zero-tolerance illegal in Japan. They have also banned almost all edged weapons in Japan. Some martial arts forms are also zero-tolerance banned in Japan too .... American-style Kenpo being one of them.
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 11-01-2013, 3:48 PM
Darth_Finger's Avatar
Darth_Finger Darth_Finger is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 62
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Looking at maybe getting an AR style air gun. What would be a good option?
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 11-05-2013, 7:36 PM
rambutan316's Avatar
rambutan316 rambutan316 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 706
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Looks like I need to buy an airgun
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 11-08-2013, 9:35 AM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,187
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I just got my Trail NP .22 and unboxed it last night. I was almost shocked at how nice it is. It is also very heavy in a good way @ about 8.5 pounds. Solid synthetic stock, solid heavy barrel. The trigger is decent, could be better. The built in pic rail is awesome and SOLID. Butt pad is even nice. Nicely built gun that feels like it has more in common with a Remington 700P than a Crosman 1077 (if that makes sense).

I didn't have a high opinion of Centerpoint scopes, but the 3-9x40 AO that is included is clear, has nice hash marked reticle which will probably come in handy, bright and well made on first impression. Nice enough to leave on there to see how long it lasts. Recoil is light with the piston, so maybe it'll be fine. The included rings are the right height and pretty nice for gimme rings - on par with UTG's. The rail space is plenty to adjust the scope to the eye relief you need for head position you prefer, and the stock cheek riser height seems right on.

Per reviews I have seen I will wear in the piston a bit and clean the barrel before expecting super accuracy. I have 1000 Crosman hp domes to start out with. I will grab some Crosman RN domes soon.

I love the simplicity of just grabbing a tin of pellets and going... no magazines or CO2, or air tanks, pumps, etc...

Last edited by crufflers; 11-08-2013 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:12 AM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,187
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsipper View Post
Just came back to the page after remembering my password. Got busy flying model airplanes. I had only dry fired my Disco and MRod in the garage and at the airfield but haven't taken it back to the firing range.
How do you like that Steel Force?

I have the Steel Storm and I love it - though it is out of commission till I replace the o-rings in the Mag. I have tons of them, but haven't gotten around to it.
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:59 AM
donw's Avatar
donw donw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: between temecula and palm springs
Posts: 1,691
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

i've been into airguns since circa 1989...next one will be a 9mm, 45 or 50 cal PCP. right now i have springers, gas/np rams and PCP up to 25 cal and shoot them almost daily.

the support apparatus for the PCP can be quite expensive and involved if you want to get deeply into them.
__________________
NRA life member, US Army Veteran

i am a legend in my own mind...

we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

"The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 PM
donw's Avatar
donw donw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: between temecula and palm springs
Posts: 1,691
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
I just got my Trail NP .22 and unboxed it last night. I was almost shocked at how nice it is. It is also very heavy in a good way @ about 8.5 pounds. Solid synthetic stock, solid heavy barrel. The trigger is decent, could be better. The built in pic rail is awesome and SOLID. Butt pad is even nice. Nicely built gun that feels like it has more in common with a Remington 700P than a Crosman 1077 (if that makes sense).

I didn't have a high opinion of Centerpoint scopes, but the 3-9x40 AO that is included is clear, has nice hash marked reticle which will probably come in handy, bright and well made on first impression. Nice enough to leave on there to see how long it lasts. Recoil is light with the piston, so maybe it'll be fine. The included rings are the right height and pretty nice for gimme rings - on par with UTG's. The rail space is plenty to adjust the scope to the eye relief you need for head position you prefer, and the stock cheek riser height seems right on.

Per reviews I have seen I will wear in the piston a bit and clean the barrel before expecting super accuracy. I have 1000 Crosman hp domes to start out with. I will grab some Crosman RN domes soon.

I love the simplicity of just grabbing a tin of pellets and going... no magazines or CO2, or air tanks, pumps, etc...
i have this rifle, too...go to yellowforum.com to find the 'mods' to do to it; cheap and easily accomplished. you may also email me if you wish...i've don e the mods and will be happy to share info with you.

the rifle can be accurate, to the extreme if it is shot properly, and has the trigger changed.
__________________
NRA life member, US Army Veteran

i am a legend in my own mind...

we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

"The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 11-08-2013, 3:31 PM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,187
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco45 View Post
If you want a real good pellet pistol, you should take a look at the Crosman 357! There's no blowback, but I've had mine since 2011 and it still works just as good as when I first took it out the bubble pack. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosma...n_Revolver/201
If you have Amazon Prime, you can get it in 2 days, minus the shipping cost at http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-3576-S...ds=crosman+357
You get about 60 shots total / CO2 and the it's claimed velocity is 430 FPS, but I would imagine it's closer to 410 in reality. I haven't chronographed it though, so I can't tell you exact numbers, but it is a great pellet pistol for the money!
I agree that Crosman 357 is great for the money, and accurate with Crosman pellets. I like the Premier wadcutters in mine. I have the old classic model with the square bottom grips and the new model with the ergo grips.
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 11-08-2013, 3:34 PM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,187
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donw View Post
i have this rifle, too...go to yellowforum.com to find the 'mods' to do to it; cheap and easily accomplished. you may also email me if you wish...i've don e the mods and will be happy to share info with you.

the rifle can be accurate, to the extreme if it is shot properly, and has the trigger changed.
I will check out the forum. What parts did you use in the trigger mod?

I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and reviews already. I am going to shoot it a bit first, but will either do a trigger mod or install the Charlie Tuna trigger - whichever one fits my trigger style - still need to disassemble it and check.

Last edited by crufflers; 11-08-2013 at 3:39 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 11-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Loco45's Avatar
Loco45 Loco45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 443
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Crufflers, Yes, the Crosman 357 is a great gun. You also asked about the Steel Force, well I love it! It's more accurate than the Steel Storm and is a bit more fun to shoot. I say if you like the Steel Storm, get the Steel Force too!

Here's a little video review I made for the Umarex Legends Parabellum Pistole P.08, CO2 powered .177 cal Steel BB gun. It's a beautiful gun, a lot cheaper to shoot than a .22LR and definitely worth the money...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw2Lq0bCObI
__________________
Airgun and firearm enthusiast.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 11-14-2013, 2:46 PM
vincewarde vincewarde is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I bought a Gamo Whisper several years ago. Set up a 10 Meter range at home. Practicing with this air rifle helped me get my Rifleman Badge.

However, it certainly did not replace any of my Rimfire Rifles....
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 11-14-2013, 4:51 PM
acourvil's Avatar
acourvil acourvil is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 408
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

The ones that might replace your rimfires are a bit more expensive than the gamo mass production stuff
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 11-14-2013, 4:53 PM
BroncoBob's Avatar
BroncoBob BroncoBob is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 5,967
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Use my air rifle for the fricken pigeons that make a mess around our house.
__________________

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 11-14-2013, 5:14 PM
mark501w's Avatar
mark501w mark501w is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Rivercity
Posts: 1,678
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I have found that the BLAP from my .22 rws got the neighbors looking around .
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 11-24-2013, 3:27 PM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,187
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
Use my air rifle for the fricken pigeons that make a mess around our house.
Hell yes. When they set up shop on one side of the house, my Crosman 357 comes out. Small, powerful enough and quiet. Dead-on with wadcutters.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 11-24-2013, 3:34 PM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,187
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

These are 15 yard groups from my Trail NP .22 break-in... I am about 100 rounds in and have cleaned it a few times with a bore-snake. Groups continue to tighten up. I am using Crosman HP. I am ordering some Round Nose to see if those are more consistent. So far it seems as advertised for break in.









Reply With Quote
  #541  
Old 11-24-2013, 4:59 PM
G21Shooter's Avatar
G21Shooter G21Shooter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 3,546
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I bought a few airguns a while back, a Benjamin Marauder pistol, Beeman Hw97 and RWS 350 magnum along with Beeman P11 and P1 pistols.

In my opinion shooting airguns is not a substitute for shooting real firearms, just not anywhere near as fun. They end up sitting in the closet.

Shooting .22 lr is 10x more enjoyable for me.
Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 11-24-2013, 5:04 PM
BroncoBob's Avatar
BroncoBob BroncoBob is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 5,967
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
These are 15 yard groups from my Trail NP .22 break-in... I am about 100 rounds in and have cleaned it a few times with a bore-snake. Groups continue to tighten up. I am using Crosman HP. I am ordering some Round Nose to see if those are more consistent. So far it seems as advertised for break in.









Darn nice shooting!
__________________

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 11-24-2013, 5:14 PM
donw's Avatar
donw donw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: between temecula and palm springs
Posts: 1,691
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
I will check out the forum. What parts did you use in the trigger mod?

I watched a bunch of YouTube videos and reviews already. I am going to shoot it a bit first, but will either do a trigger mod or install the Charlie Tuna trigger - whichever one fits my trigger style - still need to disassemble it and check.
i did the CDT trigger...
__________________
NRA life member, US Army Veteran

i am a legend in my own mind...

we are told not to judge muslims by what a few do...yet, the NRA membership and firearms owners are ALL considered as radical...

"The second amendment ain't about your deer rifle..."
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 11-24-2013, 5:19 PM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,187
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
Darn nice shooting!
Thank you. It is my first break-barrel.

It is hard for me to get used to upsetting my shooting position each shot to cock and load the next round... and then get settled back to the the same cheek weld, etc...

I think I'd like it better in the field off-hand all the time, rather than prone.

I do love the rifle though. Just learning curve.
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 11-24-2013, 5:35 PM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,187
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21Shooter View Post
I bought a few airguns a while back, a Benjamin Marauder pistol, Beeman Hw97 and RWS 350 magnum along with Beeman P11 and P1 pistols.

In my opinion shooting airguns is not a substitute for shooting real firearms, just not anywhere near as fun. They end up sitting in the closet.

Shooting .22 lr is 10x more enjoyable for me.
I agree. Even .22 LR ballistics is hard to replicate in a Pellet gun... but you cannot shoot rimfire or centerfire in the house or backyard. My 15 yard "range" is indoors.

I probaby learned more trigger control from .22 LR, but cheap, rough, heavy as sin triggers on airguns helped a lot too. Control the shots on an AUTO AIR II or 1077 and you can control anything.
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 11-24-2013, 6:15 PM
BroncoBob's Avatar
BroncoBob BroncoBob is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 5,967
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

I shoot my compound bow in my backyard......
__________________

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 11-28-2013, 12:17 AM
bako88fan's Avatar
bako88fan bako88fan is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 1,583
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

We shoot cans with our red ryders in the backyard. I still can't figure out why my youngest is still interested in air soft guns and BB guns when he has a whole safe full of hunting rifles, 22 rifles and pistols and ARs to shoot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP911 View Post
sweet jesus, the subject matter experts are 97!
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 11-29-2013, 8:08 PM
4NDone0331's Avatar
4NDone0331 4NDone0331 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SoCal -Inland Empire
Posts: 138
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I have gotten 3 since the shortage. first I got a .22 benjamin titan but it wasnt accurate enough and I wanted something that hit a little harder for taking out pests. Next I got a .22 Air Arms S510, which is a really great gun and lastly i got a .25 Hatsan BT65 which isnt quite as nice as the Air Arms but it is nicer than the Benjamin's and it hits hard... at least for an airgun. The last two are PCP's and are both quite accurate. I have made headshots on ground squirrels at 100+ yards with both the PCP's. I havent really tested them at the range but based on their performance in the field I would feel confident saying that they shoot MOA or better. At least when shooting in the sweet spot of their fill.
__________________
For those who have fought for freedom...Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
USMC Infantry 06-10 OIFx2 Combat Vet
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 11-30-2013, 1:31 AM
Vee3's Avatar
Vee3 Vee3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 185
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I like airguns...















__________________
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 11-30-2013, 1:42 AM
Vee3's Avatar
Vee3 Vee3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 185
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

And more airguns...

















__________________
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old 11-30-2013, 2:00 AM
Vee3's Avatar
Vee3 Vee3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 185
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

And a few more...



















Those are about the only ones I have pics handy for...
__________________
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 11-30-2013, 2:24 AM
redcliff's Avatar
redcliff redcliff is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Shasta County
Posts: 5,171
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
And more airguns...






Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
And a few more...





Those are about the only ones I have pics handy for...
Slow down there son, you need to tell us more about a couple of these!

That electric motor, spade gripped one is pretty wild!

And what is the co2 military rifle looking one?
__________________
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
"What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
"An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 11-30-2013, 7:57 AM
coy80176's Avatar
coy80176 coy80176 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Palookaville, Californication
Posts: 1,570
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Thumbs up My other "AR"

Air Rifle that is



Warmed up with this 15 year old Winchester break barrel at ~70 yards and was very pleased to hit the bullseyes. I tried a few different pellet brands, and think the Beemans are the best groups/consistency.

Lots of fun for < $100 for the rilfe and at < $0.01 per round Now I want to spend a couple more bucks on a better scope...

Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 11-30-2013, 9:48 PM
Vee3's Avatar
Vee3 Vee3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 185
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
Slow down there son, you need to tell us more about a couple of these!

That electric motor, spade gripped one is pretty wild!

And what is the co2 military rifle looking one?
The one with the motor is a Palmer WWII anti-aircraft training gun. Wasn't mine; I restored it for a friend and brokered a deal to sell it for him. It went to Jon Jenkins, a local airgun collector. Here are some better pics of it that Jon took...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...BB+Machine+Gun

Looks like someone put up a Wiki page on it using one of my pics. Info there is all wrong. It fires standard 177 BBs, not "ball bearings." It does not use a "solenoid," it has a clutch that engages between the motor and firing mechanism. It is not "powered by compressed air.....at 180-200 psi," the electric motor drives a piston. The velocity is not "between 500 and 600 fps," it's more like 300-350...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmer_BB_Machine_Gun

The other pic you quoted from my post is an Anschutz Hakim trainer. It's a 22 cal underlever spring-piston rifle.

The one with the Co2 poking out of the stock is a Crosman 160 I customized with an 03A3 butplate & rear sight, HW 22 barrel and M1 carbine front sight.
__________________
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 11-30-2013, 10:00 PM
redcliff's Avatar
redcliff redcliff is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Shasta County
Posts: 5,171
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
The one with the motor is a Palmer WWII anti-aircraft training gun. Wasn't mine; I restored it for a friend and brokered a deal to sell it for him. It went to Jon Jenkins, a local airgun collector. Here are some better pics of it that Jon took...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...BB+Machine+Gun

Looks like someone put up a Wiki page on it using one of my pics. Info there is all wrong. It fires standard 177 BBs, not "ball bearings." It does not use a "solenoid," it has a clutch that engages between the motor and firing mechanism. It is not "powered by compressed air.....at 180-200 psi," the electric motor drives a piston. The velocity is not "between 500 and 600 fps," it's more like 300-350...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmer_BB_Machine_Gun

The other pic you quoted from my post is an Anschutz Hakim trainer. It's a 22 cal underlever spring-piston rifle.

The one with the Co2 poking out of the stock is a Crosman 160 I customized with an 03A3 butplate & rear sight, HW 22 barrel and M1 carbine front sight.
Thank you very much for the additional information!
__________________
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
"What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
"An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 12-12-2013, 6:16 PM
Loco45's Avatar
Loco45 Loco45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 443
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default


Where did you get the M1 Carbine? I'm thinking about getting the Winchester Model M14 to use as a substitute trainer for my M1
__________________
Airgun and firearm enthusiast.
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 01-08-2014, 3:48 PM
Loco45's Avatar
Loco45 Loco45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 443
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Here's a new video from today!
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kypcs...ature=youtu.be
__________________
Airgun and firearm enthusiast.

Last edited by Loco45; 01-08-2014 at 3:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 01-08-2014, 8:40 PM
Eric Mayer's Avatar
Eric Mayer Eric Mayer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 901
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I just completed an article with another airgun buddy of mine (Tofazfou) on the FX Boss in .30 Caliber.

Here's a link to the article.

Here's the video (**Contains Graphic Material**):



Eric
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 01-08-2014, 9:04 PM
MUKAK's Avatar
MUKAK MUKAK is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Irvine
Posts: 3,711
iTrader: 129 / 100%
Default

this is calguns not calairguns

haha
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Loco45's Avatar
Loco45 Loco45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 443
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Airguns are guns and range from the smallest .177 cal all the way up to .50 cal,
small game and big game hunting rifles, target shooters and plinkers and they're good for training, getting lots of trigger time and not breaking the bank while doing it...

.45 cal airgun shooting through cement block
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlxcFSq5k8c
__________________
Airgun and firearm enthusiast.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:23 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.