Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 03-20-2013, 9:53 PM
Default Options for dealing with a CROOK with an FFL?

Long story short...

I sent a USPS M/O to an FFL holder with a store in another state for a pistol. After getting the run around for the past couple of weeks I started doing some research on this guy and come to find out he's had all sorts of issues and is all over the net for ripping people off.

I called the local PD in his area and they said they couldn't do anything as this is a civil matter and not a criminal one and to take him to small claims. Do I have any other options?

Thanks for your time
Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Can you do anything about the money order like stop payment or have it declined?

That sucks. I am sorry to hear about the BS you are going through. Call the DOJ and "out" the FFL. Probably won't do anything but it may actually help.
Canik Stingray C Chrome
GP100 6" stainless
Vepr x54r with 23" Barrel
12 gauge O/U with 34" ported barrels & removable Chokes
BT-99 with 34" ported barrel, adjustable comb, removable chokes

Need some AR500 targets? Free $10 credit.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:51 PM

might check with the post office as well...the whole "interstate mail fraud" angle..

Report - If you suspect fraud, call the U.S. Postal Inspection Service at 877-876-2455 (Follow the prompts).
Old 03-21-2013, 8:47 AM
Calguns Addict

If you sent the money order USPS, then you need to file a USPS mail fraud complaint. This is the reason to send money by USPS as you have additional protection. You might also have some protection since you used a USPS money order, so you need to check on that as well.

You also need to push the police since this is not just a civil claim, it is criminal fraud. You can not take him to small claims court since he lives in another state.

I don't know that the BATF can do anything, but you might want to contact them just to let them know.

Also, as said, you need to out the person so that others know what is going on.
FFL Transfer/Special Order Dealer since 1993.
Net-FFL list maintainer.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein