Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 03-13-2013, 5:08 PM

Default San Jose build party

Ladies and Gentlemen this week we will only be hosting a build party to complete your 80% AR-15 lower on Sat. 16, & Sunday 3/17. Thank you to everyone who attended this last week, we hope that you had a great time. If anyone has some pictures of their completed builds please post them for us to see. we have extended the hrs for next thurs. so we will get a couple more in.

We do not sell 80% lowers at the build you must bring in your own 80% lower to complete you can buy and get to you quick at www.80receiver.com . Any brand/style of 80% we can do But always say 80receivers is the best, but we can not do the "old style" 0%, 30% or 60% lowers.if you have one you want done must be at private part as they take forever to complete wear nice shoes u will be standing at CNC for like 1 1/2 or so lol

Hello fellow Calgunners, want to let everyone know that 80receiver.com will be hosting a build parties for you to finish your AR-15 80% lower receivers. The price is $75 per lower. There have been numerous lowers cut on the machine and all have come out flawless. Please email me at clint080808@yahoo.com and I will update the post to show your time slot as reserved.

Each lower will take around 10 minutes to cut so the reservations are set in 15 min. slots. Ex. if you have 3 lowers to finish you will need a 45 min time slot. Please make sure to show up at least 15 minutes early for your reserved slot.

Who may attend: Any person who may legally possess a CA-Legal AR15 can build their own. You must not be a "prohibited person", must be 21 or older, and both a US Citizen and CA resident. Builders may bring a +1 with them as long as they are 21 or older and also not a "prohibited person". +1's may not assist with the machining of the 80%/ in ANY way.
Last but not least there has been some talk about pricing on website, so we have decided that we will test a new price and see if this what happens. If this incresses sales we will keep if not then will probably go back up. I want everyone to know we are not trying to make moneyat all. In fact we we will loose money, it is what it is. 80s will get voted down in july and be baned bye Jan 1. myself and my 2 partners went into this knowing that, we are just trying to loose as little as possable..thats it.. If that means selling at 250 or 200 or whatever we will do this. If we can sale for less because of volum is there that is what we will do. This is something we need your help with, any suggestions you have we want to hear.

We can't do the 80s from DIY

Thanks

Clint
www.80receiver.com
Info@80receiver.com
clint080808@yahoo.com

[url]www.80receiver.com
www.majoroddball.com
clint@80receiver.com

Last edited by Lovetobuild; 03-13-2013 at 6:27 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 5:13 PM

PLease let us know when your CNC machine can handle the Quentin Defense AR10/308 paperweight.
Old 03-13-2013, 8:42 PM

I will
clint@80receiver.com
Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 PM

You said you can't do 80%'s from DIY? Do you mean DIYArmory? If so, why not?
Old 03-22-2013, 1:12 AM

Default DIY

To be frank they are incomplete. They did not drill hole for buffer pin or grip screw.
clint@80receiver.com

Last edited by Lovetobuild; 03-25-2013 at 9:37 AM..
Old 03-22-2013, 2:30 PM

For the 23rd, have you sent out the info yet?
Old 03-24-2013, 1:23 AM

Default Thanks guys

Thank you
Well we had a pretty great build today, lots of great people lot of builds
Had a few that did not work out but those are mostly the ones we all know about
And we had 2 from a new company that had lots of problems and could not complete but for the most part it was easy going.
I know it's a small place but I sure do thank you all for moving through fast and not jamming up the office.
What to hold a parts build for anyone that has not done it before, please let me know if this is something you want to happen and don't worrie u can't really offend me so feel free to tell me NOT
We will post new build Monday and I will keep checking post to answer any questions
clint@80receiver.com
Old 03-25-2013, 9:07 AM

Default DIY

So I got a phone call from DIY saying that those that have come in and said they have there stuff are lying to me. That they have not delivered any 80s to market so if this is true and those where not DIY then I really need to know who's they where as I don't want to charge someone for renal if they can not complete.
Any who knows what those 4 80s are please let me know and if this guy was just lying to me, we'll just forget I wrote this and same rules apply lol
Thanks
clint@80receiver.com
Old 03-25-2013, 9:37 PM

Default Next build

Current date: Sat 30th from 8am to noon. Iíll update this post as more dates are available.

We do not sell 80% lowers at the build you must bring in your own 80% lower to complete you can buy and get to you quick at Any brand/style of 80% we can do But always say 80receivers is the best, but we can not do the "old style" 0%, 30% or 60% lowers.if you have one you want done must be at private part as they take forever to complete wear nice shoes u will be standing at CNC for like 1 1/2 or so lol

Hello fellow Calgunners, want to let everyone know that www.80receiver.com will be hosting a build parties for you to finish your AR-15 80% lower receivers. The price is $75 per lower. There have been numerous lowers cut on the machine and all have come out flawless and satisfaction is guaranteed. Please post what time slot you would like in the thread and follow it with an email clint080808@yahoo.com to me and I will update the post to show your time slot as reserved.

Each lower will take around 10 minutes to cut so the reservations are set in 20 minute slots. Ex. if you have 3 lowers to finish you will need a full one hour time slot. Please make sure to show up at least 15 minutes early for your reserved slot.

Who may attend: Any person who may legally possess a CA-Legal AR15 can build their own. You must not be a "prohibited person", must be 21 or older, and both a US Citizen and CA resident. Builders may bring a +1 with them as long as they are 21 or older and also not a "prohibited person". +1's may not assist with the machining of the 80%/ in ANY way.
clint@80receiver.com
Old 03-28-2013, 7:17 AM

PM Sent.
Old 03-28-2013, 8:39 PM

Default 30th build

All who have a time for the build should have received an email from me
If you have not please email me at clint080808@yahoo.com
Thanks
And anyone who wants to go on wait list for filling re schedules please email me as we'll at same
clint@80receiver.com
Old 03-29-2013, 1:02 AM

Sending an email. I would like in.
Old 03-29-2013, 6:35 PM

Just had an opening for 8 AM tomorrow if anybody wants email
clint@80receiver.com
Old 03-31-2013, 6:41 PM

well run, thanks Clint!
Old 04-01-2013, 7:36 AM

Current date: Sat April 6th
This will be held from 9am to 5pm

We do not sell 80% lowers at the build you must bring in your own 80% lower to complete you can buy and get to you quick at www.80receiver.com Any brand/style of 80% we can do But always say 80receivers is the best, but we can not do the "old style" 0%, 30% or 60% lowers.if you have one you want done must be at private part as they take forever to complete wear nice shoes u will be standing at CNC for like 1 1/2 or so lol
If you want to buy in San Jose we do sell 80s up too thurs. at noon just email me.

Hello fellow Calgunners, want to let everyone know that www.80receiver.com will be hosting a build parties for you to finish your AR-15 80% lower receivers. The price is $75 per lower. There have been numerous lowers cut on the machine and all have come out flawless and satisfaction is guaranteed. Please post what time slot you would like in the thread and follow it with an email clint080808@yahoo.com to me and I will update the post to show your time slot as reserved.

Each lower will take around 10 minutes to cut so the reservations are set in 20 minute slots. Ex. if you have 3 lowers to finish you will need a full one hour time slot. Please make sure to show up at least 15 minutes early for your reserved slot.

Please be aware that DIY 80s can not be finished at builds also Rouge 80s are 50 50, some ok some not.
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-03-2013, 8:10 AM

Default Appointment still available

We are full for all morning appointments we still have appointments available from noon to 330 if interested email me at Clint080808@yahoo.com
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 AM

Default Buying 80s

If anyone wishes to purchase 80s This is the last day we will be selling on before the bill to get in contact with me today if you wish to purchase 1-650-537-6737
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-04-2013, 2:23 AM

Default Few left

We have just a hand full of appointments left.
1pm 230pm and 4pm spots
Email me if you want to take one
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-04-2013, 5:44 PM

Default Appointments

We room for about 10 units left all afternoon appointments
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-06-2013, 9:10 PM

Very professional and my 80% lower came out flawless!! Couldn't ask for cooler guys to let me use their equipment. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks again Clint

Ken P.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:38 PM

Default Don't know what to say

Thank you
For all your kind words, we r glad u had a good time and look forward to seeing you all in the weeks coming.
To answer some questions.
The anodizing is drop off and pick up, and is for all who bought 80receivers from us. One of the things I try not to do is offer them pre-anodized as it should be done after all cutting is done. I pick up a couple of pieces Monday and if good will release date for drop off. If you have bought one from us u will receive email and can take at that time, if you have ones that u bought somewhere else you can drop off with ours as well. However if you did not buy from us then you will not get email as we send out to our customers as a group. If that is the case the deal we worked out only counts for ours, but I am trying to include anyone who has done build through us as well. I will know about that on Monday as well. The price will be around. 10.00 per unit if all goes well.
Next party is wens. And will start at 8 we are now taking appointment.
Other question is AR10 well this is tuff, on the build side we r making jigs and should be able to do collfax and TM soon but the jigs we be set for ours witch I hope to release in 2 weeks. So that being said who wants to be a Ginny pig for us? We need to test fit some so if you have bad ones or don't mind getting one possibly wrecked the email me.
And next is the pink AR, dude I married so put the pink on and be glad if you don't have to sight it in for her with all the boys around but if you do call me I want pics
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-07-2013, 7:22 AM

Default Build

Current date: Wens. 10th
This will be held from 7am to 3pm

We do not sell 80% lowers at the build you must bring in your own 80% lower to complete you can buy and get to you quick at www.80receiver.com Any brand/style of 80% we can do But always say 80receivers is the best, but we can not do the "old style" 0%, 30% or 60% lowers.if you have one you want done must be at private part as they take forever to complete wear nice shoes u will be standing at CNC for like 1 1/2 or so lol
If you want to buy in San Jose we do sell 80s up too thurs. at noon just email me.

Please be aware that DIY 80s can not be finished at builds also Rouge 80s are 50 50, some ok some not.
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-07-2013, 8:38 AM

My friends and I went to the build party yesterday and John, Clint and company were very cool and professional. Providing us with printouts of what's legal, what's not and other FAQs. Then we got our instructions on how to use the jig and CNC machines (you have to be a true idiot if you f*** this up). After about 10 mins it's not a paperweight anymore. They have an upper for you to dry fit and make sure everything fits and also that the hammer, trigger and safety pins are drilled to the right size. Ours came out flawlessly.

John/Clint, when's the anodizing party and where would you suggest I go for custom engraving? Thanks for everything!

-JT
Old 04-07-2013, 8:57 AM

Default Tanner's

Tanner's is the only place I take mine too
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-08-2013, 7:38 PM

Anodizing
Well good news all looks like we're going to do some anodizing. So pricing little bit more than I wanted but he's throwing in some other types of finishes on the receivers that you guys will get discounts to choose from.
So the first one is probably to be set up for next Tuesday Wednesday it's going to depend on how many I have drop off but we're going to make a date for everyone to drop off any receivers that they want to get anodized, Now once announced the drop off will have that whole day for you guys to make it down sometime during the day to drop off. And it'll be ready the next day or maybe the following day and will set the whole day for going to pick those receivers that they dropped off up. The charge is going to be $20 now we're going to have to come up with the system so every time you bye baby receiver product you're going to get some sort of chip or coupon or something you can turn into them that will signify that you're turning over one of our products to get the special price. Working on to get a little bit better pricing for everyone else but for people who are not buying them from a receiver is sort of stuck at the $60 Mark. You will have lots of choices of colors on designs were even coming out with a Wa****ay three new PDU colors him that the receivers can go when it will actually feel like your cell phone material over it You know that kind of rubber.... So everything is worked out prices are set him now there are some products worries we're still working on pricing on but for the most part were getting all that set as well it should be standard 20 Boxal cover the sandblast smoothing will cover the different finishes of different colors. So should be on Monday when I announce the first drop off date him that will be followed by a either I meet you get out there or something Dorgan have to give everyone with 80 receivers that are done a some sort to get her couponer chip whatever we decide to use it signifies that you're coming in there with one of ours and getting the special rate
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-08-2013, 9:03 PM

This is awesome Clint! Thanks! I had a great time this past weekend getting my lower milled and you, John and crew made things easy and fun. Can't wait to get this thing finished up! Thanks again!
Old 04-08-2013, 9:21 PM

Thanks for making this happen! Sending you more business!
Old 04-09-2013, 7:19 AM

Default Thanks

Thanks guys
I am dropping off a few 80 to get the new coating on them and will put on website by Friday wait till you see this.
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-09-2013, 9:25 AM

Hi Clint,
I've got some other raw lowers and uppers I'd like to get annodized and don't mind paying full price for firearm friendly services here in the South Bay Area. Can you let me know who can do the work?
Thanks,
Greg
Old 04-09-2013, 11:28 AM

Are there going to be any build parties in April or May?
Old 04-09-2013, 3:32 PM

Any builds after this Wednesday?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:54 PM

Default Questions

Anodizer I go see Arnold email me and I will send u address
Future parties ? Really don't know we only make plans 1 week at a time. With all the new bills being voted on here in CA we try not too plan out more then a week on anything 80 related.
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-09-2013, 11:13 PM

Do you have any openings tomorrow? Or should i say, later today.
Old 04-10-2013, 2:50 PM

Finished my lower today, the milling process went smoother and faster then i thought.
Great guys to deal with, i wouldnt go anywhere else to have this done.
Thanks again.
Old 04-15-2013, 9:23 PM

Default New build

Current date: Sat April 20th
This will be held from 8am to 4pm

Please be aware that DIY 80s can not be finished at builds also Rouge 80s are 50 50, some ok some not also the new one with the large block around mag well will not fit into jig think that one is 80 arms or something like that " sorry was gone and the person who told me about it did not get name"
Anodizing party is set for next Friday the 26th, sorry for delay but we had to make some chips to hand out so you guys that bought from us will get the 20.00 deal.
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-15-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetobuild View Post
Current date: Sat April 20th

Please be aware that DIY 80s can not be finished at builds also Rouge 80s are 50 50, some ok some not also the new one with the large block around mag well will not fit into jig think that one is 80 arms or something like that " sorry was gone and the person who told me about it did not get name"
Anodizing party is set for next Friday the 26th, sorry for delay but we had to make some chips to hand out so you guys that bought from us will get the 20.00 deal.
Hi Clint,

I was wondering why you couldn't do DIY 80%ers. I could understand that the extra work can not be completed there, but if they were completed to 80% first, before bringing them in, then I don't see what the problem is.

If the DIY lowers were completed to 80%, then they would be pretty much be the same as Colfax Tactical's 80%, which also have the rear take down pocket milled out enough to test fit upper receivers as well.

I speak from experience with the Colfax Tactical lowers. That's the forgings I used to put most of my AR's together.

DIY's lowers are Ceros forged lowers. So they should fit the any fixture that is set up to do Mil. Spec lowers just fine.

Again, as a person who owns a pair of DIY lowers, If I were to take them to a shop and work on the FCP to complete it, I would bring it to 80% first. There are reasons for this.

I can't think of any other reason off the top of my head. So I'm curious as to why I couldn't complete the FCP with your fixtures and tools.

Thank you

Quote:
Isn't it funny how the little things seem to come back to bite ya in the @$$!!!
Quote:
Okay... No matter how you color it, "NO" means "NO!". So what part of "NO" didn't you understand???

Last edited by rdunaway62; 04-15-2013 at 10:07 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 PM

Default No DIY

We don't do those. They can not be completed and you are left with what the law calls a lower that u can not use. So My preference is that we just don't get involved with them.
clint@80receiver.com
Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetobuild View Post
We don't do those. They can not be completed and you are left with what the law calls a lower that u can not use. So My preference is that we just don't get involved with them.
I kind of figured it was a legal issue. I wasn't sure. Again, curious.

Quote:
Isn't it funny how the little things seem to come back to bite ya in the @$$!!!
Quote:
Okay... No matter how you color it, "NO" means "NO!". So what part of "NO" didn't you understand???
Old 04-16-2013, 1:26 PM

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to drop a note to say what a great bunch of guys Clint and John are. This past weekend i took my son up to the Reno gun show and stumbled upon their booth. They explained all about there operation how they are doing everything from the machining, to the options of engraving and anodizing. They have a wealth of information. I was contemplating on buying a A2 upper that was in the booth next to them and they took the time to take the upper and look it over, compare it to the uppers they had on display and even check how it fit against their lower. Mind you I haven't purchased anything from them and they spent all this time with me. I must say their lowers are very nice. Needless to say I will be purchasing all of my lowers from them and using their services.
Again guys thanks for all the help and as soon as i finish my engraving design I will be using your services.

Top notch people

John G
Beretta 92FS
Wildey Survivor 45 Win Mag
S&W 586 357 Mag
Mosin 91/30 1939 Tula
Russian SKS 1950 Tula
Old 04-20-2013, 11:21 AM

Yep, Nice group of guys. I finish my paperweight and it was perfect. Now I can't wait for anodizing party. Great service!