Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-23-2013, 1:10 PM

This will be my only post.

I am the nephew that was politely turned away with polite explanation from Ade's on a recent PPT request. I bear no ill will toward Ade's who remains a local dealer with a fantastic reputation for customer service.

Let's get a few things straight. A PPT is nothing more than a kindness performed by an FFL. Performing a PPT costs a private business time and resources compensated for by neither the government nor the customers. Ten bucks. Does not cover the cost of doing the job. And who are we to tell a private business what type of business they are required to perform-- at a loss? The majority of this thread sound like the cranky bear that just got their Cheetos revoked. I would suggest that before the angry mob here tars-and-feathers a great little business, that they rethink their positions. Because at the rate we're going, sooner than later, the Gov will be making you all work for free as well.

LMTluvr: You either are, or you are not. Ade's is not.

jben: No need to scream. You have not been inconvenienced. And neither was I. Army/Navy was 2 minutes away.

russt, bohoki, canopis: Shame on you for advocating the "turning in of" a great local business!

Grumpyoldretiredcop: You've never owned a business. Your ignorance is profound.

Ade's: you rock.

Respect goes both ways. If a business does not offer the services you need, respectfully go somewhere else. But don't badmouth them for not giving you free stuff. That's what liberals do.
Old 02-23-2013, 1:16 PM
Veteran Member

Cal-Guns: you seem to be ignoring the fact their performing a PPT is a legal requirement, not a courtesy. It is a cost of doing business, plain and simple.
Old 02-23-2013, 1:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
Cal-Guns: you seem to be ignoring the fact their performing a PPT is a legal requirement, not a courtesy. It is a cost of doing business, plain and simple.
Yep, it is a legal obligation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_electron View Post
PE card? LOL! Any green kid out of engineering school can get that with a few years of experience.
Old 02-23-2013, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeusa View Post

So yeah, report them, throw them under the bus, foul over a decent gun shop.

I think the long term history is more important than a short term issue. Not saying that they should refuse PPT's, but maybe given this crazy time, there are reasons.

if they dont do ppt's they are not a decent gun shop, they are criminals who should be put out of business, plain and simple.. if i break the law i risk my dros being denied, they freely admit to breaking the law and as such have no place in the firearms business
Old 02-23-2013, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Guns View Post
This will be my only post.

I am the nephew that was politely turned away with polite explanation from Ade's on a recent PPT request. I bear no ill will toward Ade's who remains a local dealer with a fantastic reputation for customer service.

Let's get a few things straight. A PPT is nothing more than a kindness performed by an FFL. Performing a PPT costs a private business time and resources compensated for by neither the government nor the customers. Ten bucks. Does not cover the cost of doing the job. And who are we to tell a private business what type of business they are required to perform-- at a loss? The majority of this thread sound like the cranky bear that just got their Cheetos revoked. I would suggest that before the angry mob here tars-and-feathers a great little business, that they rethink their positions. Because at the rate we're going, sooner than later, the Gov will be making you all work for free as well.

LMTluvr: You either are, or you are not. Ade's is not.

jben: No need to scream. You have not been inconvenienced. And neither was I. Army/Navy was 2 minutes away.

russt, bohoki, canopis: Shame on you for advocating the "turning in of" a great local business!

Grumpyoldretiredcop: You've never owned a business. Your ignorance is profound.

Ade's: you rock.

Respect goes both ways. If a business does not offer the services you need, respectfully go somewhere else. But don't badmouth them for not giving you free stuff. That's what liberals do.

I Call BS on this. Everyone has the right to express their view.
Old 02-23-2013, 2:55 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Yes, doing a PPT is a money losing proposition for a gun business. That said, when you get your license(s) it is made perfectly clear what the rules are. I don't like doing PPTs because I lose money on them but it is all a part of owning the license(s) and I will do them regardless of what my personal opinion of them is. The whole idea of refusing them because of a backlog of paperwork is assinine to me. Every FFL is backlogged on paperwork during this time. Report them to CaDoJ?...a choice only the involved people can make.

TinStarSupply@aol.com

The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it
Old 02-23-2013, 3:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzernie View Post
Yes, doing a PPT is a money losing proposition for a gun business. That said, when you get your license(s) it is made perfectly clear what the rules are. I don't like doing PPTs because I lose money on them but it is all a part of owning the license(s) and I will do them regardless of what my personal opinion of them is. The whole idea of refusing them because of a backlog of paperwork is assinine to me. Every FFL is backlogged on paperwork during this time. Report them to CaDoJ?...a choice only the involved people can make.
You just earned a bookmark and bump to the top of the list in my "Firearms Dealers" favorites. I look forward to doing business with you in the future!

As for Ade's: the best thing that can happen at this point is someone authorized to do so (the owner?) shows up, makes one post explaining his employee was misinformed and has been speaking out of turn. He/she should also probably confirm PPTs are welcome and will be handled in order as customers arrive. They don't want or need this conversation coming back on them, someday.
Old 02-23-2013, 3:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by russt View Post
Law says the have to do them. Report them!
The law also says that the private parties must submit the PPT request in writing...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...13&postcount=8

...if a signed, written request wasn't presented, it would appear that the store could say no.

-- Michael
Old 02-23-2013, 3:24 PM
Veteran Member

http://www.glennsrodngun.com/

What about these guys?? they are a vendor on here... Has anyone checked them out yet?
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 02-23-2013, 3:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzernie View Post
Before someone's feewings get hurt,maybe some rational consideration of the problem is in order.

One of the serious drawbacks posed by the possibility of FFL processed private sales is that there aren't enough FFLs to satisfy the demand for that kind of service.If nationwide P2P BG checks become law, there's no way my local FFL has the time to handle P2P sales on top of the normal store traffic.The nearest brick and mortar FFL is an hour away.

From my perch,I can see that this bottleneck is already the case in CA to some extent.Which of course is a problem that troubles the antis not one bit.

Just because the law mandates that a dealer process the PPts doesn't mean they have the physical ability to do so.The bad guys aren't the FFLs having to choose with limited time and manpower how to run their businesses.The bad guys are the turds who made it a government matter to sell your own property.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 02-23-2013, 4:00 PM

Went there a couple of weeks ago to do a PPT.Owner standing around stuffing an Burger down her piehole and said they were to busy.No one else in store except two employes and myself and buyer.Will never go back there.
Old 02-23-2013, 4:16 PM

Hey (California44) since when did trying to make a profit become a crime?
Can you please explain yourself?I guess to don't like getting a raise at work either.
Old 02-23-2013, 4:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If they refuse, don't call DOJ, report it to your local City or District Attorney, they are the ones that would be filing charges.
Print this up and bring it with you.
http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pd...obuls/0101.pdf

Attachment 207863

Code of Regulations
Attachment 207877

12082 PC
(a)A person shall complete any sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm through a person licensed pursuant to Section 12071 in accordance with this section in order to comply with subdivision (d) of Section 12072. The seller or transferor or the person loaning the firearm shall deliver the firearm to the dealer who shall retain possession of that firearm. The dealer shall then deliver the firearm to the purchaser or transferee or the person being loaned the firearm, if it is not prohibited, in accordance with subdivision (c) of Section 12072. If the dealer cannot legally deliver the firearm to the purchaser or transferee or the person being loaned the firearm, the dealer shall forthwith, without waiting for the conclusion of the waiting period described in Sections 12071 and 12072, return the firearm to the transferor or seller or the person loaning the firearm. The dealer shall not return the firearm to the seller or transferor or the person loaning the firearm when to do so would constitute a violation of subdivision (a) of Section 12072. If the dealer cannot legally return the firearm to the transferor or seller or the person loaning the firearm, then the dealer shall forthwith deliver the firearm to the sheriff of the county or the chief of police or other head of a municipal police department of any city or city and county who shall then dispose of the firearm in the manner provided by Sections 12028 and 12032. The purchaser or transferee or person being loaned the firearm may be required by the dealer to pay a fee not to exceed ten dollars ($10) per firearm, and no other fee may be charged by the dealer for a sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm conducted pursuant to this section, except for the applicable fees that may be charged pursuant to Sections 12076, 12076.5, and 12088.9 and forwarded to the Department of Justice, and the fees set forth in Section 12805. Nothing in these provisions shall prevent a dealer from charging a smaller fee. The dealer may not charge any additional fees.

(b)The Attorney General shall adopt regulations under this section to do all of the following:

(1)Allow the seller or transferor or the person loaning the firearm, and the purchaser or transferee or the person being loaned the firearm, to complete a sale, loan, or transfer through a dealer, and to allow those persons and the dealer to comply with the requirements of this section and Sections 12071, 12072, 12076, and 12077 and to preserve the confidentiality of those records.

(2)Where a personal handgun importer is selling or transferring a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person to comply with clause (ii) of subparagraph (A) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (f) of Section 12072, to allow a personal handgun importer's ownership of the pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person being sold or transferred to be recorded in a manner that if the firearm is returned to that personal handgun importer because the sale or transfer cannot be completed, the Department of Justice will have sufficient information about that personal handgun importer so that a record of his or her ownership can be maintained in the registry provided by subdivision (c) of Section 11106.

(3)Ensure that the register or record of electronic transfer shall state the name and address of the seller or transferor of the firearm or the person loaning the firearm and whether or not the person is a personal handgun importer in addition to any other information required by Section 12077.

(c)Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a dealer who does not sell, transfer, or keep an inventory of handguns is not required to process private party transfers of handguns.

(d)A violation of this section by a dealer is a misdemeanor.

Ignorance can be educated.
Crazy can be medicated.
But there is no cure for stupid.

Police Brutality? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 12-28-2014 at 1:58 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 4:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Guns View Post
Let's get a few things straight. A PPT is nothing more than a kindness performed by an FFL..
B.S. Doing a PPT is a legal requirement and refusal to do them is a crime.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to make up your own facts.

Crazy can be medicated.

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-23-2013, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
B.S. Doing a PPT is a legal requirement and refusal to do them is a crime.
You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to make up your own facts.
looks like you're back to being angry again.

and I thought you were gonna get your FFL01 and do these transfers for us?
Old 02-23-2013, 4:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA View Post
looks like you're back to being angry again.

and I thought you were gonna get your FFL01 and do these transfers for us?
Who's angry? I'm just posting the existing law and who to report violations to.
Your the one that seems to have a problem with the law. When are you going to run for office and get it changed?

Crazy can be medicated.

NRA Benefactor Member