Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-23-2013, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMartin1776 View Post
This is great but people we have a problem. The big three gun makers are not on board but worst off of the now 35-40 companies taking a stand as I understand it none of them are ammunition manufacturers!

All these companies hold more power than they realize in this debate but the ammo makers hold the keys to the entire thing.

We need the ammo makers to get on board asap.

Guns in the hands of govt or people are useless without the ammo!!

We need to take this fight fire with fire attitude to a new level and Fight Fire With "Nukes"
^^^THIS is how our sport, hobby, passion will cease to exist. They can ban, grandfather in, require registration, or whatever, but if the food these things are fed are outlawed, the rest is moot.
Old 02-23-2013, 8:51 AM

Yesterday CBS Radio had news on the boycott so this issue is getting media time.
Old 02-23-2013, 8:57 AM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I am loving this. I will support, as much as I can, the businesses that support the Constitution over profits.
Old 02-23-2013, 9:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Awesome; aren't they a basic supplier to many lower producers?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro Pistolero View Post
I almost think that it's better that it isn't coming from the NRA. This push-back is organic and authentic, and I'd like to see it stay that way. One great aspect of this effort is that it clearly shows that gun manufacturers, contrary to the popular dialogue, are not bloodthirsty, greed-mongers who will do or say anything to make a sale. This is a principaled position that puts its money where its mouth is.
I completely agree with the above. The NRA, even to people like me, muddies the issue. If someone who absolutely loves their firearms, the culture, the technical and scientific aspects of it all as much as I do would hesitate because of the NRA involvement, it has no chance.

Just my two cents.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:19 AM
I need a LIFE!!

good it's time to make LE feel the pain we have when it comes to the bans we serfs have to abide by. maybe if rank and file yell at the COC they will stop supporting the crappy legislation that is making the rounds around the country.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Calguns Addict

THANK YOU CMMG!!!

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 02-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

they all need to do this!

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

Old 02-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm117 View Post
Most companies that are publicly traded will probably say FU.
This would be foolish. They need to join in the boycott of states. Their days are numbered otherwise. To not commit, they will guarantee their own demise. More and more restrictive laws will take THEIR guns from the hands of the public, which means they'd lose 3/4 of their sales. They ensure their own doom by abandoning civilians.

In addition, liberal states are divesting their investments in the gun industry like Calpers just announced. So they get the double whammy by not joining. Their investors are pissed at them and they stand to lose 3/4 of their business through appeasement. That's not a very smart business strategy. You always choose to grow the business, not shrink it.

If they knew what was good for their ultimate survival, they'd all join the law enforcement boycott. Or they will find they are a shadow of themselves in the future - if they exist at all.

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!” - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't believe ammo manufacturers should join. Because states haven't restricted ammunition yet (that I'm aware of). So ammo manufacturers have no stake in the game right now. They could show solidarity in support, but no actual restrictions........YET.

Now for the proposed CA hollow point ban, they could issue an ominous warning to the state that hollow point sales to law enforcement would be banned if such a law was passed.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 PM

It is too bad these 34 companies (give or take one or two) could not come together to advertise together and to maybe form their own ammo company with public support. Just an idea that proably is not practical. Could sites like calguns refuse to advertise gun companies who chose government contracts over the public whe it comes to the public and not the military? There has to be more ways for us to put real pressure on these companies and ammo companies to come around to our side and preserve our rights.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mif_slim View Post
We need the big guys to do this too... dont think glock will jump ina since their not US based. Dont know if SW jumped in either...
No companies that have LE contracts are going to do this.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 02-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

I have to wounder how this will be practiced. A lot of this companies sell to whole sellers that then sell to LGS.
Old 02-23-2013, 4:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTXR390 View Post
I've heard, from Knesek guns, that HK is trying to stop sales to civilian...if true, this is unfortunate, cuz i'm an HK fan. Hope this isn't true. been looking for the HK45CT for ages...
No one I know is running down to the store and buying a HK so thats no big deal. Military contracts is how this company makes money.
Old 02-25-2013, 8:16 AM

HK doesn't even take care of their LE customers very well, and "delegates" a lot of parts/support to specific dealers. Having been to SHOT show with a dealer, he asked at the HK booth about a part for the 416, and the HK rep said go talk to dealer XXX. HK only really cares about military sales, because those are the least restricted by Germany.
Old 02-25-2013, 8:20 AM

If nothing else, buy a can of tactical bacon.
Old 02-25-2013, 9:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerTexan View Post
HK doesn't even take care of their LE customers very well, and "delegates" a lot of parts/support to specific dealers. Having been to SHOT show with a dealer, he asked at the HK booth about a part for the 416, and the HK rep said go talk to dealer XXX. HK only really cares about military sales, because those are the least restricted by Germany.
HK has a reputation for being anti-rights which doesn't match the historical record.
Ironic, since HK was the only company which sounded the alarm about ATF's sporting rifle definitions back in the early 1990s. As to why they don't sell their long arms in America anymore, the answer is clear when you consider that most of HKs product lineup in the 80s was banned outright by legislative decree.

As far as big companies participating in the boycott, its not gonna happen. Not because of their loyalty to LE or the risk of lost LE business , but for contract reasons. Companies which agree to sell a good to a customer can't just pull the plug on a whim without facing penalties. If Smith and Wesson, Glock, and Sig all joined the boycott they could be facing litigation.

They'd join the movement only for the have the anti's get the last laugh as they hit S&W and Glock with millions in contract liability suits.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 02-25-2013, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm117 View Post
about an hour ago on the FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/CMMGInc
J and G sales did the same thing. They said they will comply with new laws but this means that LEOs and soldiers will not be able to get 'hi-capacity assault clip things' or scary black rifles. they will be subject to the same rules as us peons.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:00 AM

Good to see Spike's Tactical on there. I love my Spike's AR-15. I wanted to build another, but their stripped lowers are going for $350-400. Ouch! Anyhow, good job CMMG. 73 businesses and manufacturers on the list as of right now. All of this will be largely ineffective if we don't get the big boys on board though.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 AM

Cougar Merlin Maverick Goose!

Matthew Jackson Miller: 8-6-07 to 10-15-07
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 AM

Concerning the big, publicly traded companies doing the same statements, it's possible. But not by the gun community threatening them with a boycott. That's simply dividing our forces. IMO, it's best to use a carrot rather than a stick. I wrote a letter to Olympic Arms to thank them for their stance and I mentioned that I would now seriously consider purchasing their products in the future over other larger brands. This week, I'm writing letters to S&W, SA, Remington, Ruger, Sig and Glock to encourage them to do the same, and if they do, that I would give them preferential consideration in my future purchases. I also reminded them it would put political pressure on politicians to dissuade them from passing more gun ban laws, giving the public more opportunities to purchase their products unhindered. Even though they're publicly traded, a ton of letters like this would give their boards evidence that taking a stance would be in their best long term financial interest.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
As far as big companies participating in the boycott, its not gonna happen. .....because of .......contract reasons.
Strategy my friend, strategy. This is a false premiss IMO. It is true that they cannot (or will not) breach their current contracts. But, if push comes to shove, they could be pressured into making a statement that would be just as good, i.e. :

"From this point forward, it is our intention to honor all existing contracts. However, there is currently a push to deprive all law abiding citizens their 2nd Amendment rights as Spelled out in our Constitution and affirmed by the Supreme Court. Until this has ended and rights restored, our company will not engage in business with any governmental entity, for any product within any State, County, or Municipality, that does not recognize their own citizens rights to own and/or purchase those same products."

They need to be put on the spot and made to commit either way.

IMO, this would be a smart move for many of them. All we need is one major manufacturer to break ranks and commit. The rest will fall in line shortly afterwards.
I am humbled at the efforts of so many Patriots on this and other forums, CGN, CGF, SAF, NRA, CRPF, MDS etc. etc. I am lucky to be living in an era of a new awakening of the American Spirit; One that embraces it's Constitutional History, and it's Founding Fathers vision, especially in an age of such uncertainty that we are now in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
Go cheap you will always have cheap and if you sell, it will sell for even cheaper. Buy the best you can every time.
^^^ Wise Man. Take his advice