Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-22-2013, 8:58 AM
Guns, Jeeps and Drones
CGN Contributor

Default Can only shoot 150/300 yards from camp site?

We like to camp/shoot at Steele Peak (in the back area) and off of Hodge road (to the left). We have done it numerous times and have even had BLM officers talk to us while doing it at SP. I was looking over some maps looking for some other BLM spots and I read that in all places in SB and RC that you cannot shoot within 150/300 yards from a campsite. Does this mean permanent campsites that are open to the public and/or temporary campsites setup for a night or two?

Thanks in advance!

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin 1818

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington 1790
Old 02-22-2013, 9:49 AM
Veteran Member

Be a nice guy and shoot 300 yards from anybody. Guys used to go 25 yards from the campground and bang away, pissed off all the non-gunners in the campground.
Old 02-22-2013, 9:53 AM
Guns, Jeeps and Drones
CGN Contributor

When we camp, we are the only people around. I do no think they the rule is there because of the noise.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin 1818

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington 1790
Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

I'm thinking this applies to the public campsites available, not the ones where you just camp wherever, but to be courteous I would stay away from a nearby campsite if there was someone there

Old 02-22-2013, 10:19 AM

Public campsites.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Guns, Jeeps and Drones
CGN Contributor

That's what I thought was the case.

Thanks John!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
Public campsites.