Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 12-22-2010, 6:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Hunt South Africa for cheap - $1950

Now is a good time to try Africa for plains game. I saw this on AccurateReloading.com and am just passing it along. I have no experience with this safari company but if they are advertising this on AR.com they are not going to risk screwing anyone because of the international exposure that they would get. Do a little research on the company for your own protection.

Add $2,000 for airfare, a couple hundred for tips and you're on the experience of your life.

The following package is for beginner / first time hunters.This hunt will be conducted on 2 farms, but travel time is under 30min. Hunters will be stationed on 1 farm only.

5 Hunting Days, trophy fees for:
• 1 x Blue Wildebeest bull
• 1 x Impala ram
• 1 x Blesbuck ram
• 1 x Warthog

Price: $1 450

• Included:

Pickup and return to local International airport for an additional $500, ground transportation, lodging, meals and drinks (Soft drinks and Bottled water only), laundry (Except Sundays), transportation of trophies to the taxidermy, skinning / salting of trophies, service of tracker/skinner and a licensed Professional Hunter.

• Excluded:

Airfare, dip/pack cost, shipment costs of trophies to country of hunter, taxidermy cost, gratuity, bar account (beer, brandy, whisky, rum, bourbon etc. – will be available but for the clients account, Accommodation before and after the safari, items of a personal nature.

Patrick Reynecke
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

One rifle, one planet - Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

Last edited by Fjold; 12-22-2010 at 4:02 PM..
Old 12-22-2010, 6:58 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

So if I am reading this correct, the trophy fee for these animals is included, all for $1,450.00?

1 x Blue Wildebeest bull
• 1 x Impala ram
• 1 x Blesbuck ram
• 1 x Warthog
‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
--James Madison
'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792
Old 12-22-2010, 9:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotnMore View Post
So if I am reading this correct, the trophy fee for these animals is included, all for $1,450.00?

1 x Blue Wildebeest bull
• 1 x Impala ram
• 1 x Blesbuck ram
• 1 x Warthog
Yep, total cost including trophy fees, day fees, etc. If you plan to bring the raw trophies home for taxidermy you will have to pay the dip and pack fees as well as shipping.

Last edited by Fjold; 12-22-2010 at 3:58 PM..
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 AM

This sounds too good to be true!
Old 12-22-2010, 12:10 PM

That is a good price and does sound too good to be true. But, I'd say it is true considering the economy and the need to fill spots and pay bills.

My own experience back in 2007 was killing 7 animals at Visser's in Limpopo Province of South Africa...

Blue Wildebeest Bull
Kudu Bull
Gemsbok
Two Impala
Bushbuck
Red Hartebeest

Trophy shipping, import, taxidermy fees to hunt total added about $5k for my hunt.

This is a great price. I'd advise getting references before signing on to any hunt overseas. Make sure your expectations are going to be met before you put the money and time into the endeavor.

BTW, those South Africans can drink! If you have to pay your bar bill with this outfitter don't try and keep up with the host and the PH's...you won't have any money left to get your taxidermy done!

Edit...I just checked their website...No way are they giving a four animal hunt for $1450! I'd double check that. Blue Wildebeest is $950 trophy fee, Impala $300, Blesbuk $300, Warthog $300 plus $325 1 on 1 per day and $275 2 on 1 per day. I think this is a deal on the daily rate 1 on 1 plus trophy fees. If they are giving up $1875 in trophy fees plus knocking off about fifty bucks off of the 1 on 1 daily rate that is quite a discount and one a hunter needs to consider taking advantage of.

Last edited by 1st5; 12-22-2010 at 12:20 PM..
Old 12-22-2010, 12:29 PM

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...8/m/4201038341

Here is the exact thread...This hunt does not include trophy fees in the price. The hunter will pay the trophy fees of the animals he takes. So, $1450, plus trophy fees, booze, transport fee of $500, airfare, trophy dip and pack, shipping customs, and taxidermy. Still a pretty decent deal as the trophy fees ar fair. I'd say they haven't changed from when I hunted in 2007 which would be a good value. If I had the money I'd probably check them out and sign up if they had good references.
Old 12-22-2010, 4:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st5 View Post
http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...8/m/4201038341

Here is the exact thread...This hunt does not include trophy fees in the price. The hunter will pay the trophy fees of the animals he takes. So, $1450, plus trophy fees, booze, transport fee of $500, airfare, trophy dip and pack, shipping customs, and taxidermy. Still a pretty decent deal as the trophy fees ar fair. I'd say they haven't changed from when I hunted in 2007 which would be a good value. If I had the money I'd probably check them out and sign up if they had good references.
Nope, you've got his other Ad. This is the one for the hunt I posted:

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...8/m/6561043641

It is day fees and trophy fees. It says that right in the Ad.

Old 12-22-2010, 5:02 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

Fjold what does he mean by farm? Is that what we would call a ranch? Does that indicate a high fence experience?

224 rounds of high quality Winchester .223 FS/FT

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1226164
Old 12-22-2010, 6:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Farm is what they call ranches. Most hunting in South Africa is done inside of fences usually 15,000 - 100,000 acres but some areas are just large interconnected low fence operations.

I've never hunted in South Africa, in 2008 I was in Namibia and next year will be Zimbabwe.

Old 12-23-2010, 4:13 AM

Ladies and Gents,

My name is Patrick Reynecke and i am the owner of the company Bushwack Safaris that you are referring to in this thread.

The first time / beginners hunting package deal that i have posted on AFRICA RELOADING AND AFRICA HUNTING FORUMS for 5 days and 4 trophies to be hunted in South Africa and on 2 farms (600ha and 1050ha) (ranches as you call them) is legal and there is no strings attached, but do see the included and excluded section of the thread.

The price for 4 trophy animals (Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Blesbuck and Warthog) will be offered at US1 950 (Trophy, day fees and transport included). This is a package deal and so negotiations with game farmers becomes easier. Any other animal not mentioned in this deal will be for the trophy list price.

I hope you find this in order

Best regards,

Patrick Reynecke
Bushwack Safaris - RSA
Mobile: +27 82 773 4099
bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Last edited by Bushwack; 12-23-2010 at 4:45 AM..
Old 12-23-2010, 5:14 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

^^Welcome Patrick^^ thanks for stopping by and clarifying the hunt price and package.

Don't be a stranger, stop in now and then and participate here.

Cheers.
‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
--James Madison
'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792
Old 12-23-2010, 5:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

600 Ha = 1458 acres
1050 Ha = 2594 acres

Old 12-23-2010, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotnMore View Post
^^Welcome Patrick^^ thanks for stopping by and clarifying the hunt price and package.

Don't be a stranger, stop in now and then and participate here.

Cheers.

Thanks, will definitley do.

Patrick Reynecke
Bushwack Safaris - RSA
Old 01-27-2013, 8:55 AM

More information can be found on their website www.ganeandmarshall.com The other trophy fees are listed, but to get the discount on the package, it has to be referred by me. References can be provided, I have hunted it and so has my brother-in-law.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 AM

This same package can be offered at US2 570 all included - STILL AN EXCELLENT PRICE to hunt SA cheap for 4 trophies and 5 days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwack View Post
Ladies and Gents,

My name is Patrick Reynecke and i am the owner of the company Bushwack Safaris that you are referring to in this thread.

The first time / beginners hunting package deal that i have posted on AFRICA RELOADING AND AFRICA HUNTING FORUMS for 5 days and 4 trophies to be hunted in South Africa and on 2 farms (600ha and 1050ha) (ranches as you call them) is legal and there is no strings attached, but do see the included and excluded section of the thread.

The price for 4 trophy animals (Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Blesbuck and Warthog) will be offered at US1 950 (Trophy, day fees and transport included). This is a package deal and so negotiations with game farmers becomes easier. Any other animal not mentioned in this deal will be for the trophy list price.

I hope you find this in order

Best regards,

Patrick Reynecke
Bushwack Safaris - RSA

Last edited by Bushwack; 02-06-2013 at 12:47 AM..
Old 02-06-2013, 3:21 PM

Only one other consideration before you go! Africa is such a target rich environment. It will be hard to just take those animals. There are so many and there are so beautiful. I went to last May. Ten(10) day hunt. My limit was going to be 5 animals. I had three down on the first day and two on the second. I had to shut down after 8 animals and find other things to do for the rest of my stay. Loved every minute and can't wait to go back. One thing they don't always tell you is that you can hunt additional animals in what is called "Cull Hunts". These are animals that are non-trophy (broken horns, etc) or over populated. They are half price and you get your picture taken only. No trophies. When I go back for plains game that is what I'm going to do.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 PM

Other hunting packages are available...

Patrick Reynecke
Bushwack Safaris - RSA
Old 02-07-2013, 8:57 PM

What's a typical flight itinerary from say SFO? How long to get boots on the ground?

WTB: Dan Wesson ECO .45; PM me
Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 PM

Laddy,

I presume you talking about SFO as San Francisco Internationl Airport? Not to sure but direct flights from Atlanta to Johannesburg - Frank (Fjold on this forum) probably will be able to help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
What's a typical flight itinerary from say SFO? How long to get boots on the ground?

Patrick Reynecke
Bushwack Safaris - RSA
Old 02-08-2013, 6:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwack View Post
Laddy,

I presume you talking about SFO as San Francisco Internationl Airport? Not to sure but direct flights from Atlanta to Johannesburg - Frank (Fjold on this forum) probably will be able to help...
Go it thanks. If you can get from Atlanta to S.A., then Delta is probably the way to go since their HUB is on Atlanta. Thanks!

Old 02-08-2013, 7:13 AM

Default Flight options

As an expat South African living in San Francisco and flying back often.

As said you can fly to S .A via Atlanta (refuel stop on west coast of Africa) which is the quickest. Other options are via Europe - London, Paris, Germany etc.

The Europe option is a bit longer but if you have time you can roll two countries visits into one vacation trip. Also there are more flight options via Europe.
Old 02-08-2013, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
As an expat South African living in San Francisco....,,
That's funny, I'd love to be an expat from the Bay Area living in South Africa

Old 02-08-2013, 7:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I've flown LAX to JFK (5 hours), then 4 hours layover in JFK, 14 hours to Johannesburg. Left Monday night, arrived early Wednesday morning (Johannesburg is 10 hours ahead of Pacific time so it feels like arriving Tuesday night, It's about 24 hours of travel.

This September I'll be leaving SFO Tuesday at 9:45 PM and arrive in London Wednesday at 2:00 PM. (10 Hr flight) We have a 7 hour layover in London and fly out at 9:00 PM and arrive in Johannesburg at 9:15 AM Thursday morning (11 hour flight).

I like the overnight flights as I can sleep and get on schedule with the local day.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:54 PM

BUT STILL the effort worthwhile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
I've flown LAX to JFK (5 hours), then 4 hours layover in JFK, 14 hours to Johannesburg. Left Monday night, arrived early Wednesday morning (Johannesburg is 10 hours ahead of Pacific time so it feels like arriving Tuesday night, It's about 24 hours of travel.

This September I'll be leaving SFO Tuesday at 9:45 PM and arrive in London Wednesday at 2:00 PM. (10 Hr flight) We have a 7 hour layover in London and fly out at 9:00 PM and arrive in Johannesburg at 9:15 AM Thursday morning (11 hour flight).

I like the overnight flights as I can sleep and get on schedule with the local day.

Patrick Reynecke
Bushwack Safaris - RSA