Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 02-05-2013, 8:36 AM

Default Anyone Shooting Sac Valley 600 yard match?

This weekend? It's set for Sunday morning. Just curious how much the fee is for non-members. Also, as a noob, I've heard conflicting reports whether for the 600 yard match, are AR platform guys "allowed" to load a full 10 round mag 2x for the 20 round string or are they required to load one at a time. I ask cause I don't have a mag sled and loading 1/time would be a PITA.
Old 02-05-2013, 9:53 AM

I think it's $25 bucks.

You load 1 at a time since they pull targets for each shot.

Even without a sled why would it be PITA? you just throw a bullet in and slam shut the bolt. Why would you want to cook your ammo between shots in a hot chamber if you didn't have to?

You can probably borrow a sled from one of the service rifle shooters there if you shoot on a different relay.

If not go buy a sled from bob at Richmond R&G.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM

Because one at a time with no mag means the bolt won't hold open, meaning lots of fiddling around from position. With a mag inserted, bolt will hold open but then need to remove mag with bullet button, load 1 round, and go again.
Won't be at Richmond before Sunday.
Just because they pull targets doesn't mean I can't have a round in the chamber. At least I see lots of bolt guys locked and loaded before the target is back up.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM

leave your mag in and just throw a bullet in the port. You don't actually have to slide the bullet into the mag unless you are paranoid about slam fires.

Before they had sleds that's what you used to do for an AR; you don't actually load them in the mag like you're loading rounds
Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 PM

I shot Bob an email to see if he'll be kind enough to send me a Bob Sled directly.
Old 02-05-2013, 6:25 PM
Veteran Member

There's a thread in the centerfire forum by one of the regulars that shoots the match. Better to ask questions about it there.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=695163

The cost is $20, for everyone.

You have to single load because it's a NRA prone match and the rules specify slow fire, single load. Everyone with a gas gun single loads. Even in a XTC match the AR rifles single load for the 200 yard off hand and 600 yard prone slow fire stages. It's not a PITA.

It's no big deal to do it with an AR type rifle. Slip a round in through the ejection port, push it slightly into the chamber if you feel the need to (use your finger or your Empty Chamber Indicator flag (you are required to have and use one of those anyway for when you aren't actually on the line shooting), then just hit your bolt release to chamber the round, and shoot when the target comes up.

Match Director Sac Valley Vintage Military Rifle Long Range Match

Last edited by Pthfndr; 02-05-2013 at 6:28 PM..