Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 11:50 AM

Default Turners Is Important to lead the Fight

Turners,

I have been a loyal customer and have been a supporter of your products and need to provide the citizens on california with affordable ways to protect themselves.

Now we are facing a dilemma nationally but more importantly in CALIFORNIA.
We already have talk from state legislators of new laws regarding Ammo,Bullet Button etc.. and with the way this state is made up, I see little resistance by legislators.

You(Turners) being one of the biggest Ammo and firearm distributors in California are needed to spearhead the millions of customers you have to take the good and peaceful front to stop any new laws coming to California.

Senator Yee's bill on SB47 would kill the bullet button with no grandfathering. This i know would have a huge effect on your buisness and also the ammo restrictions.

I for one at no fault to you would stop buying ammo in this state and weapons and I know many will follow. A 6 hour drive is worth it to me to not have police notified that i am buy 500 rounds of 22,9mm etc..

You have a strong voice to your customers in California and its very important you help many uneducated, first-time buyers understand the importance to fighting for our 2a rights.

Turners I call to you to help the law-abiding Californians to rise up with petitions, donations to Calguns, and links to help people fight this.

You have in the past and I expecct you to again. We all have faith in you and your ability to spread the word quickly to millions with 1 email

Thank You for your service and appreciate the help
HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)
Old 01-17-2013, 12:50 PM

There will be grandfathering, but you will be required to register. Not saying I support it, but just letting you know.
Old 01-17-2013, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbully View Post
There will be grandfathering, but you will be required to register. Not saying I support it, but just letting you know.
WRONG. IN YEE'S SB47 your BB will not be grandfathered.
HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)
Old 01-17-2013, 2:10 PM

YEES BILL IS A OUTRIGHT BAN OF BB
Old 01-17-2013, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navycorpsman View Post
WRONG. IN YEE'S SB47 your BB will not be grandfathered.
Actually, you are wrong. From the bill:

Quote:
(c) Any person who, between January 1, 2001 and January 1, 2014, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined in section 30515 and including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, shall register the firearm by July 1, 2014, with the department pursuant to those procedures that the department may establish.
Currently owned BB guns will be grandfathered if registered as AW.
Old 01-17-2013, 2:51 PM

^^This^^
Old 01-17-2013, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbully View Post
^^This^^
I apologize. I read it from newspaper instead of pulling up bill, my mistake, regardless Turners still plays a huge role in getting the masses together
Old 01-17-2013, 2:57 PM

I definitely agree. Even with grandfathering these are terrible bills.
Old 01-17-2013, 3:39 PM
Calguns Addict

So does this mean the AW list is open again, and we can buy our MAC10 and Uzi too?
Old 01-17-2013, 5:51 PM
The Over Generalizer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
So does this mean the AW list is open again, and we can buy our MAC10 and Uzi too?
I'll take a swing, if you could not legally purchase after 2001 in California and the law seems to mention only those from 2001 and on, I'd say no, since if you had a AW that was listed prior to 2001 that was not registered, it wasn't lawfully possessed.

But...I don't read legaleeze very well.

Last edited by lp3056; 01-17-2013 at 5:55 PM..
Old 01-17-2013, 6:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Kind of sounds like it....

Another blunder.. just like NY 7 round not exempting LEO's
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 01-18-2013, 1:48 AM

What if I had a ar15 I bought in 99 but was away at school and didn't know I had to register it till it was too late. It's at my uncle's house in Texas now and I visit it twice a year. It would be nice if I could register it. I don't want to sound like I want this to pass I don't.
Old 01-18-2013, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrayes View Post
What if I had a ar15 I bought in 99 but was away at school and didn't know I had to register it till it was too late. It's at my uncle's house in Texas now and I visit it twice a year. It would be nice if I could register it. I don't want to sound like I want this to pass I don't.
if it's one of those named aw on current banned list, you can't bring it back.

if only because of features, since it was never registered as aw, make it featureless before bring it back in...
Old 01-18-2013, 5:13 PM

Yea it's named on the list. I mean I bought it before the ban it just never got registered and I thought that their excuse as to why you can't register it anymore even though you bought it before the ban was that they weren't registering any more AW's. However if they are going to let you register your Bullet Button AR as AW that kinda craps on their reasoning for not taking anymore AW registration. I agree with you that it's too late they will just have some other reason. I again hope this stupid thing doesn't pass.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
make no mistake about this bill's evil intentions to make it harder for law abiding CA residents to defend themselves against any threat.

read the bill's text on new definition of assault weapons and fixed magazine:

http://sd08.senate.ca.gov/sites/sd08...20Language.pdf
Old 01-19-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninety View Post
Kind of sounds like it....

Another blunder.. just like NY 7 round not exempting LEO's
why LEO's should be exempted from 7 rounds ban, if other law abiding residents who face similar threats are subjected to the ban?

one day i'm a leo, the next day i retired and is not the same person?
Old 01-19-2013, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st2fight View Post
one day i'm a leo, the next day i retired and is not the same person?
Rest assured, they're trying to exempt retired LEOs as well.
Old 01-20-2013, 7:26 AM

Retired Leo's had their rights reset to the same level as other civilians except for CCW's. Not that Yee respects legal precedent or the Constitution, just his view of it.
Old 01-20-2013, 9:41 PM

I know LEOs who laugh at the idea of being able to purchase offlist handguns from anywhere one day, then can't do it the next day after they turned in their badges???

liberals want everyone to be the same, except for themselves, just like commies...

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)