Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 12-19-2012, 2:14 PM

Default Which of you ladies wants to be my guinea pig??

I have everything from XXL to Medium(no smalls yet) and I just want someone to wear this besides me(been in mine all day, and all day yesterday and it's not even noticeable). Took them to the tailor who stitched in the pockets and it is great. Went to the range with them and the range owner said I should put up an ad in the range because there are a lot of CCW women that go there and then ran in to Frasier who runs a business that trains people, everything from intro to hand guns to the local police and armed security who must qualify. He was THRILLED with it and said his employee Allison, has her CCW but doesn't carry because she hasn't found a viable comfortable concealment holster. The women RO's loved it too!

So tel me where you want it at(right, left, front, hip etc and I will put it together and ship it out for you to test drive it. That is, if you want to. Even those without CCW's can try it. Just shoot me a PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 9:27 PM

What is it?????????????????
Old 01-03-2013, 8:59 AM

Are you still offering this - curious as to what it is. Is it a shirt or something?
Old 01-24-2013, 4:18 PM

It is a holster but as I have found out in trying to market it, due to it being a one piece(hook and eye) that hygenic reasons prevent it from being returned if the customer does not like it so we will not be making and selling them. However, having worn it every day now, I can tell you that I am COMPLETELY happy with it and will share the design with anyone who is interested in making their own. It is ridiculously simple and can accommodate pretty much any drawing position(I keep it on right hip, slightly behind). Here are the pictures if you want to make one yourself.

Here is the finished product

Here is it is on...(please ignore that I am chunky and I ask that you not comment on that)

Playing with the position with safety pins to get it right.

Another view

Nearly invisible under a selection of clothes(although I mostly wear t-shirts)

Anyway, if any of you ladies would like to make your own, it is easy enough and doesn't take much time. I do have a frontal view but since it is a singlet and I wear my own bra with it, I do not want to advertise my front assets. If you know what I mean.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 PM

It looks kinda nifty but i have 0 exp with or access to a sewing machine to put it together. If you want to put one together to ship here I can test run one around in my daily routine(i dont leave the house). If thats acceptible PM me and I can give measurements. If not no worries. Id also recommend trying it with a strapless design that comes up under the breasts, possibly either zipping up the back or a tighter elastic for the case of tank tops ot sleeveless tops worn with a jacket. If it comes up high enough it shouldnt slip(think corsets) but youd want to try it out.

If youd want to sell them you may be able to with a no returns policy, like swimwear or undergarments often do. Not a lawyer though so I cant tell you for certain.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Thank you very much for sharing it is creative, practical and I really appreciate you putting Your idea into out into the open Calgunners hands.
I second the idea of making it non returnable. If you decide to market it I can tell you how to do a press release that may get you written up in the what's new section of firearms and Sporting Goods related magazines. it's like getting an ad for free takes a couple of months but if you get in a magazine and you're successful selling them they would like you to return the favor and pay for some ads.
I wish you the best of luck with your product.
Old 01-25-2013, 1:26 AM

I have minimal shopping with 4-H from like 35yrs ago. LOL I just bought the Flexee on Kolhs BOGO even and cannibalized an old v bellyand that I hated and then hubby and I went to l pining it it, try it on, pin it in, try it on etc until we were satisfied enough with it and then we took it to a local tailor who sticthed in(double in and outs)in about 10min.

I really like to get other people to try them out but once they've been tried on, all hell Breaks loose! HOLY CRAP CALL PELOSI! LOL Doen anyone remember those little :sanitary: lines in bathing suit so that creepers wouldn't spread ickies. Yeah, that always worked. LOL
I would still like to pursue it but I wouln't know what to do itf someone tried it on and then said no. I'd be on the hook for a non-returnable item. I like the Flexee and the Maidenform Control It because they are both singlets that allow you to wear your own bra(worst thing next to holster shopping. LOL) I do have two(working on three) of my own that are X Large that I would gladly ship to one of you ladies to examine, try one, wear and a feel for it. I've heard of bleach, hot water and soap so I am pretty sure whatever you might have passed on to me would be dead before it touche me. LOL

I am not a strapless kid of girl. I undeerstand that there are a LOT of strapless fans and Flexees adn Mairdenform Congtrol It both come in strapless models. I've got F's if you get my meaning and nothing strapless ever stays up and being corseted is the very thing that these Belly Bands do They felt like corsets. No, I want to move and know my gun is not moving. I think I have a L upstairs that I would be willing to went to someone one with instructions on how to do their own and who knows, it might generate some interests. Thanks

And Sealocan I will probably be in touch with you so many women ask me about it and were I got it and I keep thinking(and so does my family) that I need to flesh this idea out more but then there is another demographic who want it "specially" for them and this minus XS, S, M. L, XL,XXL, Plan I had in place and while I understand that, the only way I could come up with that is buy one, send it with the holster patch and safety pins and ducttape the crosshatch(sounds better than crotch to me. LOL), have them position it, try it on for a day. Find out that one good spot you like, them mark it(really well) and send it back to to use a new unwrapped one to put together and mailed out to you with you sending me the original back so that I could possibly use that as the template if you would, I've been willing to do that, using an old one that I know it clean with Tide and Clorox. Thoughts? I have two XL's that are my own adn I would be will to ship one out ASAP for someone to try. KNOWING that I have worn it, I actually wear underwear under the fkexee, it is for a right hip draw. If my head were 12 and my *** was 6 (LMAO Like that has ever been a 12!!"}and my right hand were 3 and the left were the four then this would be like a 4-5 where I carry it. In some shots it looks further to the small of the back but it isn't. Clear as mud? LOL I honestly think that some woman need this carry method affects us all
Old 01-25-2013, 6:20 AM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

pattern.
package the design as a pattern ala McCalls, etc.
sell it on the internet and/or through gun friendly websites.
etsy.com
i'm sure there are others.

the package could include the design pieces, instructions, pictures of the finished product, pictures of the finished product being worn, etc.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 01-25-2013, 8:53 AM

Yeah I know what you mean on the strapless. I don't wear them myself either. E here. Bra shopping sucks. Was mostly a design idea to toss out for the ladies that like it.

My daily wear is typically jeans, tshirt and a grey zippered sweatshirt. If I can't cover my(imo) fat butt, I don't wear it. Ever. Weather up here is favorable for wearing sweatshirts year round so it's good. Haha.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
pattern.
package the design as a pattern ala McCalls, etc.
sell it on the internet and/or through gun friendly websites.
etsy.com
i'm sure there are others.

the package could include the design pieces, instructions, pictures of the finished product, pictures of the finished product being worn, etc.

Pattern? Such as "give them all the ingredients and let them put it together"? Kind of pattern. I was partial to the Butterick patterns. LOL
Old 01-25-2013, 3:47 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

yep.
and you could sell it as a kit with the materials....a beginners sewing kit, if you will.

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 01-25-2013, 3:55 PM

Wait, did you just pull your pants down, take a photo and place it online?

Winning.

Last edited by TripleThreat; 01-25-2013 at 3:57 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 6:04 PM

Yes, with my overly large *** and a one piece bodysuit on, I did pull my pants down and put it on the internet. At least this time I KNOW who did it. LOL
Old 01-28-2013, 11:17 PM

A simple solution to a complex problem. Well done!
Remington M700
Compact 9mm sidearm
Old 02-19-2013, 1:48 PM

It looked much better now that it is sown on. LOL
Old 02-19-2013, 6:05 PM

Default Baby's Got Back

I'm drawing a blank, what's that song by Sir Mix-A-lot?

Last edited by TripleThreat; 02-20-2013 at 11:59 AM..
Old 02-19-2013, 7:37 PM

LOL! Only I got back, front, sides and all areas in between. LOL