Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Please print out the text and links in my OP and get them to that gunshop!

-Brandon
I don't have a printer. You can always contact them if you wish, it is Just Guns in Sacramento.

http://justgunsstore.com/
3530 Auburn Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95821
(916) 486-4867

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM

hello. this just happened to my wife. she owns several other fire arms and just got denied by doj for a measly lil 10-22. no arrests, no tickets, nothing! baffled!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr big bear View Post
hello. this just happened to my wife. she owns several other fire arms and just got denied by doj for a measly lil 10-22. no arrests, no tickets, nothing! baffled!
Denied or delayed? There is a difference.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr big bear View Post
Has she dompleted this form? http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/get...rt-ca-doj.html
Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Perhaps some other Calgunner could make this happen. I can't really chase issues right now.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
I don't have a printer. You can always contact them if you wish, it is Just Guns in Sacramento.

http://justgunsstore.com/
3530 Auburn Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95821
(916) 486-4867

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-09-2013, 4:50 PM

Well today I picked up my Glock 30 without any problems and this my first purchase, sucks and doesnt seem fair that while others are picking up firearms others are being delayed but I wish the best to everyone waiting to pick up thier firearms
Old 02-11-2013, 9:17 AM

So can an old dead unregistered car sitting in my backyard cause a delay since doj works with DMV? Haven't paid for that registration since it died 2 years ago wonder if that can cause a delay? Oh and my drivers license is good not suspended if that helps.

Last edited by Mikearfifteen83; 02-11-2013 at 9:23 AM.. Reason: Left out info
Old 02-11-2013, 9:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikearfifteen83 View Post
So can an old dead unregistered car sitting in my backyard cause a delay since doj works with DMV? Haven't paid for that registration since it died 2 years ago wonder if that can cause a delay? Oh and my drivers license is good not suspended if that helps.
unless it was on non-op they probably won't make a big deal out of it but i don't so as far as im aware of they check to see if you got DUI, suspended license
Old 02-11-2013, 9:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikearfifteen83 View Post
I think it's only a problem if your license is suspended and you don't have a valid I'D.

Old 02-11-2013, 9:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I think they only check with DMV to see if your license is suspended and you don't have a valid I'D.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 AM

Called my gun dealer today,he said i'm not alone on this problem.He got about 10 customer with exact same issue and even dealer can't reach DOJ,he left couple of VM and never heard back from them.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED (Y) View Post
Called my gun dealer today,he said i'm not alone on this problem.He got about 10 customer with exact same issue and even dealer can't reach DOJ,he left couple of VM and never heard back from them.
That's because DOJ is refusing to give any answers and likely aren't even looking at delayed DROS'.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:48 AM

I'll add my name to the list of others that just received their DELAY Letter. I've never been in trouble and have no legal issues so not sure why there is a delay. Was very disappointed and was told to call the number on the letter, however after reading hundreds of posts about calling it seems they cant tell you anything over the phone anyway so I dont really see the point in calling. Im new to this but sucks that they make is so difficult. Since the gun shop didnt call me to tell me i was delayed and I drove down there for nothing im sure they wont tell me when im apoproved either so should i just keep calling the gun shop every few days asking them if they received the letter yet???
Old 02-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbad rookie View Post
I'll add my name to the list of others that just received their DELAY Letter. I've never been in trouble and have no legal issues so not sure why there is a delay. Was very disappointed and was told to call the number on the letter, however after reading hundreds of posts about calling it seems they cant tell you anything over the phone anyway so I dont really see the point in calling. Im new to this but sucks that they make is so difficult. Since the gun shop didnt call me to tell me i was delayed and I drove down there for nothing im sure they wont tell me when im apoproved either so should i just keep calling the gun shop every few days asking them if they received the letter yet???
It's not that they can't, it's that they are refusing to.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:15 PM

Well that sucks.... this seems like an issue that the NRA should be involved in. AS this was my first firearm purchase I thought i did everything necessary and waited my 10 days, if I had known ahead of time that it could potential take months to clear I wouldnt have even bought a gun. This is definitely a serious issue that the NRA should be very actively trying to resolve. Just my thoughts. Sucks so many others are also going through the same thing expecially when they have been good lawabiding citizens.
Old 02-11-2013, 1:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Well that sucks.... this seems like an issue that the NRA should be involved in. AS this was my first firearm purchase I thought i did everything necessary and waited my 10 days, if I had known ahead of time that it could potential take months to clear I wouldnt have even bought a gun. This is definitely a serious issue that the NRA should be very actively trying to resolve. Just my thoughts. Sucks so many others are also going through the same thing expecially when they have been good lawabiding citizens.
The NRA only cares about national issues. There is a link in the first post that you should report your delay at.

Old 02-11-2013, 2:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
REPORT HERE
Old 02-11-2013, 4:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Well I've been delayed for 17 days now and still no word from the DOJ.

Last edited by JDay; 02-11-2013 at 5:55 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 4:36 PM

been waiting 42 days here, I spoke with them on the phone again today, nothing new...

"Its either an arrest in your past, dmv issue, or you have a common name"

I told the lady its none of the above, that I have a recent purchase that went through ok without delay and that I even have a CCW, she told me that just means I was ok at that time and that it has probably changed because they wouldnt delay me for no reason.

I asked how this could be legal to not allow me to purchase a firearm without a reason, she said there was a reason they just cant tell me what it is....

*#@$&^@%#$
Old 02-11-2013, 4:59 PM

I’ll get my first hand gun tomorrow 2/12/13 after 1:00 pm. No issues that I know of, so wait and see. Purchased a Shotgun 3 years ago with no issues.

Today 2/12/13, 10 days after purchasing my 9mm, I got it "No issues".

Last edited by morrierudy; 02-12-2013 at 6:30 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 6:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metasys View Post
been waiting 42 days here, I spoke with them on the phone again today, nothing new...

I told the lady its none of the above, that I have a recent purchase that went through ok without delay and that I even have a CCW, she told me that just means I was ok at that time and that it has probably changed because they wouldnt delay me for no reason.

I asked how this could be legal to not allow me to purchase a firearm without a reason, she said there was a reason they just cant tell me what it is....

*#@$&^@%#$
Sounds like Obamacare.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Please make sure you reported your matter at http://calgunsfoundation.org/doj.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by metasys View Post

*#@$&^@%#$

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
Please make sure you reported your matter at http://calgunsfoundation.org/doj.

-Brandon
Just out of curiosity, how many delays have been reported so far?

Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 AM

+1 I would like to know as well
Old 02-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Veteran Member

I've been sitting here thinking about reasons outside of normal that would cause these delays:

1. Identity theft by illegal aliens causing them to spend inordinate amounts of time trying to determine who the real person is - and who isn't - and then creating a distinction between the illegal AND yourself that works - just as our public schools constantly have to do.

(Are any of you who are experiencing delays "mandatory reporters" as defined under the penal code? Cause if an illegal alien has entered into the LiveScan database in order to hold a job considered under those requirements and stole an ID - that'll muck up the criminal background check system big time. Instead of one person key in the database, and multiple location keys - it would represent an attempt to have two person keys and multiple location keys - instantly creating a flag! Since the current political effort is to protect the illegal alien - you get screwed while they try to create a distinction between you and the illegal alien that let's the system work as designed.)

If you don't understand what I mean by keys, a database administrator here on Calguns can explain in detail.

2. An employee with an agenda is currently under disciplinary action with union protection. In other words, while their case in being reviewed administratively - they must be allowed to work and must be allowed to handle their normal case load. This may be why you can have two purchases in the queue - going through separate processors - and have one telling the other after a phone call to go ahead and clear.

3. DHS is sticking their nose into DOJ's / AGO's business and imposing the "no fly" list as a basis for delay or denial. Is anyone here on the "no fly" list or regulary harassed by DHS at airports?

4. The entire staff has filed a grievance for overload work wise - and is currently being addressed privately.

I think everyone here should try to think really hard about anything odd or unusual that has occurred the past 10 years outside arrests, convictions, etc...even it you don't think it matter...consider it.

I bet when everyone here trades 'em, a pattern will emerge.

=8-)
Old 02-12-2013, 9:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with my background check, I held a security clearance until late last year when I let it lapse. Most likely there's a few people at DOJ who are tossing every DROS they come by into the delayed pile. That would explain why some people have no problems picking up a firearm but get delayed on their next purchase.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I'm still sitting on two delays. One is over a month old!

I got an interesting call from DOJ yesterday morning. She was calling to verify if my customer, a non-immigrant alien, had a hunting license. I'm thinking to myself, she shouldn't give two ****s since that is a fed requirement. Regardless, I informed her that he presented me with a non-resident Virginia hunting license. She thanked me and that was the end of the call.

I had never received a call like this before and I had a few regulars that must present a hunting license.

By the way, for the FFL's reading this, if you have a non-immigrant alien customer that wants to buy a gun, the hunting license can be from any state. There are several states that issue non-resident licenses on the web with no requirement to take a class.

Cheers!

Greg David
Eddy's Shooting Sports
400 Moffett Blvd.,Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043
(660)969-GUNS

T-F 12-7 W 12-9 Sat 11-5
Closed Sun/Mon

400 Moffett Blvd., Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043

www.eddysguns.com

Tue-Fri 12-7, Sat 11-5
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrabbit View Post
I've been sitting here thinking about reasons outside of normal that would cause these delays:

1. Identity theft by illegal aliens causing them to spend inordinate amounts of time trying to determine who the real person is - and who isn't - and then creating a distinction between the illegal AND yourself that works - just as our public schools constantly have to do.

(Are any of you who are experiencing delays "mandatory reporters" as defined under the penal code? Cause if an illegal alien has entered into the LiveScan database in order to hold a job considered under those requirements and stole an ID - that'll muck up the criminal background check system big time. Instead of one person key in the database, and multiple location keys - it would represent an attempt to have two person keys and multiple location keys - instantly creating a flag! Since the current political effort is to protect the illegal alien - you get screwed while they try to create a distinction between you and the illegal alien that let's the system work as designed.)

If you don't understand what I mean by keys, a database administrator here on Calguns can explain in detail.

2. An employee with an agenda is currently under disciplinary action with union protection. In other words, while their case in being reviewed administratively - they must be allowed to work and must be allowed to handle their normal case load. This may be why you can have two purchases in the queue - going through separate processors - and have one telling the other after a phone call to go ahead and clear.

3. DHS is sticking their nose into DOJ's / AGO's business and imposing the "no fly" list as a basis for delay or denial. Is anyone here on the "no fly" list or regulary harassed by DHS at airports?

4. The entire staff has filed a grievance for overload work wise - and is currently being addressed privately.

I think everyone here should try to think really hard about anything odd or unusual that has occurred the past 10 years outside arrests, convictions, etc...even it you don't think it matter...consider it.

I bet when everyone here trades 'em, a pattern will emerge.

=8-)
Ten years is not the cutoff. I was told on Dec 12th when I was delayed that it was for an arrest in TN in 1995 that had no disposition. They have had the certified disposition paperwork in their custody since Dec 17th, yet I still do not have my gun.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM

Mine has been only 17 days so far, i guess i should feel lucky after reading everyone else's waits are much much longer. Still waiting and I got no answers when I called DOJ. So this is the first gun purchase, do i jsut wait forever or call the gun shop or what? I dont want to wait for 6 months and all the while nothing was even happening and needed my action. Does it help to keep calling the DOJ, it seems like it doesnt help at all after reading all these posts.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM

day 43 and counting, not a blip on my record in over 30 years and nothing delayed my last check in July 2012, it took 8 days on that one. Been calling all morning but no human yet. Previous calls resulted in "call back after the 14th or the 12th or the 11th". Pretty piss poor that they can't even make some kind of statement on their website to inform we, their bosses! Seems like some media contacts need to be involved to more publicize this "unusual" situation.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Mine has been only 17 days so far, i guess i should feel lucky after reading everyone else's waits are much much longer. Still waiting and I got no answers when I called DOJ. So this is the first gun purchase, do i jsut wait forever or call the gun shop or what? I dont want to wait for 6 months and all the while nothing was even happening and needed my action. Does it help to keep calling the DOJ, it seems like it doesnt help at all after reading all these posts.
Don't call the gun shop, you'll just annoy them and there is nothing they can do. I'd just keep calling DOJ at least once a week until they give you answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJ View Post
day 43 and counting, not a blip on my record in over 30 years and nothing delayed my last check in July 2012, it took 8 days on that one. Been calling all morning but no human yet. Previous calls resulted in "call back after the 14th or the 12th or the 11th". Pretty piss poor that they can't even make some kind of statement on their website to inform we, their bosses! Seems like some media contacts need to be involved to more publicize this "unusual" situation.
Have you reported your delay to the Calguns Foundation?

http://calgunsfoundation.org/doj

Old 02-12-2013, 2:42 PM

Quote:

Have you reported your delay to the Calguns Foundation?

http://calgunsfoundation.org/doj
I have thank you!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 PM

Default DELAYED SINCE DEC.19 2012

Ive have been delayed since Dec. 19,2012. I got delayed because I got arrested back in 2006 but I was never convicted. My charges were never filed. The DOJ is requesting a disposition from the county I got arrested. The part Im confused about is that since my charges were never filed and I never got a trial how would there be a disposition and will I still be able to get my firearm?
Old 02-13-2013, 9:20 AM

My delay letter says to call 916--227-3752 however i have called it about 30 times a day for a week and every time i call i get a recording that says the mailbox is full. Does anyne know of another number to call instead. I am getting nowhere fast, lol.
Old 02-13-2013, 9:40 AM

You have to just keep calling that number, they will pickup eventually.
Old 02-13-2013, 9:57 AM

ok thanks!! i appreciate the feedback. i'll keep at it.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:46 AM

Can someone who has gotten the info from PlayHard please pass that info on by posting it in here? If there is a reason it is not posted, could you PLEASE send me a PM with the info? Thanks!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJ View Post
OK so I'm actually on hold after speaking briefly with someone. So far I've been told that they can only see that I'm still on delay, no reason why other than "we're probably waiting on some documentation and we're at the mercy of that jurisdiction". OK so after the hold I was able to get some interesting general information. Based on what I've read on the forum, there have been some issues going back to March of last year. I was told that as of Feb 2012 DOJ is required to confirm ALL arrest whether charges were filed or not! Can you imagine what that means? Any of my run ins will not be in computer format but rather microfiche or hard copies stored in some state warehouse, if I'm lucky. This still doesn't answer why I cleared in 8 days under the current requirements but am at 44 days on this one OTHER than the 120K BGC they received in Dec alone. They seem as frustrated with their inability to use previous BGCs as a "from this point forward" checks as I am. Typical political decision without any regard to the repercussions of a new process. They did say that they are working on a website response to better inform us but that the attorneys are working on it and have not cleared it yet. They are also under additional pressure to insure that they don't make any mistakes on BGCs, all of which is completely understandable but show little forward thinking. "Gee what would happen if we had a run on gun sales????" "How would this affect our ability to best serve our citizens?" I just can't wait for government health care, lol. BTW I called 916-227-3752 on speed dial until I finally got an answer.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Can someone who has gotten the info from PlayHard please pass that info on by posting it in here? If there is a reason it is not posted, could you PLEASE send me a PM with the info? Thanks!!!
I tried his suggestion but they send me back to DOJ hot line #. It's up to him if he want to publish it.I guess you can PM him directly
Old 02-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member

1. Jurisdiction. CA AG and DOJ is the jurisdiction. Counties are agents for the state carrying out administrative functions for the state. So their jurisdiction does not trump state.

So the jurisdiction interference is coming from Federal.

2. Arrests can be used as a basis for further investigation - a delay - but not denial.

The above plus the extra care and waiting on attorney (obviously for wording) on a website response raises the following possibilities:

1. People who had arrests - but not convictions - weren't getting flagged for follow-up questioning when purchasing firewarms. AG is in panic mode over this because this is what can allow someone like Adam Lanza to fall through the cracks...mental cases get arrested all the time - but not convicted - largely due to the intervention of social case workers.

Sandy Hook, Aurora and the Congresswoman shooting anyone?

2. Kamala Harris is doing the FedGov's bidding to use administrative tactics as a means to slow down gun sales. "Extra scrutiny" is the excuse that covers this...

3. During the conversion to digital formats over the last 2 decades - part of city, county and state conversion operations included taking all previously stored papers and microfiches and making digital copies. It has been a very very costly operation. The CBG system has fallen behind in this regard - so they are relying on your requests as a means to identify which old documents are active and need immediate conversion. I can see this taking weeks. Several days to find...several days to verify, a day to copy if paper, several days if microfiche, and then modified OCR conversion to the current digital system plus subsequent data entry for summarizing the document. In other words, you may be waiting for them to do a job that was supposed to have been done already - that you have already paid for with your taxes.

What's scary about his one is that i means that the criminal background check system as it is digitally operated is behind records-wise...not up to date as it is supposed to be. It is only up to date on live real-time digital submissions for the past decade or so...

So that brings up the question:

Most of you folks experiencing long term delays - how old are you?

Under 40?
Over 40?

Just throwing out theories...that's all...

=8-)