Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-04-2012, 7:40 PM

I'd recommend anyone thinking that guns might be coming to just get your cash back and go elsewhere. I wouldn't trust Jason with my lunch money at this point.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 PM

Is Jason AWOL? Looks like he has not posted anything for awhile. He there been ny refunds received?
Old 12-07-2012, 2:33 AM

I think Jason created a new username on calguns:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=652999

edit: looks like the thread was deleted after mods found the dupe account

Here he is talking about the same subject on his youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxqSajEe77U

Last edited by Dan000; 12-13-2012 at 4:33 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 9:44 AM

Honestly at this point I don't care what his user names are, weather it be his personal one or his AOI guns business one. I just want my money back.

Jason I'm asking now in public because you can't seem to respond to my PM's. You have offered in the past and I'm calling you on it. Please give me your current address (post or PM, I don't care)
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM

Anybody?
Old 12-11-2012, 4:01 PM
Veteran Member

Nothing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
My new saying is, "when the last informed shooter gets fed up setting the record straight from all the trolls, only trolls will be on Calguns.."
Close to the edge here brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
More what? More crazy?
You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.
Old 12-11-2012, 6:16 PM

notta!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 7:41 PM

I think this ship has sailed boys. Time to cut our loses and move on. Very weary of future group buys.
Old 12-12-2012, 4:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Medic View Post
I think this ship has sailed boys. Time to cut our loses and move on. Very weary of future group buys.
Yep, but it sucks that someone can walk away with 5k

My new saying is, "when the last informed shooter gets fed up setting the record straight from all the trolls, only trolls will be on Calguns.."
Quote:
More what? More crazy?
Old 12-12-2012, 9:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Medic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq_wizzard View Post
Yep, but it sucks that someone can walk away with 5k
Don't give him a free pass to walk away from this. There are plenty of people in this group buy who feel differently.
Old 12-12-2012, 9:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Small claims court?
Old 12-12-2012, 9:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrex View Post
Don't give him a free pass to walk away from this. There are plenty of people in this group buy who feel differently.
Trust me I am not going to tell him he can have my $500, at this point I don't know what my next steeps will be. But Small Claims Court sounds like something that might have to happen.
Quote:
More what? More crazy?
Old 12-12-2012, 9:49 AM
Veteran Member

I would hope that people are coordinating how to do the small claims process at a minimum, if not contacting the authorities.
Old 12-12-2012, 2:25 PM
CGN Contributor

Was not involved in the group buy and am not trying to thread poop or pile on. My apologies to the Mods if I am in the wrong by posting.

If the involved decide to take the small claims route. A skip tracer can get you the location information you need to file and serve a small claims case.

Here I am.

WTB VW Dune Buggy, the metal flake fiberglass kind from the 60's
Old 12-12-2012, 3:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Was not involved in the group buy and am not trying to thread poop or pile on. My apologies to the Mods if I am in the wrong by posting.

If the involved decide to take the small claims route. A skip tracer can get you the location information you need to file and serve a small claims case.
Well, I do still have some small involvement so I'll reiterate that just in case. Last I calculated there was $4600 on the line, so if nobody has his current info it shouldn't be any big deal for somebody who's owed a lot to take point, get a skip tracer involved, and make it all happen. I would think that most people still directly owed money would be willing to kick in a little bit to make that happen.
Old 12-12-2012, 4:11 PM

I'm not involved either but want others to be aware that he may just string this out beyond your statute to allow a small claims case. I believe it's a year.

Then you're out of luck with no recourse at all. Don't be a sucker.

Small claims is not a complicated procedure. They make it simple knowing those that use it are not court savvy.

Mods can delete but you'll be doing those owed a disservice.

NoSTAZ
Old 12-12-2012, 4:20 PM
Calguns Addict

As this sort of group by can be considered verbal as there is no written contract to the buy, there is a two-year statute of limitations. Get to court by then or there is no chance of collecting over. Once you have a judgement it is good for 15 years.
Old 12-12-2012, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
As this sort of group by can be considered verbal as there is no written contract to the buy, there is a two-year statute of limitations. Get to court by then or there is no chance of collecting over. Once you have a judgement it is good for 15 years.
Thanks for the clarification. Money has changed hands based on commitments made AND there is a long thread as well as this one (hopefully those involved printed it out) that establishes a case.

If it were me, I would file in small claims court for the max allowed (I think it's 7,500.00 or is it 10,000.00 now) and let a judge decide what's fair including interest and damages.

This will show on his credit check as well as any low level background check for many years. And most (all) new hires these days have a background check, even for a fast food job. And he claims to be trained law enforcement on his video (sure to be removed but copies?). Don't know if that's a fairy tale but it's got to add leverage.

This has to be done individually, not as a group. There is no such thing as a class action in small claims. So, get off your butts and don't let this guy take advantage of you.

This is not piling on, Kestrell. I have followed this from the beginning and have not commented until now. This guy is playing everybody including the management here and he only gets better at it.

If the management here wants to delete this, fine but you will be playing into exactly what theExpertish expects and counts on. If the management here wants to ban me for bringing up these points, fine. I'm sure I'll survive.

NoSTAZ
Old 12-12-2012, 6:08 PM

I'm involved, so quoted for posterity:

Ribkick: I'm not involved either but want others to be aware that he may just string this out beyond your statute to allow a small claims case. I believe it's a year.

Then you're out of luck with no recourse at all. Don't be a sucker.

Small claims is not a complicated procedure. They make it simple knowing those that use it are not court savvy.

winnre: As this sort of group by can be considered verbal as there is no written contract to the buy, there is a two-year statute of limitations. Get to court by then or there is no chance of collecting over. Once you have a judgement it is good for 15 years.

Ribkick: Thanks for the clarification. Money has changed hands based on commitments made AND there is a long thread as well as this one (hopefully those involved printed it out) that establishes a case.

If it were me, I would file in small claims court for the max allowed (I think it's 7,500.00 or is it 10,000.00 now) and let a judge decide what's fair including interest and damages.

This will show on his credit check as well as any low level background check for many years. And most (all) new hires these days have a background check, even for a fast food job. And he claims to be trained law enforcement on his video (sure to be removed but copies?). Don't know if that's a fairy tale but it's got to add leverage.

This has to be done individually, not as a group. There is no such thing as a class action in small claims. So, get off your butts and don't let this guy take advantage of you.
Old 12-12-2012, 6:58 PM

So what's the process of doing individual small claims against Jason? If we all decide to go that route I'd like for us to do it uniformly. I have 3 of his current/past addresses, so from there we can work out where to send a process server.
Old 12-12-2012, 7:12 PM

I've suspected from the beginning Jason was stringing us along with the intent of letting the statute run out and pocketing the $5,000.

I do plan to file small claims when that date nears.

Jason, I sent the payment in your wife's name per your request. I will be filing suit against your wife.
Old 12-12-2012, 7:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan000 View Post
I've suspected from the beginning Jason was stringing us along with the intent of letting the statute run out and pocketing the $5,000.

I do plan to file small claims when that date nears.

Jason, I sent the payment in your wife's name per your request. I will be filing suit against your wife.
Good point that's who I sent the $$ to also

Quote:
More what? More crazy?
Old 12-12-2012, 8:51 PM

Third. It's unfortunate that we have to take his wife to small claims court, but I guess this way he doesn't have to disclose his FFL records because they aren't under his wife's name.
Old 12-12-2012, 9:34 PM

I've been quiet this entire time and would just talk to him through pm's. I have not been refunded and would like to be switched to the other list.... Not that it matters i guess since no one has received any contact or $$$$
Old 12-12-2012, 9:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmacpolo View Post
I've been quiet this entire time and would just talk to him through pm's. I have not been refunded and would like to be switched to the other list.... Not that it matters i guess since no one has received any contact or $$$$
Wow, so the "refunded" list contains people who weren't actually refunded?
Old 12-12-2012, 9:44 PM

ya ive asked him many times to switch me. The money was supposed to be used in his "store" that doesnt exist.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan000 View Post
If you suspect that it was a scam from the start, and he received payments via US mail, then he may have committed mail fraud.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/c...complaint.aspx

If you have his real name and personal details - and many victims complain - it should make it a pretty easy investigation for the inspector.

-- Michael
Old 12-13-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrex View Post
Agreed!
Old 12-13-2012, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSquid View Post
If you suspect that it was a scam from the start, and he received payments via US mail, then he may have committed mail fraud.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/c...complaint.aspx

If you have his real name and personal details - and many victims complain - it should make it a pretty easy investigation for the inspector.

-- Michael
Excellent point.
Old 12-13-2012, 8:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Oh yes, if the US MAIL was used believe me they hired all the Nazis from WWII. I got ripped off for $7 via US Mail and I reported it only as a matter of statistics, and they sent Louie the Legbreaker after the guy. The USPS does not kid around when it comes to using the mail to trip people off. From the copies of the paperwork I had seen I think the DMV and BATF would be easier to play ball with than the Postal Police. You can file a complaint online too, very easy.
Old 12-13-2012, 8:33 AM

Guess posting personal info is not allowed.... anyone who needs it can PM me though and I'll send along what was sent to me.
Cheers,
ed.
Old 12-13-2012, 8:55 AM
Veteran Member

I've had some professional dealings with the postal inspectors and they're very aggressive and appear to have too much free time on their hands. Definitely anybody who paid with a postal money order should consider contacting the post office.
Old 12-13-2012, 9:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Postal money order or even sending a personal check via US Mail. Id the payment was sent via US Mail you have recourse too. Now if you sent it PayPal gift, not so easy as US Mail is not in that loop.
Old 12-13-2012, 5:54 PM

I left a message on his youtube page lets see if that will get him to respond
Old 12-13-2012, 6:57 PM

Default Still Owed

I have been silent the entire time hoping this would be resolved, but as of yet no such luck. This was supposed to get taken care of by before Christmas and have yet to receive a refund as well and have sent multiple PM's as well as called with no response over the last month. I am also not on the list of people who are owed money, as Jason had said that we could take care of it. To bad I cant use this money to buy Christmas presents for my family.
Old 12-13-2012, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt010 View Post
I have been silent the entire time hoping this would be resolved, but as of yet no such luck. This was supposed to get taken care of by before Christmas and have yet to receive a refund as well and have sent multiple PM's as well as called with no response over the last month. I am also not on the list of people who are owed money, as Jason had said that we could take care of it. To bad I cant use this money to buy Christmas presents for my family.
I wonder how many people aren't on the list... We added up how much he stole based on the list, but how many side deals did he make? How much did he really steal, $10000?

Last edited by Dan000; 12-13-2012 at 7:04 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 7:06 PM
Veteran Member

So here's the list. Any chance the people coming out of the woodwork would be willing to mention the amounts?

B. Wong - $340
biscuitbarrel - $120
JCM - $130
Stryter - $230
Got amo? - $230
DiogiDoc - $230
ICONIC - $250
oazanki - $115
00Medic - $230
Libertus - $480
mikompc - $105
adam1856 - $200
pdq_wizzard - $460
edrex - $150
flynnjoe - $300
ramrodjan55 - $300
GSwain - $380
ArcherDog - $140
Dan000 - $245
Jel - $270
Patrickt010 - $???
bmacpolo - $???
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 AM

patrickt010 - $350
Old 12-14-2012, 4:29 PM

Jason is paying attention to his youtube page. He has blocked me from posting. The guy has burned the group and fled.
Old 12-14-2012, 5:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Not involved, but I do have experience collecting on debts. Do not use the small claims system. It will cost about 150 to file your case and you have to pay a process server to serve this guy the court docs, which runs around 150. Plus, you will have to file in the county he is located because that is where the "issue" took place. Small claims court takes ALL day, so add the cost of a missed work day. Once you win, you have a worthless paper judgement. I imagine no one has his social, so pinning it to his credit record isn't automatic and might not even happen.

I would recommend the postal fraud route to get some where.