Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 09-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

Default CZ82 Questions

Hey guys. I picked up my CZ82 yesterday, and got some good range time in with it. Its going to work out well for my purposes I think. Pretty cool little gun!

I do have some questions/concerns though I'm hoping you can help me with:

1) Carrying Condition 1 or 2? I've read comments here that say they were designed to be carried condition 1. Two things make me suspect that's not true: the police holster it came with has a thumb break with a strap that looks to me like it's designed for condition 2 only, and out of maybe 100 draws from that holster with it in condition 1, I *think* one of those draws disengaged the safety. I can't be sure, but I'm almost positive it clicked off while in the holster somehow (I will say this particular example's safety clicks off pretty easily. It doesn't take much force at all). I can say for sure that it was off when I presented to the target, and it wasn't because I did it. Any thoughts?

2) Does anyone have a link or source for tear down instructions? I want to take it all the way down to strip off the paint...

3) How best to strip off the paint? I don't have a media blaster unfortunately.

4) If the answer to 3 is media blast it (which I can't do since I dont have one), any suggestions on who to send it to for strip and refinish?

Thanks!

Last edited by BigJ; 09-09-2012 at 11:27 AM..
Old 09-09-2012, 11:21 AM

there is a guy on gun broker that did mine, he did a great job. I went with flat black. Ill post up some pics a little later.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Old 09-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds cool! Can you shoot me a link as well just to make sure we're talking about the same guy?

PS: Any issues shipping back and forth? Does he need to ship it back to an FFL or can he send it back to you direct?
Old 09-09-2012, 8:09 PM

From what I understand he has his ffl so shipping isn't an issue. I forgot he had also thrown on a new set of grip for me as well as painting them to match the pistol. He was cool during the whole process, with shipping and all that fun stuff took him a month. He completely tore down the cz, then painted, then reassembled. This is about 1000 rounds later and still holding up great. His contact email is txrichmond7@yahoo.com

Old 09-10-2012, 2:57 AM

Why is this in the gallery?
Old 09-10-2012, 7:10 AM
Veteran Member

Wups. My mistake.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:38 AM

It's DA so I'd carry condition 1 with the hammer down. Cover the firing pin with your left thumb and hold the hammer with your right. Pull and release the trigger then ease the hammer down. The CZ82 has an automatic saftey that blocks the hammer from the firing pin if the trigger is not rearward so it's not as unsafe as it sounds.

For dissassembly I used this guide:
http://myweb.cableone.net/leolani/cz...sassembly.html
All I needed was a 1/8" and 1/16" punch. Pretty easy except for getting the sear/ejector block/automatic safety assembled. Read the whole guide through once before starting dissassembly/reassembly.

Here's some pics:

Down to pins and springs

With his bigger brother

That's the one I picked up off of you BigJ, I filed down and reshaped the grips to make the mag release easier to hit then shot a few coats of spray paint on em. Lools good and the gun shoots great, except the rear sight is peened kinda far to the left so I'm gonna have to correct that when I get time.
Old 10-19-2012, 6:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirnus3000 View Post
there is a guy on gun broker that did mine, he did a great job. I went with flat black. Ill post up some pics a little later.
Cost???
Old 10-20-2012, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghauler View Post
Cost???
I think it was like $100-&125 or something like that I can't remember.
Old 10-20-2012, 6:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks for the info, that didn't include shipping correct? How much more was the shipping?
Old 10-20-2012, 6:39 PM

The cost covered shipping back to me buy not to him. I can't remember what it cost to shop to him.
Old 10-20-2012, 6:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was just wondering as last year I shipped a smaller, lighter handgun to a buyer back East and it cost me $70 through UPS!