Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-29-2012, 2:55 PM

How does this link work for multiple purchases? If I have a bunch of stuff in my cart or saved do i have to click the link each time then find the product and add to cart? Or is just going to the site through the link enough? Never understood affiliate links really and am about to spend a few bucks
Old 04-29-2012, 4:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatryan View Post
How does this link work for multiple purchases? If I have a bunch of stuff in my cart or saved do i have to click the link each time then find the product and add to cart? Or is just going to the site through the link enough? Never understood affiliate links really and am about to spend a few bucks
I've heard that it SHOULD work with items already in your cart.

NRA Member
SAF Member

Quote:
A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
Old 04-29-2012, 4:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

It's our understanding from the Amazon program's knowledge base that any items purchased after clicking the link *during that session* would be counted towards our affiliate account.

Also, we're at ~$3,600 thru April 28. One more shipping day!

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 04-29-2012, 5:12 PM

Sweet, well just ordered about $400 worth of fun gear Hope it shows up in the total!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 9:43 PM
Veteran Member

Oh geez, I spent a lot on amazon this year, and only just now found this link.... 15% would have added quite a bit. Well at least I know it now!

Bookmarked.

Last edited by Justintoxicated; 04-29-2012 at 9:45 PM..
Old 04-29-2012, 9:58 PM

Ordered all my reloading supplies and work bench from amazon with the Calguns link

Old 04-30-2012, 1:24 PM
Veteran Member

made another order more $$$ to calguns!

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

$3,850 through April 30, that should be close to final April numbers. Another new record - thank you everyone!

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 05-01-2012, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
$3,850 through April 30, that should be close to final April numbers. Another new record - thank you everyone!

-Brandon
It's amazing how much money this program is capable of bringing in.

-Brandon
Old 05-01-2012, 10:50 PM
(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
CGN Contributor

Just spent about $200 using the link. Hope we set a new record for May!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:22 AM

I almost always forget about this link. I spend too much time on Amazon NOT to do this...
::Facepalm::

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-02-2012, 7:25 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMalphunction View Post
I almost always forget about this link. I spend too much time on Amazon NOT to do this...
::Facepalm::
I've been doing the same thing. I finally made a shortcut in the favorite link bar at the top of the browser to remind me which has helped.
Old 05-03-2012, 7:59 AM
(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
CGN Contributor

Just spent another $62 using the link.

On average what percentage of our purchases is donated?
Old 05-03-2012, 3:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

~$350 through May 2.

-Brandon

Old 05-03-2012, 7:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoutxkastx View Post
Ordered all my reloading supplies and work bench from amazon with the Calguns link

I've been eyeing that work bench set up. Bought this for CGF today: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 New grill for summer. Going to add the smokenator in a bit.
Old 05-04-2012, 2:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

haha Thats this is actually pretty cool, since I buy stuff on amazon all the time. Actually I need to buy a cap and rotor for my mallory unilite distributor.
Old 05-04-2012, 4:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
It's our understanding from the Amazon program's knowledge base that any items purchased after clicking the link *during that session* would be counted towards our affiliate account.

Also, we're at ~$3,600 thru April 28. One more shipping day!

-Brandon
Key words being "during that session". This link has got to be bringing in a nontrivial amount of money to Amazon - they should be able to track how much profit they've received through this affiliate link. Given that, is there any chance of contacting them to request a persistent referral? Like many, my Amazon shopping habits are such that I collect items in my cart of a period of a few weeks and then pull the trigger on the purchase. I've got almost $100 worth of items in my cart now, but I won't be purchasing for another week at least. I'd like for a portion of my purchases to go toward the program (in fact I've been using the link every time I add something to my cart), but now that I re-read this it seems like they may not be.

Probably worth contacting Amazon and asking...
Old 05-05-2012, 11:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Good points. I'll see what options there are and what sort of workflows we can flesh out as covered under the program.

-Brandon

Old 05-06-2012, 5:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadyrock View Post
Key words being "during that session". Given that, is there any chance of contacting them to request a persistent referral? Like many, my Amazon shopping habits are such that I collect items in my cart of a period of a few weeks and then pull the trigger on the purchase. I've got almost $100 worth of items in my cart now, but I won't be purchasing for another week at least. I'd like for a portion of my purchases to go toward the program (in fact I've been using the link every time I add something to my cart), but now that I re-read this it seems like they may not be.

Probably worth contacting Amazon and asking...
Similar Amazon habits here. I've got a couple items in my cart, which I added while using the link. I will also try to use the link when I log in to check out, but wonder if the items already in the cart will count, since they came from a different session.
Old 05-06-2012, 6:08 AM

^ me too. need to buy a $150 monitor, $100 MS windows, and $45 RAM and it's been sitting in my cart for a while. used the link when i put it in there though.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:39 AM
I need a LIFE!!

steadyrock:

Quote:
How long do visitors have to add an item to their Shopping Cart after clicking on one of my Amazon links until I no longer earn advertising fees on their purchase?

In most cases, you earn advertising fees for visitors that come to an Amazon site and place any qualifying items in a customer's Shopping Cart within 24 hours of their arrival at most Amazon sites.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com. However, this 24-hour window for most Amazon sites and 30-day window for MyHabit.com will end before it expires once the customer submits his order or reenters Amazon.com through a Link that is not your Special Link. Once the window is closed, you will not earn advertising fees on any subsequent purchases. However, if the customer then returns to Amazon.com through one of your Special Links, this opens a new 24-hour window for most Amazon sites or 30-day window for MyHabit.com.

It is of course possible that a customer may arrive at an Amazon site (including MyHabit.com) via your Special Link, add an item to his Shopping Cart, and then leave Amazon.com or MyHabit.com without placing an order. As long as the item was added to the customer's Shopping Cart during this 24-hour window for Amazon.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com, you will still earn an advertising fee if the order is placed before the Shopping Cart expires (usually after 90 days). The advertising fee will not be credited to your Associates account until the customer has purchased the item, accepted delivery, and remitted full payment to Amazon.com. For complete details, see the Operating Agreement

Old 05-07-2012, 7:22 AM
Veteran Member

Huh never quite understoood the whole affiliate thing until now. CalGuns really needs to promote this link when you get closer to Back to School. Last year alone for two private highschool students and 1 college student our family purchased around $2000 dollars in books, clothes,school supplies and other items for the year. I am sure that there is probably thousands of CalGun families that might do the same. Wasn't even aware of this link until now. Guess I need to look in the sticky section more often.

Does Amazon tell you on your receipt how much went to your affiliate?

Got to be a better way to communicate this program other than word of mouth and happenstance, like a big giant Calguns Amazon button. I just saw the link on the Calguns Foundation thread.

Last edited by FatCity67; 05-07-2012 at 7:32 AM..
Old 05-07-2012, 1:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Great ideas, and thanks for the support!

-Brandon

p.s. $790 thru 5/6/12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCity67 View Post
Huh never quite understoood the whole affiliate thing until now. CalGuns really needs to promote this link when you get closer to Back to School. Last year alone for two private highschool students and 1 college student our family purchased around $2000 dollars in books, clothes,school supplies and other items for the year. I am sure that there is probably thousands of CalGun families that might do the same. Wasn't even aware of this link until now. Guess I need to look in the sticky section more often.

Does Amazon tell you on your receipt how much went to your affiliate?

Got to be a better way to communicate this program other than word of mouth and happenstance, like a big giant Calguns Amazon button. I just saw the link on the Calguns Foundation thread.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Banned

going to buy some ipad cases....using calguns link

Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

~$975 thru 5/7.

-BC

Old 05-08-2012, 1:41 PM

Quote:
~$975 thru 5/7.

-BC
That's great! Does that mean things will go through the court system faster?
Old 05-08-2012, 6:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Grilling accessories ordered!
Old 05-08-2012, 6:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmca View Post
That's great! Does that mean things will go through the court system faster?
Heh.

-Brandon

Old 05-08-2012, 9:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
steadyrock:
Cool - thanks. Adding a couple more items now, in fact.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

$1,100 thru 5/8/12.

-Brandon

Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 AM

wish i knew about this before. i buy almost everything through amazon.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Very Nice Honey Badger

Why don't we ALL post the Amazon "Link" in all of our our sigs? Such as Brandon (and I) have done (me, a copy cat, yeah...)

That way everyone will see it, and make it easier to click through?

(Pardon me if that has been mentioned previously, too busy shopping on Amazon & lerking on CG's, LOL)

DO NOT Use Amazon Smile! Use Shop42A.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontJames View Post
I guess it depends on what your definition of law breaking is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Here, let me Google that for you ... :)

No, no, that would be cruel.

Last edited by chiselchst; 05-10-2012 at 12:21 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiselchst View Post
Why don't we ALL post the Amazon "Link" in all of our our sigs? Such as Brandon (and I) have done (me, a copy cat, yeah...)

(Pardon me if that has been mentioned previously, too busy shopping on Amazon & lerking on CG's, LOL)
That's a great idea -- will do

Worked for me this morning as I bought some Salomon Speedcross 3's for USPSA and was able to contribute to CGF at the same time
Old 05-10-2012, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiselchst View Post

Yep, great idea. All set.
Old 05-10-2012, 1:12 PM

Amazon has been my first go to on-line shop lately. I'm glad they help out our cause!
Originally Posted by zfields View Post
9mm might expand but .45 never shrinks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Constitutional rights are not dependent on your neighbors' opinions'.
If you shop at Amazon.com please use the link below. A portion of your purchase goes to CGF.
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

~$1380 thru 5/10.

-Brandon

Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 AM

$125 in surefire goodies today through the link
Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 PM

So we are in the clear adding the link to our sigs right? Just did it, so hopefully its all good
Old 05-13-2012, 11:52 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sandman View Post
So we are in the clear adding the link to our sigs right? Just did it, so hopefully its all good
Looks awesome to me, thank you!

$1738 thru 5/12.

-Brandon

Old 05-13-2012, 7:35 PM

$150+, today, for a couple gun and magazine holsters.