Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:41 AM

I dont get it palmetto state armory will ship ammo to exempt persons but will not ship reloading components? Will they ship reloading components to expempt people?
Old 01-12-2011, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
I dont get it palmetto state armory will ship ammo to exempt persons but will not ship reloading components? Will they ship reloading components to expempt people?
Likely yes, but I suggest checking with them to make sure. Inconsistencies in responses from vendors are bound to occur.

I have updated the list as well.

The 2nd Amendment - The Original Homeland Security

WTB Colt Woodsman's, WWI/II 1911's, Walthers: P4 or P38 / IV (German or French), PP Super .380, PPK (German or French), TP, TPH (German only), S&W 547 9mm, Any DA .22 Magnum revolver. Colt .22 Diamondbacks, Courier, Banker's Spl.

FREE NRA FREEDOM ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP - CLICK BELOW
https://www.nrahq.org/FreedomAssoc/default.asp
Old 01-15-2011, 2:19 PM
Veteran Member

The information about ammoman.com is unfortunately incorrect. See http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=384828

They will not be shipping any ammunition to CA until they get some kind of official list.
Old 01-15-2011, 3:10 PM

sportmans guide NOT shipping ANY loaded ammo to CA. Were did that info. come from let me know thanks.
Old 01-16-2011, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4funca View Post
sportmans guide NOT shipping ANY loaded ammo to CA. Were did that info. come from let me know thanks.
I just got a call from Sportsman's Guide today for some backordered ammo that will no longer be shipped to me. I stated I have an exemption via a C&R 03 and CA DOJ issued Certificate of Eligibility. The rep. said it was a corporate decision to not ship ANY ammunition to California and that they were not aware of any exemptions. (I guess the rank & file LEO's won't be mail ordering any hunting ammo any time soon from Sportsman's).

WTB Colt Woodsman's, WWI/II 1911's, Walthers: P4 or P38 / IV (German or French), PP Super .380, PPK (German or French), TP, TPH (German only), S&W 547 9mm, Any DA .22 Magnum revolver. Colt .22 Diamondbacks, Courier, Banker's Spl.

Old 01-17-2011, 8:44 AM

Default Ammunition to go is a no-go!

E-mailed Ammunition to go. They won't honor the exemption:

We will cease shipping to CA on the 24th of this month.
----- Original Message -----
To: ammunitiontogo
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 8:50 AM
Subject: California ammo sales question

Hello...

I've read on CALGUNS.NET that your company will honor the C&R / COE exemption of AB962. Can you please verify this? If so, what method of delivery do you accept (fax, snail mail, scan)?

Thank you,
kdm
Old 01-17-2011, 12:34 PM

Looks like someone got them to change their minds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemaze View Post
Re: Ammunition Sales to CA after 2/1/11
Ammunition To Go - Sales <sales@ammunitiontogo.com>
Add to Contacts
To: Beemaze

bullets.jpg (15KB) View Image
Yes sir, we will continue shipping to CA until we or told otherwise.

Ammunition To Go - For all of your Ammunition needs!
Ph: (979) 277-9676
Fax: (979) 277-9959
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm View Post
E-mailed Ammunition to go. They won't honor the exemption:

We will cease shipping to CA on the 24th of this month.
----- Original Message -----
To: ammunitiontogo
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 8:50 AM
Subject: California ammo sales question

Hello...

I've read on CALGUNS.NET that your company will honor the C&R / COE exemption of AB962. Can you please verify this? If so, what method of delivery do you accept (fax, snail mail, scan)?

Thank you,
kdm

Old 01-18-2011, 8:19 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Midsouth Shooters Supply said they will honor the C&R FFL with a COE as did J&G Sales. Ammoman is not shipping any ammo to California until he has heard otherwise, same as Cabelas and MidwayUSA.

http://www.5arrowstactical.com/
Follow us on Twitter here. YouTube channel available here. Like us on Facebook here. and on Instagram here.
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor / NRA Personal Protection (Inside & Outside) the Home Instructor / Metallic & Shotgun Reloading / Range Safety Officer
UT / FL / VA / OR / AZ CCW Instructor
Semper Fidelis to all my fellow and former Marines!
Ps 144:1
Old 01-18-2011, 8:42 AM

tag

Proud Contributing Member:
Old 01-18-2011, 11:50 AM
In Memoriam

I just spoke to Dave at BuffaloArms (rare, obscure ammo) this morning and he said that they WILL STILL SELL TO CA residents and will be reading through the laws to determine which calibers are still legal and illegal to sell here. He was very knowledgeable and friendly and we chatted about the new law for a while and I explained the exemption for people with a C&R and COE, etc. which he hadn't heard about. All in all, they seem like they will remain very CA friendly after the 31st and should be added to the list.

Does anyone know if there's a nice, simple, bullet-pointed list of the new regs and restrictions that I can send them (kind of like the AW flowchart)? If not, I'd be willing to put in the time to create one so we have a nice, easy reference chart to send to companies who are uncertain of the new regs.

-~D~-
Old 01-18-2011, 11:52 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datamancer View Post
I just spoke to Dave at BuffaloArms (rare, obscure ammo) this morning and he said that they WILL STILL SELL TO CA residents and will be reading through the laws to determine which calibers are still legal and illegal to sell here. He was very knowledgeable and friendly and we chatted about the new law for a while and I explained the exemption for people with a C&R and COE, etc. which he hadn't heard about. All in all, they seem like they will remain very CA friendly after the 31st and should be added to the list.

Does anyone know if there's a nice, simple, bullet-pointed list of the new regs and restrictions that I can send them (kind of like the AW flowchart)? If not, I'd be willing to put in the time to create one so we have a nice, easy reference chart to send to companies who are uncertain of the new regs.

-~D~-
Hey Guys,

This is all a moot point as AB962 was struck down in court today.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=385930&page=3
-- I love the mythological significance given to Dum Dum Bullets. As if they're little tactical nukes, stacked up in "Assault Clips" ready to be "sprayfired" "from the hip" by pistol grip equipped "bullet hoses" instead of early variations of the softpoint bullets people have been using to take game with (and use for self-defense) for the last century.

Last edited by Fiveohmike; 01-18-2011 at 12:32 PM..
Old 01-18-2011, 12:29 PM

In light of today's big news regarding AB 962 being struck down, i think this list is still very useful. It reminds us of which companies actually bothered to read the proposed law and try to continue to sell to us in CA.

I, for one, will give them my business. The others (especially those that imposed additional restrictions on reloading stuff)? Eh, not so much...

Thanks again NRA, CRPA & CGF!
Old 01-18-2011, 1:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefbeef View Post
In light of today's big news regarding AB 962 being struck down, i think this list is still very useful. It reminds us of which companies actually bothered to read the proposed law and try to continue to sell to us in CA.

I, for one, will give them my business. The others (especially those that imposed additional restrictions on reloading stuff)? Eh, not so much...

Totally agree with you there. This thread ought to be preserved to show us which companies decided to grief us and which actually gave two craps about doing business and understanding what we face every day.
It's only fair to support those who support you, after all.
My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksandreCz View Post
Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563
Old 01-18-2011, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter View Post
Totally agree with you there. This thread ought to be preserved to show us which companies decided to grief us and which actually gave two craps about doing business and understanding what we face every day.
It's only fair to support those who support you, after all.
My thought exactly!

I won't be making any purchases from those who would not support us!

www.thearmedcitizen.com
In an unarmed society, the armed criminal is king.
Old 01-18-2011, 5:39 PM

Quote:

agreed, not going to do a few business with a few of those companies for a while. Others i never did business with so i don't really care. I wouldn't mind and spend a little more with places that stood by our side!

Old 01-18-2011, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datamancer View Post

-~D~-
It's all moot for now, but here's a start:

http://www.ab962.org/ReadAB962.aspx

And yes, may this list in it's most recent edited form remind us of our who our "friends" really are!

Old 01-18-2011, 9:22 PM

Wideners was going to ship both components and rifle ammo. Even in light of the the stupid law being struck down. They will still get my money.
Old 01-18-2011, 9:33 PM

CTD actually helped us out on this cause, part of the strategy involved them stopping all ammo shipments, so Im not sure about leaving them where they are, I will certainly order ammo from them to thank them for their support. (Problems others have had with them over other items can be up to them to deal with IMO), but as far as ammo is concerned, because they supported the fight against AB962, I will buy at least that from them.

Also, Cabella's was only not going to ship handgun ammo according to their website, catalog, direct mail, email, and flyers, nothing about all ammo being denied.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:

Add me to that list. Not only will I not buy ammo from the retailers that abandoned us I will not buy anything from them, period.

For the ones that stuck with us? You've got my money friends!
-Acts 2:44-45
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
-Matthew 19:24
Old 01-19-2011, 9:52 AM

Default Ammo ban unconstitutional Court Ruling 1-18-11

Subject: California Court Strikes Down Ammunition Law!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 1659 -0800

Right on!

California Court Strikes Down Ammunition Law! In an important victory for California gun owners, the Fresno Superior Court ruled today that California's new ammunition regulation law is unconstitutional, and blocked further enforcement.

The law, passed last year as AB 962, would have banned mail order ammunition sales and required all purchases of so called "handgun ammunition" to be registered. In an unwritten ruling from the bench, Judge Jeffrey Hamilton found the law unconstitutionally vague on its face and issued an injunction against its enforcement. For now, at least, mail order ammunition sales to California residents can continue, and ammunition sales need not be registered under the law.

The lawsuit-funded by the National Rifle Association and the California Rifle and Pistol (CRPA) Foundation as part of a joint Legal Action Project-was prompted in part by the many objections and questions raised by confused police, ammunition purchasers, and sellers about what ammunition is covered by the new law. Plaintiffs in the case include Tehama County Sheriff Clay Parker, the CRPA Foundation, Herb Bauer Sporting Goods, ammunition shipper Able's Ammo, collectible ammunition shipper RTG Sporting Collectibles, and individual Steven Stonecipher. Mendocino Sheriff Tom Allman also supported the lawsuit.

The ruling comes just days before the ban on mail order sales of so called "handgun ammunition" was set to take effect. Many of the nation's largest mail-order and online ammunition retailers had already announced that they would soon end sales to California residents. If the law had gone into effect, it would have required that "handgun ammunition" be stored out of the reach of customers, that ammunition vendors collect ammunition sales registration information and thumbprints from purchasers, and that vendors conduct transactions face to face for all deliveries and transfers of "handgun ammunition."

Fortunately, the court agreed that AB 962 is unconstitutionally vague on its face because it fails to provide sufficient legal notice of what ammunition cartridges are "principally for use in a handgun," and therefore regulated as "handgun ammunition" under AB 962. The law gives no explanation of how to determine what cartridges are "principally for use in" handguns.

The state is likely to appeal this important victory, and anti-gun lawmakers in Sacramento will undoubtedly try again to destroy lawful ammunition sales in California. Only the ongoing support and activism of California gun owners can block those efforts, so please watch your e-mail alerts and visit www.nraila.org <http://www.nraila.org/> for updates on this critically important issue.

NRAILA.org <http://www.nraila.org/>

Write Your Representative <http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/>

Write The Media <http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/media/>

Get Involved Locally <http://www.nraila.org/ActionCenter/GetInvolvedLocally/>

Register To Vote <https://ssl.capwiz.com/nra/e4/nvra/?action=form>

Contribute <https://secure.nraila.org/Contribute.aspx>

Follow NRA-ILA
<http://www.nraila.org/XML> <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2246211058>
<http://twitter.com/NRAILA/> <http://www.myspace.com/nationalrifleassociation>

<http://www.youtube.com/user/NRAVideos>
<http://www.nraila.org/nrau/>

Please do not reply to this email as you will not receive a response. This email is a broadcast email generated by an automated system. To contact NRA-ILA call 800-392-8683.
Address: 11250 Waples Mill Road Fairfax, Virginia 22030

If you wish to be removed from this list please click this link and you will be removed immediately:

http://www.ilaalerts.org/UM/U.asp?B1.2.9653.4584421* Please note: In their efforts to curb SPAM, many ISPs, servers and SPAM filters treat legitimate and legal bulk emails as SPAM. In order to ensure you receive NRA-ILA email alerts in a timely manner, please adjust your SPAM settings to accept bulk emails from the "nraila.org" and "ilaalerts.org" domains. Otherwise, there is a possibility that our email alerts will not make it to your inbox.

NRAILA.org <http://www.nraila.org/> | Current Legislation <http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal> | Get Involved Locally <http://www.nraila.org/ActionCenter/GetInvolvedLocally/Default.aspx> | Register To Vote <https://ssl.capwiz.com/nra/e4/nvra/>
Contribute <https://secure.nraila.org/Contribute.aspx> | Edit Your Profile <https://secure.nraila.org/EditProfile/login.aspx>

------ End of Forwarded Message
Old 01-19-2011, 9:56 AM

I have an idea..for those companies like Bass Pro who were not going to ship ammo to CA even before the ban was to take effect, which I personally called them to try and order ammo and was told that they would not ship to CA.
LETS STOP BUYING FROM THEM AND MAYBE WE CAN SEND THEM A MESSAGE..!!! We need to drive prices back down to a reasonable level.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:33 AM

My Cabela's catalog and Midway flyers both stated that they could no longer sell HANDGUN ammo after 1/21/11. I believe they were still going to sell rifle ammo. I'll continue to deal with them.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:20 PM

So, has anyone emailed these companies yet about the good news? (we can leave some in the dark )

Old 01-19-2011, 1:00 PM

wow, i just started emailing some retailers, Right after i emailed Aimsurplus, within 1 min, i got a response as i was emailing another retailer. Talk about fast responses. Anyways I'm sure they were getting flooded with emails and someone happened to be checking their inbox because of it. =]

Old 01-19-2011, 1:52 PM

Ammunition to go Good to go for California
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/
Cheaper than dirt show no restriction to ca on 9mm but no notice that shipping has resumed
Old 01-21-2011, 11:56 PM

Guess this is null now huh?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:57 AM

Default How 'bout Abel's?

Abel's Ammo was one of the plaintiffs that helped get this bill overturned. I think they should be on the "Goodguys" list!

"The lawsuit was prompted in part by the many objections and questions raised by confused police, ammunition purchasers, and sellers about what ammunition is covered by the new laws created by AB 962. In a highly unusual move that reflects growing law enforcement opposition to ineffective gun control laws, Tehama County Sheriff Clay Parker is the lead plaintiff in the lawsuit. Other plaintiffs include the CRPA Foundation, Herb Bauer Sporting Goods, ammunition shipper Able’s Ammo, collectible ammunition shipper RTG Sporting Collectibles, and individual Steven Stonecipher. Mendocino Sheriff Tom Allman also supported the lawsuit."
Old 04-20-2011, 10:19 AM

SG Ammo is great! Made two purchases recently, arrived promptly without a hitch
Old 05-10-2011, 7:40 PM

interesting i just purchased shotgun ammo of different flavors from ammuntion to go with no problem. i got it last week. placed the order 4 days before that. just in time for my b-day shootout on 05/05/2011
Old 05-10-2011, 7:51 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Gander Mountain will not ship reloading components to CA. They do ship ammo though.

Deal of the Week - Updated Every Monday

http://www.alliedbrassprocessing.com/
Professional Brass Processing Service of your 223/5.56, 300 AAC Blackout and 9MM brass at an affordable price
PM me about local dropoff and pickups
Old 05-23-2011, 4:44 PM

I just placed an order with Surplus Ammo and talked to a representative that assured me that are are indeed still shipping to CA.

They are currently listed as not shipping live ammo to CA and that should be updated.
Old 05-23-2011, 4:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkwong11 View Post
I just placed an order with Surplus Ammo and talked to a representative that assured me that are are indeed still shipping to CA.

They are currently listed as not shipping live ammo to CA and that should be updated.
Yes they are now but back when AB962 was going to go into effect they were not going to ship any ammo to us.

The OP should really come and clean this thread up though since it no longer applies.
Old 06-20-2011, 6:50 AM

jack ross ammo ships to CA. www.jackrossammo.com
Old 06-20-2011, 8:46 PM

Let the prisioners free in a Broke State, implement Laws that cost big bucks to enforce and take our ammo away while the rapists are free on the streets.
What a Sick State Indeed!
Totally Insane politicans in office,Cut thier jobs . Get rid of the Nanny Politicans.
Old 06-22-2011, 7:44 PM

Ammoman.com will ship free to Ca! Ive ordered from them 3 times. Just recieved some yesterday! They will not ship to LA or a few other restricted Ca cities but they are on the level!
Old 06-22-2011, 8:03 PM
Veteran Member

Good lord this thread needs to be locked.

As for ammoman make sure you check their pricing as they really do not
Have free shipping as it is added into their pricing and you can find better pricing
with a little shopping.
Old 12-03-2011, 6:43 PM

Do not know if your topic is still relevant but-Cabela's does ship shotgun ammo to CA. I will be ordering more in a day or so because they have free shipping.
Old 12-03-2011, 7:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
Do not know if your topic is still relevant but-Cabela's does ship shotgun ammo to CA. I will be ordering more in a day or so because they have free shipping.
No longer relevant, since this thread was about AB962 the ammo ban. Which is irrelevant now.
Old 12-10-2011, 8:16 PM

Default ss190 ammo

I'm new at this so I might night be in right area of site but I would like to buy some ss 190 ammo for my new F.N.p-90 rifle. If anyone can point me in right direction please e mail me at Jonathanwhtwrth@yahoo.com thank you.
Old 12-18-2011, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemaze View Post
I'm trying to start a list of CA friendly ammunition dealers (and the non friendly ones too). The list is not intended to badmouth one particular dealer or another, but more to see who is willing to listen and deal with CA's idiotic ammunition law and others who simply don't want to deal period.

So far this is what I have confirmed:

Willing to ship rifle ammunition to CA (whatever rifle ammunition is defined as):

BuffaloArms
Century International Arms
Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP)
Dan's Sporting Goods
Exile Machine LLC
Georgia Arms
Glen's Outdoors
Graf & Sons
J&G Sales
Midsouth Shooters Supply
Military Shooters
RM Ammo
SG Ammo

Willing to ship handgun ammo (and rifle) to "exempt" citizens of CA (i.e. C&R FFL holders with CA DOJ COE, LEO's, CA FFL's):

Century International Arms
Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP)
Dan's Sporting Goods
Exile Machine LLC
Georgia Arms
Graf & Sons
J&G Sales
Midsouth Shooters Supply
Military Shooters
Palmetto State Armory

NOT shipping ANY loaded ammo to CA:

Ammoman.com
Ammunition To Go
Cabela's
Cheaper than Dirt
Dillon Precision
MidwayUSA
Powder Valley Inc.
Sportsman's Guide
Surplus Ammo
USA Ammo

Will not ship reloading components to California:

Cheaper Than Dirt
Dillon Precision (Bullets (projectiles))
Palmetto State Armory

Please add to the list as you confirm with each vendor or have some sort of written statement or advert. I'll try to maintain it over time. Also, if you have information contrary to the above list, please provide documentation.
Beezman.. Ammunition togo will sell ammunition to parts of california Except LA/SF. i orded 7.62X54 ammo from them and they shipped it to my house in san bernardino county

1915 Curved Logo New England Westinghouse M91
Undated Bohler-Stahl stepped barrel M24
1929 Izhevsk Dragoon Finn
1931 Tikka M27, 1897 Sestroryetsk Receiver
1934 Sako M28/30
1939 Erfurter Maschinenfabrik (ERMA) Mauser 98k
1944 Izhevsk PU Sniper (Original)
1954 CMP HRA Service Grade Special M1 Garand