Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 2:39 PM
Veteran Member

Default FRESNO CITY/COUNTY CCW, UTAH/Florida/Arizona Classes ALL the Time

3/15/2012- Updating this post. Fresno City has relaxed its standard for the good cause reason. Call and talk to Ed at the Fresno CCW Unit for more information Ph 559-276-6056. The appeal of applying with Fresno City will be shorter length to complete the process. Must be a Fresno City Resident to apply.

If you take my Utah class, for $20 extra get the complete Arizona aplication and get printed for it also. Arizona permit good in Nevada.
Never taken a class with me, then the Application and your prints for Arizona is $40.00.

I am a Fresno City/County and the other areas approved Instructor for the Calif. permit.
I normally conduct this training at the Peace Officers Range here in Fresno.
As this class typically turns into a basic firearms instruction course, I tend to spend more time on the range then classroom. This is not to say that the proper amount of time spent on the law, just that getting on the range and spending time drawing/moving/shooting is very important to me.
I charge $100.00 for the initial training. Re-certs are usually $50.00.
Call to apply:
Fresno S.O for county applicants- 488-3083
Fresno City applicants- 276-6056

I also offer the Utah here at the shop most days. This just means call me, make an appointment, and we will sit down and go through the material.
When you leave, you will have EVRYTHING done! Yes, Fingerprints/Passport/xerox copy of DL/App./Envelope to send it in.
Along with the Florida app. given to you.
Cost is $100.00 total to me. Not including fees paid to Utah or Florida.

If you are three or more, call me, and let me know when you want to have the class, early morning or late eve. Otherwise, it must be Mon-Fri 10:00 am till 6:00 pm and possibly a Sat.
Call me 486-1361

I also offer certification of HSC Instructors. So, if you would like to issue HSC Cards, order HSC supplys and become a Handgun Safety Certificate Intstructor, you can call me and make an appointment for the class. Its several hours and the cost is $100.00.
I will give you the application, order form, and other related forms for you to send in.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=582580

Sorry - locking this thread until you can sign up as a paying vendor.. Turby

Last edited by Turbinator; 06-11-2012 at 2:19 PM..
Old 12-23-2010, 3:19 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmmm...

I wonder if you can tell me... We will be (soon) applying to other counties for our CCWs (eg; Alameda, CoCo, etc. when given the go ahead by those at the head of the Sunshine Initiative). Will this training cover the other counties when it's "time to apply" to certain other counties? How long is a CA training cert good until we need another one?

Erik.
Old 12-23-2010, 4:14 PM
Veteran Member

All excellent questions.
You generally will be given a list of Approved Instructors for that County you apply in.
My Lesson Plan for Fresno County is the same for all the others I am approved for Instruction.
I had to apply to those other Countys to be an Instructor.
I could certainly contact other counties and see if I could be put on their list, but then why, as generally the clients would then have to travel to my area to take the class.
The initial class is 6 hours for my area, with a 4 hour follow up needed every two years to re-cert. Typically, we see CCW permit holders having to re-new every two years in my area.
In my area, shooting is needed as a part of the class.
Old 03-12-2011, 8:12 AM
Veteran Member

Making the effort to get back on the First page.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Default Saturday 23rd Utah Class 9AM Visalia

I will be holding a Utah/Florida Class at the Visalia Sportsmen Club.Visalia Sportmens Club
9 AM is the time.
I as usual will be doing Photo/Fingerprints/Complete App/Florida App for the price to me of $100.00

This class is already happening, so come on out and join us if you choose.
Old 12-18-2011, 4:24 PM
Veteran Member

Wow, this is a little old..
I brought it back to insure the most current info in here. See the top post for information.
Old 12-19-2011, 3:52 PM

If I understand correctly, you do the Fresno cert, Utah and Florida for a total of $100?

The Fresno PD requirement, so far as I can tell is 8 hours, which includes 100 rounds through each gun. Do I have that correct?

Are there additional range fees? Are you a police officer?

thanks in advance!
Old 12-27-2011, 8:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lives_In_Fresno View Post
If I understand correctly, you do the Fresno cert, Utah and Florida for a total of $100?

The Fresno PD requirement, so far as I can tell is 8 hours, which includes 100 rounds through each gun. Do I have that correct?

Are there additional range fees? Are you a police officer?

thanks in advance!
Hmmm.....Still waiting on an answer to the above, since I will likely need a class soon....
Old 01-15-2012, 1:11 AM
Veteran Member

Just to add something to this thread, when you call Ed at fresno pd he asks why you need one. If you say self defense and nothing else, he will tell you he needs more than that. I'm sure they have relaxed their rules but don't count on just writing self defense, be ready to add a little more.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

My apologies for my lack of attention to this thread I created. I wrongly assume members will PM me for any addtional information.

The information on how much I charge and for what, is in the first post in this thread.

Quote:
I am a Fresno City/County and the other areas approved Instructor for the Calif. permit.
I normally conduct this training at the Peace Officers Range here in Fresno.
As this class typically turns into a basic firearms instruction course, I tend to spend more time on the range then classroom. This is not to say that the proper amount of time spent on the law, just that getting on the range and spending time drawing/moving/shooting is very important to me.
I charge $100.00 for the initial training. Re-certs are usually $50.00.
Call to apply:
Fresno S.O for county applicants- 488-3083
Fresno City applicants- 276-6056
Quote:
I also offer the Utah here at the shop most days. This just means call me, make an appointment, and we will sit down and go through the material.
When you leave, you will have EVRYTHING done! Yes, Fingerprints/Passport/xerox copy of DL/App./Envelope to send it in.
Along with the Florida app. given to you.
Cost is $100.00 total to me. Not including fees paid to Utah or Florida

Please insure to PM me for a much faster response. I do not often check this thread as I am off in other areas of this wonderful site.

Last edited by Matt P; 03-15-2012 at 11:04 AM..
Old 03-15-2012, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
My apologies for my lack of attention to this thread I created. I wrongly assume members will PM me for any addtional information.

The information on how much I charge and for what, is in the first post in this thread.

Please insure to PM me for a much faster response. I do not often check this thread as I am off in other areas of this wonderful site.
Perhaps you might subscribe to your own thread. That way, you'd get an email when people post in it.

Asking your potential customers to go through hoops to get to you might also allow them to go elsewhere. I speak with experience in this matter.

Enjoy!
Old 03-19-2012, 9:09 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you for that suggestion. Those who know me, have become aware of how much value I place on your hard earned training dollars spent with me. I have the responsibility to do everything I can so that you feel fantastic/confident that you picked me! If I do my part, you will certainly know that I take care of those who take care of me.

.....Now, how do I subscribe to my own thread.......................Hmmmm......... Ohh. Got it.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:27 PM

Default Arizona

Are you doing any arizona ccw classes?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Yes. Please PM me for details.

Last edited by Matt P; 06-07-2012 at 9:17 AM..
Closed Thread