Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-25-2010, 2:27 PM

Gray & CSDGuy, thx for the clarification.
Old 10-25-2010, 3:37 PM
CalGuns Truth Squad
CGN Contributor

If you already have a CCW in another California county, why do you need another? Are your current permits restricted to the county off issue only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Calling tomorrow to set up an appointment. I've have CCW's in two other counties in California, and I don't remember it being quite this crazy. Oh well, I guess if you want the thing, you'll do what you have to do.
Old 10-25-2010, 3:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

No and no.
Old 10-25-2010, 4:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
If you already have a CCW in another California county, why do you need another? Are your current permits restricted to the county off issue only?
I suspect he meant "I've had" rather than "I've have" meaning the others were obtained in the past and are no longer valid.
650-315-2210
http://CoyotePointArmory.com
Old 10-25-2010, 5:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Since the last part of his questions asks if it's only valid in the county of issue, I read it otherwise. Nevermind.

Last edited by harbinger007; 12-19-2010 at 7:22 PM..
Old 10-25-2010, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
The Sacramento page on CGF.org has been updated with the details of the process as we currently know them. If you have newer data, please post here so we can vet and update:
http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.p...122-sacramento

-Gene

This may be a dumb question. Do you have to be a resident of the SAC county to obtain a CCW?

A frustrated LA county resident.

Weekender.
Florida / Utah / Nevada CCW holder

Last edited by Weekender; 10-25-2010 at 6:30 PM.. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 10-25-2010, 6:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If you work in Sacramento County or spend a significant amount of time here, I've read that you could be granted a CCW here but it would only be valid for 90 days LA is too crowded. Move north! :P
Old 10-25-2010, 6:54 PM
Veteran Member

To get a standard 2 year CCW, yes, you have to be a resident of the County. 90 day CCW licenses are apparently quite rare... and they're valid only in the county where they were issued.
Old 10-26-2010, 4:23 PM

Thumbs up

LiveScan performed on 10/18.
I called the 24-hour Automated Telephone Service at 916-227-4557 today just to see how it works. You just need your ATI number on the bottom of your LiveScan form. The ATI number should be in the following sequence: 1 LETTER; 3 NUMBERS; 3 LETTERS and 3 NUMBERS.
I'm expecting my results letter this week, it certainly shouldn't take any longer, if I understood the recording correctly, as both the DOJ and the FBI returned results back on the same day the scan was performed. Training class this weekend.
Old 10-26-2010, 6:36 PM

What can disqualify you from obtaining a CCW? Misdemeanor? Any Felony, or just those already prohibiting you from owning guns?
Old 10-26-2010, 7:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by surpip View Post
What can disqualify you from obtaining a CCW? Misdemeanor? Any Felony, or just those already prohibiting you from owning guns?
We'll know more when some folks get denied and we hear about it, but this post by Gene should help: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=169
Old 10-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger007 View Post
Since the last part of his questions asks if it's only valid in the county of issue, I read it otherwise.
huh?
650-315-2210
Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surpip View Post
Generally, with some exceptions, those items listed on the standard application as prohibiting conditions.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 10-27-2010, 8:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
huh?
Sorry, I got mixed up on who you were responding to.

Last edited by harbinger007; 10-27-2010 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: Finally figured out the source of my confusion....doh
Old 10-28-2010, 3:41 PM

So if someone was in a physical altercation 15 or so years ago, and was charged/convicted with either battery or assault; that person should forget about applying?

Last edited by Ajcrash; 10-28-2010 at 5:06 PM..
Old 10-28-2010, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb7706 View Post
Now that you mention it you are correct. 12052 does state that once an agency has your live scan it cannot require a new one. I stand corrected. Not sure what would drive the 30 day thing, but then again that letter has other issues too.

SSD will not comply with PC 12052(b). I am exempt from the LiveScan requirement per that section (I was a prior recipient of an SSD CCW) and Amber said too bad, do it anyway.

So I did it anyway.

LiveScan - 10/22
DOJ completed - 10/25

Semper Fi!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Wow, must have been the way you looked at her! Was your prior CCW fairly recent so that it used the current LiveScan system? This isn't a big enough issue to mount a big legal fight over, but I don't understand why they would push this way.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:05 PM

Default Location question?

I'm up in Folsom. We're part of Sac County, but also our own incorporated city. Would I end up going through the same process as any other Sac County resident?
Old 10-29-2010, 1:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainmaile View Post
I'm up in Folsom. We're part of Sac County, but also our own incorporated city. Would I end up going through the same process as any other Sac County resident?
Yes. City residents are not treated any differently. Please email Amber for an appointment.
Old 10-29-2010, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
Yes. City residents are not treated any differently. Please email Amber for an appointment.
Thank you very much, Gray. I'll be emailing her ASAP.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinger007 View Post
Wow, must have been the way you looked at her! Was your prior CCW fairly recent so that it used the current LiveScan system? This isn't a big enough issue to mount a big legal fight over, but I don't understand why they would push this way.

I don't think so, I was nice to her!

I talked to Gray about this recently and he eluded to something along those lines after I get the permit issued.

Semper Fi!

Old 10-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
I don't think so, I was nice to her!

I talked to Gray about this recently and he eluded to something along those lines after I get the permit issued.
Exactly. Best to not cause a major fight before permit is issued. Get licensed issue, then just file a financial claim. Get your self defense first.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
Exactly. Best to not cause a major fight before permit is issued. Get licensed issue, then just file a financial claim. Get your self defense first.

Semper Fi!

Old 10-31-2010, 8:36 PM

Section 3 on the application --Descriptions of Weapons
What if I currently do not own any firearms that I would like to carry? Can I leave it blank or do I have to at least purchase one and put on the list prior to submit my application? Can I add 3 or 4 more pistols of my choice once I received my CCW?
Old 10-31-2010, 8:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitteam View Post
What if I currently do not own any firearms that I would like to carry? Can I leave it blank or do I have to at least purchase one and put on the list prior to submit my application? Can I add 3 or 4 more pistols of my choice once I received my CCW?
Leave it blank. Amber really only will need that info when you turn in all your paperwork for final issuance. What that means is that you WILL need to buy (and pick it up) a handgun and qualify with it between the time you turn in the application and take the CCW course. Once you've got the License, you can add 2 more handguns to the license and you'd have to qualify with those as well.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitteam View Post
CSDGuy is right, that information was something I added to post #2 in this thread the other day (quote from Amber included).
Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 PM

Made the phone call today for an appointment to deliver my application.

Got Glock?
Old 11-03-2010, 7:19 PM

I've got my appointment tomorrow morning! :-)
Old 11-03-2010, 7:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Well, this forum wouldn't allow me to post a new thread, so I guess I'll just have to do it here:

For ALL who have past arrest(s) [with or without conviction(s)] and have been approved for CCW, please read below. It has been copied from 2 posts from another thread & seems to have more relevance here. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
It would be worthwhile, at some point, to close this thread and move the Sacto discussion to the Sacto thread in the CCW forum. Also, we would love to compile an anonymous list of past arrests/convictions which *did not* result in a CCW denial. This would help tremendously in understanding GMC contours at present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
What Brandon is saying here is of vital importance guys! 'Anonymous' being the key word, as we all know no one here wants their colorful past to be all over the web. However, if all of you that have any issues (no matter how major or insignificant) would just list them - even if it is for an unnamed acquaintance *and an APPROVAL was the result* - you will effectively be helping hundreds, maybe thousands of CCW applicants who are being discriminated against. Right now the Sheriff and his committee are of the belief that if a person has certain arrests 10, 15, or even 20 years in their past (without any convictions, and has NEVER been a prohibited person), that person is apparently incapable of being of good moral character. It is almost akin to a 'permanent black list' and it is unconstitutional. Not to mention it makes good, law-abiding citizens feel 'dirty,' 'guilty,' and causes some to second-guess the way they have been living their lives for so long within the eyes of the law.

*FACTORY-CERTIFIED ARMORER IN SACRAMENTO*http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=393331 GUNS 4 SALE: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=923745 WILSON COMBAT MAGS------ http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=928518
Old 11-03-2010, 8:56 PM

How long does it usually take for Amber to give a call back for your apointment?
Old 11-03-2010, 9:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If you don't get through to her directly, her voice mail box is usually full. I haven't heard of someone who actually got to leave a voice mail. I just tried several times before I got through. It's probably best to just e-mail her if you don't get through to her in person. Her e-mail address is on the CGF page linked by Gene above. I e-mailed her twice today for some questions about a particular handgun and she replied very promptly.
EDIT: With the new online appointment system put in place in December 2010 (see details in post #1 of this thread), the comments above do not apply to current applicants.

Last edited by harbinger007; 12-19-2010 at 7:26 PM..
Old 11-03-2010, 9:05 PM

Thank you, I did make it to her voice mail. Left a message. No call back yet. I will send her an email.
Old 11-03-2010, 9:39 PM
Calguns Addict

i sent her an email on a friday, and got an email on monday, setting uo the interview in late january. you may be looking at feb- mar
Old 11-03-2010, 9:52 PM

I sent an email 11-1 for an appointment and got a reply back today, 11-3 offering an appointment date of 1-5-11.

thanks to calguns on all your hard work on this. I never thought I'd ever consider applying for a permit until I moved out of this state. Expect my support and the support of my friends and family in the future.
Old 11-04-2010, 9:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I sent an e-mail to Amber yesterday asking if I could have a weapon with two different barrels (i.e., .40 S&W and Sig .357) on my permit and she reported back I could. She said I could either list it as two weapons or list one weapon with both calibers. She then responded to a follow-up question and said I would need to qualify with the same weapon twice with both barrels since it technically becomes a different weapon when the barrel is changed.

I've read in other counties where they require that everything on the handgun must be original with no laser sights, etc. Makes me glad that I'm in Sacramento County!

Edit: Here is a link to a separate thread on this matter with a post that includes the quoted response. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...7&postcount=10 I also report later in that thread that my CCW did arrive with both calibers listed for that weapon.

Last edited by harbinger007; 12-27-2010 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: add link to other thread
Old 11-04-2010, 2:32 PM

I sent and email to Amber on 11-3, recieved a reply from her today offering appointment for 1-13...
Old 11-04-2010, 8:23 PM

Default Help! Best way to go to Sac Sheriff for CCW application

I have an appointment for CCW application at Sacramento Sheriff Department. Please if you have already gone through this, tell me :
1- They need 2 forms of ID, CA drive license and...?
2- Where is the good place to park, I know that Sac Sheriff address is 711 G st, downtown always crowded and lacks of parking garage.
I appreciate your helps.

TIKO
Old 11-04-2010, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiko View Post
I have an appointment for CCW application at Sacramento Sheriff Department. Please if you have already gone through this, tell me :
1- They need 2 forms of ID, CA drive license and...?
2- Where is the good place to park, I know that Sac Sheriff address is 711 G st, downtown always crowded and lacks of parking garage.
I appreciate your helps.

TIKO
1. Not in my case.
2. On street, or in the garage across the street from th SO office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
Sacramento would declare martial law sooner than they'd meet with Gandhi, Gautama Budda, and Jesus Christ if the three were packing heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Even people not from San Francisco can appreciate a good public spanking like this.
WANTED: G19. New or near new condition in Sacramento area.
Old 11-05-2010, 1:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebronze View Post
SSD will not comply with PC 12052(b). I am exempt from the LiveScan requirement per that section (I was a prior recipient of an SSD CCW) and Amber said too bad, do it anyway.

So I did it anyway.

LiveScan - 10/22
DOJ completed - 10/25
If your previous livescan was employment related with CCW as a side benefit rather than specifically for a CCW that might be the difference.
650-315-2210
Old 11-05-2010, 9:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
If your previous livescan was employment related with CCW as a side benefit rather than specifically for a CCW that might be the difference.
The Penal Code doesn't say anything about that, so I'd tend to doubt that there's a difference. The Penal Code is pretty cut/dried on that.

Semper Fi!