Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-03-2012, 2:16 PM
Veteran Member

Ah, I see. Am I correctly reading between the lines that there are some organizations for which we've published PRAR'ed GC statements, and others for which we are not yet doing that for non-publicly-discussed reasons?
Old 10-03-2012, 2:23 PM
Veteran Member

Kinda. My understanding is all counties will eventually have published GC statements (or at least snippits and commonalities), but that it is a one county at a time thing with strategic counties coming first.
Old 10-03-2012, 2:25 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks. I've asked various folks a few times about Riverside, but I haven't gotten a very clear answer yet. So, I shall remain slightly clueless for now.
Old 10-03-2012, 2:32 PM
Veteran Member

Try direct PM's.
Old 10-03-2012, 2:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383green View Post
Ah, I see. Am I correctly reading between the lines that there are some organizations for which we've published PRAR'ed GC statements, and others for which we are not yet doing that for non-publicly-discussed reasons?
The counties that actually do issue LTC aren't the #1 targets.

None of the GC statements that CGF has received and were useful have been held back. If we have received the documents they have been scanned, redacted and made available at http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/res...nitiative.html

There are counties that have demanded outrageous fees for the re-production of documents or have been dragging their feet, or both...

There have been counties that have redacted the application to the point that there was no information left to publish, other than names, which CGF would not publish. It takes money and attorney's time to sue each of the uncooperative sheriffs.

If that is an incentive to donate, please do so. Keep in mind that post Nordyke all of the attorneys are busy with the cases that had been stayed pending final resolution of Nordyke.

Last edited by HowardW56; 10-03-2012 at 2:41 PM..
Old 12-26-2012, 7:58 PM

I just moved to Corona, I am would like to begin the process for CCW, I've read that Corona is dragging their feet, can't I just go direct to Riverside County?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmvan View Post
I just moved to Corona, I am would like to begin the process for CCW, I've read that Corona is dragging their feet, can't I just go direct to Riverside County?
Yes you can.
Old 12-28-2012, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmvan View Post
Yes, just contact Riverside Sheriff's Office directly. Ignore the local PD.

David Wolf, REALTOR / Broker Associate

In SoCal? Need a REALTOR? Work with someone who shares your love of guns.

CCW LTC holder, NRA Lifetime member

CA BRE# 01420938
Old 01-31-2013, 3:49 PM

has anyone been contacted by the ccw unit saying that ca/doj has contacted them about their permit and advised they will pull you permit if you cannot prove a disposition of an arrest. an arrest that was 17 years ago.
Old 01-31-2013, 5:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallic68 View Post
has anyone been contacted by the ccw unit saying that ca/doj has contacted them about their permit and advised they will pull you permit if you cannot prove a disposition of an arrest. an arrest that was 17 years ago.
Were you contacted about this?
Old 01-31-2013, 6:10 PM

Yes today. They said doj wants proof of the dismissal of charges but there never was charges just an arrest. They said if I couldn't prove anything my permit would be pulled. I was unable to contact RSO ccw unit after calling Riv co courts and the Riv co da office neither have any record of what I'm tailoring about. I'm stuck on how to prove a negative.
I can't believe they are just figuring this out 3 years after my initial permit was granted.
Old 01-31-2013, 6:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardW56 View Post
Were you contacted about this?
Quote:
Yes today. They said doj wants proof of the dismissal of charges but there never was charges just an arrest. They said if I couldn't prove anything my permit would be pulled. I was unable to contact RSO ccw unit after calling Riv co courts and the Riv co da office neither have any record of what I'm tailoring about. I'm stuck on how to prove a negative.
I can't believe they are just figuring this out 3 years after my initial permit was granted.
I have forwarded your posts... I am waiting for comment
Old 02-15-2013, 12:22 PM

My roommate is trying to get his ccw in Riverside county right now and the background investigator is telling him that he needs better reasoning's other than he just wants it for personal protection.

Right now he works as a full time firefighter, he owns and trains with guns on a regular basis. He does not have any credible threats towards him at this time. He drives an hour to and from work down the 91 fwy. He lives with a police officer. These are some personal info to help find a good reason to obtain a ccw.

Any info is much appreciated Thank you

Like my Signature??? Want a custom Sig for free? Click the link and add your needs
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=333574
Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by verapakill View Post
My roommate is trying to get his ccw in Riverside county right now and the background investigator is telling him that he needs better reasoning's other than he just wants it for personal protection.

Right now he works as a full time firefighter, he owns and trains with guns on a regular basis. He does not have any credible threats towards him at this time. He drives an hour to and from work down the 91 fwy. He lives with a police officer. These are some personal info to help find a good reason to obtain a ccw.

Any info is much appreciated Thank you
By Riversides standard that is correct. There needs to be a reason otherwise then personal protection. He should feel grateful that the investigator told him that info BEFORE it went upstairs, so he has a chance to change things.

Does he make large cash deposits?
Does he transport large amounts of cash?
Does he have a side business where he may transport cash?

Those are some things they are looking for.

Hope it helps.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtt255 View Post
By Riversides standard that is correct. There needs to be a reason otherwise then personal protection. He should feel grateful that the investigator told him that info BEFORE it went upstairs, so he has a chance to change things.

Does he make large cash deposits?
Does he transport large amounts of cash?
Does he have a side business where he may transport cash?

Those are some things they are looking for.

Hope it helps.
Well I already knew the answers but he just said no to the 3 questions that you just posted.

Like my Signature??? Want a custom Sig for free? Click the link and add your needs
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=333574
Old 02-15-2013, 12:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by verapakill View Post
Well I already knew the answers but he just said no to the 3 questions that you just posted.
Then I believe that will be an issue. From what I was told if you are applying for person protection, be prepared to provide police reports, etc showing the threat as continuing etc. Not something easy to prove.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Calguns Addict

FYI - The link on the OP's first post is not working.

Questions:

1) How long do you have to be a resident of Riverside County to apply for LTC?
2) If my room mate (owner of the property) is a prohibited person - Will that cancel my chances?

Thanx, Danny

Last edited by DannyInSoCal; 02-28-2013 at 1:11 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 PM

Firefighters are often threatened on incidents, threatened by Pt's family members, testify in court against murderers... If he has been a firefighter for any amount of time he should have a few of these under his belt. Just get the incident# and a copy of the report listing him on the call or court case#
Old 03-06-2013, 4:28 PM

I used to have a real estate liscense and my father currently has his. I was thinking that since i help him with open houses and farming (alone in a house that is advertised as open and unlocked, walking around starnge neighborhoods) that could be enough of a good cause?
Old 03-07-2013, 8:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedomsaww View Post
I used to have a real estate liscense and my father currently has his. I was thinking that since i help him with open houses and farming (alone in a house that is advertised as open and unlocked, walking around starnge neighborhoods) that could be enough of a good cause?
I was thinking the same thing, I list vacant homes for banks and have walked in on many squatters and homeless that refuse to left the home. Many are drug users and will try to attack you.
Old 03-07-2013, 8:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedomsaww View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-Realtor View Post
I was thinking the same thing, I list vacant homes for banks and have walked in on many squatters and homeless that refuse to left the home. Many are drug users and will try to attack you.
In Riverside, that most likely will not be a good enough reason. If there was incidents that DID happen already, and they are documented with the police dept. then bring that paperwork, but the 'i'm nervous and scared' reason, is not a good cause.

I run a financial company with access to millions in CC#'s. THAT is not a good enough reason. I told them I am worried about kidnapping of me or my family so that someone could force access to that info. NOPE, not unless something has ALREADY happened would that be good enough.

Now if you transported cash ( cash for deposits, etc. ) while showing homes, now THAT would be a very good cause.

You need to call the CCW dept and explain to them what you think your cause is and what their thoughts are on it. They WILL help and direct you to what is and what is NOT a good cause.

Last edited by Dtt255; 03-08-2013 at 5:26 AM..
Old 03-08-2013, 8:24 AM

Quote:
In Riverside, that most likely will not be a good enough reason. If there was incidents that DID happen already, and they are documented with the police dept. then bring that paperwork, but the 'i'm nervous and scared' reason, is not a good cause.

I run a financial company with access to millions in CC#'s. THAT is not a good enough reason. I told them I am worried about kidnapping of me or my family so that someone could force access to that info. NOPE, not unless something has ALREADY happened would that be good enough.

Now if you transported cash ( cash for deposits, etc. ) while showing homes, now THAT would be a very good cause.

You need to call the CCW dept and explain to them what you think your cause is and what their thoughts are on it. They WILL help and direct you to what is and what is NOT a good cause.
thanks for the info!!
Old 03-11-2013, 2:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Thank you for the information.
We need to elect a Sheriff next election that SUPPORT "shall issue"!!
Old 03-11-2013, 2:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-Realtor View Post
Thank you for the information.
We need to elect a Sheriff next election that SUPPORT "shall issue"!!
While I appreciate your enthusiasm and your thoughts, I must defend Sheriff Stiff in this case. He is as 'shall issue' as he possible can be. You are looking for a 'shall issue' state which is not what we have here and never will.

Anyway, good luck and feel free for to ask any further questions.
Old 03-11-2013, 2:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
He is as 'shall issue' as he possible can be.
I completely disagree with that. He is as "shall issue" as he wants to be. There is nothing in CA law that stops him from considering "self defense" to be a suitable good cause other than his own opinion about who should be allowed to have an LTC.
Old 03-11-2013, 5:03 PM
Veteran Member

I have my interview appointment to turn in my application! March 19th! Whoo-hoo!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:10 AM

Hey guys/gals,

Not new to the forum but decided to try for my CCW due to a recent event. After reading through the "good cause" info I was wondering if I could run my reason(s) past anyone willing to take a few minutes to read what I have to say. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Pm me if ok to send info.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Old 03-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

You can always call the CCW unit and talk to Deputy Yezzo or Aguirre... they will likely tell you over the phone if your GC statement is up to immediate scrutiny.

Edit: In my interview yesterday Yezzo said "I don't want to hear about bad neighborhoods etc" when I asked about a GC for my wife who is an RN working grave yard in downtown San Bernardino... My thought was "well then what the hell else does she have going for her GC?"
Old 03-21-2013, 4:08 PM

I need a GC.....:-/
Old 03-26-2013, 5:03 PM

I was wondering in anyone knew the aproximate turn around time from application to the issue of the permit?
Old 03-26-2013, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkermonkey View Post
I was wondering in anyone knew the aproximate turn around time from application to the issue of the permit?
I had my interview in early feb. Still haven't heard anything. They are saying increase in DROS is slowing down live scan.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 PM

Ok, silly question which I should have figured out before the evening before the class.. BUT, my wife is taking the classroom (not shooting) training class at Ben Clark Safety Center.. I don't actually know where the class is held, the method of payment needed (I assume check is ok?) and the amount (I think it's $100), right?

I did my training at FTA, so, I don't actually know how the sheriff's class works.... If anyone has taken the class at Ben Clark, can you shed some light on this?

CA BRE# 01420938
Old 04-06-2013, 7:29 AM

Just go to the main building where you had your interview. They will collect your check (personal is ok). They will direct you to which portable the class is in. Usually the portables to the east of the main building.
Old 04-06-2013, 8:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip3757 View Post
Just go to the main building where you had your interview. They will collect your check (personal is ok). They will direct you to which portable the class is in. Usually the portables to the east of the main building.
Thanks! She's there safe and sound

CA BRE# 01420938
Old 04-19-2013, 9:36 AM
Veteran Member

So it's been a month ***crickets*** the suspense is killing me!
Old 05-16-2013, 9:03 AM
Veteran Member

I got the phone call today... APPROVED!

Had initial interview February 19th, Live Scanned on the 28th. Got the call today on May 16th. I have my qualifications / class 2 weeks from now. Yay!
Old 05-16-2013, 9:51 AM
Veteran Member

Has there been any update to what is being accepted outside of occupational and stalker reasons?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg86 View Post
I got the phone call today... APPROVED!

Had initial interview February 19th, Live Scanned on the 28th. Got the call today on May 16th. I have my qualifications / class 2 weeks from now. Yay!
Congrats!
Old 05-16-2013, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
Has there been any update to what is being accepted outside of occupational and stalker reasons?
It's really not hard to get... Talk to the CCW unit and see what they say about how to phrase the GC statement. Mostly just make sure you don't include the words, "Personal Protection".

CA BRE# 01420938
Old 05-16-2013, 2:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDavid View Post
It's really not hard to get... Talk to the CCW unit and see what they say about how to phrase the GC statement. Mostly just make sure you don't include the words, "Personal Protection".
Ah. I'll give that I try. I was under the impression that it couldn't be anything that would be interpreted as personal protection (ie, I don't compete with firearms every weekend, I don't transport diamonds for a living, and I don't have ROs on some crazy ex or anonymous threats showing up in the mail).