Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 09-16-2011, 12:39 PM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
There is at least one rejection posted on this thread alone. If I'm wrong, nobody will be happier than I, but I'm not seeing it.

You say PP is no go, but that it doesn't need be buisness, or based on past incidences. Where is the middle ground between the two. I've looked and I've found absolutely zero indication that an average guy that works a 9-5 and doesn't have any special circumstances can get a CCW in riverside county.
If you are referring to cindynles as the denial, why don't you ask him/her (sorry) what their GC was. Then tell me what you think about the denial. I'm not saying they should not have an LTC, but given the current climate you need to give a halfway convincing argument as to why you need one.

The indication of a normal guy getting an LTC can be found in my RivCo poll thread in the LTC forum.

As for middle ground, that would be giving substantive things in your daily life that may put you at risk. You have to substantiate what you need "personal protection" from. The advice that has been given by the RCSO CCW deputies is to list ALL of the reasons you have. Just think about activities, areas you frequent, stuff you tote around, or anything that would make you a desirable target for a bad guy.

Or you can wait until CGF has the GC statements released from RCSO. By all indication, it shouldn't be too much longer. Your choice.

Here's the thing. No one is going to hold your hand and guide you to the water. If you want the LTC bad enough, you will put the effort into it and get one. RivCo is possible. I think you know that by now. You have to be willing to put in the work to get it. Sorry, but that is the harsh reality of the current situation.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 09-16-2011, 1:16 PM
inbox485's Avatar
inbox485 inbox485 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 3,714
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
If you are referring to cindynles as the denial, why don't you ask him/her (sorry) what their GC was. Then tell me what you think about the denial. I'm not saying they should not have an LTC, but given the current climate you need to give a halfway convincing argument as to why you need one.

The indication of a normal guy getting an LTC can be found in my RivCo poll thread in the LTC forum.

As for middle ground, that would be giving substantive things in your daily life that may put you at risk. You have to substantiate what you need "personal protection" from. The advice that has been given by the RCSO CCW deputies is to list ALL of the reasons you have. Just think about activities, areas you frequent, stuff you tote around, or anything that would make you a desirable target for a bad guy.

Or you can wait until CGF has the GC statements released from RCSO. By all indication, it shouldn't be too much longer. Your choice.

Here's the thing. No one is going to hold your hand and guide you to the water. If you want the LTC bad enough, you will put the effort into it and get one. RivCo is possible. I think you know that by now. You have to be willing to put in the work to get it. Sorry, but that is the harsh reality of the current situation.
He said he wanted the permit to be able to carry to not worry about coyotes and mountain lions.

I'll be very curious as to the GC statements when they become available. As to your thread, perhaps you are talented at looking into the tea leaves, but I'm not seeing anybody say "I'm a normal guy and got approved." I can think of plenty of circumstances where RCS would issue, but I really doubt "just in case when I go to walmart" or "I go to ranges a handful of times a year" would fly. I have also spoken verbally to people that were denied for using the "frequent range visitor" bit. If I thought there were reasonable odds of getting a permit, I'd get one. I don't however have the $ to piss away when I have no reason to believe it will go anywhere.
__________________
Up for rent...
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 09-16-2011, 1:55 PM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
He said he wanted the permit to be able to carry to not worry about coyotes and mountain lions.

Do you reasonably expect the RCSO to accept that in this current climate?

I'll be very curious as to the GC statements when they become available. As to your thread, perhaps you are talented at looking into the tea leaves, but I'm not seeing anybody say "I'm a normal guy and got approved."

Sorry, there was a post by someone in one of my threads about being a "normal guy" that got his permit. I though it was in that other thread, and I'm remiss in finding it right now.

I can think of plenty of circumstances where RCS would issue, but I really doubt "just in case when I go to walmart" or "I go to ranges a handful of times a year" would fly. I have also spoken verbally to people that were denied for using the "frequent range visitor" bit. If I thought there were reasonable odds of getting a permit, I'd get one. I don't however have the $ to piss away when I have no reason to believe it will go anywhere.

If you don't think it will go anywhere, you are probably wise to wait. If you really want the LTC, put some genuine effort into a GC statement.
Responses in bold.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 09-16-2011, 4:26 PM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Just another positive reinforcement!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1&postcount=23

Quote:
The CCW process in Riverside County is VERY fair. Sheriff Sniff is a big fan of the 2nd Amendment, a cowboy shooter and believes that law abiding citizens should be able to carry. His definition of good cause is totally reasonable. The Deputies in the CCW unit are great to work with. Don't be put off by the language of the CCW application. ...I wasn't, and I just got my permit....very happy.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 09-19-2011, 10:55 AM
cindynles's Avatar
cindynles cindynles is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Temecula
Posts: 2,441
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
If you are referring to cindynles as the denial, why don't you ask him/her (sorry) what their GC was.
Him
__________________
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 09-19-2011, 11:35 AM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindynles View Post
Him
Sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-15-2011, 6:52 PM
hiltoncp hiltoncp is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Question Indio PD Denial Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtt255 View Post
Long time lurker,

I am 3 weeks into waiting for my CCW form Riverside County.

They were very nice to me there and actually called me and had me revise my GC because although THEY knew what I did for a living and WHY I wanted a CCW...they didn't feel I expressed it correctly in my GC. So they asked me to revise it a bit.
I felt that was very decent of them.....

So I am 3 week in from handing it in originally, and 1 week from when I sent them the revised GC. I can only assume they didn't send it in to admin until the got the new GC.

Everytime the phone rings I jump....lol

I just wonder...do I get a call or a letter? Is the approval a letter or a call?

I know a denial is a letter, got one from Indio PD.

Thanks!
Dtt255, How long did it take for Indio PD to issue you the denial letter?
I live in Indio also.

Thanks (in advance) for taking the time to reply.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-19-2011, 7:28 AM
FERGUSON's Avatar
FERGUSON FERGUSON is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Corona Ca
Posts: 253
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

WELL ANY NEWS OF THE GOOD CAUSE FROM RIVERSIDE COUNTY
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-19-2011, 8:00 AM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERGUSON View Post
WELL ANY NEWS OF THE GOOD CAUSE FROM RIVERSIDE COUNTY
I emailed Brandon yesterday, and he is still waiting to hear from Riverside. Said he expects something soon.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10-29-2011, 1:52 PM
Hakoomay's Avatar
Hakoomay Hakoomay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Diamond Bar & Riverside
Posts: 428
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Any new news???
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 11-10-2011, 6:00 PM
covertcombatant's Avatar
covertcombatant covertcombatant is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lake Elsinore
Posts: 1,320
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Any updates? I Really want to apply.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 11-10-2011, 7:40 PM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertcombatant View Post
Any updates? I Really want to apply.
Don't expect them to ever be handed out like candy. If you really want one, get in the game and start the process. There are plenty of people here willing to offer advice and help if you are serious about it.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 11-10-2011, 8:49 PM
hawk1's Avatar
hawk1 hawk1 is offline
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,590
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertcombatant View Post
Any updates? I Really want to apply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
Don't expect them to ever be handed out like candy. If you really want one, get in the game and start the process. There are plenty of people here willing to offer advice and help if you are serious about it.
Updates for Riverside County are now supposed to be considered candy? He wasn't asking for a CCW free pass.
This forum is here for exactly that, information.
__________________
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Last edited by hawk1; 11-11-2011 at 8:51 AM.. Reason: Edited out unnecessary comments
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 11-10-2011, 8:54 PM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk1 View Post
Updates for Riverside County are now supposed to be considered candy? He wasn't asking for a CCW free pass.
Please get off your high horse. This forum is here for exactly that, information.

If you have nothing to offer then stfu.
Hmmmm. OK. I thought I just extended my hand. I meant ltc's won't be handed out like candy, not the information. No high horse here. I guess I just have nothing to offer.

Last edited by lawaia; 11-10-2011 at 8:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 11-10-2011, 9:02 PM
hawk1's Avatar
hawk1 hawk1 is offline
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,590
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Default

The forum was set up for "Information on how to get a LTC in your County".
He was only asking for updates and I assume it was updates as to CGF handling/posting of Riverside County good cause statements.
__________________
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 11-10-2011, 9:18 PM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk1 View Post
The forum was set up for "Information on how to get a LTC in your County".
He was only asking for updates and I assume it was updates as to CGF handling/posting of Riverside County good cause statements.
He said he "really wants to apply". I was trying to make the point that he should. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 11-11-2011, 7:48 AM
covertcombatant's Avatar
covertcombatant covertcombatant is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lake Elsinore
Posts: 1,320
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Thanks for the offer to help me with my good cause statement. I appreciate both of your help. If the offer is still there, I will pm you as I have some questions.

My original post was looking to see if any updates were available so I could see others good cause statements and see if mine is "worthwhile".
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 11-11-2011, 7:51 AM
hawk1's Avatar
hawk1 hawk1 is offline
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7,590
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
He said he "really wants to apply". I was trying to make the point that he should. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
No apologies needed. I think when you wrote in the 10/19 post above;

Quote:
I emailed Brandon yesterday, and he is still waiting to hear from Riverside. Said he expects something soon.
People are holding off to see if they need to re-shape their GC.

I may have been a bit harsh as well with my reply. This state is frustrating to say the least...
__________________
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 11-11-2011, 9:55 AM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertcombatant View Post
Thanks for the offer to help me with my good cause statement. I appreciate both of your help. If the offer is still there, I will pm you as I have some questions.

My original post was looking to see if any updates were available so I could see others good cause statements and see if mine is "worthwhile".
Answered your PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk1 View Post
No apologies needed. I think when you wrote in the 10/19 post above;



People are holding off to see if they need to re-shape their GC.

I may have been a bit harsh as well with my reply. This state is frustrating to say the least...
No worries. Trust me, I'd love to see those GC statements, and I understand peoples' hesitation to apply. It frustrates me trying to convince people that our CCW Unit really WANTS people to apply and get LTC's. That seems to be a tough concept to accept after all of the generally negative publicity surrounding the LTC process in our state.

Sometimes I tend to take the tough-love approach with folks.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 11-12-2011, 4:43 PM
6sN7s 6sN7s is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 20
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
Answered your PM.



No worries. Trust me, I'd love to see those GC statements, and I understand peoples' hesitation to apply. It frustrates me trying to convince people that our CCW Unit really WANTS people to apply and get LTC's. That seems to be a tough concept to accept after all of the generally negative publicity surrounding the LTC process in our state.

Sometimes I tend to take the tough-love approach with folks.
I would have to agree, they were great with me when I did mine, I am still waiting on my reply Nov, 24 will be 90 day mark for me.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 11-13-2011, 6:43 PM
cindynles's Avatar
cindynles cindynles is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Temecula
Posts: 2,441
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
Answered your PM.
It frustrates me trying to convince people that our CCW Unit really WANTS people to apply and get LTC's. That seems to be a tough concept to accept after all of the generally negative publicity surrounding the LTC process in our state.
I have to disagree with you. When I went in for my interview the CCW unit tried very hard to discourage me from submitting my application. Couple that with the fact that they are still not following the law (insisting that you pay for the training and complete the range qualification BEFORE they will submit you application) and you get a CCW unit that doesn't seem to want regular people to apply.

I know that my good cause was not the most compelling in the world, but I also have it on very good authority that LTCs were issued to others with a very similar good cause.

Riverside County requires that you play the game their way if you want a LTC. There is a reason that there are only 423 active permits in a county with over 1.5 million residents.
__________________
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759


Last edited by cindynles; 11-13-2011 at 6:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 11-13-2011, 7:22 PM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindynles View Post
I have to disagree with you. When I went in for my interview the CCW unit tried very hard to discourage me from submitting my application. Couple that with the fact that they are still not following the law (insisting that you pay for the training and complete the range qualification BEFORE they will submit you application) and you get a CCW unit that doesn't seem to want regular people to apply.

I know that my good cause was not the most compelling in the world, but I also have it on very good authority that LTCs were issued to others with a very similar good cause.

Riverside County requires that you play the game their way if you want a LTC. There is a reason that there are only 423 active permits in a county with over 1.5 million residents.
I really do feel for your frustrating situation. However, current evidence provided to us courtesy of CGF shows that RivCo is on track for an 89% increase in issuance from 2010 to 2011.

You continue to try to discourage others from applying, in spite of evidence to the contrary. What is your goal here?
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 11-13-2011, 7:33 PM
Clownpuncher's Avatar
Clownpuncher Clownpuncher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mexifornia IE
Posts: 1,181
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
I really do feel for your frustrating situation. However, current evidence provided to us courtesy of CGF shows that RivCo is on track for an 89% increase in issuance from 2010 to 2011.

You continue to try to discourage others from applying, in spite of evidence to the contrary. What is your goal here?
While any increase is great I tend to take percentage increases with a grain of salt. Kind of like crime statistics.... if your city had 1 killing last year and has had 2 this year that is a 100% increase. If the 423 number is accurate, that is pretty pathetic. Just sayin.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 11-13-2011, 8:24 PM
cindynles's Avatar
cindynles cindynles is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Temecula
Posts: 2,441
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
I really do feel for your frustrating situation. However, current evidence provided to us courtesy of CGF shows that RivCo is on track for an 89% increase in issuance from 2010 to 2011.

You continue to try to discourage others from applying, in spite of evidence to the contrary. What is your goal here?
My goal is to shine some light on the process in Riverside County.

I want people to understand that Riverside county does not follow the law (requires additional forms not autorized by law, requires payment for training prior to good cause evaluation).

I want people to understand that the perception that it is easy to get at LTC in Riverside county is wrong. While there may be an increase in the number of LTCs in Riverside county, the fact remains that Riverside (0.273%) is still worse than San Diego (0.302%).

My goal is to present all the facts to anyone who is considering applying in Riverside county.

Obvisously your experience with the CCW unit was different than mine, but that does not change my experience. Lets get all the facts out in the open and let people decide for themselfs if they are willing risk about $300 and 2 days off work.
__________________
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759


Last edited by cindynles; 11-13-2011 at 8:32 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 11-14-2011, 7:57 AM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindynles View Post
My goal is to shine some light on the process in Riverside County.

I want people to understand that Riverside county does not follow the law (requires additional forms not autorized by law, requires payment for training prior to good cause evaluation).

I want people to understand that the perception that it is easy to get at LTC in Riverside county is wrong. While there may be an increase in the number of LTCs in Riverside county, the fact remains that Riverside (0.273%) is still worse than San Diego (0.302%).

My goal is to present all the facts to anyone who is considering applying in Riverside county.

Obvisously your experience with the CCW unit was different than mine, but that does not change my experience. Lets get all the facts out in the open and let people decide for themselfs if they are willing risk about $300 and 2 days off work.
Let's look at your statements above one by one.

RivCo does not REQUIRE the additional forms. They ask for the additional information to help them make a decision. You are free to decline filling in the information.

RivCo has changed their fee structure (thanks to CGF) to comply with the law.

I have never claimed that it was "easy" to get a LTC in RivCo. I tell people that it is POSSIBLE to get one, if they are willing to put in the work.

Yes, total issuance numbers are low, but you cannot deny that the 89% increase in the last year is an indicator that things are changing. If RivCo was not issuing more openly, there is no way you would see that sharp of an increase. And San Diego is only on track for a maximum 7% increase. Current standing is a decrease of 1%. How long will that progress keep them in front of RivCo?

Yes, our personal experiences were different. I went in with the goal of obtaining a permit. You seem to have gone in with the intention of bucking the system. I'm not implying that you were wrong in your approach. If reform was your goal, you probably helped in that. Just don't act surprised at the outcome.

So, now that you have gotten all of the facts out in the open, what will your approach be? You can continue to nay-say, but what are you really accomplishing? How is that helping anyone that truly wants or needs a permit?

I choose to let people know that it is POSSIBLE get a permit if they put in the effort. Maybe they have to conform to the system a little. Maybe they have to jump through a couple of hoops. Maybe there is some risk. Keep in mind that for some people, these small sacrifices are worth going through. For those that REALLY want a permit, I offer to help them to the best of my ability.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
cindynles's Avatar
cindynles cindynles is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Temecula
Posts: 2,441
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
Let's look at your statements above one by one.

RivCo does not REQUIRE the additional forms. They ask for the additional information to help them make a decision. You are free to decline filling in the information.
Declining to fill out the additional form almost guarentees you will be denied. So are you really free to decline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
RivCo has changed their fee structure (thanks to CGF) to comply with the law.
Strange that members are still reporting that they are being required to complete the training class before their good cause is evaluated. This is a violation of 12050(a)(1)(E)(i).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaia View Post
I have never claimed that it was "easy" to get a LTC in RivCo. I tell people that it is POSSIBLE to get one, if they are willing to put in the work.
You advocate working the system, thats great for those that can, but it still requires that you come up with an acceptable good cause. Lets be honest, 99% of us don't have a good cause that is acceptable. Most of us don't have active threats, carry large amounts of cash, or collect rent in bad areas (when I took the CCW class we all talked about our good cause at the break and ever single one, except me, was related to threats or money). Most of us are normal citizens with normal jobs and normal lives. Can you honestly say that a normal person can come up with an acceptable good cause with out stretching the truth?

Will Riverside county issue to normal, non connected citizens: Yes. But, and this is a big but, you still have to have a good cause that is acceptable to Sheriff Sniff. This is the point I am trying to make. You have to play the game in Riverside county. I don't have an acceptable good cause and I'm not willing to "craft" one. The statement that you made about the CCW unit wanting people to apply is wrong in my experience (Dept. Yezzo sure didn't want me to apply). If they wanted people to apply they would at least follow the law.

You advocate playing by the unfair and unlawful rules of Riverside county in order to secure an LTC (that great for those few it will work for). I want everyone to know that Riverside county is using unfair and unlawful rules in the hopes that things will change and ALL residents will have the ability to obtain an LTC.
__________________
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 11-14-2011, 11:30 AM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindynles View Post
Declining to fill out the additional form almost guarentees you will be denied. So are you really free to decline?


Strange that members are still reporting that they are being required to complete the training class before their good cause is evaluated. This is a violation of 12050(a)(1)(E)(i).


You advocate working the system, thats great for those that can, but it still requires that you come up with an acceptable good cause. Lets be honest, 99% of us don't have a good cause that is acceptable. Most of us don't have active threats, carry large amounts of cash, or collect rent in bad areas (when I took the CCW class we all talked about our good cause at the break and ever single one, except me, was related to threats or money). Most of us are normal citizens with normal jobs and normal lives. Can you honestly say that a normal person can come up with an acceptable good cause with out stretching the truth?

Will Riverside county issue to normal, non connected citizens: Yes. But, and this is a big but, you still have to have a good cause that is acceptable to Sheriff Sniff. This is the point I am trying to make. You have to play the game in Riverside county. I don't have an acceptable good cause and I'm not willing to "craft" one. The statement that you made about the CCW unit wanting people to apply is wrong in my experience (Dept. Yezzo sure didn't want me to apply). If they wanted people to apply they would at least follow the law.

You advocate playing by the unfair and unlawful rules of Riverside county in order to secure an LTC (that great for those few it will work for). I want everyone to know that Riverside county is using unfair and unlawful rules in the hopes that things will change and ALL residents will have the ability to obtain an LTC.
None of the people I have given advice to have had anything about active threats, carrying large amounts of cash, or collecting rent in their GC's.

I do not advocate playing by unlawful or "unfair" (whatever that means) rules. I advocate people getting their LTC. Period.

Look, I have not had a single person come back to me and say that my advice was crap. I have not heard from anyone that I have advised that they were denied. When I start to get feedback that my advice is ineffective or incorrect, I will stop giving it. Bottom line.

You seem to make your analysis based on your situation alone. I am making mine based on input from many sources. And I will continue to evaluate my stance as time passes, based on new and relevant input.

BTW, you don't have to "craft" an untrue GC. Just look at what parts of your life will fit with what the RCSO wants to see. I NEVER advocate lying to ANYONE!
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 11-29-2011, 9:07 AM
SoCal Gunner's Avatar
SoCal Gunner SoCal Gunner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,479
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Any news on Riverside's Good Cause Statements?
Were they ever released? If so, do we have people going through them?
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 11-30-2011, 9:09 PM
Hakoomay's Avatar
Hakoomay Hakoomay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Diamond Bar & Riverside
Posts: 428
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Im waiting too are there any updates?
__________________
Gadgets & Stuff FOR SALE: HERE
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 12-17-2011, 6:24 PM
longbeachskater longbeachskater is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I was robbed at gun point this past april in la quinta and the guys got my license and info from my wallet and are out on bail waiting for trial. I am currently awaiting a letter of recomendation from the assistant D.A in indio for my ccw...ive just completed my application and will keep you updated
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 12-17-2011, 6:32 PM
Dtt255's Avatar
Dtt255 Dtt255 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 142
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbeachskater View Post
I was robbed at gun point this past april in la quinta and the guys got my license and info from my wallet and are out on bail waiting for trial. I am currently awaiting a letter of recomendation from the assistant D.A in indio for my ccw...ive just completed my application and will keep you updated
Sorry to hear about that situation. We JUST got a new Indio PD Chief...so maybe that will be a good thing....but if he is like the last one, I am sorry to say it is not a good situation for you to get yoru permit in Indio.

I got mine form Riverside County since I started posting in this thread. Took 15 1/2 weeks from the day I handed in the app to the day I picked it up.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 12-17-2011, 7:07 PM
longbeachskater longbeachskater is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtt255 View Post
Sorry to hear about that situation. We JUST got a new Indio PD Chief...so maybe that will be a good thing....but if he is like the last one, I am sorry to say it is not a good situation for you to get yoru permit in Indio.

I got mine form Riverside County since I started posting in this thread. Took 15 1/2 weeks from the day I handed in the app to the day I picked it up.
Yea it was ****ty but its ok the scorpion task force from indio was on it they were awesome guys to say the least but yea I had not heard we got a new chief thats cool... I sincerely hope he's not like the last one either...But with that said im hoping the letter from the assistant d.a and what I believe to be good cause work in my favor
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 12-17-2011, 7:09 PM
383green's Avatar
383green 383green is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,320
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtt255 View Post
I got mine form Riverside County since I started posting in this thread. Took 15 1/2 weeks from the day I handed in the app to the day I picked it up.
I'm happy to hear that you got it, but I think that processing time is ridiculous. If a person chose to pursue obtaining an LTC because (s)he got into a situation like longbeachskater's, then being unable to legally carry a weapon for self-defense for several months in the face of a clear and present danger would be unconscionable.
__________________
Mark J. Blair, NF6X
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 AM
inbox485's Avatar
inbox485 inbox485 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 3,714
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383green View Post
I'm happy to hear that you got it, but I think that processing time is ridiculous. If a person chose to pursue obtaining an LTC because (s)he got into a situation like longbeachskater's, then being unable to legally carry a weapon for self-defense for several months in the face of a clear and present danger would be unconscionable.
That is why you get a restraining order...
__________________
Up for rent...
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 12-19-2011, 11:03 AM
383green's Avatar
383green 383green is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,320
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Exactly how does a restraining order prevent a criminal from murdering you?
__________________
Mark J. Blair, NF6X
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 12-19-2011, 11:35 AM
inbox485's Avatar
inbox485 inbox485 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 3,714
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/12025.5.html

and

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/12031.html ((j)(2) near the bottom)

If you have a RO, and truly fear for your life, you carry the stupid gun, and keep your mouth shut about it. Ideally nobody ever knows about it, and you never need it. If you need it, you won't regret having it. If you somehow screw up, forget that concealed means concealed, and have to explain yourself to an officer, have the RO and a copy of the laws with you. If that officer wants to be an Adam Henry, you hope the DA has better sense. Worst case the jury gets black and white instructions saying you had justification to violate the sections, and even if you get 12 blithering morons that convict you anyway, you are looking at 2 non-prohibiting misdemeanors that are normally about $600 each and no jail time for first offenses. A winning the lottery type odds risk of a $1200 fine would be an after thought if I thought I had a stalker to deal with.
__________________
Up for rent...
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 AM
lawaia's Avatar
lawaia lawaia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 1,953
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 383green View Post
Exactly how does a restraining order prevent a criminal from murdering you?
12025.5. (a) A violation of Section 12025 is justifiable when a person who possesses a firearm reasonably believes that he or she is in grave danger because of circumstances forming the basis of a current restraining order issued by a court against another person or persons who has or have been found to pose a threat to his or her life or safety. This section may not apply when the circumstances involve a mutual restraining order issued pursuant to Division 10 (commencing with Section 6200) of the Family Code absent a factual finding of a specific threat to the person's life or safety. It is not the intent of the Legislature to limit, restrict, or narrow the application of current statutory or judicial authority to apply this or other justifications to defendants charged with violating Section 12025 or of committing other similar offenses.
(b) Upon trial for violating Section 12025, the trier of fact shall determine whether the defendant was acting out of a reasonable belief that he or she was in grave danger.

Last edited by lawaia; 12-19-2011 at 12:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:07 PM
383green's Avatar
383green 383green is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 4,320
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.
__________________
Mark J. Blair, NF6X
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 12-19-2011, 1:12 PM
FERGUSON's Avatar
FERGUSON FERGUSON is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Corona Ca
Posts: 253
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

ANY UPDATES, IVE BEEN WAITING LONGER THAN TWO WEEKS!
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 12-20-2011, 9:01 PM
WarriorNetwork WarriorNetwork is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Requesting Info

Good day all,
After reading quite a few different articles and reasons for approval denial, I was wanting to know what you think about these reasons. Thank you all for your time and your opinions regarding my GC.

Quote:
For my job, both in the Military and my privately owned company, I drive over 150 miles per day, often times through areas that are not ideally safe. The hours of both jobs regularly have me on the road before 5am and after 9pm. I also regularly travel to Las Vegas, NV with several firearms for Range Matches and Shows. I bring my wife and son with me on these trips. These long hours on the road, with several firearms, make myself and my family a susceptible target for anyone who knows when those matches or shows will be. My reason for requesting a concealed carry permit is to protect my property, which in turn will protect others, and to also protect my family when traveling.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:35 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.