Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2015, 10:17 PM

Default Anyone near the Monterey Bay own a Ghost Gunner Machine by Defense Distributed?

Anyone near the Monterey Bay own a Ghost Gunner Machine by Defense Distributed? The machine finishes an 80% AR receiver into a finished AR receiver. If you do have one, please contact me!

Thanks...
Old 01-21-2015, 2:14 PM

I'm wondering they ever even shipped these. Their pre order page showed about 210 units should have delivered Holiday 2014 with another 300 Q1 2015. But we've yet to see a single youtube video about them, aside from a short 30 second clip from CATI in texas which basically you can see it supposedly milling a lower, but there are no chips flying and no actual footage from an angle that can see any cutting happen. Only the table moving.
Old 02-08-2015, 3:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Nobody's going to loan or rent you one if that's what you're asking. The ATF said that would be manufacturing.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 03-14-2015, 12:45 PM

Default Ghost Gunner machine

I am a DD customer for subject machine with a Q1 2015 delivery date. January 2015 was the last company update before the UPS/FedEx shipping issue. To date, no word from Cody Wilson or Defense Distributed on the status of machine assembly or plans for shipping. Maybe it is just me but DD's electronic contact information is no longer working either. These are big red flags! In times when a company has the most problems is when it should be communicating more often with its customers. I hope my worst fears do not materialize but as it stands, no word from DD and no way but snail mail to communicate with them is not good.

John
Old 03-14-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
Anyone near the Monterey Bay own a Ghost Gunner Machine by Defense Distributed? The machine finishes an 80% AR receiver into a finished AR receiver. If you do have one, please contact me!

Thanks...
Good try ATF agent
Old 06-04-2015, 11:12 AM

Default Why?

I do not see why loaning or renting a CNC machine would be illegal any more than loaning someone a drill. What you cannot legally do is mill out a receiver for someone else. Renting the tools to do so seems no different than Defense Distributed selling the tools.
Old 06-11-2015, 8:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamalpias View Post
Good try ATF agent
Yep.....its a trap !!!