Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 01-27-2017, 8:49 PM

Default Special Forces Tryouts

Gents, for those of you interested in being a Green Beret with A Company, 5th Battalion, 19th Special Forces Group. Tryout's are being held on 10-12 February at JFTB Los Alamitos.

Doesn't matter what branch of service you are to put in for Special Forces Readiness Evaluation (SFRE) and doesn't matter what MOS you are. If you make it through the pipeline, you will receive an 18 series Special Forces MOS. You can be Reserve, Active Duty or Guard to try out. E3 to junior E7, or O2-O3. There are very few slots available now for commissioned, so the focus is on enlisted.

Plenty of guys that are active duty Marines out of Camp Pendleton that are going to ETS within 6 months have tried out and made it through the entire 2 year pipeline.

Those interested can PM me and I will forward information to the recruiter.
Old 02-04-2017, 7:25 PM

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-04-2017, 7:36 PM
Veteran Member

good looking out.
so is that a pun for the best soldier is a Marine...

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

Old 02-05-2017, 1:40 PM

BajaJames83, I look forward to you coming to try outs to prove you're the best soldier. I don't look for men that meet the standard, I only take men that destroy the standard. When I take a dozen green berets to sneak into the shadows of an enclave of 3000 people that want to kill Americans, I only want the best.

If you want to be a green beret in California, we are the only Special Forces unit in the state, so you go through my evaluations and my training program prior to me shipping you to Fort Bragg, NC for two years of hard training.

I hold no prejudice against any sister organization. Everyone gets a fair shake to show me they are the best. I've trained and evaluated men from the Air Force PJ's, 1st and 4th Force Recon, all three Ranger Battalions and even one SEAL. The SEAL didn't make it through, but he is an outstanding soldier that I highly respect and would fight along side in any TIC.

Every branch of Special Operations, whether it be SEAL, PJ, Force Recon, Delta, Ranger Bn, CCT, or the Coast Guard's Rescue Swimmer unit are all difficult and demanding programs, but they all have different missions from Special Forces. Just because you are successful in some other Special Operations Unit, that doesn't guarantee success in Special Forces.

If you've only been out of the Marine Corps for 5 years, you should still have the discipline and drive that you separated with. Please consider applying. I look forward to you proving that you are the best soldier.

Camp Pendleton is the largest active duty base from my facility, so I get a lot of Marines fresh off active duty that want to show what they're made of.
Old 02-05-2017, 1:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmn View Post
BajaJames83, I look forward to you coming to try outs to prove you're the best soldier. I don't look for men that meet the standard, I only take men that destroy the standard. When I take a dozen green berets to sneak into the shadows of an enclave of 3000 people that want to kill Americans, I only want the best.

If you want to be a green beret in California, we are the only Special Forces unit in the state, so you go through my evaluations and my training program prior to me shipping you to Fort Bragg, NC for two years of hard training.

I hold no prejudice against any sister organization. Everyone gets a fair shake to show me they are the best. I've trained and evaluated men from the Air Force PJ's, 1st and 4th Force Recon, all three Ranger Battalions and even one SEAL. The SEAL didn't make it through, but he is an outstanding soldier that I highly respect and would fight along side in any TIC.

Every branch of Special Operations, whether it be SEAL, PJ, Force Recon, Delta, Ranger Bn, CCT, or the Coast Guard's Rescue Swimmer unit are all difficult and demanding programs, but they all have different missions from Special Forces. Just because you are successful in some other Special Operations Unit, that doesn't guarantee success in Special Forces.

If you've only been out of the Marine Corps for 5 years, you should still have the discipline and drive that you separated with. Please consider applying. I look forward to you proving that you are the best soldier.

Camp Pendleton is the largest active duty base from my facility, so I get a lot of Marines fresh off active duty that want to show what they're made of.
I'm just poking at some inter force rivalry dont take it personal man its an old joke.

Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

Old 02-05-2017, 3:06 PM

I took no offense, on the contrary, I need guys like you that want to be the best and take extreme pride in their organization. At the General Officer level, a hard look is being placed on bringing a second Special Forces company to Northern California, which will put a train on Southern California when we move guys up north. I need guys like you to throw your hat in the ring. 5 years out of the Corps is not a long time. You should still have the skills you picked up from 11 years in the Marines. I take guys with only 5 or 6 years of experience, but someone with 11 years is icing on the cake. Physical fitness can be gained in relatively short amounts of time, experience cannot.

I've already sent up a force structure projection. I need motivated men to enter the program. I currently have 9 at Fort Bragg in the SFQC, 9 that have completed SFAS and are awaiting PCS orders to Bragg for SFQC and another 8 that I'm training for SFAS attendance. I would like to add guys like you to my numbers, so please consider it.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:56 AM

Very Nice... Somthing to look foreward to after im done with Active Duty.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:58 AM

Can you be in the CSMR?
Old 02-06-2017, 1:41 PM

Sorry, I can't take you through CSMR