Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-01-2019, 6:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betfair39 View Post
What is a good cause for the county? Is dealing with super expensive cinema gear and being responsible for the transportation of them counts as a good cause?
Basically, donating enough money to the Sheriff’s reelection fund.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper
Old 08-01-2019, 9:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betfair39 View Post
What is a good cause for the county? Is dealing with super expensive cinema gear and being responsible for the transportation of them counts as a good cause?
ETA: See post #961 for the best info we have re. what AV will accept for GC. Per that (vs the old documents on his CCW Info webpage), it sounds like he's taken LA Co to "light red", which is what we assumed from his statements during the campaign. But, so far, only 1 person has contacted me re. getting issued, and they'd be issued even under a dark red GC standard.

See the Sonoma Co GC standard posted in post #979, immediately above your post for an example of a dark red GC policy.

Another example of a dark red GC standard is given at Ala Co SO's website here:
Quote:
In order to request a CCW license, applicants must satisfy all of the requirements of the Policy, including demonstrating that they have "good cause" and are of "good moral character." There is no one specific "good cause" for issuance of a license, as each applicant's justification is different. Applicants must show evidence that (1) there is a documented, presently existing, clear and present danger to life, or great bodily harm to the applicant and/or his or her spouse, domestic partner, or dependents, (2) the danger of harm is specific to the applicant, or his or her immediate family, and is not generally shared by other similarly situated members of the public, (3) existing law enforcement resources cannot adequately address the danger of harm, (4) the danger of harm cannot reasonably be avoided by alternative measures, and (5) licensing the applicant to carry a concealed weapon is likely to significantly reduce the danger of harm.
From: https://www.alamedacountysheriff.org/admin_ia_ccw.php

Here's LASO's CCW webpage: http://lasd.org/ccw_info.html Go through the links in the top right.

My GUESS is that "dealing with super expensive cinema gear and being responsible for the transportation of them" would count as a good cause if it is over whatever $$$ requirement AV has set (value determined by $$$ they'd fetch being sold as stolen "on the street," not the $$$ they cost new or the $$$ they'd cost to replace). But I don't know what that $$$ hurdle is. $1,000? $5,000? $10,000? $25,000? More???

Regardless, applying and getting a GC determination is CHEAP -- $10.00 (See p.3 at: http://lasd.org/pdfjs/CCW_Licensing_...April_2019.pdf). Why not apply?

Remember: so far, I know of only 1 person who's been issued a CCW by AV. Other than that one person, we don't know what would be accepted as sufficient GC. If you apply, after you get approved or denied, please post or PM me with your GC so that others may get an indication of whether their GC is sufficient. (But do not include so much detail as to ID yourself.) ALL correspondence with me is kept in STRICT confidence.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-01-2019 at 11:42 AM..
Old 08-01-2019, 11:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

There is technically a provision in the law that allows you to apply for a permit in a county other than your residence - but its limitations are so great as to make it unattractive to, I suspect, a large portion of potential applicants.

Basically, if you live in one county and work in another, and spend a substantial portion of your time in your working county, you may apply for a permit in your working county.

However, the license is valid only in your working county; it is only valid for up to 90 days; and any renewal requires the approval of your working county IA and your residence county IA.

See Section 262200(b) of the Ca Penal Code:

Quote:
(b) If the licensee’s place of employment or business was the basis for issuance of a license pursuant to Section 26150, the license is valid for any period of time not to exceed 90 days from the date of the license. The license shall be valid only in the county in which the license was originally issued. The licensee shall give a copy of this license to the licensing authority of the city, county, or city and county in which the licensee resides. The licensing authority that originally issued the license shall inform the licensee verbally and in writing in at least 16-point type of this obligation to give a copy of the license to the licensing authority of the city, county, or city and county of residence. Any application to renew or extend the validity of, or reissue, the license may be granted only upon the concurrence of the licensing authority that originally issued the license and the licensing authority of the city, county, or city and county in which the licensee resides.
So very likely worthless.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex889 View Post
can anyone send me a link for all the requirements for getting a ccw in los angekes area,
First question: Do you live in the City of Los Angeles? If yes, check out: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1423638

If you do NOT live in the City of Los Angeles, but DO live in Los Angeles County, read this and go through the last few pages of that thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
The more I think about what AV said re. GC, the more I think he's saying taken LA Co to "light red." What this means, as I posted above, is that thousands of small business owners and others should be able to get CCWs. While this won't help the vast majority of law-abiding LA Co residents, the more CCWers the better for us and the worse for BGs. Plus, if they apply and get issued now, they won't be clogging up the system if/when we win a RBA from SCOTUS.

Here's what AV says re. GC (at 1:35 to 2:10): "We actually, we, ah, reduced the standard from impossible to a "good cause." So, all I'm asking for for an applicant for a CCW is give me a particularized reason that is specific to you, not generalized fear of crime, but specifically to you. It could be (1) your occupation. (2) It could be the activities you’re doing and what time of day. (3) You could be a victim of a violent crime, say you have a stalker from hell on your case and and they're out and about, they're not in prison. All of these things, anyone of these things, and we're applying them pretty generously. So, we changed the standard but you have to apply for it."

#1 and 3 are common GC justifications in restrictive counties: your job/occupation puts you at risk or you have had threats against you that have been reported to police. I couldn't clearly make out what he said re. #2 above. I wrote what I thought he said, but it doesn't make sense to me. If someone can understand him better, please post it and I'll edit the above.

Then he compares LA Co's standard to rural counties' ("Shall Issue"). He then, erroneously, claims because of LA Co's population density, Shall Issue would be a bad policy. While OC has only 1/3rd of the pop. of LA Co, it has that pop in 1/4th of the area, and so is ~10% more population dense than LA Co and yet has >20,000 2-year CCWs issued vs ~500 for LA Co! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._in_California

2:25 He then goes into why "more guns on the streets" isn't a good policy in his opinion. This is where the only counter argument is the 2nd A and since (a) CCWs aren't under the 2nd and (b) SCOTUS hasn't ruled on the RBA, you can't go that way, but rather need to point out his policy argument is invalid given the experiences of Sacto, Fresno, Orange and now, San Diego counties and the large urban cities and counties in the 42 Shall Issue states, not one of which has gone from liberal issuance to restrictive issuance.

3:25 AV then mistakenly says that the Supreme Court has "decided again and again" that CCWs can be restrictively issued.

4:50 AV says that the "overwhelming majority" of LA Co residents want a GC requirement. Again, since SCOTUS hasn't yet said we have a right to public Carry, this issue is a policy/political issue, not a rights issue.

4:55 AV says his standard is different for residents who live in really rural parts of LA Co. (4) Most likely, IMO, he'll require you to either live or have a job that requires you to be in such a rural area. This may indicate a another possible acceptable GC being regularly hiking, backpacking, motorcycling or camping in rural areas with long LE response times. Of course, you'll need to prove you actually do those activities (photos, log books, maps, camping/park receipts, etc.). But you never know until you or someone else applies and lets the rest of us know. It only costs $10 to get a Good Cause decision by LACSO.
Quote:
does anyone know if it is possible to get a ccw in a different county then the one you live in
As others have said, essentially no. FWIW, many county sheriffs don't even issue the 90 day Business CCW permits.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-01-2019 at 11:14 PM..
Old 08-02-2019, 3:33 AM

I don't know about different cities within LA county, but a co-worker of mine obtains his through his local PD. Maybe try that route?
Old 08-02-2019, 10:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

never from la county sheriffs find small town.

Last edited by edgerly779; 08-02-2019 at 2:05 PM..
Old 08-02-2019, 10:59 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
can anyone send me a link for all the requirements for getting a ccw in los angekes area
The links are on the top right column: http://lasd.org/ccw_info.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
never in la county

Sheriff AV is issuing, but we don't know yet the "weakest" GC that will pass muster. We know of 1 CCW being issued and their GC, but it would pass even in a dark red county. We've heard other CGNers are applying, including one who says his GC would pass in a yellow county, so in the months ahead, as their apps get processed and they make posts and/or PM me, we should have a better idea of AV's GC standard. IMO, the odds are it will be light red. It costs only $10 to apply and get a GC decision. No applying guarantees you don't get a CCW.

So far, Alex889, you haven't given us a clue as to what your GC is like. Tell us (but without so much detail as to ID yourself).

Quote:
A 10+ year CGN member told me someone they know has been issued a CCW by LA Co's new sheriff, Alex Villanueva. The CGNer claims to have seen it themselves. They say the new CCWer has a GC that would pass a "strict" (dark red) GC standard. That's all I can post about this applicant/CCWer.

Hopefully, as more CGNers apply and get issued or denied we'll get a better idea of whether people with "light red" or even "yellow" Good Causes will be approved, and more details about AV's CCW process. (If you don't want to post about yourself, just PM me and I'll work up a post with your information and post it after your approval. All correspondence kept in strict confidence.)

No, we have not "won" LA Co. yet (it is not light green AFAIK). But the hope is (1) AV is keeping his campaign promise to issue more CCWs and (2) as time goes by he'll slowly liberalize issuance further.

But for now, it is time to celebrate! LASD Sheriff Villenueva is issuing CCWs!

Last edited by Paladin; 08-02-2019 at 1:16 PM..
Old 08-02-2019, 2:01 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

It's encouraging seeing LA light red on your map Paladin, better that than the other way around fir sure... But unless we start hearing from ordinary citizens that have obtained a CCW, nothing has changed. AV's interview certainly did nothing to make me feel the local plumber or real estate person etc. that feels they need to carry for self preservation stands any better chance today than they did this time last year.

I hope I am wrong.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
But unless we start hearing from ordinary citizens that have obtained a CCW, nothing has changed.
I heard about an "ordinary citizen" who got one. Things have changed.

What was extraordinary about them was their GC, not their title, their political connections, position, or donations or anything else. Best not to mix up the two when talking about CCWs. That's a common source of confusion. Focus on the GC requirement and the applicant's GC, whether they're "average" or "ordinary" or any other ambiguous terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
(1) AV's interview certainly did nothing to make me feel the local plumber or (2) real estate person etc. that feels they need to carry for self preservation stands any better chance today than they did this time last year.
Re: (1) Best to listen to the part of the interview re. GC and CCWs again, but this time ignore everything the misguided 2nd A advocate says -- his heart is in the right place, but he's confused and will confuse you too if you let him. Just pay attention to AV re. GC.

The moderator starts off by giving AV an underhanded pitch to knock out of the park justifying being restrictive in issuing CCWs. AV could have easily followed her lead, but he didn't. Instead he said the opposite: he's lowered the GC bar and issuing more CCWs than McDonnell. That speaks volumes, esp when he says it on camera (vs claiming 1-on-1 "I'm pro CCW").

Re: (2) I don't know how you can think a RE agent doesn't have a better chance with AV than with McDonnell. In post #5 above, going by the quote of myself re. the video, a female RE agent who shows residential RE to strangers alone could very well qualify under points #1 & 2. If she's been victimized on the job as well (point #3) and it was reported to the police, I feel pretty much certain that AV will issue her a CCW because that would pass "dark red." If she hadn't been victimized, but has been made to feel fearful (reported to police or employer/broker), she MAY get issued since that would be "light red" level GC. If she hasn't felt fearful (yet), but feels a need to carry since she's regularly so vulnerable, she could get issued if AV has in fact taken LA Co to "yellow." But we'll never know until people apply and get their GCs either denied or approved (for only $10) and let us know. That's why the map uses multiple colors vs B&W to indicated the GC a particular sheriff requires. IOW, we need female RE agents who've been attacked, who've only been frightened and who only feel vulnerable to ALL apply and let us know how it goes so that we can ensure the map reflect reality. We do NOT want people to apply who have no chance, but we do NOT want people to not apply who have a solid chance.

We now know AV issues for dark red GC. Great, that's better than McDonnell. We now want to know if AV issues for light red or yellow GC. We can only determine that if people with that level of GC (that they can prove exist), apply and let us know if they get approved or not (again, that costs only $10). How many female residential RE agents are in LA Co? I'd guess thousands. Dittos with property managers who collect cash rents. Add in all the convenience store owners, gas station owners, fast food restaurant owners, Mom & Pop grocery store owners, restaurant owners, bar owners, small shop owners who make regular cash deposits -- that's more thousands, maybe tens of thousands of more people who could qualify. If AV will issue to the managers as well as owners, that may almost double the number. ALL of those categories have a sold chance (IOW, such a good chance they should try applying, esp for only $10), of getting issued if AV has taken LA Co to light red, and would definitely get issued if AV has taken LA Co to yellow. What LA Co CGNers should do is figure out how to reach out to those categories of people to inform them about CCWs and encourage them to apply.

CGNers who say no one can get issued or saying nothing's changed with AV until LA Co goes dark green (SD/PP = GC) are not helping our cause, they're hurting it by discouraging all applicants, as well as lying....

Last edited by Paladin; 08-02-2019 at 11:26 PM..
Old 08-03-2019, 12:30 AM
Calguns Addict

To get a permit in LA City or County you will have to be very famous and or big time political donor.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
To get a permit in LA City or County you will have to be very famous and or big time political donor.
Old 08-03-2019, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slixx1320 View Post
I don't know about different cities within LA county, but a co-worker of mine obtains his through his local PD. Maybe try that route?
Where does your co-worker live? That can make a world of difference.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 08-06-2019, 4:54 PM

Not directly related but could potentially shift his attitude?

https://mobile.twitter.com/lacosheri...68156490891265

Quote:
It’s time to end the manufacture and sale of semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines, period.
Regardless, pretty ridiculous.
Old 08-06-2019, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shungokusatsu View Post
Not directly related but could potentially shift his attitude?

https://mobile.twitter.com/lacosheri...68156490891265

Regardless, pretty ridiculous.

I’m not quite following by what you meant. Are you saying that he could potentially shift his attitude toward issuing more CCW, or breaking his campaign promise and not issuing more CCW? I think if you mean that he is leaning towards continuing McDonnell’s “policy” and virtually not issuing anymore CCW, that is somewhat expected.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:14 PM
Calguns Supreme Overlord

Quote:
See my post #961 above. Looks like you could qualify under #1 and 3 of the 4 reasons AV would issue a CCW. You should have a solid chance with LASD under AV, from what he says. I'd give it a go. Be sure to review my CoCoCo CCW Advice thread stickied at top of this forum. PM me if you need/want to -- all kept in strict confidence. Be sure to let us know after you get issued/denied.
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOELKY View Post
Well, glad you got the kit anyways, I'm sure I'll fondle it a little in the near future..... oh God, that's going to be in somebody's signature....:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOELKY View Post
put me in line, but if Peter W. Bush takes it, I need to be removed from his Signature line.......:D
Old 08-19-2019, 8:24 PM

As expected, I recieved my denial for a ccw permit from LA County today. I applied following AV's statements indicating he'd be willing to issue to those with certain situations.

My good cause was essentially (paraphrasing):
I work in a dangerous area surrounded by very valuable equipment worth millions, in the middle of the night by myself, in a high crime area with a documented history of service requests from the police. I also live in a rural area where response times may be delayed.

Denial stated:

Dear Mr. Economou

We have recieved and reviewed your application for a concealed weapon license. The circumstances, as outlined in the application, do not satisfy the requirements for the existence of good cause and we must, pursuant to our policy, deny your request.

Our stated policy as to what constitutes good cause for the issuance of a permit is stated below for your information:

".....specifically state under the section entitled "Qualifications for a CCW license" those circumstances which present convincing evidence of a clear and present danger to life, or great bodily harm to the applicant, his/her spouse or dependent child, which cannot be adequately dealt with by existing law enforcement resources and which danger cannot be reasonably avoided by alternative measures, and which danger would be significantly mitigated by applicant's carrying of a concealed firearm."

"Convincing evidence of a clear and present danger..." refers to a current situation which involves a specific person(s) who has threatened an individual and who has displayed a pattern of behavior which would suggest that the threat(s) could be carried out. Situations which would suggest only a potential danger to ones safety (e.g. carrying large amounts of money to the bank, profession/job, working late hours in a high crime rate area, etc do not satisfy the criteria for issuance of a concealed weapons license."

____
Old 08-19-2019, 8:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Wow, thanks for posting.

Guess he’s not issuing even for carrying high valuable items in high crime areas.

iTrader
Old 08-19-2019, 8:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E View Post
Our stated policy as to what constitutes good cause for the issuance of a permit is stated below for your information:

".....specifically state under the section entitled "Qualifications for a CCW license" those circumstances which present convincing evidence of a clear and present danger to life, or great bodily harm to the applicant, his/her spouse or dependent child, which cannot be adequately dealt with by existing law enforcement resources and which danger cannot be reasonably avoided by alternative measures, and which danger would be significantly mitigated by applicant's carrying of a concealed firearm."

"Convincing evidence of a clear and present danger..." refers to a current situation which involves a specific person(s) who has threatened an individual and who has displayed a pattern of behavior which would suggest that the threat(s) could be carried out. Situations which would suggest only a potential danger to ones safety (e.g. carrying large amounts of money to the bank, profession/job, working late hours in a high crime rate area, etc do not satisfy the criteria for issuance of a concealed weapons license."
Sounds "dark red" to me.

Another CGNer PMed me with about their recent denial and they felt dark red is the correct color.

With the "Bearing Arms" cases before SCOTUS (NYSRPA, Rogers, Gould, Cheeseman), we don't want to waste time with updates when SCOTUS may force nationwide change in our favor (we hope), especially since we say on the map it may be off by 1 color either direction.
Old 08-19-2019, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E View Post
As expected, I recieved my denial for a ccw permit from LA County today. I applied following AV's statements indicating he'd be willing to issue to those with certain situations.

My good cause was essentially (paraphrasing):

I work in a dangerous area surrounded by very valuable equipment worth millions, in the middle of the night by myself, in a high crime area with a documented history of service requests from the police. I also live in a rural area where response times may be delayed.

Denial stated:

Dear Mr. Economou

We have recieved and reviewed your application for a concealed weapon license. The circumstances, as outlined in the application, do not satisfy the requirements for the existence of good cause and we must, pursuant to our policy, deny your request.

____

Wow. Really sorry to hear this. That is incredible.

Well, it looks like AV has proven himself to be the Sheriff we expected all along and is no different than McDonnell. While I am not surprised by these outcomes, it is still disappointing and discouraging.
Old 08-19-2019, 9:22 PM

It seems that AV continues drawing controversies and negative lights upon himself. There was this news earlier in the day:

Fired Deputy Who Was Rehired by Sheriff Villanueva is Ordered to Give Up His Badge and Gun https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...tml?akmobile=o

I think it is unlikely that he will start issuing CCWs any time soon, otherwise he will draw even more criticisms and controversies.

We traded a bad Sheriff for a worse Sheriff in LA County.
Old 08-26-2019, 4:48 PM

Cool

CCW application tsunami?

Just for discussion sake, what if there were to be an organized effort to have a very large and diverse number of CCW applications hit the LASD at the same time. This would be in conjunction with a PR effort by 2A groups making the public aware of the sudden flood of applications and of course the eventual denials. Of course the fact that neighboring jurisdictions do issue CCWs would also be pushed.

The goal would be more about protest of LASD not issuing and general CCW awareness than expecting them to issue. Perhaps some skilled 2A litigators could also spin some straw into gold as well.

Thoughts?
Old 08-26-2019, 5:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmGuy View Post
CCW application tsunami?

Just for discussion sake, what if there were to be an organized effort to have a very large and diverse number of CCW applications hit the LASD at the same time. This would be in conjunction with a PR effort by 2A groups making the public aware of the sudden flood of applications and of course the eventual denials. Of course the fact that neighboring jurisdictions do issue CCWs would also be pushed.

The goal would be more about protest of LASD not issuing and general CCW awareness than expecting them to issue. Perhaps some skilled 2A litigators could also spin some straw into gold as well.

Thoughts?
Currently, I don't think there is any real consequences to being anti-CCW or anti-gun in L.A. Not enough to change the behavior of an elected official. Also, while AV may have given "dark red" good cause as examples, the implementation, right now, appears to be unchanged from previous cronies. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee

Last edited by Mute; 08-26-2019 at 5:27 PM..
Old 08-26-2019, 5:32 PM

I think it would be effective at showing the county to county disparity in issuing CCWs. Maybe a planned "LAC CCW Application Day" set a few months ahead . Kind of a "flash crowd" idea

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2019, 5:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
CCW application tsunami?

Thoughts?

I no longer pursue Quixotic quest.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-26-2019 at 5:46 PM..
Old 08-26-2019, 7:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

This is southern California. I think LASO would bask in the confirmation that they don’t issue many CCWs and the neighboring agencies would take heat because they do.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper
Old 09-06-2019, 12:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Just for discussion sake, what if there were to be an organized effort to have a very large and diverse number of CCW applications hit the LASD at the same time.
Thoughts?
This "mass applications as a protest" idea comes up here fairly regularly. It's not a good idea. They can mass reject application perfectly easily. I'm pretty sure that after the Peruta panel decision, there was in fact a mass amount of applications, which were met with a mass rejection after the panel decision was overturned. The county doesn't shed any tears when they send a rejection letter, or 1000 rejection letters. It costs a $10 fee to submit the preliminary app so it doesn't even cost the county any funds to reject it. It's a form letter.

This is not an effective protest because the fact is, the sheriff is doing exactly what the voters want him to do.

These are the same reasons why gun rights protest marches are a bad idea.

Why are leftist protests effective? Because they are actually organized with the cooperation of the existing leadership here and are supported by voters here. None of that applies to us.

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.

Last edited by CCWFacts; 09-08-2019 at 12:29 PM..
Old 09-18-2019, 9:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyoun View Post
A sheriff deputy told me the CCW license will be much easier to get in about 6 months or so. We'll see.
Old 09-18-2019, 2:01 PM

I am from Cerritos, CA, where do I turn in the application?
Old 09-20-2019, 9:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X808 View Post
I am from Cerritos, CA, where do I turn in the application?

Applications from most cities within LA County are now consolidated at the LA County Sheriff’s Department, but you should call the Cerritos Sheriff’s Station to confirm.
Old 09-20-2019, 9:18 AM

Quote:

I don’t recall any other corroborating evidence to support this statement since the original post was posted. It may be just hearsay, in my opinion. How do we check in two weeks if this is true? Any ideas?
Old 09-20-2019, 9:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1NM View Post
Or have a tattoo like this:

Attachment 836299

Last edited by Mayor McRifle; 03-23-2020 at 5:57 PM..
Old 09-20-2019, 10:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kflakes View Post
I don’t recall any other corroborating evidence to support this statement since the original post was posted. It may be just hearsay, in my opinion. How do we check in two weeks if this is true? Any ideas?
(1) I was bumping it as a reminder. (2) It could be that Sheriff AV is watching to see if SCOTUS takes NYSRPA or a Carry case next month. Or it could just be a coincidence that CCWs were also predicted to liberalize next month.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:30 PM

I have been searching on the latest update on Villanueva and CCW applications. No dice. Anybody else have any update on this?
Old 10-13-2019, 11:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I have been searching on the latest update on Villanueva and CCW applications. No dice. Anybody else have any update on this?
You're not going to find what doesn't exist.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:27 PM

Does anybody have any update on this?
Old 12-27-2019, 4:29 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Does anybody have any update on this?
The update is that you absolutely ZERO chance of getting a CCW in L.A. County. Move to a CCW friendly county and please don't tell me it can't be done!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 12-27-2019, 7:31 AM
Veteran Member

There is no update, there is no change. Paladin hoped there would be a change, so he changed the color on the map. He heard from quite a few folks that nothing had changed but he still wants to play wait and see...
Old 12-27-2019, 10:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mej16489 View Post
There is no update, there is no change. Paladin hoped there would be a change, so he changed the color on the map. He heard from quite a few folks that nothing had changed but he still wants to play wait and see...
baggss and I discussed LA Co a few months ago and agreed AV's had enough time to keep his campaign promise to liberalize issuance (vis-a-vis his predecessor), if he really intended to. We decided to flip it back to Dark Red at the next revision, which should go online in the next few weeks. (We're not doing updates as frequently as we used to and I'm still getting intel on one last anti county.) FWIW all maps posted on CGN in the last couple of years should automatically update because of the way baggss has set it up. (He's the IT guy.)

AV said he'd issue more than previous sheriff, so that, in our mind, ruled out Dark Red. He said he would not accept SD = GC (unlike the other challenger), so that ruled out Dark Green (even though Dark Green includes SOs that require some GC and proof of it). Thus, we could have gone with Light Red, Yellow or Light Green. We went conservative/pessimistic with Light Red and were still disappointed by AV. As far as we can tell, AV hasn't changed the GC standard.

Maybe AV will "flip" the way Gore has and eventually liberalize. But until then (or until a SCOTUS/CA9 smack down), virtually none of you can get a LASD CCW.

ETA: For those who want a CCW but don't want to even switch counties, IIRC, there's a list somewhere of cities within LA Co with their own PDs that issue CCWs more liberally. Before moving, make sure they issue liberally enough for you to pass. Also, don't forget Chiefs are political appointees and can be easily replaced. Thus you could move, get issued, the chief get replace and then get denied at a renewal, assuming the new chief doesn't just pull all permits.

And, of course, we're all waiting for NYSRPA case at SCOTUS before July 01 and, probably next year, for several Carry Cases at SCOTUS (assuming they all don't get granted, vacated, and remanded simultaneously with a NYSRPA decision this year).

ETA2: So, for now, do what you should do even when you get to CCW: while in public, stay in "yellow" in Cooper's Color Code; obey the 4-Stupids Rule; and EDC pepper spray. Just those 3 things will prevent most bad things from happening to you and get you out of most of what you can't avoid.

Last edited by Paladin; 12-27-2019 at 3:42 PM..
Old 12-30-2019, 1:17 PM

Digressing from the topic a little bit, I am sure everyone saw the news about the shooting in Texas. This is such an awful incident and innocent lives were lost. Really sad about the good folks who unnecessarily lost their lives. But what an example of how responsible, law abiding armed citizens can stop a potentially much worse massacre. The incident was over within 6 seconds. I wish Dark Red and Light Red counties, including Los Angeles, take notice of this.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/30/us/te...day/index.html

Again, sorry for the digression from the topic. Back to the usual program.
Old 12-30-2019, 1:34 PM

Sorry, had to post this one too. I promise this is the last one. The hero who took out the gunman had a great quote:

"You don't know when something bad is going to happen or where it's going to happen. You carry it [your gun] anywhere and everywhere you legally can because you never know when you're going to have to use it."

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/ch...unman/2283824/