Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-12-2018, 8:42 PM

I modified my permit, deleted 2 firearms added 1 online, very painless.
Submitted info around 2100 hrs Monday night, received notification at 0800 that the new modified permit was ready for pick up
Old 12-22-2018, 7:17 AM

On 12/21 to avoid qualifying classes I submitted online to add 1 weapon to my permit. The email response I received was I needed to submit DOJ modification form before request could be granted. I called the KCSD and asked what that form was and where I could get one and she stated “You’ll get that after your class”. I said that law doesn’t go into effect until next year and she said we know but today is our last day in the office and we won’t be back until next year. WTH?
Old 12-31-2018, 10:38 PM

When did you acquire the firearm you want to add to your ccw permit? I would like to see a link for DOJ Modification Form, send me a PM if you like Thanks

Last edited by inyocountymark; 12-31-2018 at 10:43 PM..
Old 01-04-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyocountymark View Post

When did you acquire the firearm you want to add to your ccw permit? I would like to see a link for DOJ Modification Form, send me a PM if you like Thanks
I acquired the firearm in 2018 and the DOJ form I believe comes from the instructor. I have not qualified yet so I am uncertain but will follow up here once I do.
Old 01-04-2019, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline View Post
I have a question I recently moved to rosamond which is in Kern county just changed over my driver license
I received I Brown card as a temporary because my drivers license is do in the middle of next year
Can I use the Brown license to start my process

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Welcome to the neighborhood. I am in Rosamond as well. Neva Pahl of Jarvis Firearms training is the place to go for the new training classes that are required. Jess Farmer (the pencil whipping fool died last year)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2019, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Papa View Post
I acquired the firearm in 2018 and the DOJ form I believe comes from the instructor. I have not qualified yet so I am uncertain but will follow up here once I do.
I didnt get no form from my instructor, I just followed the instructions and picked up modified permit next day
Old 01-07-2019, 4:19 PM

Quote:
I didnt get no form from my instructor, I just followed the instructions and picked up modified permit next day
When did you submit the form? Apparently the day I submitted was the last day the folks that process these requests were working.
Old 01-08-2019, 9:19 PM

Quote:
When did you submit the form? Apparently the day I submitted was the last day the folks that process these requests were working.
03DEC2018, I think you hit the nail on the head, last day of work 2018,

it looks like any modification to your permit, like adding a firearm will require certification from one of the instructors on the KCSO approved trainers list, imo that could equate into some dollars for one on one training just to add a weapon to the permit or wait 2 years which doesn't sound to good

Last edited by inyocountymark; 01-08-2019 at 9:26 PM..
Old 02-12-2019, 12:36 PM

FYI... KCSD requires qualification of "ALL GUNS LISTED" on permit even if only desiring to add one to existing permit. In my experience I wanted to add a single weapon to the existing permit obtained prior to 2019. I qualified the one and submitted paperwork. At the time of pick up I noticed only the one pistol listed and asked what about the others that were listed? Their response was basically "If any modification is requested... ALL MUST BE QUALIFIED". I had her refund my my $7.50 and hand me my old permit back. It wasn't clear to me but I hope someone see's this and helps to clarify what the current KCSD guidelines are.
Old 02-12-2019, 8:50 PM

Quote:
FYI... KCSD requires qualification of "ALL GUNS LISTED" on permit even if only desiring to add one to existing permit. In my experience I wanted to add a single weapon to the existing permit obtained prior to 2019. I qualified the one and submitted paperwork. At the time of pick up I noticed only the one pistol listed and asked what about the others that were listed? Their response was basically "If any modification is requested... ALL MUST BE QUALIFIED". I had her refund my my $7.50 and hand me my old permit back. It wasn't clear to me but I hope someone see's this and helps to clarify what the current KCSD guidelines are.
it's clear to me that I will have to qualify with the 5 I currently have on the permit
Old 02-13-2019, 5:58 AM

Quote:
it's clear to me that I will have to qualify with the 5 I currently have on the permit
That was certainly clear to me that all must be qualified upon renewal or any new application beginning Jan. 1st, 2019 but was not clear that was the case to add to existing permit for the holder that was not up for renewal. Anyway, I hope this info. may be of value to another.
Old 02-13-2019, 9:01 PM

Quote:
That was certainly clear to me that all must be qualified upon renewal or any new application beginning Jan. 1st, 2019 but was not clear that was the case to add to existing permit for the holder that was not up for renewal. Anyway, I hope this info. may be of value to another.
that's why I modified my permit early dec 2018, not knowing what 2019 would be like..

Thank You for posting, it will certainly help others in the process
Old 02-14-2019, 8:45 PM

Quote:
That's inline with the change in state law, it shouldn't have been too much of a surprise.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2019, 4:16 PM
CGN Contributor

Still get to list 10 guns on your permit in Kern?

Here I am.

"I'm for Hoffa until they pat my face with a shovel and steal my cufflinks." Frank Sheerin
Old 02-15-2019, 4:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Just saw this on the Kern Co SO website (http://www.kernsheriff.com/licensing.aspx). I can't wait to see what the 2018 stats will show.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 02-15-2019, 4:38 PM

Can I apply online?
Old 02-15-2019, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavelek View Post
Can I apply online?
Yes, you can.

https://kernca.permitium.com/ccw/start

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Still get to list 10 guns on your permit in Kern?
yes
Old 03-10-2019, 8:42 PM

yes....every gun on your permit. 12 rounds per gun.....and they actually grade the target now. Piece of cake if you are competent. To each his own......but I don't see the point of 10.

I have had three on my permit since since 1983 and desire no more......I like to be really competent with one and stick with it.