Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-10-2019, 9:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.dakeelstripe View Post
Mabey The gun Range watt ave

Last I heard modifications have lowest priority and can take months

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've seen mods go through in approx 1-2 weeks, but you are correct that they are lower priority.

To the question, some ranges have dedicated CCW mod classes or they will just have you come in for the qual part. Call around. I think Best Handgun Training in Lincoln does that.
Old 01-10-2019, 2:00 PM

THX, I'll give them a try.
Old 01-15-2019, 4:49 AM

I uploaded me renewal documents to Sac website on Thursday evening. Monday afternoon I get an email telling me to pick up my permit. That has got to be some sort of record !!!

In this life you either push or get shoved.

Better to die on your feet then live on your knees.

For evil to succeed, all it takes is for good men to do nothing.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike415stone View Post
I uploaded me renewal documents to Sac website on Thursday evening. Monday afternoon I get an email telling me to pick up my permit. That has got to be some sort of record !!!
Is that for a renewal? I got that beat.

Post # 4279

Quote:
I thought I would put out this info on my recent renewal.

Monday Nov. 27 9 p.m.: Uploaded my info and required documentation.
Tuesday Nov. 28. 10 a.m.: Received email and robot phone call saying card is ready to be picked up.
Tuesday Nov. 28. 11:20 a.m.: Walked into the Hurley office.
Tuesday Nov. 28. 11:25 a.m.: Walked out of Hurley office with my new CCW.

Now, THAT is service!
Old 01-17-2019, 1:12 AM

Maybe dumb q but for some reason I can't find the answer anywhere. I think you can submit a CCW renewal no more than 45 days prior to the expiration of the prior permit. But for how long are the range quals good? I seem to recall something like 2-3 months, but the rules do change. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-17-2019, 4:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
Maybe dumb q but for some reason I can't find the answer anywhere. I think you can submit a CCW renewal no more than 45 days prior to the expiration of the prior permit. But for how long are the range quals good? I seem to recall something like 2-3 months, but the rules do change. Thanks in advance!
Six months....Landing page of the CCW site
Quote:
Training Requirements: Renewal training and New Permit training must be completed within six months of the issuance of the CCW Permit. New Applicants are directed NOT to take their training and qualification courses prior to receiving contingent approval of their application. The following is an overview of training requirements necessary to obtain or renew a CCW Permit in Sacramento County:
Renewal timeline is on the Permitium starting page
Quote:
If the applicant is RENEWING a Concealed Weapon Permit in Sacramento County, they may not apply until 45 days before the expiration date listed on their current Concealed Weapon Permit.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 01-17-2019 at 4:33 AM..
Old 01-17-2019, 11:01 AM

Ah thank you! Duh. It's right there. Looked at that page but managed to miss it. Thanks again.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:26 PM

Well we will see how speedie the new renewal system is loaded every thing up pressed the send button.

Qualified in the rain new system sucks for the instructor each county does a different target and cof makes it hard to comingle counties at a qualification.

I made it worse once I got past weak hand only I shot a large ragged hole and watched him try and count the bullet holes =)

Fun day

Old 01-22-2019, 5:05 PM

Looks like the Sheriffs permit folks are getting that Permitium system humming!!! I successfully uploaded my renewal request and documentation at 2:25 PM (no changes at all from last time) and received my "approved/pick it up" email at 2:46 PM!!!!! "Service with Concern" in action. A great team working with a great leader: Scott Jones.
Old 01-22-2019, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieccw View Post
Looks like the Sheriffs permit folks are getting that Permitium system humming!!! I successfully uploaded my renewal request and documentation at 2:25 PM (no changes at all from last time) and received my "approved/pick it up" email at 2:46 PM!!!!! "Service with Concern" in action. A great team working with a great leader: Scott Jones.
Yea no kidding if I would of see the email at 1040 am id have mine all ready.

Submitted mine Monday @3pm
Email at 1040 am tuesday that I can pick it up on tuesday or Thursday .

Old 01-29-2019, 8:26 PM

FYI, I'm a first-time applicant in Sacramento County.

2018-03-13: application submitted
2018-08-22: appointment (this was one of the first weeks it was available)
2018-08-23: received initial approval
2018-10-04: submitted LiveScan
2018-10-31: cleared background check
2018-11-06: completed 16 hour training class
2019-01-15: received final approval; final payment due
2019-01-15: final payment made
2019-01-15: "your permit has been issued"
2019-01-18: "your permit is ready for pick up"

The delay between 2018-08-23 and 2018-11-06 is my fault, but other than that, I did everything as fast as I could.
"The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards." Lt Gen Sir William Butler, GCB

Selling:
- $500 Featureless AR-15 Rifle with Magpul Furniture
- $85 Bushnell 3-9x, $20 Magpul Fixed Stock, $25 Magpul MOE Stock, $40 Magpul CTR Stock

Looking For:
- Ultimak Rail for Mini-14
Old 02-02-2019, 8:14 AM

I recently acquired a gun that I have been lusting after for years ( Bersa tThender 9 Ultra Compact Pro)
I walked into the Gun range in North Highlands at 9 AM on 1/30/19 an walked out with my qualification paperwork in about 45 minutes.
Submitted my application and related items to the Permitium system late in the evening of 1/31/19
Received an email mid afternoon on 2/1/19 that my new CCW is ready for pick up.
Great Job by both the Gun Range and the Sheriffs' Department.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDN41 View Post
I recently acquired a gun that I have been lusting after for years ( Bersa tThender 9 Ultra Compact Pro)
I walked into the Gun range in North Highlands at 9 AM on 1/30/19 an walked out with my qualification paperwork in about 45 minutes.
Submitted my application and related items to the Permitium system late in the evening of 1/31/19
Received an email mid afternoon on 2/1/19 that my new CCW is ready for pick up.
Great Job by both the Gun Range and the Sheriffs' Department.
Good call not going in there on the weekend. Place is a mad house. Maybe I just went on a particularly busy day but I waited for an hour and a half to shoot.
Old 02-15-2019, 1:42 PM

Quick question about the course of fire for requirements in California, specifically in Sacramento County.

I noticed the new requirements list 6 shots from a kneeling position. I have physical limitations that make it very difficult for me to kneel down on one knee. Well, getting down isn't the main problem, it's getting back up! I've never applied for disability, for work or similar, but I do have a permanent disabled plaque from DMV because of several health issues.

Are persons with disabilities, and or physical limitations accommodated, and if so what documentation is required?

I may be able to work on rehabbing sufficiently to get down on one knee and back up, at least with something to support on, but I'm not sure.

Any clarification is appreciated.

Mike

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2019, 2:12 PM

Just noticed this in the Course of Fire section, at

https://www.besthandguntraining.com/...e-of-Fire.html

"For applicants with disabilities, the instructor has the discretion to permit ADA accomodations, on an individual case by case basis."

John, who runs it, seems like a very reasonable guy, so I'd expect he'd work with you. Btw I have no affiliation with these guys, other than having been a customer. To be sure, you might check with them in advance.
Old 02-15-2019, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush fan View Post

Are persons with disabilities, and or physical limitations accommodated, and if so what documentation is required?

I may be able to work on rehabbing sufficiently to get down on one knee and back up, at least with something to support on, but I'm not sure.

Any clarification is appreciated.

Mike

Per the Sac Sheriff's AB2103 letter for the course of fire: "As permitted, ADA accommodations can still be made at the discretion of the Instructor." In the course I just did, accommodations were offered if necessary for anyone doing the quals. No documentation was required. I would ask the instructor you are using for qualification to make sure accommodations can be made.
Old 02-15-2019, 2:16 PM

That's kind of what I figured, but wanted to see if anyone knew for sure.

Thank you!

Old 02-19-2019, 11:00 AM

https://www.sacsheriff.com/Pages/Org...COMPLIANCE.pdf

I don't see any such exemptions in the letter or sacsheriff.com
Old 02-19-2019, 12:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skishooter View Post
https://www.sacsheriff.com/Pages/Org...COMPLIANCE.pdf

I don't see any such exemptions in the letter or sacsheriff.com
1st page footnote last line.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:23 AM

Thanks Dvrjon!
Old 02-22-2019, 10:24 AM

Thanks Dvrjon!
Old 02-25-2019, 11:18 PM

Best Handgun Training is the class I use. They teach you what you need to know and test you accordingly. I have never had to get down on a knee for testing.
Old 02-26-2019, 5:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedFromCal View Post
Best Handgun Training is the class I use. They teach you what you need to know and test you accordingly. I have never had to get down on a knee for testing.
Have you had to qualify since Jan 1, 2019? Thatís when the Sacramento Countyís adoption of the BSIS training standard, including the kneeling shooting, took effect.

Instructors still have discretion to make accommodations for ADA issues.
Old 02-26-2019, 9:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedFromCal View Post

You will need to abide by the newly mandated course of fire set by SSD when you go back to John.
Old 02-28-2019, 2:36 PM

I'm in Lake County, not Sac, but now the recommendation, by the gun store owner, to take knee pads to class with me makes sense. :P
Old 02-28-2019, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wichlaz View Post
I'm in Lake County, not Sac, but now the recommendation, by the gun store owner, to take knee pads to class with me makes sense. :P
There are some tactical pants (5.11 and others) that have places in the knee to install pads. Might be worth investing in some.
Old 02-28-2019, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markinsac View Post
There are some tactical pants (5.11 and others) that have places in the knee to install pads. Might be worth investing in some.
I have gardening knee pads I'm pretty flexible, but the range is outdoors, on gravel :P
Old 03-02-2019, 9:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Iíve had to shoot the BSIS standard for initial and three renewals.

For this stage, at 7 yards, itís 6 rounds standing, reload, kneel on one knee, fire 6, reload and fire 2. In 45 seconds.

Many ranges limit your practice fire to one round per second.

If you shoot at that pace, youíll burn 14 seconds shooting. That gives you 31 seconds...over 1/2 minute....to reload, kneel and reload.

Then, the stage is over and you can take your own sweet time standing back up.

The major problem Iíve seen is folks worrying about the time and shooting too fast. If you fired this stage at a rate of 2 secs/rd, youíd still have 19 secs to reload and kneel. And you scores will get better.

This isnít a speed competition, and there isnít any shame in not being done when the other shooters have finished. Itís a qualification, not a race.
Old 03-02-2019, 9:18 PM

Received the golden text/email Thursday "1 week from initial interview" that I can continue in the process and get Live Scan, training and upload recent address proof. I went the very next morning to get Live Scan and scanned in the proof of address in Permitium. My question is should I have waited to upload the address doc until I had the training and qualification certs to be scanned in all at once? Also is that "acknowledge" button supposed to be clicked after all required docs have been scanned in? I clicked it after I scanned the address doc and thought to myself "should've clicked it when every doc is scanned in".
Old 03-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar6marg View Post
Received the golden text/email Thursday "1 week from initial interview" that I can continue in the process and get Live Scan, training and upload recent address proof. I went the very next morning to get Live Scan and scanned in the proof of address in Permitium. My question is should I have waited to upload the address doc until I had the training and qualification certs to be scanned in all at once?

No.

Also is that "acknowledge" button supposed to be clicked after all required docs have been scanned in? I clicked it after I scanned the address doc and thought to myself "should've clicked it when every doc is scanned in".

Don't worry about it. When you update the system, it'll flag reviewers.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Renewal Timeline

Feb 18, 2:30 p.m.: Uploaded ID documents, application and payment with a note explaining training to be accomplished later. (I wanted to make sure the communications worked).

Feb 18, 2:45 p.m.: Received automated email acknowledgement of upload.

Feb 21, 8:38 a.m.: Received email acknowledging documents, asking for clarification of one issue and stating that they will put file in ďpendingĒ awaiting training documents.

Feb 28, 10:00 p.m.: Uploaded training documents and clarifying documents.

(Friday and a weekend pass)

Mar 4, 8:05 a.m.: Received email stating my CCW renewal has been approved. Pick up dates are Tues and Thurs.

Mar 5, 10:35a.m.: Picked up CCW at Hurley Ave. Had to turn in existing permit which would expire on Mar 9.

They also provided the two attached documents (one page; two sides)

Major point: Anniversary dates of your license are not retained. If you renew too early, you will lose time on your permit.

So, you can "preload" everything, as I did, but hold back the training certificate. Drop the cert into the system when you are a couple of days out and can get clear to pick up on Tuesday or Thursday (8-12 and 1:30-4).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sac Sheriff CCW Info - 1.jpg (101.5 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg Sac Sheriff CCW Info - 2.jpg (96.7 KB, 149 views)
Old 03-05-2019, 1:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Do modifications need the complete application filled out again? I hate even bothering doing one but Iím transitioning to options that work better for me.
Old 03-05-2019, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
Do modifications need the complete application filled out again? I hate even bothering doing one but Iím transitioning to options that work better for me.
Yes, you have to complete all the paperwork. It might be a good idea to keep a copy for reference for future paperwork.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yes, you have to complete all the paperwork. It might be a good idea to keep a copy for reference for future paperwork.
Iíll need to see if I made copies, thank you.
Old 03-07-2019, 8:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

So... theyíre doing weapons mods again now? Or is it still only for address change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2019, 9:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Iíll need to see if I made copies, thank you.
I would suggest you start the application online, and then see what information you need. Most of the data is identification information and guns so the license can be filled out by the machine.

During the process, you can establish an account and come back to it if you need to get other information (like training certs).
Old 03-07-2019, 9:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
So... theyíre doing weapons mods again now? Or is it still only for address change?

You're just wanting to do this so you can gripe about the humongous size of the license, huh?
Old 03-07-2019, 9:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
You're just wanting to do this so you can gripe about the humongous size of the license, huh?

Ha! I have a remedy for that, remember?
Actually, this was a serious question, which is uncharacteristic for me.

Old 03-07-2019, 9:28 AM

Just to be clear - the Sheriff's Permitium web site states that weapons modifications can only be done at the time of renewal. Please wait until then unless they update their web site.

Address modifications are the only "updates" being processed between renewals right now.
Old 03-07-2019, 9:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Just to be clear - the Sheriff's Permitium web site states that weapons modifications can only be done at the time of renewal. Please wait until then unless they update their web site.

Address modifications are the only "updates" being processed between renewals right now.

Oh man, I messed up then... When I renewed people here posted that weapon modifications were still being done so I wasnít in a rush picking up what I needed. I guess Iím stuck with one gun for another 1 1/2 years