Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 02-02-2019, 4:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
First, congratulations Mark on getting approved and through the process. I’m glad to see you’re not holding up the issuance stats anymore! (J/k)

Second, I’ve recently met with the ccw unit and they are increasing the amount of employer letters they want. Basically, if you reference any organizations (non-profits, church, volunteer, work) then the new policy is Bianco wants that org to fill out the employment form or have them write a letter corroborating your GC. This is a new policy and makes some of the good causes used in the past harder if you don’t want to have someone else submit letters or fill out forms.

I’m a little disappointed to see Bianco require more paperwork instead of less for ccw issuance. Especially since getting more permits out there was a big part of his campaign.

I also asked about using just “self defense” as a GC and was told that hasn’t been approved and they still require some form of written explanation. So that was the current state of policy within the last couple of weeks.
Wonder if they will require something, say hypothetically, you take call at a hospital and get called in in the middle of the night?
Old 02-02-2019, 5:29 PM
This space for rent!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRIETA45 View Post
Well good news. Got the call that my CCW has been approved. Itís been a long, drawn out process for me this time but it all worked out in the positive.

Not sure if itís the new policies taking effect or what but Iím glad Iím almost there.

Now to wait for the March 2nd class/qual (unless someone wants to be a peach and let me have their February 16th date .

Thanks to those who gave me positive vibes.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats Mark!!!!!!

Welcome to the club - finally! Carry safe and often.

NRA life member since 1997
CRPA member
Old 02-04-2019, 7:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimvh2 View Post
Congrats Mark!!!!!!

Welcome to the club - finally! Carry safe and often.
Thank you sir!

Mark
Old 02-04-2019, 8:26 PM

It's about time Mark, congrats man!

Jake
Old 02-05-2019, 5:22 PM

Another tip
When I went down to do my livescan I paid extra to have them do my fingerprints for my AZ ccw. Just make sure you have all of your info filled on the two cards. Follow the instructions on the piece of paper that comes with the AZ packet. They want it filled out a certain way. Pay the extra $20 and they'll roll your prints.
Old 02-06-2019, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbuljake View Post
It's about time Mark, congrats man!

Jake
Thanks Jake!

Mark

Old 02-11-2019, 3:44 AM

Does anyone please have the number for the office on Lemon to make an appointment for live Scan? PM is fine, thanks.
Old 02-11-2019, 5:04 AM
This space for rent!
CGN Contributor

Riverside County Sheriff’s Department
CCW Unit
4095 Lemon St. 5th Floor
Riverside CA 92501
(951) 486-2856

CRPA member
Old 02-11-2019, 6:19 AM

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2019, 6:53 PM

I saw that Kern county wasn't too bad to do add/delete of guns.. has anyone interviewed this year or renewed lately?
Old 02-17-2019, 7:46 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eross24 View Post
saw this posted on the facebag today

Any updates on this? Was this a private group this was posted in?

Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777
Old 02-17-2019, 8:14 PM

Does anyone know if you can change the guns on your application after your initial interview but before Live Scan or qualification? The three guns I put on the actual DOJ form I'm good with, but want to change the three I wrote in on the extra sheet.
Old 02-18-2019, 9:12 AM

Quote:
Any updates on this? Was this a private group this was posted in?
yes its in a closed group. you can use self defense but you have to explain reasons for self defense as I am to understand.
Old 02-18-2019, 2:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Just had my interview last week. I used my business as my ccw reason because I will do service calls in the evening and not sure of the area I will be in. I also carry cash and tools. Ike told me to also write that I shoot in remote parts of the desert and camp in remote spots and that I am applying for a ccw to protect myself and my family. I had a buddy use that he hikes alot in remote areas and is concerned about homeless or wild animals attacking him.
Old 02-19-2019, 7:44 AM

Congrats Mark, it's been a long road for you.
Old 02-19-2019, 8:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox70066 View Post
Congrats Mark, it's been a long road for you.
Thanks Firefox! Too long.

Mark
Old 02-19-2019, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comandante costello View Post
Does anyone know if you can change the guns on your application after your initial interview but before Live Scan or qualification? The three guns I put on the actual DOJ form I'm good with, but want to change the three I wrote in on the extra sheet.
If you do your qual at Ben Clark, they are going to give you a sheet to write the serial numbers of your guns on. That is the one they pay attention to. As long as you have the gun there (and qual with it) you can put it on at that time. Just be sure all guns are in your name (or your spouse's).
Old 02-19-2019, 9:54 PM

Default Modifications to carry guns

So, does anyone have a read on what types of modifications from factory condition are acceptable under Sheriff Bianco? I was told, by a credible source, that sights are ok, but pretty much nothing more. No caliber changes. No stippling. No triggers. I have an Apex DAE trigger package in my M&P 40c. I installed tritium night sights. And, I would like to put in a 9mm barrel. Any chance those mods would be acceptable?
Old 02-19-2019, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member

Location: Riverside County - where the rednecks and hillbillies meet the suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by marausch View Post
So, does anyone have a read on what types of modifications from factory condition are acceptable under Sheriff Bianco? I was told, by a credible source, that sights are ok, but pretty much nothing more. No caliber changes. No stippling. No triggers. I have an Apex DAE trigger package in my M&P 40c. I installed tritium night sights. And, I would like to put in a 9mm barrel. Any chance those mods would be acceptable?

As long as your guns are approved by the rangemaster or the training company you do your quals with youíre good to go with the guns on your permit. Triggers like the apex kit have been approved in the past as long as they maintain a pull over 4lbs or close to factory. Sights have never been a problem as far as I know.

Stippling can be problematic and usually is NOT approved because of issues with people doing home stippling jobs and ruining the structure of the gun.

Caliber changes have usually been a no-go because the gun has to be in the caliber itís registered under, and the caliber is listed on the ccw permit itself. Changing a 40 to a 9 would be something to ask the deputies about or the rangemaster.

Old 02-20-2019, 8:43 AM

Quote:

Stippling can be problematic and usually is NOT approved because of issues with people doing home stippling jobs and ruining the structure of the gun.

Well I'll be finding out on March 2nd (I'll be at Ben Clark) as my G19 is lightly stippled (by a professional shop) with the finger grooves removed.

Mark

Last edited by MURRIETA45; 02-20-2019 at 9:49 AM..
Old 02-20-2019, 9:43 AM

When I was at FTA for my qualification there were a few guys with stippled Glocks.
They approved one because it was a light job but anything that structurally alters the frame will most likely be a no go. They did deny one gun because the stippling was aggressive and the trigger guard undercut had been done.

Trigger jobs are probably fine as long as they're not super apparent (red triggers) and not too light. My XDM had a PRP trigger and they didn't say anything
Old 02-20-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURRIETA45 View Post
Well I'll be finding out on March 2nd (I'll be at Ben Clark) as my G19 is lightly stippled (by a professional shop) with the finger grooves removed.
I personally witnessed the RSO at Ben Clark deny someone's gun that was stippled. It was a decent job, and did not have any modifications to the trigger guard. They absolutely would not allow the person to qualify with it and would not allow it to be put on the permit. They said the stippling weakened the frame.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I would like to put in a 9mm barrel. Any chance those mods would be acceptable?
You can practice with the 9mm (outside of the qual) but you better not be CCWing with the 9mm barrel in. You have to carry it configured in caliber it came in. I have a Glock 10mm that I have a 40 cal barrel for to use during practice. But I never carry with the 40 cal barrel in.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
I personally witnessed the RSO at Ben Clark deny someone's gun that was stippled. It was a decent job, and did not have any modifications to the trigger guard. They absolutely would not allow the person to qualify with it and would not allow it to be put on the permit. They said the stippling weakened the frame.
Well if that is the case and they deny my G19 for stippling then I'll just have the G43 on my permit for now. I'll pick up another G19 and add it on when allowed.

Thanks for the heads up beachtech!

Mark

Old 02-20-2019, 1:39 PM

How about a custom 1911? I have the trigger set to about 4.5 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2019, 1:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
How about a custom 1911? I have the trigger set to about 4.5 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Itís up to the range master.

Old 02-20-2019, 3:13 PM

So called yesterday for an interview appointment and left a message. Got a callback today and have my interview the last week of March. Any advice of what to expect or to bring that arent mentioned on the website? Thanks.
Old 02-22-2019, 8:21 AM

Its time for my first renewal. I have a question.... What is the difference in requirements from the initial application and the renewal? Is it the same process for renewal or is it easier? Do I need reference letters and do I need to go to the range again? What other differences? Thank you.
Old 02-22-2019, 9:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef View Post
Its time for my first renewal. I have a question.... What is the difference in requirements from the initial application and the renewal? Is it the same process for renewal or is it easier? Do I need reference letters and do I need to go to the range again? What other differences? Thank you.
No Livescan, but did you look here?
Old 02-22-2019, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersofthenight View Post
Another tip
When I went down to do my livescan I paid extra to have them do my fingerprints for my AZ ccw. Just make sure you have all of your info filled on the two cards. Follow the instructions on the piece of paper that comes with the AZ packet. They want it filled out a certain way. Pay the extra $20 and they'll roll your prints.
Did you need to let them know ahead of time that you were going to do one for AZ?
Old 02-22-2019, 3:17 PM

Requested interview 03/2018, scheduled 11/19
Interview appointment moved up on 10/18 to new appointment date 01/9/19
Live scan 1/18, complete 1/22
BC range 2/2/19
Licensed today.

BTW, my Investigator said I was the 14th person he had issued a license to today.

I was told also that there will no amendments to CCW licenses allowed until the RCSD automated system is up. They are just too busy

Last edited by Spyrish; 03-16-2019 at 10:09 PM..
Old 02-22-2019, 4:46 PM
This space for rent!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I had my renewal appointment today at 2:30 (emailed on. November 7th and took my class at FTA on December 7th).
Got there at 2:20, called back at 2:26 done and walking back to my truck at 2:42.

Could not have been easier! We went through all my paperwork (it was perfect I might add ) and BS'd for a bit. As he's closing my file he said "your permit expires on the 22nd I have 1 last question.....do you want to come pick it up or do you want me to mail it?"
Picked my renewed permit up this afternoon. No hitches, no problems.

Deputy Searles is great to work with.

CRPA member
Old 02-22-2019, 4:48 PM
This space for rent!
CGN Contributor

Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrish View Post
Requested interview 03/2018, scheduled 11/19
Interview appointment moved up on 10/18 to new appointment date 01/9/19
Live scan 1/18, complete 1/22
BC range 2/2/19
Licensed today.

BTW, my Investigator said I was the 14th person he had issued a license to today.

The only issue I had was a weapon that I qualed with was denied on my permit because it was registered as a Glock27 10mm. I put it was a 40S&W. Turners changed it to 10mm during the PPT. So they have to amend it now after 14 years before I can add it to my permit.

I was told also that there will no amendments to CCW licenses allowed until the RCSD automated system is up. They are just too busy

CRPA member
Old 02-22-2019, 6:40 PM

Congratulations to you too!

Quote:
Picked my renewed permit up this afternoon. No hitches, no problems.

Deputy Searles is great to work with.
Old 02-23-2019, 6:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urduja View Post
Did you need to let them know ahead of time that you were going to do one for AZ?
No. When I checked in I just pulled out the two fingerprint cards and asked if they could roll my prints and he said yes itíll be $20. Just make sure you follow the directions in the packet on how to filll out the cards. Itís rolled with ink so itís pita.
Old 02-23-2019, 6:49 AM

Just got the call that I'm approved! Need to schedule a time to pick up.
Old 02-23-2019, 9:30 AM

Congrats Spyrish & Jedi54!!!!

Mark

Old 02-23-2019, 10:16 AM
This space for rent!
CGN Contributor

Congrats Jedi54

CRPA member
Old 02-23-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
No Livescan, but did you look here?
I just started reading through it.

So the only difference is no live scan. Other than that it is the same process?
Old 02-23-2019, 4:18 PM
This space for rent!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef View Post
I just started reading through it.

So the only difference is no live scan. Other than that it is the same process?
Same process. Schedule interview. Fill the forms out. Do the training class, re-qualify with the pistols you want to carry. Wait patiently

No reference letters
No livescan

Go to page 6 and there is checklist. You can see the exact differences between Individual, Business and Renewal requirements.
Riverside CCW Permit Process Instructions
Good luck!

CRPA member

Last edited by Jimvh2; 02-23-2019 at 4:20 PM.. Reason: Forgot web link