Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Camp Parks Ca, Ft McCoy Ft Bragg, Ft Knox, Harvey Point
Default New Calgun'ers, Stewardship, Calguns, & Your 2nd Amendment Rights

Ive been a member of CalGuns.net for some time now, and I have noticed, what in my opinion is a disturbing trend about the past year and a half or so. I have to say, im some ways, im deeply disappointed in many of the trends Ive seen, from badmouthing those that step to the front line, to how we, as firearms owners, treat those who help supply us with the goods for our favorite chosen sport.

The first topic im going to talk about is called Stewardship. Many of us practice what I call STEWARDSHIP in regards to our 2A Rights. For those that do not know what stewardship means, it means to have something, to take care of something, that you cannot physically own. Wikipedia describes Stewardship as. . . "more general way to refer to a responsibility to take care of something one does not own." When I refer to it, im discussing the State of California and the fight in keeping our Second Amendment Rights.

In this day and age of turmoil in regards to our Second Amendment rights, we as a whole should practice stewardship even more. I will be the first to say im not happy with the person who was chosen to lead our country into the future. But, as a collective whole, the nation has spoken and decided that hopefully this person will do a better job than the man hes replacing. His views in regards to the nations 2A rights differ very much so than my own, and im sure many of yours as well. I can only hope that during his tenure, he choses to leave these rights alone. But if he does not chose to do so, then we, as responsible citizens of this country, need to practice stewardship even more. We need to come together, and support those in the leadership of this country that understand that this country was founded on several basic principles, to include the right to keep and bear arms. We need stand up and be counted, and say in one collective voice, we will not tolerate our rights being trampled, be it from the local District Attorney, to the highest level of leadership in this great country. Now im not saying that an armed insurrection is the answer, nor am I advocating it. What I am saying is that every citizen who owns a firearm, who believes in the basic fundamentals of the Constitution, needs to stand up and speak in a voice that can be heard, be it a letter, an email, a spoken voice, and make a stand for a change. This, coupled with a vote, can dramatically change the way those powers that be, recognize us as a strong united front, instead of the "sheeple" we have become. We need to become Stewards of the Second Amendment.

So in talking about Stewardship, I mean, take care of your 2nd Amendment Rights, Dont jeporadize them by doing something you know is illegal, be responsible for your actions, and do something to further the fight to keep the 2nd Amendment in the front lines. Take someone shooting, teach them the proper and correct way to safely shoot. Take the time to learn something about your rights in regards to firearms. In doing simple things like this, you are participating in Stewardship.

Stewardship is a theory that people, left on their own, will indeed act as responsible stewards of the assets they control

Calguns, my oh my, the fun I have with this forum, its members, the organized events, the ancedotes, the playful jesting, the new things I learn every day. Not only has this place become the gold standard in regards to supporting our gun rights in this state, but it is a fountain of information, and in todays day and age, information is power!

But with the influx of new members, we also have experienced growing pains. Calguns has recently been overhauled thanks to several members here to handle this growth, and in my humble opinion, everything seems to be working great. But I personally have noticed a few things that I dont agree with. Its the small details that people have a tendency to overlook that if left unchecked, tend to grow out of hand quickly and become a larger problem. Newer members, this is addressed to you guys! I understand that its great to find a new source of information for a hobby/passion/lifestyle, but in joining this forum, there are rules to be abided by. Simple things like respecting others, following the basic rules of decorum, and attention to details will help smooth your way in this forum. Kestryl, the head guy here has made it easy for you guys by even creating a new guys forum to introduce yourself, ask questions, and a whole subsection thats goes thru the basics of the current processes to searching for, pricing, buying, drosing, building, and shooting your OLL! What more can a guy ask for? Back when I came here there was no such forums, they was "stickied" and lots of pages long. It took lots and lots of reading to get thru the meat of it, but it the end it was worth it. Weve put our time in, and now you, the newer members, can reap the rewards. Please do us the service of at least following the standard that those who have walked this road before you have set.

Those of you who are new to OLL's, have seen them at a local range, have learned about OLL's from friends, you come here for information, yet expect it to be spoonfed to you. Here is my advice to you, follow these simple 3 rules and you will be fine.

1 - Use the search button, its there for a reason. Many good folks have taken the time and energy to document their personal process they went thru to buy, dros, build, and test their own personal OLL's. And many of them have posted range reports in regards to those weapons. If you take the time to look, read the "New To Calguns Forum", and try to find answers to your questions first before you blurt it out, you may find the answers you was looking for.

2 - The rules regarding building these weapons havent changed since day 1, dont try to change them, or explain to us why you, as the new guy, think it isnt right. Its what people who have risked far more than you have, have learned thru their own mistakes, and perfected it so you, as the new guy just finding out about them, can do it safely, and legally. trust me when I say, you may not believe it, but many of us have asked the same questions you have 100 times over, if not more.

3 - Dont do stupid things in regards to magazines. If you do and you get caught, plan on losing your guns, your rights, your freedom, and becoming nothing more than a cautionary tale told here to other newcomers as a warning. You know what im talking about, so just dont do it. If you dont know what im talking about, keep it that way, dont attempt to circumvent the law, and avoid issues that could land you in hot water if you get caught.

The bickering needs to stop. We need to quit bashing FFL's who are not willing to sell what is considered in some circles as "controversial" weapons. We need to understand that they are persons who are operating a business, not a friendship. They are in business to make money. that is the bottom line, while you may make friends with them, and partake in conducting business with them, the bottom line is this, it is still a business. It is a business that they own, and in doing so, they take all the risks, be it civil, or criminal. So, being as they are the front line in taking the risks, they have every right to choose what they sell, how much they charge, and to follow the letter of the law to their own personal interpretation. If a FFL thinks that that OLL's are illegal, then so be it. That is their interpretation, and so, that is their right to believe so. If you do not like it, then take your business elsewhere. Dont come on this forum and whine, moan, complain, and belittle someone who is operating a business designed to serve you. Not only does it show ignorance, it is disrespectful. This applies to pricing as well. Once again, it is their business, they may charge what they want, if you do not like it, then take your business elsewhere. I remember a time not too long ago, where stripped OLL's recievers cost $59.00 each. I was charged $59.00 x how many recievers, + DROS which at the time was $26.00. I took advantage of those prices and bought what i wanted at a price I was willing to pay. Now, with newly elected leadership for this country, prices have inflated with panic buying, and dealers are charging more for a product that they have in stock. Its called supply and demand. If the demand is larger than the supply, then the person supplying them can charge more for a product that used to cost less. Business 101 folks. Learn it, live it, love it, do it, its how a business stays a business, they are in it to make money. Bottom line. Quit crying about it, pay the prices, or shop around til you find a price you like better. If you do your homework like so many of us have in the past, you would know which FFL has the best prices, which ones charge more or less for recieving fees, and which ones have the 10 day vs the 11 day wait. Granted, if you are finding out about OLL's recently, then you wont be paying the prices that those of us who were here at the begining will pay. Expect to pay more, its just the nature of the business.

CONTINUED NEXT POST
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene

Last edited by Stormfeather; 01-02-2009 at 10:50 PM..
Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Calguns Addict

CONTINUED FROM ABOVE

The next disturbing trend is this, I cant remember anywhere where I have heard more "supposed" firearms enthusiasts say "boycott this store", "boycott that store" blah blah blah. What is that exactly? Just what are you accomplishing? You want to try and shut down a gunshop because you dont agree with their pricing structure? You dont agree with their range rules? Just because you want to rapid fire doesnt mean that you can if they say you cant. Its their business, plain and simple. Their house, their rules, you dont like it, go elsewhere. More than likely, as in my experience, the reason a establishment wont allow things like holster draw, or rapid fire, is because some jackhole came into their establishment and did it unsafely before you. One person mishandling a firearm usually scews it up for the rest of us. Thats the way its always been, and im sure thats the way it will always be in the future. Ive even seen on here where people have bragged about being on a banned list for a certain indoor shooting range. Is that something you should be proud of? What does that say about you? An esteemed member here, Calguns member Rue, he and I always seem to go back and forth in regards to the Elk Grove Run Room. While I dont agree with his opinions sometimes, I respect them, and I would like to think he does the same for me. In the end, he and I just agree to disagree, But we do it in a civilized manner. As a former employee of TGR I saw how the inner workings of a range were handled, and sometimes customers dont get to see what goes on behind the scenes, so yes, they can draw conclusions based on what they have experienced. I tend to look at it this way, if a Harley dealership has a bike I want, but is priced over what I feel is reasonable, im going to shop around til I find one that does have what i want at the price I want it at. I dont go and badmouth that dealership, I just dont purchase the bike there. It may have better deals on tires, or leather, or helmets, or whatnot. the same applies to firearms and the associated products that go with them. If you dont like a certain gunshops prices, dont shop there, but in the same token, dont try and build up a campaign of "lets shut them down" its the classic "cutting off ones nose to spite its face"

All in all, theres exciting new things happening here in the state of california in regards to firearms ownership, some things you will partake in, some you may not, but it all is history in the making. Be proud that you were part of it as I am. Lets all do our part to educate, be good stewards, and keep FFL's in business by showing them our support. If a certain FFL doesnt meet your personal standards, dont shop there, but on the same token, dont come on here and badmouth the place. Lets make this year an especially good one for firearms ownership here in California. My resolution this year is to do something new and different in my firearms purchases, so I decided to go and set up a NFA Trust. It opens up a whole new area of firearms ownership for those of us here in california! Who here wouldnt want a Serbu Shorty 12 guage shotgun to show off at the local range? And its all possible if you just take the time to read thru Calguns and learn how to do it! Knowing this, ask yourself, what am I doing to further my second amendment rights for myself and others? What am I doing to further MY gun rights? You may find some new and exciting doors opening for you if you do!
While we are at it, lets make sure to make a contribution to the Calguns Foundation, they are hard at working making new things possible, it doesnt have to be alot, but every little bit helps.
Quote:
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Quote:
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene

Last edited by Stormfeather; 01-02-2009 at 11:41 PM..
Old 01-02-2009, 10:45 PM

Bill well spoken! In a couple months I hope to be joining you with that trust my self.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Well said, my brother.

Google Map of OLL Dealers

List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Head Janitor

Damn Bill, that deserves a sticky!
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Very well said
This should be required reading prior to posting
Old 01-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Bill have another kid, it seems to inspire genius!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thanks Bill.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @cgfgunrights on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 01-03-2009, 6:59 AM

I am fairly new here and I use all of the forums that I belong to for education on my behalf. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this post for all to read. Many thanks!!

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
Ronald Reagan

The mindless dribble that is my BLOG
Old 01-03-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
If a FFL thinks that that OLL's are illegal, then so be it. That is their interpretation, and so, that is their right to believe so. If you do not like it, then take your business elsewhere.
Quote:
The next disturbing trend is this, I cant remember anywhere where I have heard more "supposed" firearms enthusiasts say "boycott this store", "boycott that store" blah blah blah. What is that exactly? Just what are you accomplishing? You want to try and shut down a gunshop because you dont agree with their pricing structure? You dont agree with their range rules? Just because you want to rapid fire doesnt mean that you can if they say you cant. Its their business, plain and simple. Their house, their rules, you dont like it, go elsewhere.
So you advocate boycotts, just as long as we shut up about them? This is a forum for firearms owners to talk about firearms news and issues. Gun store and range policies are at the very top of the practical column for such issues. It is most certainly a valid topic of dicussion in a place designed for precisely that.

California gun owners live in a state of siege from legislative interference with our rights. When people who should be on "our side" are making things worse with their policies, potential customers should know, and then decide for themselves how to proceed. Refusing to give money to someone you believe is doing something harmful is a fundamental freedom and the very essence of capitalism. Stifling discussion is the wrong answer.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzatorte View Post
So you advocate boycotts, just as long as we shut up about them? This is a forum for firearms owners to talk about firearms news and issues. Gun store and range policies are at the very top of the practical column for such issues. It is most certainly a valid topic of dicussion in a place designed for precisely that.

California gun owners live in a state of siege from legislative interference with our rights. When people who should be on "our side" are making things worse with their policies, potential customers should know, and then decide for themselves how to proceed. Refusing to give money to someone you believe is doing something harmful is a fundamental freedom and the very essence of capitalism. Stifling discussion is the wrong answer.
Maybe you need to re-read Pizzatorte, I am very pro-gunshop. I do not advocate boycotting them in any way shape or form. I say, if a certain gunshop doesnt do business th4e way you like, then you are free to take your business elsewhere. That is not a boycott, that is a choice.

Let me pose a hypothetical question to you, research it and get back to me. How many gun shops do you know that will sell a Thompson Contender Frame or a Encore Frame? Some will because its a single shot, some wont because they consider it to be illegal. Its their choice. They arent on your side, nor are they against your side. Thats the problem you cant distinguish here, its not about YOU nor will it ever be. Its about all of us as a collective whole.

Im not saying stifle discussion about a certain gunshop, as a matter of fact, I welcome it, but I do say leave the adolescent wisecracks, the baiting, and the "we'll show them, we're going to boycott your store till you go out of business because I dont like your prices" mindset back on the playground where it belongs. Its not hard to say " I didnt agree with their pricing structure, so I went down to Joes Sushi Bar And Black Rifle Company and bought there instead." That is alot more tactful than, "lets get them shut down by calling DOJ", or "Lets Boycott them!"

You are correct in one thing though Pizzatorte, we are under seige, but the sad part that I foresee, is we will tear ourselves up from within before we fall to the enemies at the gate.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Gene

Last edited by Stormfeather; 01-04-2009 at 12:32 AM..
Old 01-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Old 01-03-2009, 3:07 PM
Part time Emperor

Storm, good write up!

Can you write one for new members about using the
Old 01-03-2009, 3:28 PM
Rattlesnake Hunter

Thank you Sir! I can say thank you a thousand times and not say it enough... every word, perfect!
......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel
Old 01-03-2009, 4:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Geez, Bill must not have had his beer today

Good 'un.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 01-03-2009, 4:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Nice post Bill.
Old 01-03-2009, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Maybe you need to re-read Pizzatorte, I am very pro-gunshop. I do not advocate boycotting them in any way shape or form. I say, if a certain gunshop doesnt do business th4e way you like, then you are free to take your business elsewhere. That is not a boycott, that is a choice.
Taking one's business elsewhere as punishment or protest for the actions of a business is the dictionary definition of a boycott. But I don't intend to clutter up your thread. I simply wanted to point out something I found objectionable in stickied content which could be perceived as site policy.
Old 01-03-2009, 8:18 PM

I'm so glad I found out about these forums. There is a wealth of information here and I'm very grateful to those before me who have taken the time to impart that to everyone else. Let's make this year a great year for CGN.
Old 01-04-2009, 6:04 AM
Veteran Member

Bill, nice write-up, particularly the bit about stewardship.

Over at the S&W Forum, (which just changed ownership) the new moderator made the point that "we are not in a locker room, or at a gun show, or in a hunting lodge" -- i.e., that we're essentially standing in a place that anybody can hear/see/read us -- and that we ought to act with reasonable decorum.

I mean, who wants to hear a local TV anchor say "and here's what local activists over at Calguns.net had to say on the issue...." .... and have it wind up being somebody's racist/sexist/anarchist screed from the OT forum...

--Neill
Old 01-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzatorte View Post
Taking one's business elsewhere as punishment or protest for the actions of a business is the dictionary definition of a boycott. But I don't intend to clutter up your thread. I simply wanted to point out something I found objectionable in stickied content which could be perceived as site policy.
Doing it as punishment or protest, maybe, but there's a huge difference between a personal boycott and an organized one, which is the point I think he's trying to make.

I will say that there have been a few stores that I've decided I'd rather not be back to, but cooled off later and went back for small items. Keeping it on the level of "I'm not going to" instead of "let's all avoid" allows you to keep a cooler head, IMO. People get married to choices made in the public eye because pride makes it hard to change your mind later.

"My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gifNRA Member
Old 02-15-2009, 5:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
Doing it as punishment or protest, maybe, but there's a huge difference between a personal boycott and an organized one, which is the point I think he's trying to make.

I will say that there have been a few stores that I've decided I'd rather not be back to, but cooled off later and went back for small items. Keeping it on the level of "I'm not going to" instead of "let's all avoid" allows you to keep a cooler head, IMO. People get married to choices made in the public eye because pride makes it hard to change your mind later.
This is very true Michael, and even I have been guilty of it from time to time. As the years go by, I realize that its alot easier to think things thru, before I let my mouth write a check my ***/ego has to cash. Its alot harder to sit here on a public forum and publicly eat crow than it is to just sit back and think about what we write/say/do before we hit that submit button. Ive learned it slowly, but still, I managed to learn. I hope all is going well with you in your new residence, please stay in touch with your friends here!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Gene
Old 03-04-2009, 4:16 PM

Default Got it Bill!

I'm a green horn to gun ownership as well as this forum. I have ALOT of questions so I don't want to burn you ol'timers out with my pestering. Point well taken.

"The Dude Abides"
Old 03-09-2009, 1:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjay View Post
I'm a green horn to gun ownership as well as this forum. I have ALOT of questions so I don't want to burn you ol'timers out with my pestering. Point well taken.

"The Dude Abides"
Scrub, us old timers as you put it, all started out as a green horn just like you! Please feel free to ask us anything, the only dumb question is the one that is never asked. But as with all things, do some reading first, so that way you are knowledgeable on the topic! I look forward to hearing more from you in the future!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Gene
Old 03-31-2009, 9:48 AM

Indeed, this is a tightrope we all must walk. On the one hand, the anti-2A position of the govt in this state has crossed the line of oppression long ago in my opinion. If you don't agree with that, then you must certainly agree they've passed the line of infringement. In fact, they've left that line way behind. In either case it is completely unacceptable. Still, one must tread cautiously when dealing with such a situation.

As with any government, ours really has only one method of operation: Force. Be it force of law or force of arms, it is force. That is why the founding fathers did things in a way to limit the government, and hence their ability to apply that force. Unfortunately, we as a people have let that get away from us. Hopefully we can find a way to rectify that before it gets to the point where less desirable methods are necessary but we must also remember that at the end of the day, talk is cheap.

Taking legal action won't work if the court is on their side. Taking legislative action won't work if the people continue to insist on electing the kind of legislators we've had in this state the past couple of decades. If the courts and the legislature won't follow the constitution, and the people don't know and/or care, we have a very serious problem.

Having said that, let me also emphasize that taking a knee-jerk, or emotional reaction to things that happen, no matter how big or small, is the kind of thing that got us into this mess in the first place. Any little excuse they can find to further degrade the constitution in general, and the 2nd amendment in particular they will leverage for everything they can get.

The tightest rope of all is walked by the FFLs. If you have a question, ask it, but if the guy says, "can't do that, it's illegal," that part of the conversation is pretty much over, unless you want to be a jerk about it. If you're concerned that things that should not be illegal are, and who isn't, then let me ask YOU a question: Are you a member of the NRA? How about the CRPA? SCI? NWTF? Anything? Have you donated or done any work here or anywhere else to try to help the cause? If you've got something to say that's fine, just remember that if you really want to be helpful, put your money where your mouth is.

I'm new to Calguns, which is something I'm still trying to understand. I've been a gun owner in California for nearly 30 years, and before that was the son of a gun owner. I've been around the gun universe all that time. If I ever figure out why I never even heard or calguns.net until a few days ago I'll let you know. Until then, thanks for being here. Now that I've found the place, I'll be back often.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:15 AM

WORD!
Old 03-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

Nice letter Stormfeather. . .

- G

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan
Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 AM

I agree completely! I only got into shooting as a hobby about 6 months ago, and I learned a ton from searching and reading these forums. There is a wealth of knowledge here and I think we all can benefit from it - whether you be new to shooting or have 40+ years experience.
Old 05-06-2009, 7:30 PM

Thumbs up

Stormfeather, You are absolutely correct. Thank you, that was a great post.
I have been here for quite a while, but don't post too much. I certainly don't post in threads that have conflict, as I don't want to add more fuel to the fire.
It's not that I don't have an opinion, but if I don't feel that I have a solution to the problem why clutter things up. I also don't feel that I have to give my opinion on everything that happens on this board that I don't agree on.
Just my $0.02

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin
Old 05-06-2009, 7:57 PM
Live Free Or Die
CGN Contributor

Well said. Working together for positive change takes effort and discipline.

-Jason
Old 06-01-2009, 11:05 PM

great post.
i have just gotten back into shooting, and have been taking people to the range to remove any fears they may have about guns, and teach them about self defense. I also talk to non gun owners and offer to print letters for them to send to get our rights back and defend the ones our reps are trying to take.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:51 PM

Well said!! and I believe we all need reminding now and again.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
1 - Use the search button, its there for a reason. Many good folks have taken the time and energy to document their personal process they went thru to buy, dros, build, and test their own personal OLL's. And many of them have posted range reports in regards to those weapons. If you take the time to look, read the "New To Calguns Forum", and try to find answers to your questions first before you blurt it out, you may find the answers you was looking for.
First of all great reading material.

Second is some times the search doesn't work or I just can't figure it out (I'm slow like that) or the information/parts availability has changed. We as junior members are not always looking for the easy way to get the answer but an up to date answer.

I look up to you guys for advice and & your years of knowledge.

Thank you very much.
yock

I'm a
mechannik
mecinic
mekinich

I FIX PLANES!
Old 08-31-2009, 5:55 PM

Location: San Diego, National Socialist Democratic Republic of Facistfornia

This post should be suggested reading for anyone who is a member ,or is just joining CalGuns.
This should also be distributed at our "Town Hall " meetings.

WELCOME BACK HOME STORMFEATHER

-Abraham Lincoln,a summation of a speech given at the Lyceum in 1838
=======================================
"Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
- Benjamin Franklin -1775
=======================================
Old 03-25-2011, 6:11 AM

The people who abuse the right have no idea the damage they are doing and my take on this is that if you cant be in this without abusing, get out of the way because one abuse can equal 20 new pieces of legislation against those remaining who never needed the laws to begin with.

As a kid in the early 60s i learned to shoot and my family was pro-gun. That was the time one could just buy any gun that was made, transport it, carry it, shoot nearly anywhere and the closest thing to paperwork was the occasional hunting licence--if even that.

Look how far we have come. In the 80s, with the rise of gangs, AK-47s and the like, came the conservatives and those who began to re-think the entire gun thing, something we never had to do. Even my own family, me included, became anti-gun or at the very least, not pro-gun. In some ways we got sucked into the negative advertising and in other ways we saw that the sport and 2nd Amendment rights just werent worth all the rampant crime and killing and abuse of rights. As far as we were concerned, average people plain couldnt handle the "right."

In my own heart, i didnt want to be beaten by them but I gave up my guns to prove i was sincere that guns could be a very bad thing and to not face the rising stigma attached to gun owners because now the true, real sportsman was classed together with a minority gang member out for human slaughter.

Then one by one the "rights" got picked apart and trampled on. Now we couldnt simply buy or transport or carry or shoot as we liked. Whole classes of weapons disappeared, parts like magazines modified, rules abounded, rights attacked from all angles. Why? For a very few dumb**** abusers.

These days i have guns again but im low key, i dont talk about them, i feel like im "sneaking a smoke out behind the shed" everytime i handle a gun. The very few abusers have irrepairably harmed and diminished gun ownership rights and priviledges and made a mockery of the legitimate group they left behind in their wake.

Think im whining too far? Consider this one point. Take a casual walk through Youtube and see not only the videos but the hit number on the growing number of videos which portray insanely and very illegally modified weapons and loads. Look how they brandish and brag; look at the large fan base. MY GOD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Any legislator, even those not so terribly inclined will make that pass and sit there making notes about 100 new proposed laws that rights-grateful folk have to go out now and waste their life fighting off.

Sorry but the 2nd Amendment wasnt for you. You hacked and abused it and spit on it and because youre too stupid to see that, STOP WHAT YOUR DOING.
Old 02-01-2014, 7:58 PM

Well written except for the part about feeling like your sneaking a smoke behind the shed, I don't agree with not talking about it. Someone like you could be a champion in the gun control fight with safety training and responsibility as the core value when it comes to good decent people legally owning firearms for whatever reason they choose. My reasons I love to shoot I love the smell of powder the crack the recoil ,everyone I know does its a powerful feeling that needs to be respected by all who use and have it. It's also like having a condom, better to have & not need it than need it & not have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2015, 4:33 PM

Amen to my new found mentor "Stormfeather." I am new here and was just searching around when I came across this post, Well said and I hope to read more from you. Also I am researching the "NFA trust" as well.. Hope I can reach out to you if I have questions later. I also welcome any PMs with links to posts I can read about the NFA trust. Again thanks for the awesome read.
Old 07-12-2015, 9:02 PM

very well written. this post is timeless, it made sense when you wrote it, it will make sense 10, 20 years from now.

Last edited by uracan; 07-12-2015 at 9:03 PM.. Reason: typo