Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > San Jose Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2014, 11:31 AM

Default Lodging recommendation for Stoic Ventures

I live up in Marin and I'd like to attend the Stoic Ventures Carbine course this December. However, given the two hour drive, I'd like to shack up the night before at a hotel/motel/holiday inn/say what.

Can anyone make any recommendations? Is there anything I should know about staying someplace with a (CA-legal) carbine and several hundred rounds of ammo?
Old 10-04-2014, 7:57 PM

It looks like the course is at the Metcalf range in south San Jose so it may be beneficial to look in Morgan Hill a few miles south. There is a cluster of hotels around Cochrane Road and Dunne Ave. These should be a little cheaper and closer to what is available in San Jose. I haven't stayed in any of these so I can't recommend a specific one but hopefully that narrows your search down a bit.

I'm not sure what regulations are in place concerning having a firearms and ammo. I would think following the same rules as transporting firearms in a car and keeping a low profile would suffice but hopefully someone else has more concrete info. It's a shame we have to worry about such matters.

Good luck with your search and have fun with the class!
Old 10-05-2014, 1:09 PM

See, I would never have thought of that. Thanks!

I guess ideally I'd want some sort of motor lodge where I can just park in front of my room and not have to shlep everything through a lobby. Does anyone know a place like that?
Old 10-05-2014, 6:14 PM

The 3 motels of that style (Budget Inn, Quality Inn and Morgan Hill Inn) all got sketchy reviews so unless you bring a cot and sleeping bag it's probably best to stay away from those. Usually the hotel style places have a rear door that you can use and keep somewhat low key. From what I can see from google that seems to be your best bet.
Old 10-24-2014, 5:26 PM

No yelp reviews on these guys, guessing they're new. Please consider posting one after your course