Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 10-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Thumbs up San Diego -- APPLY to Get a Spot in Line

While Sheriff Gore decided not to appeal the decision of the three judge panel, several other parties, including the California Attorney General, filed motions to intervene in the case, as well as petitions for rehearing en banc with the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. On February 28, 2014, the Ninth Circuit granted a stay in the case. Since that time, the Ninth Circuit has sought briefing on various issues, with the most recent pleadings being filed by December 24, 2014. On March 26, 2015 Chief Judge Thomas of the Ninth Circuit issued an order for the case to be heard en banc by the full Ninth Circuit.

Given the status of the case with the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the fact that there are other procedural steps before the court’s decision becomes final, the Sheriff’s Department’s policies and procedures remain in effect and are unchanged.

The Sheriff’s Department continues to process CCW applications for those applicants that meet the current legal requirement to show good cause.

Applications for CCW’s based on the cause of “personal protection” may be dropped off at the Sheriff’s License Division and will be held in abeyance until the Ninth Circuit has completed its analysis of the issue.

Should the case be decided on the basis of “personal protection,” the Sheriff’s Department will begin to process applications held in abeyance in the order that they were received. Applicants will be contacted by the Sheriff’s Licensing Division with instructions on how to complete the process.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw.html

Last edited by Paladin; 01-03-2016 at 2:26 PM.. Reason: added thumbs up symbol and revised title
Old 10-18-2010, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
...our intention is to contact you volunteers with specific instructions on how to proceed as we move forward with case development. Not everyone will be tasked with the same thing, and timing will be unique to each county.
So... stand by?
Old 10-18-2010, 2:50 PM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
_ _ _

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché

Why is it all the funny stuff happens to comedians?
Old 10-18-2010, 11:00 PM

I'm also waiting for orders!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Shooter View Post
_ _ _

Old 10-19-2010, 6:05 AM

Ready and waiting sir.
Old 10-19-2010, 1:23 PM

2 weeks? Right?
Old 10-20-2010, 5:21 PM
Gold Member...Oh Behave!
CGN Contributor

Late showing up, but ready for instructions.
Old 10-20-2010, 6:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Just received the message!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMG View Post
Just received the message!
What message? I got the email of just the main release but no specific instructions for San Diego.
Old 10-21-2010, 2:19 PM

awaiting orders, sir.
Old 10-21-2010, 2:42 PM
Administrator

You know, folks, you can subscribe without posting to the thread. We don't need to fill the first several pages with "I'm here" and "let me know", etc etc.

Just click "thread tools" and then "subscribe" from the drop-down menu right above the top post.
Old 10-22-2010, 8:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Does anyone know if SDSO does neighbor interviews as part of the application investigation?

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 10-25-2010, 10:11 AM

Which course of action in SD County will get shall issue to happen sooner? Ed's case in Fed court, or this action using the good cause statments.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi357 View Post
Which course of action in SD County will get shall issue to happen sooner? Ed's case in Fed court, or this action using the good cause statments.
Well, the point of this drill is to basically get the counties into statutory compliance.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Sorry to sound dense... but can you point me to the instructions for this "drill". I've donated to my county, but is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché

Why is it all the funny stuff happens to comedians?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Shooter View Post
Sorry to sound dense... but can you point me to the instructions for this "drill". I've donated to my county, but is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?
I think we are waiting for accepted good cause statements. Then we will be advised on a course of action.
Old 11-11-2010, 5:40 PM

I'm currently reading through the San Diego requirements. In there, it states that we'd be required to submit character references. Are they legally allowed to do that? Additionally, it states further down that character references generally aren't required for judges, former law enforcement, and SO reserves. Doesn't this run afoul of equal protection?
Old 11-12-2010, 1:15 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loather View Post
I'm currently reading through the San Diego requirements. In there, it states that we'd be required to submit character references. Are they legally allowed to do that? Additionally, it states further down that character references generally aren't required for judges, former law enforcement, and SO reserves. Doesn't this run afoul of equal protection?
No, and yes.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 11-12-2010, 5:29 AM

Quote:
No, and yes.
Uhhhh.... ok, good answer, thanks.
Old 11-12-2010, 6:55 AM

Quote:
No, and yes.
Excellent. I'm available and willing to make waves if need be.
Old 11-12-2010, 6:58 AM
Veteran Member

I'm ready to go, just say the word and I'll submit my paperwork.

Old 11-12-2010, 8:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loather View Post
Where they make it even stickier is they require the references to be from SD county residents, which is in effect a de facto length of residency requirement.

As for the LEOs I can see why they would exempt them only in they they've had a far more detailed and indepth background investgation done on them already which would provide and investigator FAR more info to look at then is contained on the standard DOJ app. Not saying I agree with it, just that I can see why.

But even for a full LEO background investigation letters are not required, only contact info for the references. It seems a pointless exercise to require the letters if the investigator is going to contact them personally for further interview anyway.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 11-16-2010, 7:19 AM

Okay, so How do we get San Diego Sheriff's Office to drop the illegal three character reference letters? Is Jason Davis going to send them a nasty letter anytime soon?

Old 11-16-2010, 8:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Okay, so How do we get San Diego Sheriff's Office to drop the illegal three character reference letters? Is Jason Davis going to send them a nasty letter anytime soon?
^^

Also, to combat that counties claims that they approve 90% of all applicants, I'm thinkin' its close to being time for a that SD CCW application day with a couple of hundred "GC = Self Defense" apps so at a minimum we can start racking up some denials, but I'm willing to wait a month to see what the judge has to say in the Peruta decision.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2010, 1:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
Also, to combat that counties claims that they approve 90% of all applicants, I'm thinkin' its close to being time for a that SD CCW application day with a couple of hundred "GC = Self Defense" apps so at a minimum we can start racking up some denials, but I'm willing to wait a month to see what the judge has to say in the Peruta decision.
The only time it's close to, is time for us on the sidelines (myself included) to sit down, shut up, and wait patiently to see what CGF requests of us.

I really don't think we'll ever have a "racking up mass denials" drive. Any denials being pursued will most likely need to be from disabled, minority, gay, etc complainants in the event that the suit has to escalate into appeals. Anyone who would be useful for a denial, has probably already been contacted.

The rest of us on the sidelines are only useful for two things: financial contributions, or eventually helping run CCW application drives once SDSO has been forced to cave in.

Last edited by grammaton76; 11-16-2010 at 2:18 PM..
Old 11-17-2010, 8:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammaton76 View Post
The only time it's close to, is time for us on the sidelines (myself included) to sit down, shut up, and wait patiently to see what CGF requests of us.

I really don't think we'll ever have a "racking up mass denials" drive. Any denials being pursued will most likely need to be from disabled, minority, gay, etc complainants in the event that the suit has to escalate into appeals. Anyone who would be useful for a denial, has probably already been contacted.

The rest of us on the sidelines are only useful for two things: financial contributions, or eventually helping run CCW application drives once SDSO has been forced to cave in.
Thank you for further marginalizing "heterosexual white males" as the only persons in our society who are "non-class" citizens. For the purpose of picking plaintiffs I understand the value of extra flavor of certain types of people. But simply for the purpose of filling the sheriff's files with denials for lack of GC so they cant claim a 90% approval rate, why does it matter who they are? Then from those denials you pick the best for plaintiffs.

The usefulness of statistics on denials was not of my own creation. And personally sitting in the courtroom listening to County counsel boast of their "90% approval rate" leads me to believe there is some validity to the value of the stats.

Not to mention did I say anything about "screw CFG and lets all go apply?" There has been plenty of indication that depending on Peruta outcome, the call for SD applicants is coming very soon.

Quote for the day:
Quote:

Last edited by Untamed1972; 11-17-2010 at 8:53 AM..
Old 11-17-2010, 8:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thank you for further marginalizing "heterosexual white males" as the only persons in our society who are "non-class" citizens.
Otis McDonald was not an accident. Deanna Sykes is not an accident. Shelly Parker (who should have been the national symbol of overturning the DC handgun ban had it not been for the Navegar standard) is not an accident. Tom Palmer (of Palmer v. DC) is not an accident. My case is not an accident. These are all well planned cases with specifically sympathetic plaintiffs due to their circumstances. They are the most "politically correct", regardless of your own misgivings as to the underpinnings of that belief.

That being said, symbol plaintiffs are less important to a writ of mandate case because it's a state statutory law issue.
Old 11-17-2010, 9:06 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Otis McDonald was not an accident. Deanna Sykes is not an accident. Shelly Parker (who should have been the national symbol of overturning the DC handgun ban had it not been for the Navegar standard) is not an accident. Tom Palmer (of Palmer v. DC) is not an accident. My case is not an accident. These are all well planned cases with specifically sympathetic plaintiffs due to their circumstances. They are the most "politically correct", regardless of your own misgivings as to the underpinnings of that belief.

That being said, symbol plaintiffs are less important to a writ of mandate case because it's a state statutory law issue.
Like I said....I understand the handpicking of plaintiffs when it comes time for litigation.

For the purpose of racking up stats on denials for "GC = self defense" to kill the counties boast of "90% approval", why does it matter?

But hopefully in about 3 weeks that wont be needed in SD county.

Quote for the day:
Quote:

Last edited by Untamed1972; 11-18-2010 at 10:48 AM..
Old 11-17-2010, 9:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Like I said....I understand the handpicking of plaintiffs when it comes time for litigation.

For the purpose of racking up stats on denials for "GC = self defense" to kill the counties boast of "90% approval", why does it matter?

But hopefully in about 3 weeks that wont be needed in SD county.
It doesn't, which is sorta what I was saying.
Old 11-17-2010, 9:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It doesn't, which is sorta what I was saying.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2010, 2:14 PM
Administrator

Note the emphasized sections in bold:

Quote:
I figure it's unlikely that there'll need to be a mass denials drive. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure they could easily get 200 useful applicants, without even touching white straight males.

Quote:
Thank you for further marginalizing "heterosexual white males" as the only persons in our society who are "non-class" citizens.
Well, get used to it - that's reality. Aggravates me to no end, but this is the system we're in.
Old 11-17-2010, 2:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I figure it's unlikely that there'll need to be a mass denials drive. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure they could easily get 200 useful applicants, without even touching white straight males.
So maybe all us straight white dudes should just claim to be gay for the purposes of application. How are they gonna check?

Can you claim to be a "non-practicing/celebate homosexual"? Or how about a bi-sexual who is in a "women only phase" for the time being? LOL

I got a better idea....how about the 2A just applies to everyone so we can skip all mumbo jumbo?

ETA: I had a thought last night....how about we get Hetero white males added to the endangered species list, then we'd be protected under the endangered species act! If anyone even looks at you wrong they'd be in deep doo! LOL

Quote for the day:
Quote:

Last edited by Untamed1972; 11-18-2010 at 7:32 AM..
Old 11-17-2010, 2:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So maybe all us straight white dudes should just claim to be gay for the purposes of application. How are they gonna check?

Can you claim to be a "non-practicing/celebate homosexual"? Or how about a bi-sexual who is in a "women only phase" for the time being? LOL
Myself, I'd just hassle my wife until she applies. I think most wives would be ok with the paperwork if the husband's paying the fees. Heck, most of us could probably talk our mothers into applying as well. Those whose mothers have passed on, may have daughters old enough to apply.

Quote:
I got a better idea....how about the 2A just applies to everyone so we can skip all mumbo jumbo?
That'd be awesome.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Bump, more San Diego sponsors needed
Old 12-01-2010, 7:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
Bump, more San Diego sponsors needed
direct please to sponsor page, how much $$$????

and explain to mke again why?
Old 12-01-2010, 7:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemark View Post
direct please to sponsor page, how much $$$????

and explain to mke again why?
link is in his signature
Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:

As for the LEOs I can see why they would exempt them only in they they've had a far more detailed and indepth background investgation done on them already which would provide and investigator FAR more info to look at then is contained on the standard DOJ app. Not saying I agree with it, just that I can see why.
And everyone knows that's a reasonable approach, as evidenced by the investigations of Craig Peyer, the Oceanside sex-Chippie (Carabahlo ??), the SDPD officer that trashed his Murrietta (?) house, etc etc etc

Old 12-03-2010, 1:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

bump
Old 12-10-2010, 2:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Ok, since Peruta is now over (at least Round 1), is it time to apply yet... or still just time to sit back and wait?