Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-26-2023, 1:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Wow, awfully quiet in here compared to the other county's subforum. What's happening in SLO?
Old 03-28-2023, 1:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Crickets...
Old 03-30-2023, 3:33 PM

Maybe everyone went to Ian Mcknight's CCW class and got killed by negligent discharge.. LOL
Old 03-30-2023, 4:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutman22 View Post
Maybe everyone went to Ian Mcknight's CCW class and got killed by negligent discharge.. LOL
I took Ian's class and thought it was fine. I didn't notice anything unsafe during the range test.

There could have been a lot more training in weapon handling. I included thorough training in all basic drills for my students (several years ago down in OC, when I was an approved trainer for OCSD).
CRPA Mag Must Retract Erroneous Bulletin Slamming Gun Trusts
Radio ads: http://Protect.FM
FREE training: http://guntrust.org
FREE design meeting: http://Protect.LIFE
Old 03-30-2023, 4:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've lived in SLO County since 1980 and am not into asking permission to exercise my 2A rights. Never have been. YMMV.

That said, Parkinson is the best SLO County Sheriff in my 43 years here. He's managed to keep the gang activity in Monterey County, Kern and SB County for the most part out of SLO County.

That, and his department bird-dogged the Kristin Smart case to a Paul Flores conviction. That needed to happen and it did.
CRPA Member

....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

Declaration of Independence, 1776
Old 03-31-2023, 5:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Any idea how many permits have been issued and how big the backlog is?
Old 05-07-2023, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBusa View Post
Wow, awfully quiet in here compared to the other county's subforum. What's happening in SLO?
Quite a bit actually.

Quote:
Any idea how many permits have been issued and how big the backlog is?
I just qualified a student for Atascadero. His time of application to getting his permit was one month. I had a student for Pismo as well and it took him about two months I believe.
Old 05-07-2023, 1:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Good to hear. Seems a lot of shenanigans occurring in the bay area.
Old 05-07-2023, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Good to hear. Seems a lot of shenanigans occurring in the bay area.
Lots of shenanigans everywhere.

There is also progress being made with Santa Barbara and Monterey County. However, we likely won't see that progress until the summer if lucky.
Old 11-03-2023, 6:29 PM

I've had a few people reach out to me and show that SLOSO is demanding DD214's from veterans or their permit will be denied for renewal, even though they have had their permit for 10+ years.

Anyone on here having similar issues?
Old 11-03-2023, 10:16 PM

Default SLOSO CCW Renewal

I just renewed my CCW with SLOSO. I had to check and I did upload my DD214 when I applied to renew the permit. I assume I was required to provide it when I completed the online application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Coast Tactical View Post
I've had a few people reach out to me and show that SLOSO is demanding DD214's from veterans or their permit will be denied for renewal, even though they have had their permit for 10+ years.

Anyone on here having similar issues?
Old 12-22-2023, 10:55 AM

Here is a timeline of my new CCW permit. I did take the class before submitting the application. Though not recommended, it sped up the process once I passed the live scan.

13 AUG 23: CCW class taken.
14 SEP 23: Application submitted to Paso PD.
10 NOV 23: Department interview.
14 NOV 23: Live scan.
01 DEC 23: Letter from Paso PD informing me of positive live scan results.
20 DEC 23: CCW permit issued.

I had zero issues during the process. I had a CCW through Paso PD in the past 2014-2018 but was planning on moving and let it expire. This current permit was considered a new permit because the other had been expired for five years. I did submit a good cause statement with my application, almost word for word as the one I used for the past applications. The interview was about 15 minutes, basic questions about me and why I wanted to carry. The interviewer stated that they supported the Second Amendment and the whole process reflected that. Paso PD requested proof of weapon ownership, proof of residency, three character reference letters and proof of CCW class and range qualification. No letters from employer and no DD-214. My permit experience was positive and Paso PD gets an A+.

Last edited by reyen67; 12-22-2023 at 5:07 PM..
Old 01-08-2024, 1:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Exclamation Facts verses fiction

Allow me to clear up a few things.

Since the Bruen decisions everyone wants their CCW permit. The classes have been huge. Should everyone be allowed to carry, no. Some people should not carry due to age, ability or mental issues.

Now for the record, I am a certified firearm instructor and CCW certified instructor. Ian has asked me to help with his large classes. While you state Ian rubber stamped everyone certificates, I will state that is false. The forms have pass and fail on them and four other boxes that are checked and or circled. Just because he stamps them does not mean they passed.

In closing I'm the guy who was under contract for the DOD testing optics for long distant operators out to 1800 meters, not 1500 yds, but I digress.

In addition, I personally do not wear plates at the range but wear IIIA+ and a body cam because I value my life around people I do not know or have less training than I. As you mentioned you were muzzled. I would have hope you addressed the person. I have no idea who you spoke with, but I have zero tolerance for unsafe firearm handling, zero, zippo, none and nada.

Someone muzzles me and or I see someone muzzling anyone on the line of 25-30 individuals, I will ask them to safely unload, step off the line and we will have a chat after the qual. They are done for the day, no exceptions.

I live and preach safety and don't need anyone reminding me.
Stay safe and have a dazzling day, BK Morrow