Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Wine Country Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 6:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Concealed carry permits in LC

I would like to encourage all interested LC residents to apply for their permit!!

At first sight you are looking at a dreaded 16 hour course. My original thought was WTF.

The deputies teaching this class are absolute pros. I learned more about tactical defensive shooting in 8 hours than i ever dreamed of. The lead instructor is simply awesome!

Its also my understanding that he may be opening up a tactical shooting class sometime in the near future. I WILL be taking his class!

I want to thank him and will be trying to get him to possibly doing some volunteer work since we are an NRA approved shooting club. Once our class is completed i will contact him about this. He wants to shoot coyotes on my place so.....
Old 03-17-2013, 9:07 PM

Are you currently in a session? Do you know when the next session starts? Perhaps the price?
Old 03-19-2013, 3:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzinar View Post
Are you currently in a session? Do you know when the next session starts? Perhaps the price?
We just finished our qualifying. Here is all the information you will need and follow up through.

http://www.lakesheriff.com/ServicesP...CCWprocess.htm

Good Luck! Feel free to to ask questions.
Old 03-21-2013, 7:39 AM

Looks like apprx $226. Thanks for the link. Is it givin in 1 weekend, sat and sun?
Old 04-06-2013, 8:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Does your denial letter give you a reason, even if generic?
Old 04-06-2013, 8:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Are you a resident? Owning property but not residing here will not satisfy the requirement. Why were you denied?

They issue to all qualified residents who can legally purchase a firearm.

Last edited by taperxz; 04-06-2013 at 9:08 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 7:21 AM

Hello, Folks

Ray Higbee and I offer private, one-on-one CCW classes in Sonoma, Lake and Mendocino Counties. We will also work with couples and small private groups.

And I offer CCW Course Preparation training for beginners who need to acquire the basics of safety, gun handling, and marksmanship prior to their CCW training. As one student put it:

Stephanie Trapasso is an extremely effective pistol instructor. Stephanie has a track record of dramatic, swift improvement of shooters gun handling, safe practice, and marksmanship. She is intensely focused on her students and their progress, and she is a delight to work with. She will help you build confidence and to feel good about yourself. Stephanie works with men and women of all ages.
Old 06-05-2014, 1:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsmithingMendocino View Post
Hello, Folks

Ray Higbee and I offer private, one-on-one CCW classes in Sonoma, Lake and Mendocino Counties. We will also work with couples and small private groups.

And I offer CCW Course Preparation training for beginners who need to acquire the basics of safety, gun handling, and marksmanship prior to their CCW training. As one student put it:

Stephanie Trapasso is an extremely effective pistol instructor. Stephanie has a track record of dramatic, swift improvement of shooters gun handling, safe practice, and marksmanship. She is intensely focused on her students and their progress, and she is a delight to work with. She will help you build confidence and to feel good about yourself. Stephanie works with men and women of all ages.
Does your class officially satisfy the requirements of the LCSO for and LTC?
Old 06-25-2014, 7:43 PM

Default CCW Course Completion Certificate Mendocino, Lake, Sonoma

Hello, TAPERXZ

Yes indeed. Our certificate is recognized in Lake, Sonoma, and Mendocino Counties. Ray and I really do go the extra mile for our CCW Candidates and we have references if you're interested. My phone number is on my web site http://gunsmithingmendocino.com

Call me any time if you'd like to learn more.

Be well,

Stephanie Trapasso
Old 06-25-2014, 7:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsmithingMendocino View Post
Hello, TAPERXZ

Yes indeed. Our certificate is recognized in Lake, Sonoma, and Mendocino Counties. Ray and I really do go the extra mile for our CCW Candidates and we have references if you're interested. My phone number is on my web site http://gunsmithingmendocino.com

Call me any time if you'd like to learn more.

Be well,

Stephanie Trapasso
Whats your fee for a CCW class? The Sheriff does this for $105
Old 06-25-2014, 8:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashoward View Post
I'm in the early July class. I understand its $100.
Lake County requires the initial course to be 16 hours. If these folks charge $100 bucks thats a good deal!
The renewal is only 8 hours.
Old 06-26-2014, 7:44 AM

Default Fees

Hello, TAPERXZ

Our regularly scheduled two-day, 16 hour, class for groups of 20 or more is currently $100.00 but it will increase substantially, soon. Our two-year renewal is currently $35.00 but this, too, will substantially increase soon. Clearly, we charge more for our one-on-one and small group private classes. Fees are based on the number of candidates, the location of the shoot, and even the mean skill level of the group or the base skill level of the single, private student. Make sense?

Stephanie
http://gunsmithingmendocino.com
Old 08-12-2014, 11:06 PM

Stephanie - My understanding is getting a CCW as a resident in Sonoma is effectively impossible. Is this correct? I ask because you mentioned your course is recognized in Lake, Sonoma and Mendocino and it gave me a glimmer of hope... I would like to get my CCW some day, if/when I move somewhere where that's possible.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
The deputies teaching this class are absolute pros. I learned more about tactical defensive shooting in 8 hours than i ever dreamed of. The lead instructor is simply awesome!

Its also my understanding that he may be opening up a tactical shooting class sometime in the near future. I WILL be taking his class!
Any update on a tactical shooting class?
Old 09-26-2014, 12:09 AM

Default Lake County

Good Day, Great Input. I'm just starting the process in Lake County (lower lake)