Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 01-07-2015, 8:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Low mortgage rates for calguners + SoCal/Idaho House Selling/House Hunting Service

Hello fellow Calgunners,

If you have a mortgage in California or Idaho or you'll be buying a home soon and you'd like some numbers crunched to see what might be available for you, PM or email me and I can run a side by side comparison of what you've got, and what some options are for a refi.

I'm not afraid to tell you that you're good to go with what you've got. No hard sell from me and you can check my itrader to at least feel comfortable knowing that I'm not a flake.

I've been in real estate and finance full time for over 18 years now and I can help with conventional loans, FHA, VA as well as commercial financing and apartments.

If you're thinking about buying a home this year I can help you with the pre qualification process and work with you to put together a plan so you are ready when the time comes to buy.

If you are looking for a home in SoCal or North Idaho, I also offer a house hunting guide service to help you find a home or investment property in L.A./Orange/S.B./S.D./Riverside counties and North Idaho

If you are thinking about selling your home in the next 6 months PM me and I'll email you a report on what you can do now to ensure you get top dollar when it comes time to sell.

Planning your Great Escape to a Free State? Check out post #28 for my Free State Escape Services

Cheers to low rates and cheap ammo!

Micah Peterson, Independent Real Estate Broker and Finance Expert
visit my website here for some more info about my services
check out my itrader and you can also see what others are saying about me here on Google
D.R.E. 01366504
I.R.E.C. #DB50747
NMLS 361312
micah@lifesourcemortgage.com

Last edited by huntingsocal; 03-15-2024 at 3:51 PM..
Old 01-12-2015, 6:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How about your VA Benefit?

I'm currently helping my wife's cousin refi OUT of a conventional loan and into a VA loan that he never used his benefit for.

When it is all said and done, him and his wife will be saving $197 a month
Old 01-19-2015, 9:35 PM

If your in the SoCal area please PM me. I'm a vet wanting to check out my options if any.
Old 05-15-2015, 7:51 AM

Just wanted to throw a shout out to huntingsocal. This guys is legitimate I did a refinance with him and could not be happier. He is very communicative and attentive to your needs. I highly recommend his services to anyone that is interested in home loans.
Old 05-22-2015, 6:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thank you sir for the endorsement

Rates still holding low.

Don't wait too long to see if you can save some $$$
Old 04-01-2016, 11:21 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Cool story bro #1

Helped a Veteran and his family "move up" to their dream home in Long Beach. Don't let an agent try and tell you your offer won't be accepted if you use a VA loan. (It happens a lot)

He was using his VA Benefit on his current home. Found the house they wanted and made an offer. The agent called to grill me and make sure I could get it done. Offer accepted.

They put their house up for sale and the day after it closed we were on the phone with the VA and got his entitlement re established so he could use a VA loan to buy the new home.

Buyers of their home agreed to let them stay two weeks after closing and we only ended up needing a week before we closed escrow on the new house and got them moved in.

VA rates are the lowest fixed rates out there right now. PM me if you'd like to learn more

Cool story #2

A young couple came to me for help buying their first home. They had some money saved but not a full 20% down.

We found a house with "good bones" that needed some TLC mostly cosmetic stuff and elbow grease but the house was in a great neighborhood.

I negotiated a good deal on the house and with 10% down I was able to get them a loan with mortgage insurance and a payment they could afford.

Fast forward six months

They'd done some fix ups and values had gone up in the neighborhood. I did a detailed analysis of house values and it looked like values had come up enough that they had a full 20% equity in the house. Rates were also a bit lower so I was able to refinance their mortgage at a lower rate, drop the mortgage insurance because of the increase equity, and lower their payment $139 a month

PM me if you'd like me to crunch some numbers to see if I can save you some money or help you find a house

Last edited by huntingsocal; 12-17-2018 at 4:06 PM..
Old 04-01-2016, 8:27 PM

Last time I was on here was when I asked Micah (huntingsocal) about a loan as I wanted to become a 1st time home buyer and now, I own a house. Thanks for your help, Micah. You came through, didn't feed me any Bullsh*t and you deserve a bump for all the work you did.

So, if any one needs a loan or a Realtor, contact him and Micah, hopefully you can help with a re-finance when the time is right!
Old 04-06-2016, 7:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Congrats Gil and thank you for the kind words. It was a long time coming but you hung in there like a champ.

You're going to have to change your location soon
Old 05-30-2016, 3:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Cool story #3

A retired service member came to me asking about buying another property.

Turns out, he wasn't using his VA benefit on his current condo but he did have a great rate, a low payment and a good chunk of equity. The place is already dialed in and current rents in the area will cover the mortgage, the HOA payments and then some.

We found his next house, a bit of a fixer but priced accordingly. We negotiated a contract and now he's in escrow using his VA home loan benefit. Since VA allows for zero down payment the money he has saved will go toward fixing up the house and getting it dialed in like the other one.

PM me if you'd like to learn more about buying a second home, using your VA benefit or anything else mortgage or real estate related.

Cool Story #4

An elderly gentleman came to me after trying to sell his home with two different "area expert" realtors. They both made the same pitch "Hey I've got a buyer for your home, list it with me and I'll get it sold in 30 days or less."

The first agent had his home listed for 6 months. Even went so far as to magically get the home in escrow with one of her "buyers" a week before her listing agreement was set to expire. Never closed escrow.

Second agent claimed to have a local real estate radio show and promised he could close escrow in 30 days with his "buyer." After three months and two extensions, no buyer.

The first thing I did when I sat down with the seller was to let him know up front that I did NOT have a buyer for his home but that I was going to launch a strategic marketing plan to find him one.

We closed escrow last week with a full price offer from a buyer that only requested $200 in repairs. Seller and his wife were thrilled and said "third times a charm" when I dropped off their closing documents.

Last edited by huntingsocal; 12-17-2018 at 4:07 PM..
Old 07-15-2016, 6:34 PM

pm sent
Old 09-01-2016, 9:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Cool Story #5

A low FICO doesn't necessarily mean you can't take advantage of the low rates available right now especially if you have an FHA loan.

I wrapped up a FHA streamline this week with a 604 FICO and we got the rate down to 3.375%APR on a 30 year fixed and ALL the closing costs were paid by the new mortgage company.

Cool Story #6

A client came to me and wanted to find out house within a specific block of homes that had at least 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms for his family.

We set up up a targeted search with instant notifications any time a home came up for sale in that specific block.

Although it took several months for the right house to come up for sale, as of last week he and his family are now the happy owners of a 3 bedroom home in the exact neighborhood he wanted right down the street from his daughter's school.

Last edited by huntingsocal; 12-17-2018 at 4:07 PM..
Old 12-16-2016, 7:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Cool Story #7

Rates definitely on the rise since the election and all the "experts" say they won't be coming down any time soon.

The news might be reporting doom and gloom but the reality is rates are still near historic lows.

For example, a client came to me with a previous Bankruptcy. She hit a rough patch after her employer went out of business and then her husband passed away.

She's back on her feet now and even with her credit challenges I was able to get her first mortgage refinanced which lowered her monthly payment by $649.

She's got some breathing room now and isn't worried so much about making ends meet every month.

PM me and I can let you know if there is some room for improvement on your mortgage.

Cool Story #8

Met an elderly couple with their granddaughter at an open house. They were looking for a home for her and said they were going to help her with the down payment. He owns several of his own businesses and does very well.

We got to talking and his plan was to refinance his free and clear home on the water in Long Beach, then use that money for the down payment on the granddaughter's home and get a mortgage for the balance of the purchase price.

Quite a complicated scenario especially considering the gigantic mound of paperwork required to document all his different businesses.

Well, we found her a house and got their offer accepted. In less than 45 days we refinanced the house on the water and closed concurrently on the purchase loan for his granddaughter.

Yes, these days there is a lot more paperwork required to get a mortgage but if you work with a professional, like me, who knows what is going to be required ahead of time, the process can be pretty seamless. Even with more complicated scenarios.

If you are trying to put together a complicated scenario and you don't want to hand it over to an amateur in a call center, send me a PM and I'll let you know some options for putting it all together

Last edited by huntingsocal; 12-17-2018 at 4:08 PM..
Old 12-20-2016, 8:15 PM

Definitey will give you a call when I relocate for work.
Old 03-30-2017, 6:06 PM

Thumbs up CG'er... BROTHERS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2oore View Post
Just wanted to throw a shout out to huntingsocal. This guys is legitimate I did a refinance with him and could not be happier. He is very communicative and attentive to your needs. I highly recommend his services to anyone that is interested in home loans.
SUPPORT !!!!!
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=20c9730268&view=fimg&th=15ad3c387b7ea1aa& attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_15ad3c34b07b03d5&a ttbid=ANGjdJ_GOwaOCfqt3OHKm7zY_mRBiORflleilym4tijR cuiC5hGws2oJLyDhF9PhQVXWMa7_jCP_uMAWxJrz5ef-HJcaRLRDzRANo5ScBq6Y0tJJfz6He0c6K0GPTDg&sz=w632-h880&ats=1489612610462&rm=15ad3c387b7ea1aa&zw&atsh =1
Old 04-14-2017, 6:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Cool Story #9

My good friend called me up and asked me if I could help his mother. She owns a home out in Castaic that she's used as a rental property for the last 18 years. It is too far away for her to keep tabs on now and she wanted to sell it.

Now Castaic is about 60 miles away but I'm licensed in all of California so my buddy and I took a drive out to see the property after the renters moved out. I gave them a list of recommended work to be done in order to get it sold quickly and 6 weeks later we put it up on the market.

We had 5 offers within 48 hours and she accepted an offer $16,000 over the asking price.

Don't be fooled by so called "area experts" that spam your mailbox with junk mail. If you work with a broker that knows how to study market trends like me, you can get top dollar for your house and avoid wasting time holding open houses and having agents come through your house when you're trying to have dinner.

If you're thinking about selling your home this year, PM me and I'll be happy to provide a no cost, no obligation home valuation based on what the market is doing in YOUR neighborhood.

Cool Story #10

I recently helped a fellow calguner with a refinance.

We needed to exchange some paperwork and rather than meeting up at a boring office or a Starbucks or something like that, we met up at the local gun store parking lot.

Sure, you could go into the bank or call a telemarketer that sent you some junk mail and probably get your refinance done, eventually.

Or, you can work with a professional, like me. Chances are, I can get you a better deal, with less paperwork, in less time AND if you're in SoCal I'd be happy to meet up at the local gun shop.

I'm always looking for a reason to go to the gun store

Last edited by huntingsocal; 12-17-2018 at 4:09 PM..
Old 06-29-2017, 7:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Prepare Early To Have Your Offer Accepted

Calguners,

Here’s a quick note to let you know how I can help you

A seller’s market is not the time to make lowball offers.
Before you submit an offer, get an idea of what neighboring
homes sold for recently. As a real estate broker, I can
give you an estimate of what the home is truly worth.

From there, make a competitive offer. If you bid too low, a
seller may not even come back with a counteroffer; they
could just say “No.” In this competitive market, there is a
good chance you will have to be at or above listing price, so
keep this in mind when making an offer.

When you, or someone you care about, finds an appealing
neighborhood, allow me to provide a complete financial
package so your offer will have the strongest likelihood of
being accepted.

My job as your mortgage & real estate consultant is not only to help you
when it is time to buy a home, it’s also to guide, lead
and watch out for you as you prepare early to buy your next home.

Last edited by huntingsocal; 07-18-2017 at 4:10 PM..
Old 07-18-2017, 4:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Did you know?
  • It may be possible to lower your monthly payments AND pay off your mortgage sooner? PM me for a free, no pressure home loan analysis
  • VA Loan Rates Are Lower
    According to loan software company Ellie Mae, VA loan rates are typically about 0.25% lower than those of conventional loans. The VA backs the mortgages, making them a lower risk for lenders. Those savings are passed on to Veterans.
    Additionally, VA loans come with some of the lowest foreclosure rates of any loan type, further reducing risk for lenders. No surprise here, but Veterans and Servicepersons take homeownership seriously. These factors add up to lower rates and affordable payments for those who choose a VA loan.
  • Some recent changes to Fannie Mae guidelines have made it easier for homeowner's to pay off student loan debt when refinancing. If you you've been thinking about refinancing and you have student loan debt shoot me a PM and I'll fill you in on the details.
  • Equity lines of credit are coming back on the banking scene.
    The guidelines are much more strict than the old days of "use your home as an ATM machine" circa 2003-2007. One strategy is to use them to help you get out of a loan with mortgage insurance.
    PM for details and I'll run a free analysis to see if it works for you.

Last edited by huntingsocal; 12-17-2018 at 4:14 PM..
Old 05-01-2018, 9:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Planning on selling your home this year?

What you do right now could help you get thousands more for your home and you might be surprised how little you need to spend to make a big difference.

PM me for a free report "Cheap & Easy List of Home Improvements to Help You Sell Your Home for Top Dollar"

Lots of families hope to find their next home during spring and summer so the kids can finish up school where they are and start the new year at the new school. We don't have "slow" times in So Cal for selling homes but activity definitely picks up May-July
Old 06-16-2018, 3:04 PM

Nothing but praise for Micah's services.

He sold our home, here's the story http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1456161 .

Thanks again!
Old 07-03-2018, 1:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks desertrider

Favorite part of my job the past few years has been helping other calguners buy, sell and refi homes.

Nothing beats working and talking about guns, shooting with clients and meeting up at gun stores to take care of paperwork
Old 08-24-2018, 1:50 PM

I'm looking at buying my first house. Is there much help (grants or other incentives) out there for first time buyers right now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine mil thrill View Post
ok....what is her first name...??
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike415stone View Post
What are you... like 5 years old or something?
Old 09-05-2018, 11:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

There are a few low down payment programs and depending on the area you are looking, may be some grants as well. Any military service? VA home loans have the lowest rates right now and can get you into a home with zero down payment. I'll PM you

update 9/5/2018:

Grant program just became available for certain public service employees PM me for full details but here are the basics:

Features:

Grant option available exclusively to the public safety and education sectors (REQUIRES NO REPAYMENT)
With this grant, you can receive 3%, 4% or 5% of the 1st mortgage loan amount to be used for down payment and/or closing costs
Can be paired with a home purchase or refinance using FHA or Conventional financing
Not limited to first-time homebuyers (Buyers cannot own other real estate at time of closing)

Grant Options Exclusively Available to:

Peace Officers, Sheriff, Border Patrol Agents, Correctional Officers and others serving in a Law Enforcement capacity
Firefighters, CalFire, paramedics, and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs), including administrative staff that supports firefighters
Current members of the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS) or University of California Retirement Plan (UCRP), employees of a California accredited Private, Charter or Public School District or California State University, Junior College or Private College, including school administration and staff.
Old 12-13-2018, 7:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

When is the best time to buy a house?

(Hint, I can still get your home loan done before the end of the year)

Find out what the best time of the year to buy a house according to the experts and under which conditions sellers are most receptive to negotiation. Read More: The Balance
Old 12-13-2018, 7:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

/\ When's the best time to sell?
Old 12-13-2018, 7:26 PM
Banned

Is it hard to sell a house and buy another at near same time?
So that I don't really have to worry about storage or where my family stays until we find new house.
I have townhome fully paid, no loans/mortgage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2018, 1:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
/\ When's the best time to sell?
Experience shows me that June is the time of year when people get the highest prices for their homes in the SoCal area anyway. So reverse engineer that back with a 30-45 day escrow in most cases and I'd say April/May is best time of year to begin marketing if you can afford to wait. YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo2A View Post
Is it hard to sell a house and buy another at near same time?
So that I don't really have to worry about storage or where my family stays until we find new house.
I have townhome fully paid, no loans/mortgage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It doesn't have to be hard. I've helped lots of people do this.

There are different ways to go about it. The person you are buying your new home from needs to know your home is "contingent" on you selling your current home so a big piece is that everyone has to be on the same page. You, the person buying your home and the person you're buying your new home from.

It is known as "closing concurrently." In an ideal scenario, you'll sell your house and the buyers will agree to give you a few days after closing to get out of the house, 3 days is pretty common but it isn't unheard of to get a couple more days breathing room.

You'll have that time to get the proceeds of your sale wired over to the purchase of the new property, close escrow on the new property, moved out of your current house and moved in to the new house.

If a "concurrent close" doesn't work out then you can do what is called a "seller rent back" to give you more time.

In this scenario, you would close escrow on your current house but instead of moving out right away you would "rent back" the house from the new buyers.

Typically the rent you pay is based on whatever the new buyer's mortgage payment is. So for example, if the person buying your house had a new mortgage payment of $2,500 a month including taxes/insurance/etc then your "rent" would be $2,500 divided by 30 days = $83.33 per day.

You'd have an agreement in place at the close of escrow on your house that you would be renting the home back for say, 30 days at $83.33 per day.

Then you'd have a whole month to get the purchase of your new house sorted out.

The "concurrent close" is more common than the "rent back" in my experience. I've helped people do it both ways and it can be done relatively easily as long as you've got competent agents involved and all buyers and sellers are on the same page and understand exactly how it is all going down.
Old 12-15-2018, 2:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingsocal View Post
Experience shows me that June is the time of year when people get the highest prices for their homes in the SoCal area anyway. So reverse engineer that back with a 30-45 day escrow in most cases and I'd say April/May is best time of year to begin marketing if you can afford to wait. YMMV

It doesn't have to be hard. I've helped lots of people do this.

There are different ways to go about it. The person you are buying your new home from needs to know your home is "contingent" on you selling your current home so a big piece is that everyone has to be on the same page. You, the person buying your home and the person you're buying your new home from.

It is known as "closing concurrently." In an ideal scenario, you'll sell your house and the buyers will agree to give you a few days after closing to get out of the house, 3 days is pretty common but it isn't unheard of to get a couple more days breathing room.

You'll have that time to get the proceeds of your sale wired over to the purchase of the new property, close escrow on the new property, moved out of your current house and moved in to the new house.

If a "concurrent close" doesn't work out then you can do what is called a "seller rent back" to give you more time.

In this scenario, you would close escrow on your current house but instead of moving out right away you would "rent back" the house from the new buyers.

Typically the rent you pay is based on whatever the new buyer's mortgage payment is. So for example, if the person buying your house had a new mortgage payment of $2,500 a month including taxes/insurance/etc then your "rent" would be $2,500 divided by 30 days = $83.33 per day.

You'd have an agreement in place at the close of escrow on your house that you would be renting the home back for say, 30 days at $83.33 per day.

Then you'd have a whole month to get the purchase of your new house sorted out.

The "concurrent close" is more common than the "rent back" in my experience. I've helped people do it both ways and it can be done relatively easily as long as you've got competent agents involved and all buyers and sellers are on the same page and understand exactly how it is all going down.
You had also better make DANG sure that there is nothing that will hold up your purchase of the new house. Inspections etc are all done and completed. No property issues. No qualification issues. Make sure your employer/employment is solid too. They will verify your employment for you. Nothing. I've seen many purchases fall out due to the buyer or even the seller's inability to correct those issues.

This is where having an independent third party (meaning they don't have any monetary gains coming from the sale/purchase) looking over all of the paperwork of both the buyer and seller to make sure someone is looking out for you.

Glad OP is willing to go the extra mile for Calgunners.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 12-26-2018, 1:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Planning your great escape in 2019?

I can help you strategically plan your Great Escape to a Free State.

There is a lot that goes in to making a move out of state and I have helped several families over the years make successful Free State moves.

Here is a small sample of some of the services I provide to help you get to a free state.

1.) Qualification projections based on your anticipated out of state income or fixed retirement income. We'll crunch numbers with "the end in mind" and see what it will look like with estimated Free State housing payment.

2.) Connecting with a competent and professional real estate broker in the Free State you're heading to. Broker will be personally vetted by me and one that will keep me in the loop as a second set of eyes for you you on all contracts, negotiations and paperwork for your new home.

3.) Helping you get top dollar for your home if/when the time comes to sell (my team and I cover L.A.,O.C.,S.B., Rvsd, S.D. counties, if you are further north and I can connect you with a broker to take care of you)

4.) Analyzing the "keep it and rent it out or sell it" question if you own your home here. Every situation is different, sometimes it pencils out to keep a rental, sometimes it doesn't. I'll help you run the numbers to find out what will work for you

5.) Coordinating the move. Whether you'll be moving everything at once, keeping things in storage here, or sending things to storage out of state, I'll help you figure out your options and the best way to make it all happen

As many calguners can attest, I'm a pretty patient guy. So even if you're not planning on doing anything any time soon, shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to start helping you plot and plan your Great Escape.
Old 01-15-2019, 3:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Just saw your response. Thx.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:07 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

With tax season in full swing it is important that anyone thinking about buying or selling a home or getting a home loan this year sit down with a mortgage & real estate professional, like me, BEFORE filing taxes. You may not know that your tax returns can make or break your chances of getting the best home loan or worse yet, end up with some unexpected surprises next year when you go to file.

If you or someone you care about is planning on making a move this year or refinancing at some point let them know I'm available for a free, no obligation strategy session to make sure they don't run into any unexpected surprises when the time comes to apply.

Message me for details and please share to help spread the word
Old 02-27-2019, 9:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Think you missed the boat for low mortgage rates?

Trade wars, Brexit, partial shut downs and the like have led to a drop in rates

There may be an opportunity to save money with a refinance; especially if you are consolidating debt or lower the term of your loan (i.e. from 30 year loan to 15 year)

PM for for a no cost, no obligation Home Loan Report to see if there is some room for improvement.
Old 05-06-2019, 8:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

No inflation on the horizon according to the Fed and trade war with China keeping rates at bay for the time being.

Rates are significantly lower than they were for most of last year so if you bought a house in the last 12 months, chances are you can save some money with a refi.

If you're in the market to buy a house, chances are your payment is going to be lower than you thought it would even a few weeks ago.

If you're planning on selling your home, you'll probably get a bit of a boost as buyers like it when rates are low.

If you'd like me to take a look at any of the above scenarios for you, PM me or contact me directly and we can chat about how I might be able to help you buy or sell a home or get a home loan.
Old 05-07-2019, 7:51 AM

Micah is the real deal and is our agent for life. We have used him for a sale recently and a refi a couple of years ago and he has always made sure we were taken care of. He explained the process as we were walking through it clearly and made sure we understood everything we were signing. I have worked with other agents in the past but Micah is the best of them. I highly recommend him for any and all real estate needs and trust that he will always give us his honest opinion.
Old 05-08-2019, 1:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks sigfan! It has been a pleasure helping you and your family over the past couple years

I've said it many times, one of my favorite aspects of my business is getting to work with other calguners and the people they introduce me to.

On another note, a quick announcement,

I'm currently finalizing my mortgage licensing in Colorado and Idaho to build up my "Free State Escape" services so stay tuned!
Old 07-18-2019, 6:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just saved someone $222.22 on their mortgage for a house they bought last year, in October.

Rates are down this year over last year so if you or someone you care about bought a house even as little as six months ago, you might be surprised by how much you can save.

PM me for a no cost, no obligation check up to see if we can have some fun with numbers
Old 07-19-2019, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingsocal View Post
Hello fellow Calgunners,

If you have a mortgage or you'll be buying a home soon and you'd like some numbers crunched to see what might be available for you, PM or email me and I can run a side by side comparison of what you've got, and what some options are for a refi.

I'm not afraid to tell you that you're good to go with what you've got. No hard sell from me and you can check my itrader to at least feel comfortable knowing that I'm not a flake.

I've been in real estate and finance full time for over 14 years now and I can help with conventional loans, FHA, VA as well as commercial financing and apartments.

If you're thinking about buying a home this year I can help you with the pre qualification process and work with you to put together a plan so you are ready when the time comes to buy.

If you are looking for a home in SoCal, I also offer a house hunting guide service to help you find a home or investment property in L.A./Orange/S.B./S.D./Riverside counties

If you are thinking about selling your home in the next 6 months PM me and I'll email you a report on what you can do now to ensure you get top dollar when it comes time to sell.

Planning your Great Escape to a Free State? Check out post #28 for my Free State Escape Services

Cheers to low rates and cheap ammo!

Micah Peterson, Independent Real Estate Broker and Finance Expert
visit my website here for some more info about my services
check out my itrader and you can also what others are saying about me here on Yelp
B.R.E. 01366504
NMLS 361312
micah@lifesourcemortgage.com
Might take your word, I've been thinking about ReFi my house.
Old 07-19-2019, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Might take your word, I've been thinking about ReFi my house.
You should definitely reach out to Micah to see what kind of options you have. I did earlier this year, and Micah was very helpful in laying out what my options were. I sat on it for a few months, and when I was ready to do it, he sprang right into action for me. I called around a bunch of places and no one came close to what he was able to offer me. The whole refi took a little less than a month and it went smoothly. I only wished I knew of him back when I first bought my house.

Last edited by SDnewbieshooter; 07-19-2019 at 5:25 PM..
Old 07-19-2019, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDnewbieshooter View Post
You should definitely reach out to Micah to see what kind of options you have. I did earlier this year, and Micah was very helpful in laying out what my options were. I sat on it for a few months, and when I was ready to do it, he sprang right into action for me. I called around a bunch of places and no one came close to what he was able to offer me. The whole refi took a little less than a month and it went smoothly. I only wished I knew of him back when I first bough my house.
Good to know thanks.
Old 07-19-2019, 6:33 PM
Calguns Addict

As someone who doesn’t have anything in it, the rates are LOW!!!! I do work in the biz, but on the operations side. I have seen a lot of folks who just bought their house a few months ago who are refinancing to get a lower rate.

Do it!

A word of caution, the mortgage companies are BUSY! A week plus once the loan hits the doors. A while for the appraisal, and conditions that you need to get cleared before docs.

So, get your stuff together!!! Do it now rather than later.

Anybody want some free suggestions, PM me and I can give you a few pointers from an Underwriters viewpoint.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 07-22-2019, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
As someone who doesn’t have anything in it, the rates are LOW!!!! I do work in the biz, but on the operations side. I have seen a lot of folks who just bought their house a few months ago who are refinancing to get a lower rate.

Do it!

A word of caution, the mortgage companies are BUSY! A week plus once the loan hits the doors. A while for the appraisal, and conditions that you need to get cleared before docs.

So, get your stuff together!!! Do it now rather than later.

Anybody want some free suggestions, PM me and I can give you a few pointers from an Underwriters viewpoint.
I would wait till August. The fed bank is hinting at a .25-.50 rate drop at the end of july. It's putting pressure on rates already. We are going to see sub 3-2.8% 15 year rates...