Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 07-09-2018, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMR View Post
10+1 off hand at 7 yards, slow fire. 400 rounds with one failure to feed (probably due to my cast reloads).

I think I like it!

Nice shooting! Do you have issues with the high bore-axis for the compact? I learned I cannot suppress recoil well with the standard grip module no matter how much inward-torque and pressure I place with my grip. It keeps snapping back and moves away from my support hand. The X-grip really helps. I think it might be due to having the grittier texturing go higher up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperchasin View Post
My X5 makes the thunk as well. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but hopefully she fires fine.
I'm desperately doing my best to wait for a monthly calguns shoot to test out my X5, but it seems so far away. I loaded up all my mags last week and they've just been sitting in my range bag while I dry-fire it. If you are going to shoot in the next week or so, please post a range report.
Old 07-09-2018, 7:43 PM
Veteran Member

just shoot it already
Old 07-09-2018, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitruc View Post
Nice shooting! Do you have issues with the high bore-axis for the compact? I learned I cannot suppress recoil well with the standard grip module no matter how much inward-torque and pressure I place with my grip. It keeps snapping back and moves away from my support hand. The X-grip really helps. I think it might be due to having the grittier texturing go.

Thanks. I donít have any issues with the high bore axis. Iím used to it anyway with the Sig P226 as one of the favorites in the stable. I think perhaps you need a bigger grip module if the x grip works better? That or something needs to be changed with how you hold the pistol?
Old 07-09-2018, 8:16 PM

Anyone else feel like the trigger isnít crisp but rather spongy? Has anyone tried an aftermarket trigger like Apex? Did it fix the spongy-ness?
Old 07-09-2018, 8:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I never got my Jig from JSD (ordered direct). Did everyone else get theirs?

Last edited by Mountain Max; 07-09-2018 at 9:32 PM..
Old 07-09-2018, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Max View Post
yes i did, ordered on April 16, got it delivered on June 29, not enough time to build so up for sale.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qvo View Post
yes i did, ordered on April 16, got it delivered on June 29, not enough time to build so up for sale.
Yeah my order must have been overlooked because I paid for it back in march
Old 07-10-2018, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Anyone else feel like the trigger isnít crisp but rather spongy? Has anyone tried an aftermarket trigger like Apex? Did it fix the spongy-ness?
ordered the apex trigger bar with the Action enhanced flat trigger. should be in this week. i'll install on X carry and take it out for a spin and let you know.
Old 07-10-2018, 4:11 AM

Quote:
Not yet. I ordered mine through the group buy.
Old 07-10-2018, 7:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If anyone hasnít gotten there jigs, reach out to Chris. If you ordered through jsd reach out to Jordan. I was under the impression he was all caught up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-10-2018, 11:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Jordan contacted me this morning and told me he'll get it out today.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I got it on the 29th as well and finished it up on the 30th. Cut it super close but skated in under the deadline
Old 07-10-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myv View Post
I got it on the 29th as well and finished it up on the 30th. Cut it super close but skated in under the deadline
Good for you. I was at work on the 29 until morning of 30, No time to do it. I end up bought a P320 PPT and maybe use it as xchange kit (complete build it P320 RX ) other parts are up for sale. No more headaches. Am done with build stuff. Sad but oh well, got to move on.

Last edited by qvo; 07-10-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Old 07-10-2018, 1:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm doing mine as an NFA build Ab857 exempt!
Old 07-10-2018, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Good for you. I was at work on the 29 until morning of 30, No time to do it. I end up bought a P320 PPT and maybe use it as xchange kit (complete build it P320 RX ) other parts are up for sale. No more headaches. Am done with build stuff. Sad but oh well, got to move on.

I've seen several people talk about the June 30 deadline. Was there something besides being able to make up your own serial numbers that was important? From what I understand the difference now is that you have to apply for the serial numbers from the state then have them engraved.

Is there something else that has passed me by with the June 30 deadline? The California gun law maze is too difficult to navigate anymore.
Old 07-10-2018, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docflash View Post
I've seen several people talk about the June 30 deadline. Was there something besides being able to make up your own serial numbers that was important? From what I understand the difference now is that you have to apply for the serial numbers from the state then have them engraved.

Is there something else that has passed me by with the June 30 deadline? The California gun law maze is too difficult to navigate anymore.
3.7oz of metal requirement
Old 07-10-2018, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myv View Post
3.7oz of metal requirement
I believe that is only for polymer firearms. The p320 is a 100% stainless steel firearm that has polymer accessories that mount to it.
Old 07-10-2018, 3:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I did, got mine about a week and a half ago. Talk to Jordan, he can tell you whats going on (was lucky too, had to cancel my G43 order from him, but luckily did it in time to swap it out for another 80% P320)

"A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)
Old 07-10-2018, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubrun View Post
If anyone hasnít gotten there jigs, reach out to Chris. If you ordered through jsd reach out to Jordan. I was under the impression he was all caught up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Don't bother reaching out to Chris. He is on vacation until monday.
Old 07-13-2018, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Anyone else feel like the trigger isn’t crisp but rather spongy? Has anyone tried an aftermarket trigger like Apex? Did it fix the spongy-ness?
got the apex trigger bar and trigger. installed it and had some problems. don't know if it's because something was off (80% FCU). the trigger had delayed breaks. only when i squeezed the **** out of the trigger did it break "on time". It seems that the overtravel sleeve was a hair too thick.The reset was pretty good and the trigger travel was greatly reduced. HOWEVER, I don't think it's that much better than the X-Carry trigger that's already on there. X-Carry trigger is pretty damn good in comparison to the APEX trigger bar and trigger, just needs some breaking in. JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION.

I'm returning the APEX trigger.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Anyone else feel like the trigger isn’t crisp but rather spongy? Has anyone tried an aftermarket trigger like Apex? Did it fix the spongy-ness?
"Sponge Worthy"? LOL!

Seriously though, check your trigger spring. I mangled mine and the trigger was spongy as heck. I took it out and I slowly returned it 90į, reinstalling and pulling the trigger each time, and now it's crisp again (and my fingers are sore) but with a slight stagey pretravel. I ordered extra springs and I plan to replace the messed up one. I don't want it to fail.

This is all from experimenting on my FCU and not quoting from my book of WECSOG.

EDIT: I just changed the spring. Pretravel is clean, no staging. Break is crisp. Typical spongy travel before letting up for reset. Huge difference.
I can visibly see the change in the curvature of the old spring vs. the new spring. The arm is at 90į where I bent it back but the curve of the coil is more acute (old spring) and not gradual like the new one.

Last edited by Flanders; 07-14-2018 at 1:13 AM..
Old 07-14-2018, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalpinoy View Post
got the apex trigger bar and trigger. installed it and had some problems. don't know if it's because something was off (80% FCU). the trigger had delayed breaks. only when i squeezed the **** out of the trigger did it break "on time". It seems that the overtravel sleeve was a hair too thick.The reset was pretty good and the trigger travel was greatly reduced. HOWEVER, I don't think it's that much better than the X-Carry trigger that's already on there. X-Carry trigger is pretty damn good in comparison to the APEX trigger bar and trigger, just needs some breaking in. JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION.

I'm returning the APEX trigger.

Thanks for that. Bummer that the Apex didnít end up working out. Well this saves me some time and cash-ola that I really shouldnít be spending!
Old 07-14-2018, 4:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
"Sponge Worthy"? LOL!

Seriously though, check your trigger spring. I mangled mine and the trigger was spongy as heck. I took it out and I slowly returned it 90į, reinstalling and pulling the trigger each time, and now it's crisp again (and my fingers are sore) but with a slight stagey pretravel. I ordered extra springs and I plan to replace the messed up one. I don't want it to fail.

This is all from experimenting on my FCU and not quoting from my book of WECSOG.

EDIT: I just changed the spring. Pretravel is clean, no staging. Break is crisp. Typical spongy travel before letting up for reset. Huge difference.
I can visibly see the change in the curvature of the old spring vs. the new spring. The arm is at 90į where I bent it back but the curve of the coil is more acute (old spring) and not gradual like the new one.

Huh, thatís interesting! My spring is at 90, but it does stick outward and rub against the grip frame. Itís cheap enough to try and if it doesnít work, oh well. Better than trying out an Apex that doesnít make things better
Old 07-14-2018, 1:26 PM

My xcarry trugger has the case of the spongies and crappy reset. Gonna try a new spring, I f'd mine up a bit. Is Midway the best place to pick it up?
Old 07-14-2018, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnEnvy View Post
My xcarry trugger has the case of the spongies and crappy reset. Gonna try a new spring, I f'd mine up a bit. Is Midway the best place to pick it up?
If you're talking about the triggerbar spring, I have some extra ones. I can mail it to you in a regular envelope I'm pretty sure.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

ther is a xtra power trigger soring that makes it quite crisp