Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 6:52 PM

Default My trip to turners *shocking revelations*

Turners gets a bad rep and i'm not really sure why. I purchased my first gun from ammo bros in ontario. everything went fine and i picked up a great springfield xd9. but i work in redlands and live in moreno valley, ontario was a long drive with traffic. i found out shortly after my xd that turners was 5 miles from my work. since then i've bought all my guns from turners in san bernardino. the wait times suck sometimes, but all gun stores have that problem. ever been to bass pro on a saturday? might as well bring a chair and a sandwich.

anyways. i've purchased a remington 870 express, issc m22, S&W sigma40, and my new M&P15 sport from turners. besides the wait times from other customers, i've never had a problem or complaint. catch a gun on sale and you normally get a pretty good deal.

my M&P15 was my most recent purchase. i ran in on a saturday a 5:45 in the evening 15 minutes before they closed. Glenn (sure hope thats his name) walked me through the gun, BS'd with me for a minute about the sudden scarcity of 5.56 ammo, wrote up the paper work, reviewed everything with me, and had me at the register in about 10 minutes. great guy, knows his stuff, and catch him at "go home" time and he's quick as hell.

summary? no complaints about turners, would let someone go in front of me so i could deal with glenn (3rd gun from him now), and if you want to get in and out of turners fast just show up about a half hour before closing
Old 11-15-2012, 7:01 PM

I also got my first 2 guns from the same store (also about 5 miles from my work) and not an issue.
Old 11-17-2012, 3:26 PM
Veteran Member

It really depends on the sales reps. I've always had outstanding service at the Fountain Valley one. Only time I had a negative experience was the one an Orange. This Hispanic "salesman" with a scar on the back of his head was being an utter jerk about doing DROS work. Made some excuse that their computers were already shut down with 2 more hours left til store closing. Worst part is, afterwards, he continues to try to make a sale with someone else.

Hard to monitor all employees at a chain. In hindsight, I should have taken his name and reported him, but me and the guy I was trading with was in a rush to find another place to transfer before all stores were closed.
Old 11-18-2012, 8:27 AM

there's no "zero defect" in any organization... for us marines, they expect a 10% "defects".

for most places, it's more like 20% or higher...

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)
Old 11-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Banned

Reseda seems to get a bad rap here, but I go there and always have a very good experience with great service from them.
Old 11-19-2012, 8:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFlexibus View Post
there's no "zero defect" in any organization... for us marines, they expect a 10% "defects".

for most places, it's more like 20% or higher...
Thats interesting to know that they've already hashed out a set number that they're expecting to be "defects" in the Marines. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-19-2012, 9:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorenut View Post
Thats interesting to know that they've already hashed out a set number that they're expecting to be "defects" in the Marines. Thanks for sharing.
It's a figure of speech older than you. Never heard the saying, "There's always that 10%?"
Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyBean View Post
Reseda seems to get a bad rap here, but I go there and always have a very good experience with great service from them.
With good cause if you're talking about the right (wrong) person. Some of the staff have a difficult time focusing / take a loooong time to cut the paper. Others get it done "with a purpose" as they say. Overall I don't have a problem with them except when they put out of stock guns on sale and you have to wait 4 months.
It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.
Old 11-19-2012, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-J View Post
With good cause if you're talking about the right (wrong) person. Some of the staff have a difficult time focusing / take a loooong time to cut the paper. Others get it done "with a purpose" as they say. Overall I don't have a problem with them except when they put out of stock guns on sale and you have to wait 4 months.
ok that might be the one thing they do that irritates me. i saved all my OT money and every little bit i could for a ruger p95. it finally came back on sale and i jumped right in to the store. was told i had to put my name on a list and they'd call me. whatever, put down my deposit and signed my paperwork. after 3 weeks i still hadn't heard anything. screw it, went in and cancelled my order and put the money towards an in stock AR istead.

still want my p95 though.
Old 11-19-2012, 8:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
It's a figure of speech older than you. Never heard the saying, "There's always that 10%?"
Heard of the saying, but didn't know it was in relation to the Marines and I have a few friends that served as Marines too.

Good phrase.
Old 11-27-2012, 9:32 AM
Banned

San Berdo store (others as well possibly?) can be hit or miss. I have had paperwork done very expeditiously in some cases and in others it took forever.

Case in point, I went in to do a PPT on a Mini14 I was selling and my friend came along to window shop. The salesman handling my transaction took almost an hour to complete it. I was already in their computer as I have bought multiple guns there before and he still had a hard time getting my info onto the form. He wasn't a new employee either as I have seen him in there for years.

AFTER I had already started my transaction, my buddy found a gun he wanted on their rack so he took a number and waited to be called, had a different salesman let him check it out and then had the DROS paperwork finished and was back to window shopping before my transaction was finished.

Needless to say my buddy and I have totally different opinions of their service that day.

Last edited by Steve_In_29; 11-27-2012 at 9:34 AM..
Old 11-27-2012, 7:26 PM

thats quite a long time for a ppt. when i sold my 40 the kid who bought it wanted to do the ppt at warrior one in riverside. we were done in about 25 minutes, and that included me getting there as he was starting his handgun test. guess it just depends on who calls your number.
Old 12-09-2012, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkk6869 View Post
thats quite a long time for a ppt. when i sold my 40 the kid who bought it wanted to do the ppt at warrior one in riverside. we were done in about 25 minutes, and that included me getting there as he was starting his handgun test. guess it just depends on who calls your number.
+1 on that.. that is why i only go the the west covina turners... even then if i could avoid going to turners i will.. just my bad experiences..
Old 12-10-2012, 7:31 AM

ppt at turners is notorious for being slow if you searched this forum...

turner's has a lot of moving parts when doing a ppt, starting with a manager firearm check at the door, etc.., not to mention the new pos system they rolled out a few months ago..

typically it takes twice as long to do a ppt vs. a new DROS at turners.