Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-29-2016, 3:09 PM

ok, just got a call from SO and they indicated I need to fill out the modification form? So I asked her where and what is the modification form.. She indicated its on the website and I told her I don't see it etc...Then she indicated it's on the Initial/Renewal package, So i asked her I have to fill out the whole 13 pages again? She said no.. I sounds to me like she wasn't sure also, but indicated I can fill out the form once I get there.
Old 11-29-2016, 3:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Click on the peritium link i put on page 15 of this thread. Then click on the modification button.
:rofl::jump::rofl::tt2:
Old 11-29-2016, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestargrizzly View Post
Click on the peritium link i put on page 15 of this thread. Then click on the modification button.
I selected modify and it goes thru 7-8 agree then all your information as I did earlier today. I don't see any type of form.
Old 11-29-2016, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slixxster View Post
I selected modify and it goes thru 7-8 agree then all your information as I did earlier today. I don't see any type of form.
My guess is that basically the new website with all those questions replaces the forms.
Old 11-29-2016, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason95357 View Post
My guess is that basically the new website with all those questions replaces the forms.
No it doesn't, she indicated they turn this form into DOJ. After searching thru there website I think I found what they are talking about. I will probably call tomorrow to confirm with them and if so I can fill it out and upload.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just got an automated call, email, and text saying that my permit is approved, and to come in on Friday. Will have to speak to a person though. Hey Slick, want to go in on Friday together!?
Old 11-30-2016, 2:24 PM

Just got an automated call from the SO - the ONLINE RE-Newel I did on Thanks Giving day - is Ready for pick up

"Congratulations! Your application to renew your Concealed-Carry Weapon license has been approved.

Please come to the Sheriff’s Office to pick-up your CCW License on Thursdays and Fridays from 8:00am-2:00pm, no appointment necessary.. License delivery typically takes about 10 minutes. You will be able to take your new CCW license with you by the end of the appointment.

Please bring with you either a valid CA Driver's License or government-issued photo identification. Your CCW license cannot be issued unless you have proper identification.

NOTE: If you are renewing early, be advised that the date of expiration on your newly renewed permit will be 2 years from date of issue/pick-up. You will need to surrender your previous permit."

Wow, That was faster that any year before. Actually, so fast that the bottom line got me to call - My permit is not actually up until the end of Jan - but as in years past - it took a few weeks and with the Christmas Holiday - well you see.

I asked and they said - just wait till Jan and come it... NO issue with them - The Day I pick it up WILL BE THE DATE ON THE CCW - good for 2 years...

History is a myth that men agree to believe.
Napoleon
Old 11-30-2016, 2:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm curious to know if it's printed though???
I don't want to take the day off work and then not even be able to pick upo my shiny new permit.
Old 11-30-2016, 2:54 PM

Quote:
I don't want to take the day off work and then not even be able to pick upo my shiny new permit.
If they don't date it until you pick it up, they must not be printing it ahead of time.
Old 11-30-2016, 2:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
If they don't date it until you pick it up, they must not be printing it ahead of time.
Sounds good to me. Sheesh, I wonder how many people will be at the office during the first Friday
Old 11-30-2016, 3:43 PM

I won't be able to make it this Friday so it will be next Friday for me.
Old 11-30-2016, 3:48 PM

Quote:
I would guess you walk in, they hand you, your new permit + I paid all my fees on line, others may not be able to pay on line or upload all paperwork... that's what I think the 10 min are for.. but to answer your question,,, I am guessing

Napoleon
Old 11-30-2016, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slixxster View Post
I won't be able to make it this Friday so it will be next Friday for me.
Pick up (for re-newel at least) is THURSDAY or FRIDAY between 0800 and 2pm

Read my copied email from the SO in post #607

Napoleon
Old 12-04-2016, 1:37 PM

I'm going to apply for my CCW in the next couple of weeks after I pick up my g26. Any special things I should know about?
Old 12-04-2016, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_yz125 View Post
I'm going to apply for my CCW in the next couple of weeks after I pick up my g26. Any special things I should know about?
If I understand you, you have NOT applied nor have an appointment? IF so, Go on line right now and start your app - NO gun is needed and I am not sure how the on line is working for NEW people but You will have a LONG wait to get to your live scan and that -

Here is the link... do it TODAY

https://stanislausca.permitium.com/ccw/start

Napoleon
Old 12-04-2016, 1:50 PM

Let us know how the Online app works for NEW people

Napoleon
Old 12-04-2016, 1:52 PM

I will. I'm waiting to pick up my G26 and then I'll be using the new online app. I've been waiting for about 2 months for this new system to start so I can apply
Old 12-04-2016, 1:52 PM

Where do you recommend to take the class?
Old 12-04-2016, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley66 View Post
If I understand you, you have NOT applied nor have an appointment? IF so, Go on line right now and start your app - NO gun is needed and I am not sure how the on line is working for NEW people but You will have a LONG wait to get to your live scan and that -

Here is the link... do it TODAY

https://stanislausca.permitium.com/ccw/start

I didn't see this post, I will start it now. I didn't know if I needed the serial number to do it
Old 12-04-2016, 2:22 PM

Quote:
I didn't see this post, I will start it now. I didn't know if I needed the serial number to do it
I worked in Records for two years as a Senior Vol - I did live scans.. During that time, to get your live scan app, You did NOT need any gun or training info just to get your app for live scan and start fees... its ONLY after your approved that you will need to show that info... does not mean you have to wait,,, they just did not ask for it...

Be sure to let us know how easy / hard it was to do the ON LINE

Napoleon
Old 12-04-2016, 2:30 PM

Quote:
I worked in Records for two years as a Senior Vol - I did live scans.. During that time, to get your live scan app, You did NOT need any gun or training info just to get your app for live scan and start fees... its ONLY after your approved that you will need to show that info... does not mean you have to wait,,, they just did not ask for it...

Be sure to let us know how easy / hard it was to do the ON LINE
Thank you for the info! As soon as I get home I will let you know how the new online app works out
Old 12-04-2016, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the info! As soon as I get home I will let you know how the new online app works out
I did my re-newel with the on line app - went very smooth,,, allowed me to Upload my training, photo id and did on line payment.. worked very well.

Somewhere in your New app - it will have you go forward and pick a date for live scan?? good luck

Napoleon
Old 12-04-2016, 3:04 PM

Thank you. I'll report back after it's all done
Old 12-04-2016, 5:10 PM

Just applied online using the new app. It's really simple, and pretty fast. First appointment available was July 10, 2017. Gonna be a long wait.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:33 PM

Should I sign up for a CCW course now? Will it still be valid for when I go for my interview? Should I book a spot in July of 2017? Or should I just wait till they tell me to take the class? Thanks for the input
Old 12-06-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Should I sign up for a CCW course now? Will it still be valid for when I go for my interview? Should I book a spot in July of 2017? Or should I just wait till they tell me to take the class? Thanks for the input
If you read the 'rules' the date of the course has to be within a certain number of months of when the CCW is Typed out... at this moment I am not sure but its only a few months... Even when your get your live scan - it could still take months to get the ccw... I would wait till at Least I got the live scan...

Napoleon
Old 12-06-2016, 12:46 PM

When I got mine I believe it was the class had to be within 3 months of issuing the CCW I took the class almost a month before my appointment and I almost had to retake the class so I would wait as long as you can.
Maybe like take the class a month after your appointment you should be ok. I'm about ready for my renewal and I have a completely different dilemma.
I think a renewal is faster but I'm not sure I'm planning on taking my class A few weeks before my appointment.

EZ
Old 12-06-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
My tip is this: wait for your telephone interview phone call. As soon as you get that, get scheduled for a CCW class. The interview phone call doesn't happen until your background check comes back from the California DoJ, which is one of the main hold-ups. After your telephone interview, you are nearly done with the process.

In the past, it can easily take 6 months from your appointment to the DoJ approval and all the other steps that follow.

Note: your telephone interview is not the same as your LiveScan appointment. That LiveScan appointment is really what starts the ball rolling. The LiveScan is not an interview. They just collect stuff from you (much less stuff now that you submit most of it online).

The only exception to this advice is if you have some sketchy stuff on your record, which in that case you would be wise to wait for your approval. If you get denied, it is a waste to take a fill CCW course (vs. just taking a self-defense handgun class).

Last edited by Jason95357; 12-06-2016 at 12:59 PM..
Old 12-06-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Found something,,,, If I were you, I would call and verify this is still good or was it changed?

The gun safety course shall be taken within 6 months of the notification of tentative approval and the original course certificate(s) delivered to the Sheriff’s Department. A copy of the CCW safety course certificate shall be uploaded to the CCW order tracker system to be added to the applicant’s file. In the event the course has not been taken within the 6 months of the approval date, the application process background check will need to be started as a new applicant.

Napoleon
Old 12-06-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2b View Post
When I got mine I believe it was the class had to be within 3 months of issuing the CCW I took the class almost a month before my appointment and I almost had to retake the class so I would wait as long as you can.
Maybe like take the class a month after your appointment you should be ok. I'm about ready for my renewal and I have a completely different dilemma.
I think a renewal is faster but I'm not sure I'm planning on taking my class A few weeks before my appointment.

EZ
The Stanislaus Sheriff policy is 6 months, not 3.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:

EZ
I had my class done and all paperwork at the ready - Re-Newed on line and got a call a few days later to pick it up..

Napoleon
Old 12-06-2016, 12:53 PM

I do believe it's changed I think it's 3 months now because I remember I was panicking because I was almost three months and two days and they gave it to me.

EZ
Old 12-06-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
The Stanislaus Sheriff policy is 6 months, not 3.
Okay I was wrong. I could swear it was 3 months

EZ
Old 12-06-2016, 12:58 PM

just called -- Its 6 months.. but do NOT take my word... call your self = just offering help =

Napoleon
Old 12-06-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I had my class done and all paperwork at the ready - Re-Newed on line and got a call a few days later to pick it up..
Okay I guess I'm a little confused now that we can apply online do we really need appointments. my appointment is at the end of January so I should take my class ASAP and do the online app then what?

EZ
Old 12-06-2016, 1:05 PM

because of the overlap of Online and people like you who have appoitments - I would suggest you do NOT take advice from us here, lol - call 525-7117 = ask for a ccw person and talk to them - do what they say... if you go on line now, you will have to pick a date WAY out in the future.... Call them, then come back here and tell us what they said - my help others...

In going back and re reading your post... IF you have a renewal appointment, you can do it all on line... I had my appointment Dec 1, I did it on line Thanks Giving day and the very next week, I got a call - come get it... Holly crap.. Back when I made that Dec 1 appointment, It usually took several weeks to get the new CCW - My ccw is good till Jan 28, 2017 = IF I go get it today, it will move my renewal date to two years from the day I pick it up. I called with this info/question - was told just to wait till the end of Jan and come and pick it up - NO Issue with them, it will just sit in the 'pick up file' till I get it.. So, I am waiting..

Do what you want... again, just passing on what I did and what I learned

Napoleon

Last edited by harley66; 12-06-2016 at 1:09 PM..
Old 12-06-2016, 1:13 PM

Thanks Harley great info I will call also though.
My current CCW expires in March so I might just wait a little bit to pick it up I will keep everybody posted on my progress thanks again Harley

EZ
Old 12-06-2016, 1:23 PM

Thank you guys for all the input! I will call them and ask them and see what they say.
Old 12-06-2016, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks Harley great info I will call also though.
My current CCW expires in March so I might just wait a little bit to pick it up I will keep everybody posted on my progress thanks again Harley

EZ

Ya, if its not due till March - I would wait til Feb to do it on line... and do your class in maybe feb or jan at earliest.

Whats good about doing it all on line... you scan and upload your training, and all info needed - use your CC or bank account for payment and its done,,, NO need to go to the office until they call you - they print your ccw the day you pick it up, that when the new date gets on there...

Napoleon
Old 12-06-2016, 1:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Ya, if its not due till March - I would wait til Feb to do it on line... and do your class in maybe feb or jan at earliest.

Whats good about doing it all on line... you scan and upload your training, and all info needed - use your CC or bank account for payment and its done,,, NO need to go to the office until they call you - they print your ccw the day you pick it up, that when the new date gets on there...
I would wait about 3 months after your appt to do your training.