Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 05-18-2011, 10:37 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Anyone with questions about Real Estate, feel free to thread jack and ask away.
Old 06-04-2011, 6:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wompinblazer View Post
I work for a competitor, and I have to put in my .02. This dude's company is legit, and they really do pump their agents up for success. To start out in the business, in a market like this, for a company like that, you couldnt go wrong. If you are thinking about getting your license, or are looking to transfer over to a new company, I highly, highly recommend contacting him.
I agree! I work in Northern California but proper training is key! If your interested in real estate in the LA area I have been reading Andrews post and he know what he is talking about. You want a company that stands behind you and watches your back.

Free Bump post
pcatania@golyon.com
www.KarenAndPaul.com
Old 06-04-2011, 6:27 AM

I wanted to do this I went and bought the books but it was all another language to me
Old 06-04-2011, 9:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewMendez View Post
Thanks. 10 acres for 1000 bucks. Wow, what's wrong with the land?
It's in West Texas
Old 06-06-2011, 12:01 AM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigster View Post
I agree! I work in Northern California but proper training is key! If your interested in real estate in the LA area I have been reading Andrews post and he know what he is talking about. You want a company that stands behind you and watches your back.

Free Bump post
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBDesigns View Post
I wanted to do this I went and bought the books but it was all another language to me
haha, it kinda is a pain in the butt, but its not unbearable. Abbreviations are what really kill me.
Old 06-07-2011, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Howdy,
I am a Realtor for the second largest Real Estate company in the US (PM me for name), in La Verne (91750), and our office is looking to expand. The company offers a ton of incentives, extremely generous splits, profit sharing and caps on how much you pay to the company per year, and great training (after initial training, you have the option of going to training programs almost every day of the week, or repeat initial training).
To top it off the office manager is not only pro gun, but an avid hunter!
The online Real Estate license classes are only 99 bucks right now, thru a few vendors.
If you are not local, I would still love to help you out, and guide you thru the process, as I already have with several other calgunners.

Thank you,
Andrew Mendez
Hello Andrew,

I am currently thinking about returning to real estate. Unfortunately I am not in your area, instead I am in the Sacramento area. I would appreciate any guidance you could spare.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2011, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Thank you.

haha, it kinda is a pain in the butt, but its not unbearable. Abbreviations are what really kill me.
Yeah I can't follow off books I need someone there to tell me and show me.
Old 06-28-2011, 2:53 PM
Veteran Member

My realtor just sent me a listing for a house that was 275k yesterda and today it dropped to 199k. Is there a tool or way to find houses that drop like this. Like a house that drops X% in X amount of time?

www.appleseedinfo.org

"Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Old 07-01-2011, 1:45 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinc View Post
My realtor just sent me a listing for a house that was 275k yesterda and today it dropped to 199k. Is there a tool or way to find houses that drop like this. Like a house that drops X% in X amount of time?
I only see 2 instances when houses drop that much.
1.) The people already have the house paid off, and their motivation to leave is higher then the need for the money they would get.

2.) (most likely) The real estate agent who listed the property, was ok with whatever number the home owner of the house came up with, as to what they wanted their house to sell for. Any time you buy a house, the real estate agent needs to provided a CMA. Its a market anaysis, and you compare like properties in the general area.
In rural areas, it can be several miles, however, in urban area, you rarely go more then half of mile for comparable properties.

So to answer your question. Off the top of my head, no, there is no item that traces drops like that, but you shouldn't ever buy a house without doing the comps. I can almost guarantee, that the number the house dropped to was probably still higher then what is selling in the area.

Andrew
Old 07-05-2011, 3:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I only see 2 instances when houses drop that much.
1.) The people already have the house paid off, and their motivation to leave is higher then the need for the money they would get.

2.) (most likely) The real estate agent who listed the property, was ok with whatever number the home owner of the house came up with, as to what they wanted their house to sell for. Any time you buy a house, the real estate agent needs to provided a CMA. Its a market anaysis, and you compare like properties in the general area.
In rural areas, it can be several miles, however, in urban area, you rarely go more then half of mile for comparable properties.

So to answer your question. Off the top of my head, no, there is no item that traces drops like that, but you shouldn't ever buy a house without doing the comps. I can almost guarantee, that the number the house dropped to was probably still higher then what is selling in the area.

Andrew
Good info thank you for the reply!

www.appleseedinfo.org

Old 07-06-2011, 10:32 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Good info thank you for the reply!
No problem, feel free to shoot me an email, or give me a call. If I don't answer leave a message. My number can be found on the "Need a Realtor" link in my sig line.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

Im a Broker in Sacramento Valley Area. My Team is in the top 5 of sales in the 4 county region- Sac-Yolo-Placer-El Dorado. We have sold over 900 homes in the last 3 years. 95% all foreclosures. We currently have 140 homes listed from the bank- Only 70ish currently for sale. The rest going through eviction/cash for keys/trash.

If any one has questions regarding Real estate--or properties in this area..just ask ..Im here anytime: ) 916-Five Two Four- Seven Seven One Six
Old 07-14-2011, 7:16 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerB View Post
Im a Broker in Sacramento Valley Area. My Team is in the top 5 of sales in the 4 county region- Sac-Yolo-Placer-El Dorado. We have sold over 900 homes in the last 3 years. 95% all foreclosures. We currently have 140 homes listed from the bank- Only 70ish currently for sale. The rest going through eviction/cash for keys/trash.

If any one has questions regarding Real estate--or properties in this area..just ask ..Im here anytime: ) 916-Five Two Four- Seven Seven One Six
Do I hear 25% referral fees? I sent a couple up to San Jose a few months ago. Shoot me a PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 9:51 AM
Veteran Member

I'm in the wrong business.

News article on how agents/sellers/etc are ripping off banks.
"Short sale fraud plagues the housing market"

http://bit.ly/nQvhCr

www.appleseedinfo.org

Old 07-26-2011, 12:26 AM
C3 Leader

Quote:
I'm in the wrong business.

News article on how agents/sellers/etc are ripping off banks.
"Short sale fraud plagues the housing market"

http://bit.ly/nQvhCr
The banks I am sure check title after, and, well, so does Escrow and Title. I am sure someone doing this, could not get away with doing this for a very long time.

I don't get how someone wouldn't catch a home from Malibu to mistakenly be in Riverside though. As I stated earlier, that is something Title does. This article sounds like its missing information. Not to mention, short sales are always, long and drawn out.

Last edited by AndrewMendez; 07-26-2011 at 12:28 AM..
Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Do I hear 25% referral fees? I sent a couple up to San Jose a few months ago. Shoot me a PM.
I'll give you the 25% referral fee. I have sold in the San Jose area before (don't chop down that tree in your backyard...the city has a tree ordinance) and have MLS access. I'm in the bay area and our brokerage have bought and sold over 400 properties last year, with the majority of them being foreclosed homes. I work primarily with investors and we have been acquiring our properties at the Alameda & Contra Costa county courthouse steps. We purchase anywhere from 2-8 properties in one day, 12-15 properties in a week. Our investors experience an ROI of 7%-49% (at one point, 92% ROI when we had the tax credit), depending on the location of the investment property. We have, at least, 50 properties that are currently either listed on our MLS or is in the process of renovation and being prepped for the retail market. We are also a property management company based out of Oakland, CA since 1978 (Oakland is a pretty tough place to manage properties). We have acquired 3 4-unit dwellings in Oakland & San Leandro last week. For the first time, since I have been in the business in 2000, long term investors are seeing positive cash flow. Unheard of back in 2007. Feel free to PM if you have investors that wants to purchase wholesale, or if you have retail buyers that just wants a home in San Francisco Bay Area.
Old 08-09-2011, 9:55 AM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgcruizer View Post
I'll give you the 25% referral fee. I have sold in the San Jose area before (don't chop down that tree in your backyard...the city has a tree ordinance) and have MLS access. I'm in the bay area and our brokerage have bought and sold over 400 properties last year, with the majority of them being foreclosed homes. I work primarily with investors and we have been acquiring our properties at the Alameda & Contra Costa county courthouse steps. We purchase anywhere from 2-8 properties in one day, 12-15 properties in a week. Our investors experience an ROI of 7%-49% (at one point, 92% ROI when we had the tax credit), depending on the location of the investment property. We have, at least, 50 properties that are currently either listed on our MLS or is in the process of renovation and being prepped for the retail market. We are also a property management company based out of Oakland, CA since 1978 (Oakland is a pretty tough place to manage properties). We have acquired 3 4-unit dwellings in Oakland & San Leandro last week. For the first time, since I have been in the business in 2000, long term investors are seeing positive cash flow. Unheard of back in 2007. Feel free to PM if you have investors that wants to purchase wholesale, or if you have retail buyers that just wants a home in San Francisco Bay Area.
Sounds good. That's a lot of transactions. I get about half investors and half families for sales, but I do try and stick to the listing side of Real Estate. They are harder to get, but easier on the family schedule, oh, and no gas and driving around.
Old 08-09-2011, 3:50 PM

how many sales a year does a new agent expect?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:35 AM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11b_vet View Post
how many sales a year does a new agent expect?
responded via PM. The average agent nationwide does 6 transactions a year.