Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM

Default 'Do not do business with" thread..

I was wondering if there should be a consolidated, stickied thread of businesses that do not support California gun owners.

Aimsurplus for example will not ship stripped lowers to California. People should have a quick and easy place to see who supports Californians and who does not.
Old 05-03-2013, 2:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraxian View Post
I was wondering if there should be a consolidated, stickied thread of businesses that do not support California gun owners.

Aimsurplus for example will not ship stripped lowers to California. People should have a quick and easy place to see who supports Californians and who does not.
who are you? Nice first post, I can't wait to see #2. I get stuff @ aimsurplus if the price is right.. they are not CTD. ***** about Primary Arms if you want, no mag kits.

1A-2A = -1A
Old 05-03-2013, 2:12 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
People should have a quick and easy place to see who supports Californians and who does not.

"Support" is nebulous, and the list would have to be updated. Thanks for volunteering.
Old 05-03-2013, 2:12 PM
Veteran Member

now tell us your original calguns nickname so we know who you really are......
Old 05-03-2013, 5:57 PM

I will be happy to keep this list updated!

I am new to Calguns, I do not have an "original" name BTW.

My name is Dave, I live in Ventura county, California.

1) Aimsurplus will not ship perfectly legal lowers to California. I consider this "not supporting" my second amendment rights. I will not do business with them.

2) Bud's will not install Bullet-Buttons to make their offering California legal. This is a grey area to me. I won't boycott them just for this, but I do think that taking 5 minutes and charging me 50 bucks to install a bullet button seems like a good deal for THEM.

3) Cheaper than Dirt will not ship lowers to California. I will not do business with them.

I will update this thread every time I find a company that will not support Californians second amendment rights due to laziness or ignorance. If any of the companies change their policies, I will gladly do business with them.

I don't think we should support companies that don't support us even if they have GOOD DEALS sometimes. To me it is just a matter of principal.
Old 05-03-2013, 6:43 PM

I spoke to a guy today on Gun Broker re: a Glock 23. Listng stated he wouldn't ship to CA so I called just to confirm or to see if there was any wiggle room.

He explained that when CA ATF told him he had to request permission to ship a gun to Cali he said F&&& That!

I don't blame him.
Old 05-03-2013, 7:09 PM

While I almost always support the local guy, if they are out of stock...I also like a non local company that supports my rights by shipping to me and that is who I choose to do business with.
Old 05-03-2013, 9:44 PM

sportsmansguide also will not ship LOTS OF THINGS to CA.......thats why I stopped ordering from this company. Hope this will help too.

Life is just like a penis: Simple, relaxed and hanging freely. It's the woman that make it hard.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 PM

lol this thread.

Aim surplus is the bad guy? I guess you've never ordered a crate of moist nuggets from them...

CTD has never been good, nor cheap.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Whatever
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Do not do business with:

Anthraxian.

Nice 1st and 2nd post. Haters don't last here.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 PM

I ve had several firearms shipped directly to my door from aimsurplus. Great company.
"Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
"Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

1) Aimsurplus will not ship perfectly legal lowers to California. I consider this "not supporting" my second amendment rights. I will not do business with them.

2) Bud's will not install Bullet-Buttons to make their offering California legal. This is a grey area to me. I won't boycott them just for this, but I do think that taking 5 minutes and charging me 50 bucks to install a bullet button seems like a good deal for THEM.

3) Cheaper than Dirt will not ship lowers to California. I will not do business with them.

I will update this thread every time I find a company that will not support Californians second amendment rights due to laziness or ignorance. If any of the companies change their policies, I will gladly do business with them.

I don't think we should support companies that don't support us even if they have GOOD DEALS sometimes. To me it is just a matter of principal.

your first and second post is bi***ing about places that will not go out of their way to coddle California.........guess what CA has some terrible laws, other places don't want those laws spreading so they cut us off. a out of state FFL has to register with the DOJ in order to ship a firearm into CA, manufacturers have to submit their handguns to be tested for safety. i understand why places don't want to jump through hoops for us when we were the ones who let it get like this. welcome to the real world.

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns
Old 05-03-2013, 11:37 PM

the guy is entitled to his opinion, why is everyone jumping on him?

welcome to calguns!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:20 AM

The problem is with the California politicians who make the laws that make it such a pain to do business with us.

Californians vote these people in. Why should businesses kowtow to our collective stupidity?
Old 05-04-2013, 12:44 AM

I bought a Mosin from AIM and I enjoyed the transaction. Will do business with them again. Now Palmetto on the other hand......never again.

I think you see where this is going.

Deciding about who you do, and do not, do business with is very subjective. A dedicated thread that contains a list would never work because it would just turn into a bunch of posts from people saying they agree or don't agree with your list.

I think most of the problem with regard to not shipping/selling to CA (AIM Surplus in this case) is not knowing what the laws are. For instance, I live in Italy right now. If I offered to buy a gun from you, would you send it to me? I guessing but I think your answer would be, "I will not ship overseas" simply because you don't what the laws are and what is involved in the transaction. Even if I said, it's easy, all you have to do is fill out a customs form, make a few minor changes to the gun to make it legal, take it to a certain person for export, etc....It's just more trouble that it's worth.

I don't mean to stand up for these people but I can understand how they don't know what our laws are and don't want to deal with it especially right now with demand so high. AIM can easily sell their lowers locally and not have to deal with this CA crap.

Blame the politicians, not the vendors.

Last edited by Yerman; 05-04-2013 at 6:16 AM..
Old 05-04-2013, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerman View Post

Blame the politicians, not the vendors.
Agreed. An effort to support the vendors against the political foes is what I believe to be worth the effort.

One nation under God

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men.”
- General George Patton Jr

In regard to Murphy's Law, my wife said she met Murphy and she doesn't like him!
Old 05-04-2013, 6:58 AM
Banned

Blame the vendor. When was the last time anyone heard of the California DOJ going after a vendor in another state.

Can anyone on this forum give one example of the California DOJ going after an out of state vendor.

I just purchased an HK45c and went through several vendors until I found one willing to ship to CA. If a vendor were to ship a non-CA compliant gun to California all that would happen is the receiving store send it to the DOJ and you never see it again. That came directly from a gun store owner. He got pissed at me for wanting to ship a lower to his store. He basically said, he wouldn't accept it and would turn it into the DOJ.

You guys are defending vendors. Let's see what going to happen to prices when more and more vendors decide not to ship to CA.

I know several local gun stores don't like the Idea of Single Shot Exemptions because it means less sales for them.

****As a independent company an vendor has the right to do whatever they want, but why would you support them if in the end they don't support you****

Last edited by Windex; 05-04-2013 at 7:04 AM..
Old 05-04-2013, 8:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinoro2007 View Post
I can't wait to see #2.
haha, you said #2
cuz poop is funny

If I didn't have this gun the King of England could just come in here and start pushing you around. Do you want that, well do ya? - Homer Simpson
Old 05-04-2013, 9:00 AM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:

Welcome anthraxian.

Join us local Ventura County calgunners at the CGSSA monthly meet hosted by Island View Ent in Ventura, last Friday of every month! Also, a cleanup @ Glass Factory near Santa Barbara happening next weekend 05-11.

You're going to find it a bear to produce and upkeep a list like this. My sincere recommendation; Let it go.

...but if you're dead set on it, you absolutely must define the criteria better than "not supportive of our 2a rights" and only list those that match you're predefined, well thought out criteria.

An example:

Criteria #1 - Will not ship AR15 type stripped lower receivers.

So for this example, according to you, aimsurplus would make it on your list. In doing so, you're going to piss off all the C&R lovers who get their fix from that company. So is aimsurplus really unsupportive overall or only in a specific area? If you go after companies for not supporting one specific area, you're list will never end and it would be easier to list those companies who DO qualify under you're criteria.

Anyways, cheers and good luck.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:00 PM

I like the idea of having a list of gun/gun accessory websites, although I would seriously rather see them listed in a ranking order more based on something like availability, low prices, shipping, and customer service. Of course, it wouldn't be fair to take into account any kind of support/donations to calguns. Then businesses could just buy their rank.

Just a list based on the calgunners experience, there are tons of businesses out there and I'm sure some of you have found some that google doesn't throw on the 1st search results page.

Wants:
Remington M700, M1 Garand, AK-47, Build an AR
-------
NRA Member
Registered Voter
Old 05-04-2013, 5:18 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I have purchased several firearms from AIM and never had a problem.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 05-04-2013, 10:33 PM

get an 80% percent lower no company will refuse to ship, if you need info were to get de-milled PM me
Old 05-04-2013, 10:35 PM

I deal with Riflegear to get my lowers, deal with local dealers only or tactical machining for 80%
Old 05-05-2013, 1:04 AM

IMHO, it's the vendors right to deal with our State's crazy laws or not. I still buy merchandise from mail order companies if they have something I'm looking for at the right price. If they have something that they won't sell due to my current home in CA, so be it. I'll just find another vendor online or in person.

I think we should focus on voting out the gun grabbers, donate to CGF, NRA, SAF, GOA and other pro 2A groups who will fight the hard legal battles in our courts at all levels of government.

If you still want to boycott a company, boycott the anti 2A supporters like Kenneth Cole, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, Levi's, Sara Lee, Hallmark Cards, Time-Warner, Sprint and many others found here.

http://www.gunowners.org/fs0302.htm

Resident CCW: Enhanced ID
Non Resident CCW: AZ, FL, NV, OR, & UT
Old 05-05-2013, 9:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenax View Post
If you still want to boycott a company, boycott the anti 2A supporters like Kenneth Cole, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, Levi's, Sara Lee, Hallmark Cards, Time-Warner, Sprint and many others found here.

http://www.gunowners.org/fs0302.htm
Surprised to see Levi Straus...

How up-to-date is this list?? ..for God's sake Blue Chip Stamps is listed on there!!

IMHO, I think they should change the Hollywood list to those that support the 2A. Start w/ the assumption that all of Hollywood is against and these are the few brave souls that support it

Funny, many on there are in action movies with tons of gun violence. You'd think if they were truly against guns they wouldn't work on projects glorifying guns. F'n HYPOCRITES!
Old 05-05-2013, 2:31 PM

I've bought several from Buds, they stock guns that have BB's already installed and ship to Ca. An ffl can't just install parts on guns and sell them, ie bullet buttons.
Old 05-05-2013, 3:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDave View Post
haha, you said #2
cuz poop is funny

hahah post #2.

1A-2A = -1A
Old 05-05-2013, 3:47 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post

I know several local gun stores don't like the Idea of Single Shot Exemptions because it means less sales for them.

how wold it be less sales if they can't sell the gun anyway?... are you saying they already have an SSE gun in stock and don't like bringing one in from out of state? Otherwise, how are they losing a sale?

In most cases an FFL makes more money on SSE and transfer than they would from selling a gun (they don't have a huge margin)... of course most LGS don't do SSE - so I understand why they don't like it (but that's how competition works).
Old 05-05-2013, 3:51 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickw226 View Post
I've bought several from Buds, they stock guns that have BB's already installed and ship to Ca. An ffl can't just install parts on guns and sell them, ie bullet buttons.
yes they can.
Old 05-05-2013, 5:56 PM
In Memoriam

^^ Doesn't it depend on the type of FFL? or can they all accept "assault weapons" and convert them?
Old 05-05-2013, 6:01 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon04GT View Post
^^ Doesn't it depend on the type of FFL? or can they all accept "assault weapons" and convert them?
the receiving FFL isn't doing the selling... they just facilitate the transfer and run DROS...

I presumed he meant the selling party (the shipping side)... they can obviously instal a BB (although some won't take the 3 minutes to do it).

As for receiving end... if the shipper will pull the grip, then its gtg - but if they take the time to do that, they might as well install a BB.

I might have misunderstood what patrickw226 meant - but the way he wrote it seems he meant the shipping end (the seller).
Old 05-05-2013, 7:01 PM

Lots of good transactions with AIM.
Ctd and sportsmans guide, f-em,
762ch. Will someone teach this guy how to size a pic for christsakes!!!
He's f***** up my tablet screen ;-)

Last edited by manny; 05-05-2013 at 7:04 PM..
Old 05-05-2013, 8:30 PM
Veteran Member

I won't buy anything from CTD because their prices suck, not because of their policies.

As for AIM, I have bought from them before and will continue to.

I don't really care about who will and will not ship lowers to CA, I buy lowers locally when I need them.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Calguns Addict

For one, buy locally to support the local businesses.

For two, boycotting them doesn't help out our situation one bit.

For three, write to your senators and congress people every day.

Be productive. Be part of the fight.
Old 05-06-2013, 5:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
your first and second post is bi***ing about places that will not go out of their way to coddle California.........guess what CA has some terrible laws, other places don't want those laws spreading so they cut us off. a out of state FFL has to register with the DOJ in order to ship a firearm into CA, manufacturers have to submit their handguns to be tested for safety. i understand why places don't want to jump through hoops for us when we were the ones who let it get like this. welcome to the real world.
↑ Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by philobeddoe View Post
the guy is entitled to his opinion, why is everyone jumping on him?
Because we are entitled to our opinions too?