Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 3:52 PM

Default Seeking Gun Club & Ranges info

Yo fellow Calgunners in the greater Sac Area, I am seeking info about the different gun clubs, gun organizations, and shooting ranges in our greater sac area.

Could you guys and gals help, even if the info is obvious post it.
If you have a web link, email contact person, phone number, etc.

I know of course about Sac Valley Shooting Center & the Folsom Shooting Center.
-There is the Sacramento Firearms Education Safety Council club, operating out of CSC.

I am familiar with Cordova Shooting Center Range, (but am NOT familiar if they have any shooting clubs there?

I have never been but know of The Gun Range indoor range in N.Highlands.

I know there are many shooting clubs, or organizations in the area, so your help is appreciated.
Old 04-03-2013, 5:27 PM

YSA - Yolo Sportsmen's Association
http://yolo.net/sportsmen/

They're located off Rt. 113 (Davis, CA), really nice place and super reasonable prices. I've met several Calguns people out there.
Old 04-03-2013, 5:49 PM
Calguns Addict

I just posted this in the Sac forum. Might be helpful.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...0#post10995000
Old 04-03-2013, 6:46 PM
Calguns Addict

OP, if you are in the Roseville area, I am huge fan of the Lincoln Rifle Club and the Dillman Range just outside downtown Lincoln. The range is nicely kept and very safe. No ammo sales there so make sure you bring enough. They also have great programs and courses that are well priced if you are a member.
2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)
Old 04-03-2013, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Setter View Post
OP, if you are in the Roseville area, I am huge fan of the Lincoln Rifle Club and the Dillman Range just outside downtown Lincoln. The range is nicely kept and very safe. No ammo sales there so make sure you bring enough. They also have great programs and courses that are well priced if you are a member.
Thanks for the info Jet Setter, actually I try to shoot there a couple of times a month. In fact I dropped off my Lincoln Gun Club membership last week and will be attending the club meeting tomorrow night.

Maybe we can meet there sometime.

ElDub1950 thanks for the trouble to google map and mark the map.

Remember I need gun club info too, like the yolo info provided by softreset.

Thanks... it is part of the 2A effort we are trying to put together
Old 04-03-2013, 8:46 PM

Let me know what the meeting is like. I've been thinking about submitting a membership form, but haven't heard enough about the club and activities to pull the trigger. Love the range and the gun exchange down the road which got me thinking about joining.
Old 04-03-2013, 9:02 PM

I have found that I really like the Auburn Trap Club. They offer both Trap & 5-Stand at fair prices. The range is nice and run by club members (volunteers), who are more than happy to help both new & experienced shooters. They support & sponsor Trap Shooting teams (JRHS , HS, & adult) and a number of shoots. They have a few rental guns, offer free lessons, & sell shells.
If you like or want to try shooting trap or 5-stand, check them out.
http://www.auburntrapclub.com
Old 04-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterwhite View Post
Thanks for the info Jet Setter, actually I try to shoot there a couple of times a month. In fact I dropped off my Lincoln Gun Club membership last week and will be attending the club meeting tomorrow night.

Maybe we can meet there sometime.
I don't get out as much anymore. I am usually there at least every other week, during the non-weekend days. Let me know if you are ever out there.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutter View Post
Let me know what the meeting is like. I've been thinking about submitting a membership form, but haven't heard enough about the club and activities to pull the trigger. Love the range and the gun exchange down the road which got me thinking about joining.
Funnily enough, I have yet to go to a meeting but know a lot of the staff/directors. I have yet to meet a member that was rude or stupid. Most of the members are old-timers. But, they know their stuff and most reload. There is a wealth of information out there.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Setter View Post
Funnily enough, I have yet to go to a meeting but know a lot of the staff/directors. I have yet to meet a member that was rude or stupid. Most of the members are old-timers. But, they know their stuff and most reload. There is a wealth of information out there.
Exactly! They are very friendly, I am an old timer, semi-retired, for what I simple target practice their setup is fine. I felt very comfortable at their meeting, felt like they were my type of people. However they never have the trap going because it needs to be manned. They do have a trap club though so will find out when that is going. But if you have your own clay pigeon thrower you are allowed with permission to set up and have fun.
Old 04-07-2013, 1:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Exactly! They are very friendly, I am an old timer, semi-retired, for what I simple target practice their setup is fine. I felt very comfortable at their meeting, felt like they were my type of people. However they never have the trap going because it needs to be manned. They do have a trap club though so will find out when that is going. But if you have your own clay pigeon thrower you are allowed with permission to set up and have fun.
Check out the calendar of events. Two times a month, on Saturday and Sunday?, they do a trap shoot there. I believe it is $4 a round to shoot. I plan to do that very soon. Seems like it would be a lot of fun. I usually shoot clay there with a friend. We use hand throwers for clay. I was there Friday teaching a friend and I threw about 100 clay for him. The goal is for him to get the bug and buy a shotgun so we can do the Sunday shoot together.

Last edited by Jet Setter; 04-07-2013 at 1:18 PM..
Old 04-07-2013, 1:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
http://www.lincolnrifleclub.com/calendar-2/

There is a trap match today but it is already over. The next trap shoot is 13 April, from 0800-1200. After that, the next one is the 27th.
Old 04-07-2013, 5:10 PM

Here's a map that's being built, for as many ranges as we can find in "Sacramento and Beyond". If you know of others, please post to "MAP TO Shooting Ranges, Sac Area & Beyond" which is stickied at the top of the Sacramento Forum, instead of here. (If you post here, it may not make it to the map.)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=738334
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.