Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated > Manual Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2018, 12:12 AM

Default 458 SOCOM Bolt-Action Rifle

This rifle has a variable trigger pull of 2 to 4 lbs using a Timney Triggers 510 trigger. Magpul Industries Corp. stock, Remington Arms Company 700 short-action modified to accept the Accuracy International Ltd AICS magazine and the feed ramp modified to properly feed 458 SOCOM. Action has been trued and blueprinted to the bolt face. Speaking of the bolt, the bolt and receiver are both cerakoted. Additionally, the California compliant magazine was redesigned to only accept 7 rounds of 458SC and no other caliber. 16 inch barrel with a barrel nut, so it can be easily converted to .308 and back. Sub minute accuracy. Bull Barrel threaded (11/16x24)with muzzle break installed. Total weight: 8 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Dianne; 02-07-2018 at 1:42 AM..
Old 02-03-2018, 1:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Website?

Cost?
Old 02-03-2018, 1:43 AM

Deleted answer out of respect for the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Dianne; 02-07-2018 at 1:44 AM.. Reason: Deleted answer out of respect for the rules.
Old 02-03-2018, 6:19 PM
Veteran Member

Remember, vendors need to pay if they're going to be advertising here.

With that being said, inquiring minds want to know what is actually done to the action. Threads cut? Lugs lapped? What all else is being done? And most importantly, who makes the barrels used?

I've got a buddy who shoots 458 socom that may think this gun is cool.
my gun shoots better with shiny brass...plus not only does the shiny brass make me look like a pimp at the range if the sun catches it just right it blinds the guy next to me which improves my odds of winning the match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Full size. Stubbies are for sissies.
Old 02-06-2018, 2:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvette View Post
Remember, vendors need to pay if they're going to be advertising here.

With that being said, inquiring minds want to know what is actually done to the action. Threads cut? Lugs lapped? What all else is being done? And most importantly, who makes the barrels used?

I've got a buddy who shoots 458 socom that may think this gun is cool.

I only responded to his question on price. No disrespect intended. Answer deleted.
We’ve already shot hundreds of rounds through this one. More are being built because people like it.

Basically, our company president, who is an attorney and a former female Army MP, contacted some mechanical engineer clients of hers, offered to take some hours off their bill in exchange for working on this problem, and one of them went way above and beyond and figured out exactly what had to be done to remill the bottom of the 700 action to accept the AISC magazine, and remill the feed ramp to properly feed 458 SOCOM. Next, she went through 4 versions of the internal magazine redesign to get it to only hold for 458 SOCOM, 7 rounds in a California compliant magazine, and properly feed it to the action. Then she cut the magazine parts she still needed on our laser engraver using a special material that will probably outlast the rifle itself. That knowledge, she considers proprietary to her and she placed a patent pending on it. The end result is a magazine that will not tilt the ammunition and will not jam properly made 458 SOCOM. She managed to solve all four jam points. We use SBR Ammunition chamber gauges to check our 458SC ammunition. The barrel is made for us by Tactical Ordinance & Ammunition of St Helens Oregon, who we trust and who has made all our barrels for years, and who other companies trust. They also make high precision ball bearings for the drive section of cargo ships. We go up to their shop quite frequently and to see the rows of CNC machines and everything else they have is amazing. Like I said, we are testing not only our ammunition, made to TJ spec, but others as well. To date, that includes Underwood Ammunition and SBR Ammunition.

Last edited by Dianne; 02-07-2018 at 1:51 AM..
Old 02-14-2018, 9:33 PM

Default 458 SOCOM

Great story, killer machine- would be interesting to see where the Patent process goes/ ongoing research unfurls/ how such a project could be monetized. Keep pressing on.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Very, very cool. There is a small, niche market for 458 SOCOM, but it's there. I hope your rifle goes hot and thrives.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

"Liberty, as well as honor, man ought to preserve at the hazard of his life, for without it life is insupportable." - Miguel de Cervantes

Let your desires and emotions be ruled by reason.