Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2018, 2:50 PM

Default Need a good FFL to ship out of state

My son is up to his eyeballs in moving, etc so I thought I'd ask for him.

Is anyone familiar with a good FFL in the Sacramento area that'll ship a couple of nearly stripped AR lowers out of state? They won't have buffer tubes on them so the physical size will be small & they'll be coming to me in OR. My FFL only charges $35 to ship a full size 1911, etc but I doubt anyone in CA is that inexpensive.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2018, 5:25 PM

So your son, a California resident, is transferring stripped lowers to you, an Oregon resident? He can just put it in a UPS or FedEx express box and ship it to your FFL. doesn't need to use an FFL on his California end.

If he's keeping the lowers and happens to be moving to oregon, no ffl is required as far as I can tell, since no transfer of the firearm is occurring.
Old 12-29-2018, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califpatriot View Post
So your son, a California resident, is transferring stripped lowers to you, an Oregon resident? He can just put it in a UPS or FedEx express box and ship it to your FFL. doesn't need to use an FFL on his California end.

If he's keeping the lowers and happens to be moving to oregon, no ffl is required as far as I can tell, since no transfer of the firearm is occurring.
He's doing it via an FFL so there'll be a paper trail. All of his guns were illegally seized a few months ago & a few weeks later he was arrested & charged with 9 firearm related felonies. When everything was ironed out he was convicted of one misdemeanor & has to attend an anger management class, probably because he yelled at the Sac PD Detective who stole his guns. He gets them back but two of them were a sore spot with the prosecutor so he's getting them out of the state & back to me. They were initially in my Trust but when I gave them to him he had to register them with the DOJ and that basically removed them from the Trust. All of his guns are still in my Trust inventory but the Judge refused to acknowledge an out of state Trust.

The whole illegal seizure mess was triggered b/c a crazy girl at his step-son's high school told the Principle the step-son said he was going to shoot up the school which was complete BS. The kid is a Lt. in the ROTC & the girl had previously threatened to kill another girl. This all happened the day after the Parkland shooting so when the PD & FBI were interviewing him they asked about guns in the house. Just to add more complexity his ex has been filing false DV charges against him for nearly 9 years & a Judge FINALLY figured out what was going on, dismissed everything & told her never to file any again. One example of her false claims said he was threatening her when he was actually in Hawaii as a Military Contractor. So, with the DV charges there was a one month overlap between the time a temp restraining order was in effect & he had his guns. That's why he was quite literally yanked out of his driveway, cuffed & stuffed but never told why. It wasn't until two days later when he got in front of a Judge that he was informed of the Felony charges. His bail was set at $50k which I paid but he immediately lost his high security level IT job at a US Gov't Agency. His clearance is still active but he lost his job w/o any due process. Welcome to Kommiefornia.

So - anyone know of a good FFL in the Sac are who doesn't charge exorbitant fees?

Last edited by PDX1953; 12-29-2018 at 8:22 PM..
Old 12-29-2018, 11:14 PM

Damn! That’s F’ed up! Sorry you and your son had to deal with that.
I’ve been using LoyalArms in Folsom. He’s in Calguns and works by appointment. Maybe give him a call, his prices are reasonable for out of state transfers. Not sure about the sending part, but never hurts to ask.
Old 12-30-2018, 5:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

As allready stated, if he is shipping the lowers out of state an FFL is not needed on his end. If he wants a "paper trail" between two FFL's, we will do it for $35.00.et He will need to get the contact info for the out of state FFL.

Calaboose II
4944 Date Ave
Sacramento, Ca 95841
(916) 332-2207
Old 01-02-2019, 8:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH View Post
As allready stated, if he is shipping the lowers out of state an FFL is not needed on his end. If he wants a "paper trail" between two FFL's, we will do it for $35.00.et He will need to get the contact info for the out of state FFL.

Calaboose II
4944 Date Ave
Sacramento, Ca 95841
(916) 332-2207
Thanks. When the time comes I'll have him contact you. Am I correct that the $35 each includes shipping?

Al
Old 01-04-2019, 7:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX1953 View Post
Thanks. When the time comes I'll have him contact you. Am I correct that the $35 each includes shipping?

Al

Yes