Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 06-14-2013, 4:20 PM

Default Capital Gun Club in Roseville?

Odd that I have been perusing these forums quite addictivly the last few months, and have read nothing about this new club opening. I stumbled across it on the Google map of area ranges, and was surprised/excited to see a gun range within a half mile of my house. I even searched, and didn't see a single thread.

A look of the website looks like this place is executive style. Nice looking place, but I don't think I'm in for the prices they're going to charge. Are other private ranges in the Sacramento area this expensive?

-MP
Old 06-15-2013, 4:49 PM

Anyone have opinions or information about the club? Some inside information?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Overpriced club. Not worth it.

Better off going to the Dillman Range. Safe environment with good people.
2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)
Old 06-17-2013, 9:52 PM

Seems to granite bay for me from what I heard. For what its worth.

Latesvak
Old 06-18-2013, 6:36 AM

Checked out the web site awhile ago and thought it was $$$$ way to high , country club without beer on tap .
Old 06-18-2013, 6:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
Checked out the web site awhile ago and thought it was $$$$ way to high , country club without beer on tap .
Looks like a brothel to me. Maybe membership has it perks
Old 06-18-2013, 8:24 AM

I think the general consensus was that it was too high in price so much of the interest dissipated.

Here's a thread from last year
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=577033
Old 06-18-2013, 12:15 PM

Deleted

Last edited by snowdog650; 06-18-2013 at 12:20 PM..
Old 06-18-2013, 8:56 PM

I went in there and took a look around. Nice place, but I didn't mesh with Joe's personality too well. If I'm going to put forth that kind of money, I would like an opportunity to meet the members, and see if it is a place and clientele I would want to hang around with. He's billing it as a Country Club style. Which is great. But he has no reputation to entice me to join, just a fancy entry, and nice lanes.

Maybe if it is still open next year, I may be interested. Looks like a cool place to bring clients, but I was pretty turned off by the snobbish attitude and 1 man gate keeper.
Old 06-18-2013, 9:29 PM

From my understanding the owner of the club is also the owner of "Just Guns" off Watt Ave and Auburn. Although it is a nice club, I feel like I should be sipping cognac and puffing on a nice cigar instead of shooting my guns lol. I will stick with Sac Valley for outdoor or The Gun Range for indoor.
5.1.11 "Tonight we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger, and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice, or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush 43rd President (2001-2009)
Old 06-18-2013, 9:44 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

I would expect to have ladies approach me asking me to buy drinks and go to the VIP rooms.
Old 06-21-2013, 7:59 PM

I talked to Just guns owners and they said that no more co-ownership with Capital gun club, instead they will build their own range in the near future
Old 06-26-2013, 3:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Overpriced big time. And their site says that their $50/month memberships are sold out, crazy!

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 07-08-2013, 2:46 PM

the idea and philosophy behind this club is absolutely fantastic.
my friend grabbed a gold member ship and the way he explained it is this:
every time he went to rancho, he was worried about people grabbing his gear, shooting him, stealing. and all the above. because capital has background checks. the likelyhood of this happening is far far lower so shooting here has much more peace of mind then anywhere else he ever shot.

Courage is endurance for one moment more…
- Unknown USMC Lieutenant
Old 07-08-2013, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthetrojan View Post
every time he went to rancho, he was worried about people grabbing his gear, shooting him, stealing.
Which is why I will continue my membership at Sac Valley for 1/10th the price of Capital.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog650 View Post
Which is why I will continue my membership at Sac Valley for 1/10th the price of Capital.
oh yes! but indoors has its advantage, like AC or a roof.. from the rain. and wind.
all im saying is that you need businesses on both sides of the spectrum.

Courage is endurance for one moment more…
- Unknown USMC Lieutenant
Old 07-08-2013, 6:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Or just pay for membership to the Lincoln Rifle Club.
2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)
Old 07-08-2013, 7:20 PM

The Gun Range on Watt ave, nice environment ,great people. Indoor range and can use rifles up to 50. Only a 25 yard range but $17 for a lane and lots of room on weekdays.
Well worth the try.
Old 07-08-2013, 7:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester3 View Post
The Gun Range on Watt ave, nice environment ,great people. Indoor range and can use rifles up to 50. Only a 25 yard range but $17 for a lane and lots of room on weekdays.
Well worth the try.
Sac Valley is only $14 for non-members and has a 300 yard public range. They let you pickup your brass too unlike The Gun Range.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 11-22-2013, 7:10 AM

Default DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

I have had THE WORST experience with this place. Bought my first pistol, FIRST PISTOL!! a Sig P220 from the owner, JOE DEASER through guns america online. It's now been 7 months and he has not delivered the pistol and never issued a refund. Ive sent him over 40 emails which he replied to some of swearing he would "send the check next week" or "call me in the AM" which he never once called and never mailed a check. IN FACT, the last reply i got from him was:

"You may find this hard to believe but there are other things going on in the world. I really do think your a cool guy and I will send you a check next week but I am in DC dealing with much bigger issues than this."

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY? That reply was after 7 months of my $950 dollar purchase never being delivered. I have been more that patient and this is the response I get once I begin to get adamant that he send me my damn gun or give me a refund?? JOE DEASER is arrogant and dishonest. Please dont give him your business. Thanks and have a good day.
Old 11-22-2013, 1:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Call the police and file charges. Call the postal inspector too if you sent a check through the mail. Mail fraud is no laughing matter.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Old 12-09-2013, 4:41 PM

yeah call atf and USPS as in mail fraud also file claim at guns america, I ahd to do that on gun broker when MO was cashed and no rifle.