Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 05-11-2017, 6:40 PM

Default Help please -- need photo of flag at half staff May 12th

Can somebody kindly do me a favor? I need someone to snap a photo for me. I've just learned that my friend's dad who passed yesterday, MajGen J. A. Studds (Ret.), rates having the flags flown at half staff at all US Marine Corps installations worldwide for two days. He was a great man and great Marine. If you were at MCRD San Diego in the early 1990s, he was likely your Commanding General.

Unfortunately, the family does not currently live near any USMC bases. I am on duty at work until Sunday, I can't leave work and will miss it. Would any of you near Camp Pendleton, MCAS Miramar or MCRD San Diego (or any base worldwide?), please check tomorrow, Friday, May 12? If the flags are still at half, can someone snap a photo for us? We would be very grateful.
Old 05-12-2017, 9:27 AM

Bump
Old 05-12-2017, 1:20 PM

Sorry to report but, my girlfriend works on base CPEN, near the Wounded Warriors Battalion and she says the flag flying there is at the top of the staff.
Old 05-12-2017, 2:42 PM

Thank you so much for checking!!!

I am receiving intel right now that is the case on another installation as well. Also, another CalGunner suggested that the order may not come into effect until the day of his funeral. I'm not sure how they handle these things for 2-stars; but, I spoke to the family last night and they seemed under the impression that it was yesterday and today.

I am grateful to you and your girlfriend for letting us know.