Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-21-2013, 12:13 PM

Question San Joaquin County sherriff candidates...

Are any of them 2nd amendment supporters??
(just saw a campaign sign, don't even know when the next election is!)
Old 08-21-2013, 1:55 PM

Withrow talks the talk like he is. At this point, he couldn't be any worse than Moore.
Old 08-21-2013, 2:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob View Post
Withrow talks the talk like he is. At this point, he couldn't be any worse than Moore.
Steve Moore needs to be voted out.
Old 08-21-2013, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDK View Post
Steve Moore needs to be voted out.
Wholeheartedly agree. I can't understand how he got re-elected the last time. You figure people would be sick of what the area has become and try to institute some more 'change'.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:49 AM

I emailed withrow a few weeks ago this was his reply

Quote:
****Thank you for your question and your support. To answer your question*I believe that all persons who have no mental issues and a clean criminal history and the physical ability to operate a firearm safely should have equal access to a C.C.W. There is a reason that laws have been enacted for private citizens to carry weapons legally and I feel that personal protection is good cause for issuing a C.C.W. Its time we take back our county.
Thanks again!
Old 08-26-2013, 8:52 PM

Sgt. Pat Withrow was at the Madison Society Foundation meeting in Riverbank tonite. He appears very pro-armed citizens and CCW. To the point that he said he'd like to open the SO range to allow citizens to come and shoot there. He said he'd like to facilitate awareness with Deputies and citizens as to how to transition from scenarios where a legal gun owner (CCW or not) is detaining someone, waiting for the LEOs to arrive, and how to transition to the LEOs taking over - without the legal gun owner ending up facedown in the dirt, etc.

He was invited to, but did not go so far as to sign the Madison Society Foundation's pledge supporting CCWs for a Good Cause of "Personal Defense". This is the pledge/position that Stanislaus County Sheriff (then candidate) Adam Christianson agreed to and has held to since being elected in 2010:

I would encourage all San Joaquin Co. residents to promote the Madison Society Foundation's pledge and ask the candidates to sign it.

Here is the pledge. There is no reason why Sgt. Pat Withrow should not be willing to sign it if he is as pro-CCW as he claims:
http://www.madison-society.org/pdfs/...20100413-1.pdf

Last edited by Jason95357; 08-26-2013 at 9:07 PM.. Reason: added date of Christianson's election
Old 09-04-2013, 9:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason95357 View Post
Sgt. Pat Withrow was at the Madison Society Foundation meeting in Riverbank tonite. He appears very pro-armed citizens and CCW. To the point that he said he'd like to open the SO range to allow citizens to come and shoot there. He said he'd like to facilitate awareness with Deputies and citizens as to how to transition from scenarios where a legal gun owner (CCW or not) is detaining someone, waiting for the LEOs to arrive, and how to transition to the LEOs taking over - without the legal gun owner ending up facedown in the dirt, etc.

He was invited to, but did not go so far as to sign the Madison Society Foundation's pledge supporting CCWs for a Good Cause of "Personal Defense". This is the pledge/position that Stanislaus County Sheriff (then candidate) Adam Christianson agreed to and has held to since being elected in 2010:

I would encourage all San Joaquin Co. residents to promote the Madison Society Foundation's pledge and ask the candidates to sign it.

Here is the pledge. There is no reason why Sgt. Pat Withrow should not be willing to sign it if he is as pro-CCW as he claims:
http://www.madison-society.org/pdfs/...20100413-1.pdf

I don't like hearing Sgt. Withrow wouldn't sign the Madison Society Foundation's pledge. Just another politician talking the talk to get elected but not walking the walk afterwards?