Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 05-14-2017, 11:34 AM

Default Strange question from a licence holder

I was told by someone that an instructor i knew for CCW qualifications was a huge supporter of people getting ccw's but doesnt make it public because of the iffyness of the political climate here in california. That being said if SWIM had a small following on social media were to make a video informing people who may not have thought of it or sought out a ccw on how to get one and the best way of going about that could his IA take away his license or refuse to renew it when that time comes around.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:44 AM

So it sounds like you are asking if someone legally exercising their 1st amendment rights could legally have their CCW revoked or not renewed absent any other disqualifying issues? I think not but there are many people who do not stand up for what they believe in their hearts due to the consequences of speaking out. As Michael Savage says the 1st amendment is not needed to protect popular speech but to protect unpopular speech.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skooterdave View Post
So it sounds like you are asking if someone legally exercising their 1st amendment rights could legally have their CCW revoked or not renewed absent any other disqualifying issues? I think not but there are many people who do not stand up for what they believe in their hearts due to the consequences of speaking out. As Michael Savage says the 1st amendment is not needed to protect popular speech but to protect unpopular speech.

Its one of those things where SWIM cares about their status with their license because its work related, and at the same time doesnt know what an IA could do about their license if they disagreed with promoting getting a CCW in cali in general. To be fair its not just california, ive seen youtubers get their CCW's get revoked because of **** they said online some of it stupid some of it not.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:09 PM

Ya I don't know that much about CCW's getting revoked absent a crime being committed or threat made (I do not know anyone personally who has had a revocation) I also have not paid much attention to what is happening to holders outside of CA. I think that if CCW holders were as loud mouth and politically active as the Gun haters that we might actually get some margin of respect. But we are a discriminated against minority in CA who would rather support our families by working than being engaged in protests, so it is what it is. We have been reduced to fighting the unconstitutional rules and laws in court. Perhaps we need to get our message out. Perhaps we need concerted recall efforts to make it politically damaging to step on our rights. Perhaps we should hire paid protesters like the antis do. I don't know the answer, other than that I am a dues paying member of several civil rights organizations that directly support our causes.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Ya I don't know that much about CCW's getting revoked absent a crime being committed or threat made (I do not know anyone personally who has had a revocation) I also have not paid much attention to what is happening to holders outside of CA. I think that if CCW holders were as loud mouth and politically active as the Gun haters that we might actually get some margin of respect. But we are a discriminated against minority in CA who would rather support our families by working than being engaged in protests, so it is what it is. We have been reduced to fighting the unconstitutional rules and laws in court. Perhaps we need to get our message out. Perhaps we need concerted recall efforts to make it politically damaging to step on our rights. Perhaps we should hire paid protesters like the antis do. I don't know the answer, other than that I am a dues paying member of several civil rights organizations that directly support our causes.

Im going to stop responding to this thread until i find out what happened but i was temporarily banned after posting this thread id love to continue this discussion later on though.
Old 05-14-2017, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglitch View Post
Im going to stop responding to this thread until i find out what happened but i was temporarily banned after posting this thread id love to continue this discussion later on though.
Your screen name explains the temp ban. Also a previous thread does the same.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2017, 1:30 PM
Veteran Member

Default Strange question from a licence holder

Quote:

Discriminated against? Really?
No. I am not discriminated against for being licensed to carry a concealed weapon. I might not like local ordinances that prohibit me from legally carrying under my license in regional parks, for example, but I can still enjoy all the benefits of the regional parks that non-licensed people enjoy. I can choose to lock up my gun or leave it at home. "Concealed carry licensee" is not a protected class. So no, you are not discriminated against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Old_Bald_Guy; 05-15-2017 at 1:32 PM..
Old 05-15-2017, 1:35 PM
Veteran Member

Also, the ridiculous notion that only unemployed people protest (or that all people who work do so during regular M-F business hours) is a tired cliché.

Old 05-15-2017, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Also, the ridiculous notion that only unemployed people protest (or that all people who work do so during regular M-F business hours) is a tired cliché.

Congrats for offering something constructive to the conversation. Be sure to remember how free you are when you register to buy ammo very soon or move to a place in CA which is non-issue like progressive San Francisco. When ex-cops are allowed to CCW on school property but CCW holders are not due to corrupt legislators and their phony cronies I call that discrimination. The people in power in California are discriminating against Gun owners, but you can go back to sleep if you want.

Old 05-15-2017, 4:17 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Be sure to remember how free you are when you register to buy ammo very soon...
Exactly, well said Dave.
Old 05-15-2017, 4:19 PM
Veteran Member

Dave doesn't comprehend discrimination.

Old 05-15-2017, 4:57 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Just because you aren't a "protected class" doesn't mean you aren't being discriminated against. In a legal/political sense perhaps, but in real life it happens all the time.
Old 05-15-2017, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Dave doesn't comprehend discrimination.

What would you call it professor?

Old 05-15-2017, 5:56 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

This gonna be good!

"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 05-15-2017, 6:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
This gonna be good!

Probably not. I feel compelled once in awhile to post a brief retort of dissent to this thing or that thing, but arguing around here (or much of anywhere, really) accomplishes nothing.

Old 05-15-2017, 6:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What would you call it professor?

I dunno. Non-comprehension, I guess.

Old 05-15-2017, 6:40 PM

To the OP, let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-15-2017, 6:47 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

#1 - The temp ban wasn't a ban. Kest was tweaking some settings to help control Spam and a BUNCH of members (including himself) were banned for a few minutes.

#2 - I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. You mention an instructor in your CCW class, afraid to share that he's pro-CCW. Was he the CCW instructor, or some other type of instructor?

Either way, as long as you aren't getting into legal trouble or speaking in support of subversive or violent activity, your IA couldn't care less about what you share with others. If your IA were not supportive of CCW, you would not have a permit. They are not required to issue them.

People may indeed have had their permits pulled after posting something really stupid, but what they post on youtube about it is not going to be the entire story.

BTW: If your permit is required for employment, don't move to the IE. San Bernardino specifically does not issue permits for employment purposes and the permit says "Not valid for employment" on the permit.
If your job requires that you carry concealed, they want you to go through the formal procedures with BSIS.
They don't prohibit carry while working, so if by "employment related" you simply mean that you carry bank deposits after closing, you'd still be okay there.

BUT!

I'd be more worried about going public with my face or name attached, not because of the IA, but because of neighbors, employers, etc.... Concealed means concealed. It has nothing to do with being concerned about the anti-2A mentality in California and more having to do with maintaining the tactical advantage over someone who may decide to do harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 06-15-2017, 1:09 PM

It's always a good thing to exercise self restraint. If you ever feel you need to use a firearm, and the prosecutor looks into your personal file and background, anything and everything you posted on the Interwebs will surface. Even if you, jokingly, stated that someone deserved to die or to be shot, it will be held against you. It's easy to forget this little fact in light of the omnipresent social media, but it's good to remember that every time you start typing something that you'll post on a public forum.
Old 06-15-2017, 3:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Beware the false accusation. Anybody can drive next to your car, call police and say you pointed a gun at them. You get pulled over, have a gun. Your word against theirs. Good luck. I'll be keeping my head down and my trumpet in it's case.