Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 02-28-2017, 2:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Great referral for CCW renewal training/qualification

So I had my renewal done through a company called Shoot Safe. Jason Granados is the instructor. For the same price or cheaper than most of the classes out there he will come meet you one on one at several ranges.

We met at FT3 in Stanton. He was prompt, courteous and friendly. We did the qualifying and it was over before I knew it.

So if you're looking for a great, fast, inexpensive and on YOUR schedule renewal training, Jeezzz it's a no brainer, give him a call.

Jason Granados
714-625-1507
Shoot Safe

Pm me if anyone wants details.
Old 02-28-2017, 3:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

I can vouch for Jason as well. I got his contact info from Chris, and when I got my email today, I called him. He was leaving for FT3 to do some qualifications, and asked if I wanted to meet him today.

I just got back. He was there before me, ready to go, and professional. Very low key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 02-28-2017, 8:02 PM
Veteran Member

subscribed, thanks
Old 03-18-2017, 9:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You won't regret it if you decide to use him.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:13 PM

Yep, I requal'd with Jason a couple months ago...pleasant experience...
Old 04-30-2017, 1:05 PM

Howdy, I am in LA looking for a ccw instructor, referral. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-30-2017, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapricornLC9s View Post
Howdy, I am in LA looking for a ccw instructor, referral. Thanks in advance.
Who's your IA? LA?
Old 05-15-2017, 1:18 PM

Have a ccw class with him this coming up Friday. Will see how it turns out.

5/24/2017....

I had the pleasure of taking Jason's (shootsafeoc.com) course on the 19th. Great fella, doesn't beat around the bush and no BS. If he see you're not qualified to take his course, he will be upfront with you but that doesn't mean he wont help you. The thing I liked about his class was that it was small so he had more time involving himself with each students if needed. I also liked the fact that he was very accommodating, when we called and inquired about his next available spot, he asked us when we (my brothers and I) would be available. Instead of him giving us dates, he said for us to give him a date and he will work with us. Where can you find an instructor with a open schedule like that??? Most places are either 15+ students and is reserved online by paying upfront. Not with Jason, he said pay him on the day before our training, which I liked better as their were no strings attached. If for some reason I had a family emergency and couldn't make it on our schedule appointment, no one loses out.

His course is for all levels of shooters from beginners to advance. For the beginners, you just got to have at least some type of firearms experience. Just don't go there with a new pistol and the price tag is still attached to it .

His course is a 1 day course that covers most of the do and dont's of a ccw permit holder. He also touched up on the legalities of carrying into prohibited places (ie.. federal buildings). It's pretty fast paced so if you need a whole history lesson on the CCW aspect, I don't recommend this course. If you're looking for a 1 day course, who's flexible, willing to work on your schedule then I recommend you give him a call. You won't be disappointed.

Remember you won't learn everything with any 1 day course so Jason's course is no different. It's just, I personally prefer to work in smaller groups so if I needed some of my skills honed I know I'm getting my training's worth and he's there watching me and giving me pointers, plus I was limited with time as my weekends from now till end of June will be booked. So everything worked out great for me. With his experience and background I felt he was a perfect instructor!

If you go onto his website, it doesn't give you much info but do yourself a favor and call him or email him. You'll be glad you did.

Good thing is, he also holds an FFL so that's also a PLUS in my book!

Last edited by slixx1320; 05-24-2017 at 4:05 PM.. Reason: review of instructor