Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 04-02-2015, 10:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Orange County "Good Cause" discussion

Quote:
Prospective applicants are encouraged to attend their scheduled appointments and submit their CCW applications for consideration. Licenses issued after Thursday, March 26, 2015, are subject to the good cause requirement in OCSD Policy 218.
If you currently have an application pending with OCSD or if you begin a new application, please use this thread to discuss your good cause statement to the extent you feel comfortable. As of this writing, none of us knows what internal guidance has been issues regarding what is or is not acceptable. Whether you are ultimately approved or denied, posting as much information as possible about your GC and feedback you get during your interview process will only help.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Bump. We are beginning to hear of applicants who have had their interviews post-3/26 with varying results. Use this thread as a place to consolidate discussion of GC statements for OC and what works/doesn't work. There is no danger in discussing your GC, scrubbed of personal info.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

I sneaked in before the change. This thread is an excellent idea. Let's fill it with discussion. Knowledge is power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-19-2015, 8:49 AM

A suggestion: Only post your good cause if you were approved or denied based on your good cause.

As far as I can tell, no one has been approved on denied based on good cause. All the recently issued permits seemed to have been applications approved before 3/26, meaning Self Defense won the day.
Old 04-19-2015, 8:12 PM

Some have been approved after submitting their good cause statements just recently, but they were already in process, some have received the conditional approval letters after submitting their good cause statements. But these were all people in process before the cut off/change date.

Haven't heard a word yet on anyone that has had an initial interview date on or after the 26th. When they report back with approvals or not then we shall see.
Old 04-19-2015, 9:53 PM

I have been approved following my submission of my good cause. Not sure id post it though.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Congratulations! Why the reservations about posting your GC, if I may ask? I'd certainly recommend removing any information that may create an additional threat, but legally speaking there is no issue .
Old 04-19-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAti0n View Post
I have been approved following my submission of my good cause. Not sure id post it though.
Please do. Redact it as necessary to protect yourself. People are interested in where the threshhold is for good cause. The difference between, "I get home late at night;" and, "My ex wife wrote me a notarized certificate stating the time and date she plans on murdering me."
Old 04-20-2015, 7:00 AM

To Whom It May Concern:

In compliance with Orange County Sheriff’s Department Policy 218, this serves as my good cause statement for needing a carry concealed weapon’s license.

In lieu of recent events involving P.D. and the media, there are citizens who dislike people in uniform. Working as a firefighter, I come across many patients who don’t like individuals who serve in uniform. Countless times, I have ran calls along side P.D. where the patient has been violent and/or has made a threatening remark towards me.
I work in a high crime area of ********, and am often confused as a law enforcement officer because of the uniform and badge I wear. I am constantly reminded that gangs are still alive and thriving in the area I cover. Gang signs are spray painted on almost every corner of the street let alone on our station as well. I have run many calls in the *** and ***** jails. I have come across many inmates who have been or are still involved in street gangs, and I have personally transported them. Rest assured there are inmates who highly dislike people who serve in uniform, and have made sure that I am aware of it. I have also responded to numerous gang related shootings as well that has left me concerned for my safety.
While working my identity is not hidden- my badge number is clearly visible, my name is embroidered on my uniforms, and the engine/truck I am on each day is labeled with the station I work at. There have been many times when I have been off duty, crossed paths with the same patients, and have been identified by them. As a firefighter, I do not have the option to have my personal information kept confidential; such as confidential license plates like P.D. has. With all explained I fear great bodily injury and possibly death and this is why I feel the need to protect not only myself, but also my loved ones who I surround myself with every day.

There's my GC with some things taken out.
Old 04-20-2015, 8:34 AM
Veteran Member

^^ Congratulations ImAti0n - thanks for sharing your GC statement. Did you get a final approval or an approval to proceed with application? What does your timeline look like?
Old 04-20-2015, 8:37 AM

Quote:
To Whom It May Concern:

In compliance with Orange County Sheriff’s Department Policy 218, this serves as my good cause statement for needing a carry concealed weapon’s license.

In lieu of recent events involving P.D. and the media, there are citizens who dislike people in uniform. Working as a firefighter, I come across many patients who don’t like individuals who serve in uniform. Countless times, I have ran calls along side P.D. where the patient has been violent and/or has made a threatening remark towards me.
I work in a high crime area of ********, and am often confused as a law enforcement officer because of the uniform and badge I wear. I am constantly reminded that gangs are still alive and thriving in the area I cover. Gang signs are spray painted on almost every corner of the street let alone on our station as well. I have run many calls in the *** and ***** jails. I have come across many inmates who have been or are still involved in street gangs, and I have personally transported them. Rest assured there are inmates who highly dislike people who serve in uniform, and have made sure that I am aware of it. I have also responded to numerous gang related shootings as well that has left me concerned for my safety.
While working my identity is not hidden- my badge number is clearly visible, my name is embroidered on my uniforms, and the engine/truck I am on each day is labeled with the station I work at. There have been many times when I have been off duty, crossed paths with the same patients, and have been identified by them. As a firefighter, I do not have the option to have my personal information kept confidential; such as confidential license plates like P.D. has. With all explained I fear great bodily injury and possibly death and this is why I feel the need to protect not only myself, but also my loved ones who I surround myself with every day.

That is a rock solid GC if I've ever seen one.
Old 04-20-2015, 8:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliberetta View Post
^^ Congratulations ImAti0n - thanks for sharing your GC statement. Did you get a final approval or an approval to proceed with application? What does your timeline look like?
I have been approved to pick up my license.

Timeline:

Request for interview 9/2014
Original interview date 3/2015
Moved up interview to 1/2015
Livescan completed 1/28/2015
Residence check - Unk
Training completed first week of March 2015
Packet ready to submit to lieutenant 3/31/2105
Email asking for GC 4/6/2015
Submitted GC 4/8/2015
Pick up CCW 4/30/2015
Old 04-20-2015, 9:23 AM
Veteran Member

^^ Thanks again, good job on the GC
Old 04-20-2015, 9:49 AM

Quote:

Timeline:

Request for interview 9/2014
Original interview date 3/2015
Moved up interview to 1/2015
Livescan completed 1/28/2015
Residence check - Unk
Training completed first week of March 2015
Packet ready to submit to lieutenant 3/31/2105
Email asking for GC 4/6/2015
Submitted GC 4/8/2015
Pick up CCW 4/30/2015
Congrats, but I'm actually surprised you were required to provide a GC after seeing that you completed everything prior to the rehearing.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
To Whom It May Concern:

SNIP

Outstanding! I recall reading this earlier in another thread as well but didn't put the names together. Iirc you felt unsure if it was good enough. Kudos to you for testing the waters and submitting it anyway. One more good guy on the list! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-20-2015, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I don't wear a uniform as you do - but I am required for my job to go into areas such as Vernon, Compton and such. Your GC gives me some additional ideas.

And congrats on the license - talk about a great Good Cause!
Old 05-18-2015, 9:14 AM

I received my pick-up date. I have not previously received a conditional approval based on my old good cause of self defense. I was required to submit additional good cause. Therefor, I infer I was accepted based on my detailed good cause statement.

Every assertion was backup up by an online source or an attachment.

DO NOT BE STUPID AND COPY AND PASTE THIS STATEMENT. THAT WOULD BE FRAUD AND YOU COULD BE PROSECUTED.

The gist of it is below. Heavily redacted. The purpose publishing this GC statement is to give an indication of what is being accepted as good cause.

1. I desire to carry a weapon for self defense purposes.

2. I am the lead Paralegal employed by xxx. As such I oversee collections on all files, and supervise and train staff. See attached letter from xxx. My position as a debt collector places me at a heightened risk as set forth below, and I am in fear of being killed or maimed by a judgment debtor.

I have direct contact on a daily basis with debtors who are in arrears with our clients. I use the process of law to seize assets belonging to judgment debtors via wage garnishment, bank levy, and the seizure of other personal property against the owner’s will; and, I use the process of law to compel certain actions from the judgment debtor, such as taking an examination under oath at the superior court, under penalty of arrest and contempt of court. I routinely conduct investigations which require me to pierce the privacy of judgment debtors which would otherwise be legally protected. I collect assets valued in excess of $30,000 monthly from a pool of over one-thousand files, with each file containing at least one judgment debtor.

As a result of my job functions, my relationship with judgment debtors is often adversarial, with an extremely high potential for conflict. Some judgment debtors may resort to violence against me, my co-workers and staff. Nearly all judgment debtors live locally.
I do not operate under a pseudo-name when engaged in the above activities. Some of the tools I use to locate people could be used by anyone to locate me, therefore I am at heightened risk of being killed or injured by a judgment debtor I have “worked with” even when not at work, and would continue to be at heightened risk even if my employment was terminated.

3. I am creditor to xxx a California resident with a history of substance abuse, and multiple arrests for violent crimes. I am actively attempting to collect his debt—which is now an enforceable money judgment--owed to me. His debt to me arises from perjury, felony grand theft and fraud. I am in fear of being killed or injured by while engaged in collecting his debt owed to me, as set forth below.

Mr. xxx has been arrested at least twice for a violent crime. See the attached background check conducted by private investigator xxx. On xxx my brother, xxx, and I were at Mr. xxx residence--attempting to collect my debt before commencing litigation--when the Sheriff appeared to make an arrest pursuant to a bench warrant issued in connection with a violent crime. Mr. xxx was not present. My brother and I left and located Mr. xxx at a nearby trolley station, awaiting the next train. I called the Sheriff and informed it of Mr. xxx whereabouts then confronted Mr. xxx about his debt, and informed him that I contacted the Sheriff. The Sheriff arrived and arrested Mr. xxx pursuant to the warrant.

As a result of Mr. xxx criminal background, and my role in assisting his arrest, I fear for my safety as I attempt to collect the debt Mr. xxx owes to me. Mr. xxx is aware of my residential address, and has expressed no regard for the law or the safety of others.

4. I reside in xxx. xxx has a higher rate of crime—violent crime in particular-- compared to surrounding cities of xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, and xxx, and the national average. Most of my day-to-day activities take place in xxx such as walking to the nearby xxx to deposit rent due to my landlord, walking to the corner grocery store, driving to the local xxx, practicing archery at xxx, performing maintenance on my car in the evening after work using tools valued in the hundreds of dollars, and driving/bicycling to the Gym in the twighlight hours before work. I am at a heightened risk of being a victim of violent crime while engaged in these activities compared to residents in other cities in Orange County, and across the nation, generally. I often commute on a bicycle without any viable means of protection and I often arrive home from work after dark. I am in fear of being killed or injured so long as I reside in xxx.

I am informed that the residential zone I live in is especially high in crime. I spoke with Samar Elsayegh, City of Sana Ana/ Public Works Agency, on xxx, concerning Orange County Ordinance 6-4-607, which authorizes the Board to designate areas of prohibited parking on public roads. I desired to park on the public road in front of my place of residence, or to allow my guests to do so; however, I live in such a prohibited zone and do not qualify for a parking permit. Ms. Elsayegh explained that the prohibition existed in my zone since the 80’s in order to curb crime. My zone was selected as a high crime area. The continuing prohibition on street parking implies my zone in particular is still a high crime area in the eyes of the Board.

Last edited by civlaw; 05-18-2015 at 9:38 AM..
Old 05-18-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by civlaw View Post
Every assertion was backup up by an online source or an attachment.

DO NOT BE STUPID AND COPY AND PASTE THIS STATEMENT. THAT WOULD BE FRAUD AND YOU COULD BE PROSECUTED.
Snip for brevity
Nice! I bet those that are landlords (I was until this year), could work up language that would work. Even though I never had to chase a bad debt nor evict anyone - in addition to the tangible tools (which has been mentioned in the past - the possibility of posting pay or quit notices / collecting past dues and related issues I would think pass the GC "test"

Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

Approved for pickup on 6/2/15, here is my GC Statement:

To Orange County Sheriff Department Investigator, the reasons for my CCW permit application are as follows:

1. The company I work for, "", located at "" (please see attached business license and certificate of occupancy), shares a parking lot with a company called "" which is a medical marijuana dispensary (please see attached web printout), located at "". Since the establishment of "", there had been reports of varying degrees of nuisances/vandalism, including a car fire in the Business Park and increase public defacement (tagging and dumping trash in the parking lot including alcohol) near the business park, to the point where "" had to hire full time security guard(s). The business park association has been trying to get this company to vacate their premises to no avail. "" is open from 11 AM to 8 PM daily, 7 days a week and has a constant flow of traffic within our business park which includes regular medical patients, as well as clients of suspicious nature, who often drives by and/or stops at our unit asking for the location of the dispensary. Due to the nature of my job in "", I often work past our regular business hours from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM and into the late evening hours. Upon my leaving the office I often see "" clients hanging out in the parking lot which makes me very uncomfortable, uneasy and in fear for my life. Sometimes I also need to come to the office on the weekends as well and "" is also opened on the weekends. This, in conjunction with reason number two that I will detail below, are the reasons why I feel I need to be armed in order to protect myself from any possible life-threatening, self-defense scenario, including, but not limited to "" patrons who may be using their products in public and become unruly, and/or possible robbery/burglary attempts at their facility due to their valuable commodity at night or during the day.

2. The company I work for, "", has at any one time, an average of "" worth of merchandise stored in the warehouse awaiting shipment to clients (please see attached invoices, sales orders and photos), as well as petty cash. Again, due to my job obligations with "" (please see attached business card and recent pay stubs), which requires communication with overseas vendors who start their day as we are ending ours, I am at times required to stay late in the office by myself. At times I am also required to transport merchandise personally to our clients, whether during the day or take home at night to be delivered the next morning. Due to the value of merchandise stored in our company, and the frequency of "" medical marijuana user traffic in and out of our business park late into the evening and weekends, I feel I must be armed in order to protect myself and my family should they need to travel with me, to and from work, from any life-threatening, self-defense scenario, including but not limited to examples listed in reason one.

3. I am a current “03” Federal Firearms License holder as a Collector of Curios and Relics (please see attached license copy #""), as well as a holder of a current Certificate of Eligibility (please see attached certificate #""). Being a licensed Collector of Curios and Relics, I have, and do transport from time to time, in accordance with lawful safe handling and transportation regulations, valuable and/or historic Curio and Relics firearms either from my residence to the shooting range, from my residence to another location for the exchange of knowledge and/or demonstration, or from another Collector to my residence after a new purchase. Given the intrinsic value associated with my collection (monetary, historical, and/or personal), I have the need, and must have the means (to be armed) to protect my collection, but more importantly myself, from persons with malicious intend to forcibly burglarize, vandalize, and/or deprive me of my collection during transportation.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Old 05-19-2015, 1:26 PM

http://freebeacon.com/issues/federal...onstitutional/
Here's an interesting article that may help our cause.
Old 05-20-2015, 2:12 PM

DC's good cause requirement just got declared unconstitutional in court. Maybe CA can get back to that.

I had a lot of help from a few calgunners writing mine and will post as soon as I hear if I got a conditional approval or not.

Subscribed...

Excerpt from article...

U.S. District Judge Frederick J. Scullin Jr. placed a hold on Washington D.C.’s mandate that firearm owners must have a “good reason” to get a concealed carry permit in the District. The judge said the requirement took away citizens’ Second Amendment rights.

Judge Scullin granted a preliminary injunction as a result of a lawsuit brought forth by three gun owners who sought to overturn the bureaucratic D.C. gun law claiming the regulations surrounding it make it impossible for the majority of law abiding individuals to qualify for a D.C. firearms permit.

“For all intents and purposes, this requirement makes it impossible for the overwhelming majority of law-abiding citizens to obtain licenses to carry handguns in public for self-defense, thereby depriving them of their Second Amendment right to bear arms,” Judge Scullin wrote within his 23 page opinion.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/11736/judg...zEAg34m7KGB.99

Last edited by Browneye; 06-03-2015 at 6:21 AM..
Old 05-20-2015, 3:32 PM
Veteran Member

OK, I can't validate this, as I didn't read the statement. I sold a holster this past weekend to a very nice gentleman at the Del Mar show who had just received his license. He said his good cause statement was that he drove a Prius. He indicated he is neither a slow driver or tree hugger, but that people are very aggressive towards Prius drivers.

Well I find it hard to imagine that passed muster, I can understand it. The guy was a combination of surprised and happy.
Old 05-20-2015, 3:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
OK, I can't validate this, as I didn't read the statement. I sold a holster this past weekend to a very nice gentleman at the Del Mar show who had just received his license. He said his good cause statement was that he drove a Prius. He indicated he is neither a slow driver or tree hugger, but that people are very aggressive towards Prius drivers.

Well I find it hard to imagine that passed muster, I can understand it. The guy was a combination of surprised and happy.

I have, on more than a few occasions, had Priuses sneak up on me in parking lots because they are so quiet, and I might have cussed out loud a few times... Driving behind a Prius is also no fun because the drivers are more concerned with checking their "efficiency" every minute than actually driving with the "flow" of traffic... So yes, I can see aggravation towards Prius owners.

Since you sold it just this past weekend and he has just received his license, maybe he fell within the group where Self-defense was still accepted, regardless of his new GC. Of course there's no way to confirm that, but good for him for receiving his permit regardless.
Old 05-20-2015, 4:10 PM
Veteran Member

Default Orange County "Good Cause" discussion

Priuses have tried to smash my modersicle more than once. I don't trust 'em.

Last edited by Old_Bald_Guy; 05-20-2015 at 4:11 PM.. Reason: details
Old 05-31-2015, 1:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Should we just consider Prius' as a necessary supplement to our GC? Those things are a threat to anyone, anywhere.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds reasonable to me.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:24 PM

I have a Prius. No one messes with me. But mine has a USMA license plate frame on it as well. Might have something to do with it.

I also have other stuff that offsets the Prius and balances out my carbon footprint.

Last edited by Randy G.; 05-31-2015 at 11:30 PM..
Old 06-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Veteran Member

Not sure what USMA is, but don't "mess with" anyone, Prius or otherwise. LTCers who mess with people shouldn't have licenses.
Old 06-01-2015, 2:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G. View Post
I have a Prius. No one messes with me. But mine has a USMA license plate frame on it as well. Might have something to do with it.

I also have other stuff that offsets the Prius and balances out my carbon footprint.

Hows Clifford doing?

I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:27 PM

I confirmed that my application was approved based on my supplemental good cause, and not on my Self Defense good cause. Therefore, my GC statement above made the cut to a certainty.
Old 06-02-2015, 8:08 PM

Default Orange County "good cause"

My appointment is next week. I have added more to my "good cause" statement after reading comments on this page.
I have described a court imposed criminal restraining order against my immediate neighbor. She has been harassing my family for many years. I plan to include court docs, evidence provided to the judge, etc. The current order was imposed after she violated the original civil restraining order.
Any comments re this approach?
Thanks for the assistance. I've been waiting a long time for this and would truly appreciate any guidance you'd like to offer.
Old 06-03-2015, 2:56 PM

Happy to say that adding additional firearms has not been affected by the GC requirement. I was in and out of OCSD in 10 minutes today with my new updated card.
Old 06-15-2015, 6:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
...He said his good cause statement was that he drove a Prius. He indicated he is neither a slow driver or tree hugger, but that people are very aggressive towards Prius drivers....
Totally OT, but 9 out of 10 times when I see someone doing something stupid on the road, it's a Prius. I could easily have daily content for a YouTube channel just from my daily commute and my car event recorder.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Not sure what USMA is, but don't "mess with" anyone, Prius or otherwise. LTCers who mess with people shouldn't have licenses.
USMA. United States Military Academy. US Army. Graduates are US Army officers.

http://www.usma.edu/SitePages/Home.aspx
Old 07-24-2015, 5:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Bump
Old 07-25-2015, 5:08 AM

Steadyrock asked me to post my GC statement as an example of one accepted and approved post-peruta enbank review (after March 2015). It has been reviewed by dozens of calgunners and is posted as a valid sample at SafeInsight training website.

I had considerable input and assistance on how to evaluate and word my personal situation. Calguns members were very helpful and served as peer review. Don't hesitate to ask for help with your own.

My statement has three distinctive parts and I have no way of knowing if one or more carried more weight. It's highly likely that my physical condition and that I carry highly valuable materials were the determinate factor. It is my opinion that OCSD is looking for applicants to competently express the reasons for their personal need for concealed carry protection.

CCW Application Good Cause Statement of [calgunner Browneye - do not copy and paste - for reference only]

I desire to carry a concealed weapon because of increases in criminal activities near my home, my place of work, as well as due to my age and health resulting in the potential to make me look like an easy target to a criminal seeking a low-risk opportunity.

First, in my own neighborhood there is an increase of homes being rented instead of owned, and residences that have had loud parties and other public activities that draw undesirables to the area. I have personally noticed an increase in the number of crimes in the neighborhood and there are a great deal of aggressive acting characters around, they cruise through the streets looking for targets. We have had vehicles that are from out of the area, scoping out the homes. There is an almost constant report of the increase in violent crime from home invasion, to attacks on people at gas stations and businesses reported by local media, and substantiated by recent law enforcement briefings to the media. This has significantly increased my fear of grave bodily harm. At the end of this statement are reference materials of pertinent data as supporting documentation.

I have had numerous back injuries leaving me unable to lift more than a few pounds, so I have no viable means of physically protecting my wife or myself. I have no interest in protecting personal property as all my valuables are insured and replaceable. However we fear for our well being while traveling to and from our home.
I hesitate to mention it as certainly everyone is aware, but due to a release of felons and reclassifications of crimes (prison overcrowding and Prop 47) there has been an increase in the number of crimes throughout Southern California generally. Reductions in city budgets including my home town of [my city] has also had a negative effect on law enforcement presence, and the resources they do have are being consumed by those increases in crime.

Secondly, as a director of information technology at my employer, I carry proprietary data in the form of system backup materials to and from work, arriving before daylight and in many cases leaving after dark, and at times very odd hours late into the night. There is no security presence at my place of employment. I believe that possession of this proprietary data in the form of digital media could make me a target. These backup cartridges contain the entire network image of more than 20 servers, 3 websites, and contents of dozens of system user files, for a $10-million distribution company. This material has been identified as having significant value, which places me at risk while in possession. One data cartridge must be taken offsite daily as backup in the case of fire other destruction of the building. This link lists fifty known gangs active in southern California, which includes but certainly not limited to, Asian gangs that target software and hardware as high reward/low risk: http://www.criminaljusticedegreescho...ang-directory/ (I have compiled a list of active gangs in my area, from this site, at the end of this statement.)

Thirdly, I frequently travel to very out of the way places around the state where there is no observable law enforcement presence, and no cellular signal. As a result, I would be unable to rely on help if I were to be attacked. The combination of increased crime throughout much of the state, and the pressure being put on wildlife as a result of the drought, means that I fear being killed or maimed during such times of vulnerability. While these trips are voluntary it is how I escape the pressures of urban life, either alone or with family, bonding in a wilderness experience. These have been life-long activities and wish to continue them without fear of personal attack. Many of California’s most desirable wilderness areas are located in California’s highest crime areas.

I respectfully submit this statement as good cause for the issuance of a concealed firearm carry permit by the Orange County Sheriff.

Last edited by Browneye; 07-25-2015 at 5:13 AM..
Old 07-29-2015, 9:43 AM

Here's a unique good cause statement.

The interviewing Sheriff deputy suggested it.

This is one of my vintage vehicles... It makes me a target for theft due to rarity and value. That's what he had me submit...

I also printed off insurance docs for all my vintage cars and motorcycles...

Old 07-29-2015, 10:02 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel's_Asparagus View Post
Here's a unique good cause statement.

The interviewing Sheriff deputy suggested it.

This is one of my vintage vehicles... It makes me a target for theft due to rarity and value. That's what he had me submit...

I also printed off insurance docs for all my vintage cars and motorcycles...

I'd like to do that, too.

Could you send me all of the info on your vintage vehicles, please.

Model/MFG/year/plate numbers/garage location/where the keys are stored, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:17 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwolff View Post
That is a rock solid GC if I've ever seen one.
And really useful to others if they happen to be firefighters.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
I'd like to do that, too.

Could you send me all of the info on your vintage vehicles, please.

Model/MFG/year/plate numbers/garage location/where the keys are stored, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.
You're soooo lucky I can't go into my armory to prevent a property crime!