Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 01-12-2017, 4:31 PM
Veteran Member

I could care less. Is it true? Can it be proven? No it doesnt work like hollywood sorry. Hey guess what im also 6'4 220 lbs brown hair brown eyes. Whats that gonna do? You know what else i did today i jaywalked!!!! Ya can u believe it!!! Ohhhh the humanity. Please. Im simpmy choosing to not be a victim whats wrong with that when WE ALL we should have tje ability to have a ccw for whatever reason. I simply choose to ignore ILLEGAL LAWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
I love you! (some Homo)
I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!
Old 01-12-2017, 4:39 PM
Veteran Member

Matter of facts im at the la. Esa wally buying firewood. Black shirt with stars and a open sweater.come find me. Lol someod u get it most do not and would fall right in line with whatever is told to van by a presumed higher authority. My only to higher authorities are God and my wife that is all I am saying, you're either Pro or against and it sounds like most of you are against what is not good in my opinion I say screw the Cali laws because they are not legal to begin with he cannot enforce an illegal law sure I'll get arrested at some point sure I'll have a record but I'm standing by my decisions and my principles here which to me matter quite a bit and apparently not to a lot of other people
Quote:
I love you! (some Homo)
we never had the problems in CA till the whiteys took over. We used to hunt, fish, roam, then they showed up and wanted to be civilized.............Ruined it for everyone!
Old 01-12-2017, 4:41 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry about the above using talk to text as I am shopping right now so it kind of makes a little bit of sense LOL
Quote:
I love you! (some Homo)
Old 01-12-2017, 5:24 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjr1125 View Post
My only to higher authorities are God and my wife that is all I am saying, you're either Pro or against and it sounds like most of you are against what is not good in my opinion I say screw the Cali laws because they are not legal to begin with he cannot enforce an illegal law sure I'll get arrested at some point sure I'll have a record but I'm standing by my decisions and my principles here which to me matter quite a bit and apparently not to a lot of other people
Excellent! So when that permit expires there will be no point in renewing it right? I mean, just keep on carrying and doing your thing, you don't permission from anyone to carry a gun if God tells you it's ok. Heck, why did you bother to submit to that "presumed higher authority" to get a permit to begin with? You'd have been just fine without it apparently!

Who cares about consequences or anything....
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 01-12-2017, 5:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Your probably the first one they ever encountered!

You should drop by their offices and drop off some literature explaining civilians gun rights. Talk with them about the incident.
Old 01-12-2017, 5:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Hell see if they want to go shooting sometime!
Old 01-12-2017, 5:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

This is turning into a troll thread. Carry on and good luck to all who choose to admit on a public forum that they break the law. Bye!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 01-12-2017, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdoc View Post
Then you and your posts are irrelevant and you have zero credibility on this topic.

ETA:Too late to change your post, its quoted and on the web for ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post

kcjr1125, since you showed back up in this thread after getting a virtual beat down, I feel like I need to speak for a few members here and say see the posts above.

Now, go away and give yourself some peace.

Good Medicine, Bad Places.

Do No Harm, Do Know Harm.

"SA MC Operator. Cuz, you gotta Operate when you're cruzin' the couch with the vodka!"--XDJYo

Last edited by Desertdoc; 01-12-2017 at 7:42 PM..
Old 01-13-2017, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk94044 View Post
Sad, really sad, In California you are not allowed to save someone's life with firearm out of home, just your own person.
very sad situation we live in. What happened to "it takes a village"? Remember the gun store sued for handing police guns during the bank of america robbery. That is to much liability for me...

Quote:
No, I would not except to yell that I am calling the police!
What would you do as the guy driving by when the AZ cop was shot?

I would act just like him in AZ or NV.
In commiefornia I would send flowers to the funeral, and e-mail the video so I can keep my phone.
Old 01-13-2017, 9:47 AM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinjason233 View Post
CA is not AZ. Whole different playing field across that Stateline.

If you can't figure that out you weren't paying attention in your CCW class.

That being said, the incident the OP was involved in and the incident in AZ are vastly different. What the passerby did in AZ would probably would not be considered a "bad shoot" here in CA either, especially if it saved the cops life.
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Last edited by baggss; 01-13-2017 at 9:50 AM..
Old 01-13-2017, 10:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

If it was me I would of gone back inside since I know the PD is comming and stayed inside until they called me to come outside since the girl was in no obvious danger except to herself.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:13 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
very sad situation we live in. What happened to "it takes a village"? Remember the gun store sued for handing police guns during the bank of america robbery. That is to much liability for me...

I would act just like him in AZ or NV.
In commiefornia I would send flowers to the funeral, and e-mail the video so I can keep my phone.
In Arizona or Nevada the political climate is much different and I would help if possible. The guy who helped the LEO in Arizona will be given a medal for what he did. In California he may have been prosecuted. Big difference!

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
very sad situation we live in. What happened to "it takes a village"? ......
'it takes a village' was Hillary's motto, to give parents an excuse to not be responsible for not raising their kids to be good, responsible adults. It their kids turn out to be thugs and A holes it's not their fault. The 'village' caused them hold up that 7-11.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
In Arizona or Nevada the political climate is much different and I would help if possible. The guy who helped the LEO in Arizona will be given a medal for what he did. In California he may have been prosecuted. Big difference!
I think if it happened here it would be an opportunity for us to show CcW holders are good people. I'd fight (legal battle) for that guy and use things like that. I think it's just we live in a bubble here in CA

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post
'it takes a village' was Hillary's motto, to give parents an excuse to not be responsible for not raising their kids to be good, responsible adults. It their kids turn out to be thugs and A holes it's not their fault. The 'village' caused them hold up that 7-11.
That's because progressives take language and twist it. When we say it takes a village, we mean each individual should take care of his neighbor. When progressives say it, they steal (tax) our money and give it to their voters

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2017, 12:40 PM

Op, It's sad that you started this thread about being a good Samaritan and the police mistreating you, and now someone turned this thread into a "shame on you for helping" thread. There is for sure a "hop on the shame band wagon" on this forum.

I do agree with others that have posted the issue being this, many police don't run into the situation where there is a CCW holder and don't know how to deal wit the situation. They see or hear "gun" and because of there training jump to the conclusion that there is a threat. There have been situations where the police treated someone with a CCW much worse. It all comes back to the topic that we all struggle with, many are not informed or knowledgeable enough to understand how to deal with guns and situations where a gun is involved. And this include the police. This is why lawyers suggest you not talk to the police. Just because you called the police doesn't mean you need to talk to them. If you don't answer the door they are supposed to go away.

I disagree with a lot of people and think the Op did a good thing. Only the individual person can decide if for them it would have been the "right" thing. Op, you are much braver then most apparently. I live in a neighbor hood that is Town home style and is still private property, but it's not fenced so bringing my gun outside would be illegal, but I would sill do it to save someone I care about. And I care about my neighbors, know many of them personal and have been put in a similar situation. I heard someone screaming for help one night, I did not have my firearm handy but ran out with a big cleaver, some of the other neighbors came out also. Odd thing was no body was there. Could have been a kidnapping but we have homeless people who wander in my area and I am guessing it was a similar situation as the Ops, just someone high-AF person wandering around. If others don't care about their neighbors, well that's their thing and they should not be judging you from their keyboards, because they do not know your situation.

But for everyone who doesn't care about other people and would let someone they don't know get killed, robbed or raped, let me ask you this: what if YOU were the one in trouble (ya, your a tough guy and can handle yourself behind the keyboard, but what if someone snuck up on you with a bat) and one of your neighbors could help. Wouldn't you want them to step in. The police do not arrive in time to stop crimes. A lot will happen in 2-3 minutes. And I am sorry, but you do not need to be a police office to help other people.

JMO
Old 01-14-2017, 11:10 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Just couldn't stay away......

Old 01-22-2017, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

OP, you acted in good faith believing a woman was in immediate distress, good job. It's not clear to me, maybe I missed it, if you exited your home with your gun in your hand, I wouldn't have. Additionally, once it was clear that there wasn't an immediate threat that a gun was needed for, I would have returned it to my home.

Other than that, again, good job!

Last edited by FreedomIsNotFree; 01-22-2017 at 12:14 PM..
Old 01-30-2017, 1:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk94044 View Post
Sad, really sad, In California you are not allowed to save someone's life with firearm out of home, just your own person.
Nah, they don't like you saving your own person either.
John 10:10

iTrader: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1888351
Old 01-30-2017, 6:07 PM

LEO in this State live in a false sense of being; in that we are in a Country where you have the right to bear arms, but the legislature in CA has unjustly made the mere presence of a gun a crime 98% of the time. LEO are not used to regular citizens carrying weapons and react poorly.

DFG Officers are most likely the only LEO in this State operating as the Country was designed, because they EXPECT people to be armed and don't freak out over it.

John 14:6
Old 02-21-2017, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomIsNotFree View Post
OP, you acted in good faith believing a woman was in immediate distress, good job. It's not clear to me, maybe I missed it, if you exited your home with your gun in your hand, I wouldn't have. Additionally, once it was clear that there wasn't an immediate threat that a gun was needed for, I would have returned it to my home.

Other than that, again, good job!
Why do people feel the need to still have a weapon on them once the police have been called/arrive and you're at home? Once you assess the situation, and find out it's just some nutjob ( no PERSON being hurt vs. property damage) go back in, call 911 and leave the gun in the house.

If the cops came to the same call, and you had brought out a baseball bat, do you think they would have you playing around with the bat while they were talking to you? Or, would they have secured it until they left?
Old 02-21-2017, 10:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Just seeing this post for the first time, OP. You did ok, the cop was the one who over reacted.

Sent from my iPhone so typos to be expected.
Old 05-18-2017, 8:53 AM

OP: would you have done anything differently?
Old 05-18-2017, 9:42 AM

I didn't read all the comments here. Could be that your local PD doesn't see many, if any, CCW permits. That's why there were so many questions from the responding officers.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:54 AM

OP, you made mistakes because it was a fluid situation that you have no experience in, and are subconsciously more confident/emboldened knowing you have a firearm. None of these mistakes cost you resources or freedom, so it is a cheap lesson.

The police made some mistakes, because it was a fluid situation, and OC city officers may have been coming across a CCW for the first time. Their attitudes also reflect the fact that they are armed, for better or worse.

Lose the hero reflex, it will only get you in trouble here in CA. Could be civil, could be criminal, could be both. Not worth it.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:59 PM

how many of you saying, "defend everyone at any cost to yourself and f*** the ramifications to your family!! Anything less is ***** ****!" Realize that you're enabling. That's right, enabling. Every person has the chance to make the same choices. One being am I going to arm and defend myself or am I going to just go through life la Dee da and if something bad happens hope the neighbor comes out and helps me.

I read enough of people saying it that I was gonna pass, I'm just amazed at how many don't see it I thought I should add another sane opinion. I'm a Ccw holder by the way, with two young kids. Scenarios are the best part of ccw renewal class, and it's also clarifying in a terrible way. When hearing some people thoughts about when to insert themselves and when to "protect" total strangers I'm sometimes picking my jaw up off the table

I'm a husband and father, I also am free, and straight. I mention that last not to say other choices are wrong but to emphasize that I have many reasons I don't want to go to prison.

This was not a case where you even knew if a crime had/was happening or if anyone had actually been hurt. What if it was a crazy girl that stabbed you? The ambush scenario mentioned? There are COUNTLESS possibilities none of which you had data to make a call on. I wouldn't even have followed my wife out in that situation, I'd stay inside and find out what was going on before involving myself at all.

Defend any person? Stupid. No other way to put it. Chivalry changed when people voted us into a situation where it is punishable and unappreciated. I'm all for a society where car thieves can be hung like old horse thieves, meth and heroin users put down, thieves have fingers cut off, and the city picks up and disposes of bodies of robbers as a courtesy to the defending home owner. We don't have that society though. Hell, I just yesterday read about a city in Colorado overrun with homeless that had to make an agreement with some legal group to allow panhandling. As if that now is a right?! Crazy ****

In our country, today, it is my family (except my sister in law) close friends and smoking hot chicks, that get protection. Otherwise I'll try to be a good witness.

Red
Old 05-18-2017, 3:14 PM

I agree with post #96 by GunnerMichael. The OP was attempting to help someone. I did not get the impression that he was playing Rambo or touting his CCW gun status to anyone. We are required to notify LE of our CCW status.

Honestly, there is more of an opportunity for this type of unnecessary behavior from LE when a person is attempting to help someone if you have a CCW here in CA. It leaves me with the tendency to not attempt to help, close my door, and look the other way. I wasn't raised that way and it was looked at as both cowardice and indecent mainly by the MEN in the family. But today has changed the moral standards and people don't share the compassion, and dignity of assisting others as they use to. By reading a lot of responses here, it doesn't pay to help someone in need and it is better (recommended) to not get involved.

The man (OP) was doing nothing wrong by carrying his GUN to what looked like a hazardous scene. The LE were armed. Why? Society has changed, the definition of a man has changed, and it looks ugly sometimes. There I said it.
Old 05-18-2017, 4:47 PM

1) your initial post does not say she was banging on your door
2) your initial post doesn't mention her banging on doors and breaking windows
3) if your outside with a gun and your wife is on the phone with 911 she needs to tell them my husband is outside with a gun and he is short/tall, skinny/fat, naked/dressed as Santa what ever description fits.

PD rolls up on a scene with some guy with a gun you better bet they will be acting differently then just some guy standing on a porch.
Old 05-19-2017, 7:49 AM

Hi felows. I'm from France i do IPSC i juste read that post what is a CCW permit?

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2017, 7:54 AM

Hi fellows I'm from France I do IPSC and I'd like to know what's a COW permit.ty.

Old 05-19-2017, 8:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippej405 View Post
Hi felows. I'm from France i do IPSC i juste read that post what is a CCW permit?
A permit to carry a concealed weapon.
Quote:
Hi fellows I'm from France I do IPSC and I'd like to know what's a COW permit.ty.
I have no idea.
Old 05-19-2017, 8:10 AM

Thx grizzly. We call that a pro id.ty 4 the info.

Old 05-19-2017, 9:04 AM
Veteran Member

Warren v. District of Columbia
Old 05-19-2017, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykan View Post
Warren v. District of Columbia
Cliffs. Supreme court ruled the police have no duty to protect you.
Old 05-30-2017, 5:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Dale View Post
I agree, If I had been involved in this incident I would have put my firearm away before the police arrived and never said anything about I had a firearm.

You ought to double, double-check the rules of your IA; mine requires me to inform any officer that I have a CCW, whether I'm actually carrying or not.
Old 05-30-2017, 5:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
WOW, just WOW.

If I had been in that situation, hearing a woman screaming for help outside my house (even without a CCW) you can bet your horse I would have inserted myself into the situation. Someone is being hurt you can bet I'll stand up. Not (as some of you asserted) playing LEO, just doing the right thing.

I would have told my wife to call 911 and observe from the window.

Concealed is concealed so unless I was under direct threat of bodily injury my CCW would not come into play in any way.

My IA does not require me to notify LEO's so I likely would not have, but when LEO's arrived I would have my ID and Permit ready in case they were requested and would be on my porch well lit and behaving in a non threatening manor.

If the LEO asked for my ID I would hand my permit and ID at the same time. If the LEO decided to go max safety and treat me like a threat until he was sure I wasn't (Like in OP's post) then so be it, he has that right and sometimes it comes with the territory. OP, yes the LEO's sound a bit heavy handed but try not to be too upset by it because it happens. Perhaps you need to explain to your wife that LEO's sometimes react that way and it is no big deal. LEO's are people too.

Main thing is:

Keep your hands in plain sight, do not make furtive gestures, stay calm and cooperate by doing exactly what the LEO instructs you to do.

Good post.

The only issue with inserting yourself into a situation that you have not seen play out completely from the very beginning, is you truly don't have any idea what is going on.

Did the sweet, innocent looking girl just murder someone, or play accomplice to a murder, and is she in fact being chased by an undercover cop?

The scenarios and "what ifs" are literally limitless, and each person must make this decision for themselves.

Do we become a society where criminals roam free because nobody wants to ever risk anything to help a stranger?

How would you feel if it was your wife or mom begging for help and nobody answered her cries for help? (I'm still working on my wife to get her CCW, but until then...)

I do agree that it changes things being that this literally played out in the OP's front yard; you certainly do have business being armed in your own home.

OP; I mean zero offense, but I really hope you speak better than you write, if not, perhaps your less than stellar communication skills played a part in how the police treated you? Again, no offense intended, but you have to look at it from their view, particularly in light of how our LEO's are targeted for murder these days.

Lots of interesting food for thought here...
Old 05-30-2017, 5:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I'm from San Diego, I too want to know what a ccw is
Old 05-30-2017, 7:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Dik move on the part of the cops.

You have to remember that OC ccw is a recent thing and I would wager most cops out on the beat have yet to encounter one. Hell, just a little over a year ago we had a cop who is a member HERE justifying why a cop might take a CCW permit holder and put him in handcuffs in the back of the car for 20 mins while he checked it out.
It takes time till they all "get the memo"
Old 05-30-2017, 8:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Michael View Post
Just wondering what your reasonable cause statement on your ccw application was. Mine was to protect my family and myself. Yours must have been a lot more in-depth. I know I'm busting your balls a bit but what you did was reckless. Next time if you need to investigate grab a bat.

REALLY!?!? Is this what we've become out here in the 'Golden State'??? If so, we've truly lost!!!

Something to ponder....

CA - Done
Old 05-30-2017, 9:03 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Back when he posted, My brother and I were discussing the cop on here who was justifying handcuffing and placing a ccw permit holder in the back of his car while checking on their status.

My brother (Riverside Sheriff for 25 years) made the statement, "Would he have done that to an off duty cop?" "Because there is no difference, between an off duty cop and a ccw permit holder when it comes to that, they've both both been vetted and are legal to carry"

I've always remembered that. So yeah, would those GG cops have acted differently if he was off duty LEO? Of COURSE they would have....

They're just ignorant.