Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:12 AM

Lightbulb proper tire inflation is important..

Old 06-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolthomas View Post
I doubt this thread will get read and I honestly did not read all the other threads but here it goes anyway
Obviously, because what you wrote was discussed many pages ago and refuted.

Quote:
Guns in you car = guns on your person/possession. A peace officer has a legal right to inspect any guns in your possession.
Like hell they do. There's one (albeit unconstitutional) law that says an officer can check to see if a gun is unloaded if the officer observes that firearm out in public. They have no right to inspect guns they do not see or haven't been otherwise informed of.

Quote:
It is absolutely illegal to lie to a police officer. Now if all you have at the end is that someone didn't tell you about the legal guns in their car and you find them and run them and they are all legit, it might be unlikely a supervisor will approve an obstruction arrest. But do you want to chance it?
Again, this point was brought up pages ago and subsequently beat down multiple times. If you're going to spread info (or in this case FUD) at least give a source as to where you got it.

Check me out on YouTube! Shooting, Engineering, and Dogs. What's not to love?
Old 06-28-2010, 4:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer898 View Post
When I get pulled over the officer gets my CCW with my CDL. That focuses the conversation somewhat -- when asked if carrying, I answer in the affirmative. I really like being able to tell the truth! I understand the right to remain silent, I just like being able to tell the truth more.

On the other hand there is this story. A lawyer and his wife were driving in a strange western state. They were on cruise-control and well over the speed limit. They saw a state trooper notice them from the opposing traffic lanes and they pulled over before the trooper had turned around.

The lawyer and his wife got out of the car and were walking on the shoulder when the trooper pulled up. He asked them who was driving. The lawyer said, "I respectfully decline to assist with your investigation." This did not endear them to the trooper.
Finally the lawyer offered that if he would teach the officer a detective technique that would allow him to tell who was driving, would he let them go? He agreed.

The lawyer told him to look at the driver seat adjustment and that would tell him whether the lawyer or his much shorter wife had been driving.

I know the lawyer -- he used to be the Assistant DA in my office.
That lawyer was acting like an ahole and would have earned a ticket from me for playing games. Also both him and his wife would have gotten detained at gunpoint, back seat detained, possibly SFST'ed, and their car searched for his ahole-hattery.

Do NOT - and I can't stress this enough - do NOT get out of your vehicle upon being stopped UNLESS and UNTIL you are told to do so by the officer/deputy stopping you.
Old 06-28-2010, 6:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuelx View Post
That lawyer was acting like an ahole and would have earned a ticket from me for playing games. Also both him and his wife would have gotten detained at gunpoint, back seat detained, possibly SFST'ed, and their car searched for his ahole-hattery.

Do NOT - and I can't stress this enough - do NOT get out of your vehicle upon being stopped UNLESS and UNTIL you are told to do so by the officer/deputy stopping you.
What would be the probable cause that would allow you to search their vehicle? Also it appears the lawyer and wife were out of the car prior to being stopped since the officer hadn't turned his car around yet and stopped them? I'm sure we all agree doing anything but keeping your hands where the officer can see them when pulled over isn't a wise course of action when stopped.

I"m sorry to hear that detaining them at gun point would be justified due to the fact they stopped and got out of their car prior to being stopped.

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"
Old 06-28-2010, 6:48 AM

Quote:
Also both him and his wife would have gotten detained at gunpoint
wtf
Old 06-28-2010, 8:17 AM
Banned

Publicly announcing premeditation for assault with a deadly weapon. Brilliant.
Old 06-28-2010, 9:01 AM
Veteran Member

Check out my Tactical Machining 80% build

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on Calguns.
NRA Life Member
USPSA Member
IDPA Member
Old 06-28-2010, 9:41 AM
Banned

WTF? ^
Old 06-28-2010, 10:10 AM

When I transport, I do so in a legal manner. The last thing I need/want is to be pulled over (let's face it, if a police officer wants to find something to pull you over for - they will) and spend the next hour on the side of the road while the officer searches my vehicle.
It's a moral dilemma for me as I do very much appreciate and respect the job that officers must do. I will go out of my way to assist them, and teach my children the same. So, I have not been asked, but if I was, I'm not sure how I would/should answer. "No", the lie, or "Yes" the answer that more than likely gets me detained despite not breaking any laws.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Should i even bother explaining to those who are obviously anti le... hmmm...
I'm not anti LE so please do explain the legality of your proposed gun point detainment, SFST, and vehicle search. Don't like what someone does so you stomp all over there rights? Vigilante justice is okay as long as you have a badge, right? Your attitude is what turns threads like these into LEO bashing threads, and you turn it around and call others anti-LE when they call you on it.

Check out my Tactical Machining 80% build

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on Calguns.
NRA Life Member
USPSA Member
IDPA Member

Last edited by Lancear15; 06-28-2010 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: removed link
Closed Thread