Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2019, 8:33 AM
osis32's Avatar
osis32 osis32 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,442
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default Imbert and smithers secondary proof of residence for rifle

Some dbag employee there told me I needed another proof of government issued residence to purchase a rifle. I like to think I'm pretty well versed on these things but some times things slip through the cracks. I looked it up and I'm pretty sure he lied to me. Looking for confirmation that he did. And if he did **** him.
__________________
just a conservative guy in a liberal state.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2019, 8:59 AM
sfarchitect's Avatar
sfarchitect sfarchitect is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,236
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Hi there OSIS32! How are you doing sir. I've been meaning to get in touch.

As I understand this you are correct. One government issued ID. The secondary 'proof of residence' needn't be a gov't issued ID. It can be a utility bill with your name and address on it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2019, 8:59 AM
P5Ret P5Ret is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Ebay
Posts: 4,890
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

You'd probably spend more time arguing about it than it would take to pull your car registration out of your wallet.

Yeah I get it it's the principal, but teaching a pig to sing is a exercise in futility, and it rarely end the way you want it to.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2019, 9:13 AM
BONECUTTER BONECUTTER is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,843
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osis32 View Post
Some dbag employee there told me I needed another proof of government issued residence to purchase a rifle.
If you Drivers license does not have your current address under Federal Law you need Gov Proof of residency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
The secondary 'proof of residence' needn't be a gov't issued ID. It can be a utility bill with your name and address on it.
Not if the DL does not have the correct address unless the utility is a Gov run one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2019, 1:52 PM
osis32's Avatar
osis32 osis32 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,442
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

So I'll give a quick update. As an aside my info is all legit and correct. I went to peninsula guns and unfortunately their safe was full. I asked them if what I read on the doj website was accurate and they confirmed this extra info was not required by law. I called i&s back and eventually got them to admit it. So their policy is fsc, dl and either vehicle registration or hunting license or fishing license. It has to be state issued. They won't take utilities or anything like that. Basically a defacto ban on ppts that don't have vehicle registration. Which I did not as I was driving a company vehicle. Ended up at coyote point armory and everything went fine. Gonna buy a box of ammo in appreciation since my seller didn't have to peel off and drive home another 2.5 hours without completing the ppt. I will say that they lied to me twice before finally telling the truth and they are actively looking to avoid performing a ppt. So thank you peninsula guns and coyote point for being honest and coyote point for picking up the slack.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2019, 6:23 PM
WWDHD? WWDHD? is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alameda County
Posts: 1,734
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I&S is still in business?
__________________
NRA & CRPA member
semi-docile tax payer
amateur survivalist

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-23-2019, 6:46 AM
taperxz taperxz is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 16,974
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osis32 View Post
So I'll give a quick update. As an aside my info is all legit and correct. I went to peninsula guns and unfortunately their safe was full. I asked them if what I read on the doj website was accurate and they confirmed this extra info was not required by law. I called i&s back and eventually got them to admit it. So their policy is fsc, dl and either vehicle registration or hunting license or fishing license. It has to be state issued. They won't take utilities or anything like that. Basically a defacto ban on ppts that don't have vehicle registration. Which I did not as I was driving a company vehicle. Ended up at coyote point armory and everything went fine. Gonna buy a box of ammo in appreciation since my seller didn't have to peel off and drive home another 2.5 hours without completing the ppt. I will say that they lied to me twice before finally telling the truth and they are actively looking to avoid performing a ppt. So thank you peninsula guns and coyote point for being honest and coyote point for picking up the slack.

What exactly do you mean that Peninsulas safe was full?? They are required to do the PPT no matter what. If “their safe was full” they need to get another safe.

Sounds like they are refusing to do PPTs and lying too.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-23-2019, 8:07 AM
osis32's Avatar
osis32 osis32 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,442
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

As far as I know if they do not have the capacity to safely secure the gun they can't take it. I've had that happen over several years with many ffls. If you're scenario was the standard every fun store would have to mostly safes and have no room for their own stock.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-26-2019, 12:46 PM
taperxz taperxz is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 16,974
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osis32 View Post
As far as I know if they do not have the capacity to safely secure the gun they can't take it. I've had that happen over several years with many ffls. If you're scenario was the standard every fun store would have to mostly safes and have no room for their own stock.
Well, you are 100% wrong
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-26-2019, 6:00 PM
osis32's Avatar
osis32 osis32 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,442
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

News to me. I've heard that excuse from several ffls.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-26-2019, 9:37 PM
NapalmCheese's Avatar
NapalmCheese NapalmCheese is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Jose
Posts: 4,305
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osis32 View Post
News to me. I've heard that excuse from several ffls.
Probably because they don't want to do a PPT either and they've figured out that most people will swallow the 'safe is full' line without questioning it.
__________________
Calguns.net, where everyone responding to your post is a Navy Force Delta Recon 6 Sniperator.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-27-2019, 10:24 AM
Usmc0844spare Usmc0844spare is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 251
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDHD? View Post
I&S is still in business?

Well... they do sell CLP and patches... about the only things I anticipate ever buying there.

Maybe my semi-annual purchase of cleaning juice is what's keeping them afloat.

In all seriousness, almost every time I go in there there is a line at the counter. I bring my kid in sometimes just to make the idea of "gun stores" part of his normal experience in life.

Everything is overpriced but the folks seem nice enough.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-27-2019, 1:09 PM
NapalmCheese's Avatar
NapalmCheese NapalmCheese is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Jose
Posts: 4,305
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc0844spare View Post
Everything is overpriced but the folks seem nice enough.
I've always had good experiences there. I've never overpaid for anything there; and I appreciate their keeping a bunch of used guns out and available to fondle without having to bug someone behind the counter every time you want to take a closer look at a used rifle or shotgun. Not to mention their stock of used stuff seems to beat out everyone else in the area, including some really neat pieces. Decent selection of holsters if I recall correctly as well.
__________________
Calguns.net, where everyone responding to your post is a Navy Force Delta Recon 6 Sniperator.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-27-2019, 8:12 PM
jrara jrara is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Daly City
Posts: 1,707
iTrader: 116 / 100%
Default

Peninsula Tactical's Safe has been full since Febuary.............
__________________
Current Armory:
STI Spartan V 1911 9mm,
Daewoo DP51
Baby Eagle 9mm
P99 1st Gen
Springfield Armory Range Officer 9mm
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-30-2019, 9:16 PM
BigPimping's Avatar
BigPimping BigPimping is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Roasting those freaks in the hood
Posts: 16,844
iTrader: 58 / 100%
Default

I just bought a rifle last week. I offered a driver's license and a Car registration. They told me all I needed was my driver's license.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-08-2019, 7:54 AM
Sppotlight Sppotlight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 15
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

@BigPimping That's if your DL has your correct address. If you've moved since getting your DL issued, you need another govt document to prove your current address. (Car registration is the most common)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:26 PM
osis32's Avatar
osis32 osis32 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,442
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

My DL has the correct address though so that's why they're full of ****.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:38 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.